❤ In A Heartbeat ❤

By thegirlinstarydreams

•| Can be read as a General Fiction |• To like someone is to love lightly while to love someone is to like de... More

ᴄᴏᴘʏʀɪɢʜᴛ©
| Character Sketch |
| O N E |
| T W O |
| T H R E E |
| F O U R |
| F I V E |
| S I X |
| S E V E N |
| E I G H T |
| N I N E |
| T E N |
| E L E V E N |
| T H I R T E E N |
| F O U R T E E N |
| F I F T E E N |
| S I X T E E N |
| S E V E N T E E N |
| E I G H T E E N |
| N I N E T E E N |
| T W E N T Y |
| T W E N T Y - O N E |
| T W E N T Y - T W O |
| T W E N T Y - T H R E E |
| T W E N T Y - F O U R |
| T W E N T Y - F I V E |
| T W E N T Y - S I X |
| T W E N T Y - S E V E N |
| T W E N T Y - E I G H T |
| T W E N T Y - N I N E |
| T H I R T Y |
| T H I R T H Y - O N E |
| T H I R T Y - T W O |
| T H I R T Y - T H R E E |
| T H I R T Y - F O U R |
| T H I R T Y - F I V E |
| T H I R T Y - S I X |
| T H I R T Y - S E V E N |
| T H I R T Y - E I G H T |
| T H I R T Y - N I N E |
| F O R T Y |
| F O R T Y - O N E |
| F O R T Y - T W O |
| F O R T Y - T H R E E |
| F O R T Y - F O U R |
| F O R T Y - F I V E |
| F O R T Y - S I X |
| F O R T Y - S E V E N |
| F O R T Y - E I G H T |
| F O R T Y - N I N E |
| F I F T Y |
| F I F T Y - O N E |
| F I F T Y - T W O |
| F I F T Y - T H R E E |
| F I F T Y - F O U R |
| F I F T Y - F I V E |
| F I F T Y - S I X |
| F I F T Y - S E V E N |
| F I F T Y - E I G H T |
| F I F T Y - N I N E |
| S I X T Y |
| S I X T Y - O N E |
| S I X T Y - T W O |
| S I X T Y - T H R E E |
| S I X T Y - F O U R |
| S I X T Y - F I V E |
|S I X T Y - S I X |
| S I X T Y - S E V E N |
| S I X T Y - E I G H T |
| S I X T Y - N I N E |

| T W E L V E |

6.1K 714 68
By thegirlinstarydreams

Friends are the support which we needed even in our high time and even at the time when we needed to be left alone.

*** 

" Where are we going " Nandini asked mukti as she dragged her outside the hospital . 

" You will know by the time we reach there . " Mukti chirped moving towards the road side holding her hand and then  waiting for a few seconds  she said " here he comes , Our chauffeur is here . " 

Nandini looks in the direction where Mukti is looking and saw a blue bmw coming towards them . And just stopped infront of them .

The front glass opened giving a view of a curious Abhi looking at both of them , Mukti grinned at him and telling Nandini to come with her she opened the back door for her and herself got settled in the front seat and placed the seat belt . Abhi looked at Nandini from the rear glass while Mukti said " Let me introduce you too , He is Abhimanyu Thakkar , My brother's classmate and best friend , And she is Nandini Murthy , My brother's friend ." 

They both greeted each other , while Abhi chuckled and looked infront and said " Manik Malhotra , have a female friend too, that too so beautiful . " mukti smiled at him and he turned back at nandini and said " How do you get to know each other ? " 

" I am one of his patients . " Nandini said clearing her throat a bit , Abhi made a ohh faced and looked infront and chuckled and said " Not bad , hulk manik , you know how to make friends with your patients . " 

Nandini looked down at his comment , while mukti just hit his arm and said " Can't you stop acting like this whenever you see a beautiful women ? Let me tell you , Nandini is a friend of both mine and my brothers , don't try to flirt with her . "

"How could I ? I am not that kind of the person . Now that she is your friend , she is my friend too . Here , we will help each other in future . "  He said forwarding his visiting card to her which was just snatched by mukti in and she said " Nandini  has my brother , she doesn't need your help . " Nandini looked at mukti in shock while mukti turned around and said to her 

" Nandini , he is a big time flirt , be careful from him. " she said winking at her telling she is joking and abhi made a bad face and said " Nonsense , I am not like that . " 

" Really ?" Mukti asked him in full sarcasm which made abhi dumbfound and he just kept quiet and Nandini just chuckled at them and then they drive to the desired place . 

----

 Aurora Healthcare

Manik was in his cabin working on some patients case and was so engrossed in it that he din't even noticed when Aliya walked inside the cabin . She came and just got settled infront of him placing her file on the table and then looked at him seeing still no reaction from him so she said " Good Day , Dr. Malhotra . " 

" Hello . " Manik said , and finally looked at her then made a confusing look , she just looked smirking at him , and he said " It's you . " 

" I didn't except that you still remember me . " Aliya said and forwarded her hand to him and said " Hello , I am Aliya Saxena . " Manik just ignored her hand and just picked her file and asked " What's wrong with you ? " 

Aliya just backed her hand and relaxed on the chair and said " Nothing is wrong . i just want to have a talk with you . "

" This is not a cafe , Please leave if you are fine . " Manik said pushing her file back to him . Aliya leaned to him and said " then lets do an examination . We can talk while you are doing it . " She said and getting up from her chair and opening the buttons of her shirt . 

" I will do you one minute , go ahead with want you want to talk . " He said in frustrated voice and picked his phone and set a timer of 1 minute in it . Aliya smirked and walked back and got settled back on the chair . 

" You and Nandini are friends . " Aliya asked , which was answered by manik in " Yes " 

" What kind of friends . " She asked again manik looked at her and said " Common friends . " 

" Then do you like her ? " She asked him , and Manik just went silent at her question , aliya was observing his expression and then she just smiled and  stopped the timer , manik looked at her with a stern look and she just picked her bag and got up and said " Thank you for your time . " 

" What do you exactly want ? " Manik asked her , She turned around at him and said " you already told me what i wanna know , Thank you . " she was walking and just stopped in a neck and think something and turned around and said " And... { manik looked at her } Nandini is a good girl , don't miss her  " She said and started walking back , while manik was just sternly looking at her .  

Manik looked at her sternly and remembered her name and mumbled " Aliya Saxena ." 

----

Abhi opened the trunk of his car and started picking out the things which were in the trunk they shopped for the cafe , while they both were helping him to take them out . 

" You said you wanted to go out to shopping . You actually wanted to buy all these . " Nandini asked looking at all the decorations item and cushions and hangers she bought for the cafe . 

" Yes , The Amigos Cafe ,is going to open for business  tomorrow . Today we just bought the part of things we may need . "  She said and picked up the heavy coffee machine settling it on the ground . { Thanks  Appy1921 for the name suggestion , i just modified it a bit . } 

" Thank you Nandini , without your help , I wouldn't even know how to buy all these . " Mukti said and Nandini chuckled a bit at her and said " Though i don't know everything , I am just quite familiar  with decoration and stuff toys supplies . " 

" You know i go to every Stuff toy collections . " Nandini said , Mukti looked at her and said " Now that you like designing and making stuff and decoration items why don't you open up a studio for yourself ?" 

Nandini  looked at her and said " A studio ? How can i open one ? " 

" Off course you can , i think you have done great . Besides you have already resigned don't you want to do something that you really like ? How about this I will save a room for you to make studio on the top floor of my cafe , so that you can work and get many many orders too . " Mukti said , Nandini smiled at her and said " Great , i will think about it . " 

Mukti grinned and held her hand in hers and said " Then its a deal , if you don't come that place would be wasted . " Nandini chuckled at her , and in the same moment Abhi came from outside keeping heaving item inside the store and he said " Mukti Malhotra , I am officially informing you don't ask me to do this in future , look { He showed his hands which were shaking and were red due to lifting heaving boxes , mukti chuckled at it } how they are shaking , for god sake i am a doctor if any patient saw me like this then will ask if i have any serious disease  of shaking hands ." he said , mukti and nandini laughed at his complain , while he continued " huh you are laughing , comeon i have a surgery tomorrow , what if something happen to the patient , i will give all the blame on you . " 

" huh , i didn't know you are that weak that after lifting boxes your head will refuse to work accordingly . " Mukti taunted him and he pointed his finger at her but remained silent and giving up to argue with her started going back to the cafe when mukti wined and said " Ahha i am hungry , I would like to eat some momos  . " 

Abhi turned around at her and said " Buy it yourself . " Mukti made puppy face at him while from behind nandini said " i will go with you . " But mukti held her hand to stop her and continued winning and making puppy and lovely faces at Abhi , for which he made a frustrated groan as he finally melted by her looks and in an irritated voice he said " you must be sent by the devil to punish me . " and started walking to bring momos packed for the three of them , while mukti chuckled and she and Nandini both started walking to her cafe . 

They both were placing the things and Mukti gave Nandini a soft drink to drink by the time and she started setting up the items they brought , while nandini looked at her with a smile and said "Its not easy to be your boyfriend . " 

Mukti looked at her and said " He is not my boyfriend . though i want him to be the one , I love him since i was a child but he is just like my bro , they both think i am a child So i try to bully him for all sort of reasons , only in this way he can remember me " and grinned at Nandini . 

" Then does he know ? " Nandini asked her , while mukti replied " He doesn't know , Even if i stand infront of him and tell him That I love him he wouldn't believe me , But its okay , I have grown up I definitely  can make him become my boyfriend . " 

" I really admire you . " Nandini said to her and continued saying "  You can face your feelings bravely . " 

" Why can't I ? There is nothing wrong to like someone . " She said and Nandini went all silent sitting in some deep thoughts , Mukti looked at her and then thought for something and went near her and said " What do you think of my brother ? " She asked , Nandini looked at her waiting for her to finish as she continued " Just That Manik Malhotra who did that surgery for you ? " Nandini looked the other side and said " he.. He is good . he has got superb medical skills and is patient .. " She was going to continue when mukti stopped her by saying .

" That's not what i meant , I mean ... Its just as a man , is he charming ? " Mukti asked her grinning , and nandini replied " I think so , i think he is sweet , And he will think of others though he seems to be indifferent , he is actually a earnest and careful man . " She said while mukti made a bad face and said " I can't believe that you think he is sweet . "

" yes he is sweet . "  She said and started drinking her drink while mukti slowly chuckled and said " In that case , would you be like to be his girlfriend . " As soon as mukti ask this she chocked on her drink and Mukti just patted her back and nandini looked at her like what the hell she said while Mukti just explained her " Though it looks like that he is popular , he is already 27 years old and he hasn't been in love for once . " 

" Really ? "Nandini asked calming her breath and said " May be he wants someone who's is excellent . " Mukti made a bad face and said " May be , or maybe not . " and then grining at her she said " What he likes is quite simple , he likes those kind of frank , honest and natural girls . he doesn't like those girls who who put heavy makeup on , he doesn't like the girls who wear high heels , he doesn't like those who like watching daily soaps , he doesn't like those who waste food , You and my bro have seen each other for so many times you can start dating . " Mukti showed her full teeth smile and nandini lightly chuckled.

" Its not about whether  i can do so or not . I just broke up , I am not ready to be in other relationship . "  Nandini said , mukti nodded at her but said " Its alright  , How about this  ? If you want to date someone can you date him first . Pleaseee . " Mukti said , while being a little hesitant though looking at mukti's pleads she smiled and said " alright . " 

Mukti jumped in joy and showed her , her pinky finger and said " Pinky promise . " Nandini chuckled at her antics but promised her by joining their pinkys and then they both continued talking and doing work . 

----

After dropping Nandini at her place , Abhi and Mukti were going to Mukti's place when abhi saw ukti a bit lost so he asked " What are you thinking about ? " 

" I am thinking about Nandini " Mukti answered him while he asked her " Are you really going to help your bro and Nandini to be together ? You bro is an insulator of Love , he is not the one for Nandini . " 

" Now the things are different . Have you seen my bro care about someone ? The way he cares about Nandini can be described as meticulous . And there is a little secret between them for more than a decade . " She said and Abhi looked at her with amusement and asked " What secret ? " 

" Its a secret . " Mukti said . 

" I still think its impossible . I think Vibha is better than Nandini . " he said and mukti made a frustrated look and said to him " You are an idiot , Nandini has her own charms You can't see doesn't mean my bro can't  , girls like Vibha , are not my bro's type . " 

" Don't aim at her Mukti , She is quite good . " Abhi said and Mukti looked at him and said " Then you should chase after her ? Why do you leave her to my bro ? " And then then mukti again left Abhi speechless , and he cleared his throat and continued driving . 

----   

It was Night Nandini was working on her designs when she remembered what mukti said to her and started giving it a thought , she looked at her cat stuff toy which was in her hands and said to it " Do you think i can do it . " 

She chuckled a bit and kept the cat a little far like it may be talking to her and mimicked saying "off course you can . " and then she remembers what manik said to her to follow her dreams and she just had a smile reminiscing every thing he said to her . 

---- 

Manik and Mukti were having their breakfast where mukti was again and again making huffing sounds to gain manik 's attention which was of no use , but the last huff and manik said " Do you know bad moods will have negative effect on digestive system ? If you don't want to eat just leave . "

Mukti looked at him and said " Bro , do you know Nandini just broke up with her boyfriend ? " 

" yes , I know . " Manik said , while mukti asked him " How do you know everything ? Do you know she doesn't want to begin another relationship because of it ."

" It's not my business " manik said concentrating on his breakfast . Mukti made a haww face and said " My dear brother Are you really so confident or you are just pretending to be calm . You can't be arrogant just because there are so many girls into you . I am telling you , if you don't try hard enough , you can make Nandini to be your girl friend. " Manik stopped eating as soon as he heard this and looked at her and said " Did i ever told you that I like her .  " 

Mukti grinned and said " You haven't said it out , but its all on your face . No one can tell , But me , You know my eyes are so sharp . Don't worry i will help you , I have invited her to run a studio in my cafe. we can look after each other . And you can meet her a lot .  " She stopped to look manik's reaction as he was so much eager to know more so she continued " But she is a little hesitant now  , I spent all my money on store decoration and she had to help me . " she said this with a low voice and looked slightly at manik to see his reaction as he stopped eating and to give her final shot she huffed and got up from the table when she heard manik's voice . 

" How much money is still needed ? " he asked , mukti grinned and immediately went near him and said " 10,000. Thank you . i will was the dishes . "  She said and picked his plate while he just kept mum and looking at her crazy sister , Mukti while reached back to him and bend down at his ear level and said scaring him a little "By the way she said , if she want to begin a relationship . You are the first priority . " And left from their laughing , while manik just smiled and his cheeks started turning into red .

----

" It was a pleasure meeting you . " Mr . Sharma said after shaking hands with Aryaman and Aliya who had a meeting with them related to their company . 

Mr. Sharma left them infront of hotel saying he will contact them soon and both smiled at him and bid  him bye , Arayaman was looking at him going that he didn't even saw Aliya's expression changing to pain until she clutched his arm and started falling down , Arayaman was looking at her not knowing what to do so he just picked her up and left to the hospital in his car . 

Aurora healthcare 

Arayaman was pacing infront of a ward waiting for the  doctor to come outside the ward as soon as the doctor came outside he rushed to her who immediately made a bad face due to the alcohol smell coming from him , so he just went a bit behind and asked " Doctor , how is she ? "

" What's your relation with her . "  She asked.

" I am her friend . " he answered , she nodded and said "She had an operation a while ago do you know that ? "

" I know . " he said and nodded his head . 

" Then how can you let her drink so much ? Fine since you are friends you should pay more attention to her physical condition . she is still weak now , she needs to have good rest don't let her drink anymore ."the doctor said and Aryaman nodded and she said " She needs to stay here for another night , if everything is okay she will get discharge tomorrow . " 

" May i see her now ? " Arayaman asked her and the doctor nodded and left while aryaman went inside Aliya's room . 

" i am sorry i forgot that you can't drink . "  aryaman said as he entered her ward for which aliya replied a small its okay . 

" How are you now . " he asked her , Aliya looked at him and kept her palm on his and said " you still care about me . "  and their left an uncomfortable silence in the room . 

----    

" Dr. Sneha " Manik called out . 

" Dr. manik , Why are you here ? "   She asked him , 

" I am just here to ask about the patient whom you just treated . " Manik said . 

" Which one ? "  She asked .

" Aliya Saxena . " Manik named out the patient . 

----

Arayaman was sitting on the bench which was in the garden of the hospital and was still little drunk when someone forwarded him a bottle of water to him , he looked up and saw manik and he said 

" It will help you to sober up . "  he said , Arayaman took the bottle and drank the water and said " Thank you . "  and after a brief pause he said " i didn't except to to come to the hospital you worked . Do you think we are even close to be called called enemies ? " 

***

❤ Chapter 12 ❤

So how it is.

Hope you like it..

What's the most favorite thing in this chapter.

Precape: Studio and breakup party

Thank you

Love

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.4K 3.3K 7
✨""We spend our lives searching for meaning. Take a break. Let it find You.""✨ "I'm leaving!" She paused "I need a b...
77.3K 4.8K 62
Manan ff A beautiful game of destiny So this is my first story hope you guys like it This story is about two people who are best friends and did no...
161K 7.6K 45
This story revolves mainly around Nandini and Manik aka Manan. This story is how both will fall in love but they won't express their love. One mistak...
361K 30.3K 72
"LOVE"... the most complicated feeling yet simple word ....So let's meet two souls in this story. Where one is don't know anything about love rather...