Write My Wrongs ✓

By amaraxwrites

[complete] #1 "I'm a goner for you smile, mi perla," He said before dipping his head to capture my lips with... More

Write My Wrongs
00 | Breaking and Entering
01 | Cold Hickory Eyes
02 | Eye Contact
03 | A Whole World Apart
04 | Not Ready
05 | A Moment Too Long
06 | Be Careful
07 | Couldn't Help Myself
08 | Could've Been Worse
09 | Panic
10 | Troubled Souls
11 | Too Busy Flirting
12 | Feels Like Home
13 | Should Have Stayed Away
14 | A Single Touch
14.5 | The Night on the Beach
15 | A Weekend Away
16 | Needy
17 | Almost
18 | Wake Up Call
19 | Impending Crush
20 | The Comfort
21 | Pearls
22 | Since You've Been Gone
23 | Wrong Timing
24 | Not a Date
25 | Here To Stay
26 | Don't Break Hearts
28 | Enchanting To Meet You
29 | Close Enough
30 | It's Bittersweet
31 | You're Worth It
32 | My Comfort
33 | Goner For Your Smile
34 | Hello, Old Friend
35 | Homesick
36 | Bucky
37 | Roses and Baby's-breath
38 | The Calm
39 | The Storm
40 | A Lie
41 | The End of Us
42 | I Miss You
43 | You Are My Happiness
44 | In My Arms Again
45 | Closure
46 | End of a Chapter
47 | Bleed Myself Dry
48 | Through the Heart
49 | Unsaid Words
50 | Epilogue
The Written Love Series
Fool Me Once

27 | Soul Tie

852 28 28
By amaraxwrites

P E A R L

Nicandro didn't seem to hear a thing, but Gabriel's hold on the blanket loosened. It almost slipped out of his hands, along with the keys in the other, and he stumbled in his spot trying to regain balance of both.

"What?" He whisper-shouted, looking puzzled.

Everyone glanced at Nicandro as River's mother reached Nia out to him.

Then he stopped and took a step back.

"Wait. Did you say River's child!?" He darted his eyes to River, who nodded once, hesitantly. He was scared of Nico's reaction. "How?"

"Nico," Edvany replied gently. "When a woman and man, you know, have sex-"

Teagan laughed, and the sound of it made River look visibly calm.

"Do you want to hold her, Ro?" River's mother still held the child out to Nicandro, whose stare turned back to Nia.

"She's a baby," He stated.

"Yes, four months old," She said, grabbing Nico's arm to pull him forward. She settled Nia into Nico's arms.

Nicandro stood extremely still, not daring to make a sudden move.

"I'm scared, I'm scared, I'm scared," He mumbled over and over again, glancing down at the infant with soft eyes.

"You've got her," River's mother reassured him gently.

Nicandro held Nia with one arm and used his other hand to pull the blanket down, away from her face. His face faltered as he gulped nervously.

"River has a child," He murmured to himself, cradling Nia closer to his chest. "River has a daughter."

"I'm-" Gabriel stopped himself with a small chuckle. "Sorry, I'm a little slow." He tucked the blanket under his arms and walked closer to us. "Uh, hi, everyone, but what the fuc-fudge?"

It was then I realised that Zion had been silent the whole time. I glanced up at him and watched as he looked at River. I couldn't tell what he was feeling, but from the way River avoided his gaze, I guessed he was hurt. Or at least confused on why River never told them anything.

"In case that wasn't clear, I think I need an explanation on where this child came from," Gabriel lowered his voice, flickering his eyes at Nia.

Nicandro didn't even look up to acknowledge anyone else. He just stared. "This was a mistake because now I'm not going to share her."

Edvany and Teagan approached them and began cooing Nia. Teagan looked more at ease with the situation, and I assumed River had introduced her to his child a while before.

"Jennifer," River managed to utter the child's mother's name. "A month after the breakup, she told me she was pregnant." His dark eyes didn't look at anyone besides Nia as Nicandro began to rock her gently.

"Jennifer? The three-month relationship?" Gabriel asked to confirm he knew what River was talking about.

"Yeah," River admitted, shamefully from the sound of it. "I helped her during the pregnancy. She never went back to school after that. But when she delivered Nia, she left town with her parents. Now she only calls to check on her."

River's mother tilted her head at River, reaching a hand out to rub his shoulder.

"I'm going to get some drinks," She said before leaving the living room.

"You had a whole human for four months and never told anyone," Gabriel handed River the light pink blanket and keys without removing his eyes from Nia.

River caught them in his chest, and let his gaze drift to Zion. "I wanted to," River said. "But I didn't want you all to freak out."

Zion sighed. "I don't know if I want to punch you for thinking that bad of us as your brothers, or if I want to hug you for even going there."

River released a relieved breath, smiling to himself as he dipped his head.

"I guess I should thank Pearl for reassuring me it'll be alright," He nodded at me in thanks.

"Hold the fu- front door," Nico stumbled over his words. "Pearl knew this before us, didn't she?"

"Uh, yes?" I responded, feeling everyone's gaze turn to me.

"First, she knows of Zion's tattoo before us, then River's child," His blue eyes playfully narrowed down on me. "You got some dirt on me or Gabby?" He wiggled his eyebrows, but I froze.

I couldn't stop myself from looking at Gabriel. It looked like he, too, froze, and I hated that he seemed paralysed with uncertainty.

"No," A nervous snicker escaped my lips, putting Gabriel's posture at ease.

"I'm sure," Nico sounded unconvinced.

"Kids, come on out outside. I got some food ready!" River's mother shouted from further down the house.

Teagan grabbed Edvany's arm and walked up to me.

"How are you feeling?" Teagan hooked her arm around mine and led us to through the wide hallway.

"Tired," I said, leaning my head on Teagan's shoulder for a short second.

"If you need to rant about how you're going to miss your two favourite bullies, Edvany and I will listen," She comforted me, and I kissed her cheek in gratitude.

"So," Edvany cleared her throat and snuck a quick look to the boys following behind us. When she saw they were at a safe distance, she glanced at me from in front of Teagan's face. "What was that between you and Zion?"

I narrowed my eyes at her because there was no way I'd be getting out of this conversation with Teagan listening.

"Right now, we're friends," I shrugged, murmuring quietly.

"Mhm," Edvany pursed her lips and faced the back sliding doors we headed to.

"That leaves room for later, doesn't it?" Teagan side glanced me. "For now, it's just friends, and later..."

"Time will tell," I simply stated.

River's mother appeared behind the glass sliding door and opened it for us, a warm smile growing on her face.

"I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier," She moved aside so that we could step onto the back porch. "You can call me Susanna."

"It's nice to meet you, Susanna," Edvany removed her arms from Teagan to greet Susanna in a polite hug. "I'm Edvany, and this is Teagan and Pearl."

"Lovely names," She smiled at all of us, then landed her eyes on Teagan. "Teagan sounds oddly familiar, though."

"Alright," River's voice cut through his mother's before she could speak any further.

I saw her brown eyes widen in realisation before chuckling softly.

"Can you let us go through the doors first, please?" He drawled, a little louder than usual, and moved past us.

He slid the door further open, gesturing toward the chairs adorning the grass beyond the porch.

"Questa è la ragazza di cui parlavi?" Susanna murmured to River in Italian.

[Is this the girl you were talking about?]

I understood bits of the language as my Spanish dialect was similar.

River spoke to his mother about Teagan? It appeared like I'd be having my own little Nico chat with River eventually.

"Non mettermi in imbarazzo, mamma," He tipped his head down and sighed heavily.

[Don't embarrass me, mamma]

Susanna's smile brightened, though it appeared mischievous.

"I'm going to get some drinks out, huh?" She placed a hand behind River's back before manoeuvring her way back inside.

Drinks?

I inhaled deeply, reminding myself that I wasn't the only one here. It would be selfish to get everyone else to stop drinking because of me. I just had to learn to control myself.

Besides, Susanna didn't clarify if she'd be bringing out alcohol.

Exhaling slowly, I realised Edvany and Teagan were already walking ahead.

"River's mother usually brings out some alcohol while we're here. She lets our parents know, and they're fine with it because she makes sure we don't get carried away," Zion spoke from beside me.

Well, there goes the calm. Hello, storm.

"I won't be drinking, though," Zion's warm hand skimmed along my lower back. "And if you're worried you might slip, I'll keep the drinks out of your reach."

I didn't say anything as he lead us toward the seats Edvany and Teagan began to sit on.

The lightness in the sky was on the brink of fading as the sun lowered behind River's house. The shadows crept on the grass below us, and the clear sky above made me feel at ease. I didn't feel like I was going to suffocate.

Or maybe it was because of Zion's palm grazing against the thin material of my shirt.

"Are you cold?" He leaned his head closer to mine, and I refused to look at him because I was afraid he'd see the doubt in my eyes.

"No," I smiled gently, shaking my head.

"You shivered," He pressed his hand firmly onto my back.

Yes, because your hand is warm.

"I'll be fine, Zion," It was only when we stopped in front of the seats that I glanced up at him.

He was looking at me weirdly. He always knew when I was lying, or when there was something off in my voice.

"It was your hand," I told him honestly. "It's warm."

Nodding abruptly to myself at my stupidity, I took a spot beside Edvany, not looking back at Zion's eyes again.

The sound of quiet bickering caught our attention.

Nico and Gabriel silently argued about who could hold Nia. Obviously, Nicandro turned his back to Gabriel, pressing the baby tightly to his chest protectively.

"I said later," Nicandro spoke firmly, then held his head up high in defiance.

"Brat," Gabriel scolded him then made his way toward us. "He might as well be her age."

Teagan snickered quietly before drawing her eyebrows together. "Hey, where's Serenity?"

Gabriel inhaled sharply, avoiding Teagan's questioning gaze.

"She's not coming," He replied quietly before taking a seat across from us.

"Is she okay?" Edvany tilted her head in concern.

"Yeah, she's visiting a sick friend," Gabriel leaned back in his seat, never looking up at either of us.

"I got the drinks!"

Susanna interrupted - what was about to be - awkward silence as she approached with bottles and cans in her arms.

Gabriel was the first to get up, jogging over to River's mother to help her balance the drinks.

"Okay, listen," She said. "Not a lot of drinking today, alright? We got a baby here, so no overdoing it."

"Yes, ma'am," Nicandro replied, but I didn't think he even heard what Susanna said. He was sitting on a chair beside Edvany, gently positioning Nia against his legs.

"If you drink, you can't be holding Nia anymore," Edvany informed him.

He paused, then looked at her with confusion.

"What?"

"Are you going to have a drink?" Edvany nodded to Susanna and Gabriel.

"Uh," Nicandro seemed like he was in deep thought.

"It's a simple question, Nico," River began walking toward him. "Yes or no."

"No," Nico replied hesitantly.

River clicked his tongue then reached his hands out.

"What? No! I'm holding her, leave us alone," Nicandro tugged Nia toward him as she began to softly murmur.

It had been the first time she made noise in our presence, and Nico looked so mesmerised.

"She's my kid, dumbass," River pressed.

"Language in front of the baby, dipshit," Nicandro scolded River, and I heard Zion try to compress his laughter beside me as he took a seat. It came out as a small wheeze, and it made me smile.

Susanna shook her head at the arguing children and set the drinks on the table.

"These are non-alcoholic beverages for anyone who doesn't drink," She walked toward us with a few drinks balanced in her hands.

When she reached us, Susanna offered a reddish-pink drink.

The glass bottle moved closer to me, and before I could take the drink from her Zion snatched it from her grasp.

She threw him a confused glance with an amused smile playing on her lips as she realised how Zion was looking at me.

"It's cherry flavoured," He murmured, a little sheepishly.

His eyes couldn't look into mine for too long, and I spotted the rosy tinge to his cheeks. "She's allergic."

I could even feel Teagan and Edvany sneak a quick glimpse as if they couldn't believe he knew that.

Susanna parted her lips with concern, frantically taking the drink away from us.

"It won't hurt me if it's in the bottle," I chuckled, trying to relieve them from any worries.

"Oh," Susanna sighed, her eyes still scanning Zion. "Zion is a little too cautious with the people he loves sometimes."

If I had a drink, I would've spat it out at the sound of her words.

He inhaled sharply beside me, shifting uncomfortably in his spot.

"Yeah, I think I figured that out," I spoke with hopes of easing the nerves that made my face feel heated.

My eyes hadn't left Zion as he looked at Susanna with a tense expression.

She hummed, seeming satisfied with herself, before walking to River. My eyes followed her petite form to avoid further conversation with Zion.

I felt Teagan nudge my arm but ignored it obliviously.

I didn't want to acknowledge anything between Zion and me. It was too soon, and it couldn't happen. Not with Riot around, anyway. I didn't want someone else's safety to be in jeopardy.

"Do you like the moon?" Zion's voice almost made me freeze in my spot.

Perfect, I thought. Now I'm more nervous than I was a second ago.

I turned my head to face him. The sides of his face were slightly flushed, but it didn't stop him from making firm eye contact with me.

"Yeah, the moon is beautiful," I nodded to his question. "Do you?"

"Very much," He nodded back. "Especially when it's out when the sun is," Zion's slender finger pointed to the sky above us without moving his eyes from me.

I followed the direction it guided me and saw the moon gracing the sky with a faint light. The sun beginning to set, and the illumination around the moon was just beginning to glow.

"Did you know," Nicandro's voice drawled from across the yard. "That looking at the moon with someone is a soul tie?"

A deep sigh escaped Zion's lips, and I assumed he was over everyone interrupting our small moments. I tensed my jaw, feeling slightly flustered when Zion's hand dropped to my thigh.

"Nico," He began to scold him, but Nicandro cut him off.

"Yeah, and when the moon appears during the day, it's because the moon is in the right spot in the sky. It reflects just the right amount of light to be almost as bright as the sun." He stated as a matter of factly.

"Give me my child before she starts rambling like you do," River gracefully took Nia from his best friend's arms and sighed softly when she snuggled closer to his broad chest.

Nico rolled his eyes.

"It's because I'm smart that I ramble," He scoffed and glared at River as he took a seat beside Gabriel.

I didn't think I recalled anything of what they spoke about afterwards because Zion's warm hand rested on my thigh.

His grip was loose as if he was absentmindedly touching me.

Susanna was inside of the house for most of the time, letting everyone else converse comfortably. I wished I knew what they were saying, but I was more intent on keeping my breaths steady.

"Do you want me to get you some water?" Zion leaned closer to my shoulder, and I almost felt his breath brush against my skin.

"No, thanks," I shook my head, eventually slanting it to look at his large hand as it enclosed above my knee.

"You still tired?" He asked quieter.

I felt the slight sting in my eyes and the heaviness of my eyelids.

"A little," I tilted my head until I was face to face with Zion.

My eyes caught onto his lips, and I watched his breath hitch under my brief gaze.

"Uh," He cleared his throat, then looked at the grass between our seats. "I thought you should have this."

After grabbing something from his front pocket, he positioned a folded paper between us.

"What is it?" I glanced at the small writing that decorated the note.

"It's the poem you read from my book," His fingers gently opened the paper, revealing the blue ink that sprawled neatly across the space.

I slanted my head to get a good look at the writing on the other side.

"Did you write another poem?" My hands reached out to flip the page.

"No," He chuckled, and sounded a little unsure. "I wrote down some songs that remind me of you."

My touch on the paper faltered.

It was all at once that my heart stuttered in my chest and a bundle of nerves rocketed as my fingers brushed against his.

I couldn't look at him, but I could tell his gaze on me was expectant of a reaction.

"What?" My eyes narrowed on the sheet of paper, bringing it closer to my face.

He let go of it, and I had become hyper-aware of his other hand still resting on the skin above my knee.

"We have similar music tastes, so I thought-" Zion watched me as I examined the blue writing. "I don't know what I thought, actually."

Then he froze. It seemed as if he became aware of how his thumb accidentally grazed my thigh, and suddenly his warm touch was removed.

"Shit," A breathless chuckle blew out from his mouth. "I didn't even realise- I'm sorry if that made you uncomfortable."

He murmured so quietly, I barely heard it.

My eyes were solely focused on the name of the songs he'd written, and the small sentences he wrote underneath them.

"Oh, you don't have to read them now," Zion snatched the paper out of my hand smoothly, a small grin playing on his lips.

Our faces were so close that I could see his dilated pupils against his dark brown irises.

"Why not?" I narrowed my eyes teasingly at him.

"Because you're tired," It was a lame excuse, but a very true one.

"And? I can still read," I tried reaching for the paper again, but he held it higher.

"Let me take you home, first, then you can read it after you take a nap," He looked so determined to make me get some rest.

I sighed and deflated against my seat.

"Sleep can wait a little longer. I don't want to ruin this," I gestured to everyone else chatting.

They looked at ease. As if we belonged in the same setting together.

"You won't be, Pearl," My face flooded with warmth at the feel of his hand gently grabbing the side of my jaw, pulling my face back to his. "If you're tired, you should get some rest. Sleep waits for no one."

He said the last words with a playful grin, but his gaze that danced along the lines and curves of my face was not playful at all.

Zion studied my face closely, almost too quickly, trying to consume the sight of me like he wouldn't see it again in a long time.

The thought of that tugged at my heartstrings. Not seeing him in a long time. I didn't like that idea.

"Not even that boy. Zion. He cannot know."

The memory of Riot's voice was a force that made me pull away from Zion's grip.

Finally agreeing with Zion, I nodded without looking up to see his face as my mood shifted.

I was too scared to see the way his feelings were developing as mine were. 

_____________

a/n: I graduated yesterday (was meant to graduate but princess rona said 'halt') so now I kinda have more time to write and I started a plot for a new book - that is so sad idk how I am gonna manage to write it - which takes place among these characters so they will be making appearances and stuff

idk if this story is going to come out before or after the other spin offs I have planned for this story but I'll figure it out eventually bc my head is chaotic and I am not organised at all.

anywayyy, have a great day/ night <3

[not edited]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 4.5K 37
"Breathtakingly beautiful."he whispers against my ear. I can hear the anticipation in his voice. His lips crash up against mine, this being my first...
402K 6.4K 42
Originally "My girl." NOT EDITED⚠️ "You love hugs Don't you?" "Only yours." - "You know, if you wanted a kiss you could've just asked, princess."...
707K 24.1K 139
'"You're a liar. You're a dirty fucking liar," I sob. Despite the fact that I want nothing more than to run away from the man standing in front of me...
1.1M 23.8K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...