ALMOST IS NEVER ENOUGH | TVD...

Da dkxnita

❝HOW CAN WE BE JUST MEMORIES? HOW DOES THAT LEAVE US WITH ENOUGH?❞ MINERVA DEVON IS THE UNDISPUTED RULER OF M... Altro

BOOK ONE
I • MINERVA ROSALINA DEVON
II • THE NIGHT OF THE COMET
III • FRIDAY NIGHT BITES
IV • FAMILY TIES
V • YOU'RE UNDEAD TO ME
VI • LOST GIRLS
VII • HAUNTED
VIII • ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY-TWO CANDLES
IX • HISTORY REPEATING
X • THE TURNING POINT
XI • BLOODLINES
XII • UNPLEASANTVILLE
XIII • CHILDREN OF THE DAMNED
XIV • FOOL ME ONCE
XV • A FEW GOOD MEN
XVI • THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD
XVII • LET THE RIGHT ONE IN
XVIII • UNDER CONTROL
XIX • MISS MYSTIC FALLS
XX • BLOOD BROTHERS
XXI • ISOBEL
XXII • FOUNDER'S DAY
XXIII • THE RETURN
XXIV • BRAVE NEW WORLD
XXV • BAD MOON RISING
XXVI • MEMORY LANE
XXVII • KILL OR BE KILLED
XXVIII • PLAN B
XXIX • MASQUERADE
XXX • ROSE
XXXI • KATERINA
XXXII • THE SACRIFICE
XXXIII • BY THE LIGHT OF THE MOON
XXXIV • THE DESCENT
XXXV • DADDY ISSUES
XXXVII • THE DINNER PARTY
XXXVIII • THE HOUSE GUEST
XXXIX • KNOW THY ENEMY
XL • THE LAST DANCE
XLI • KLAUS
XLII • THE LAST DAY
XLIII • THE SUN ALSO RISES
XLIV • AS I LAY DYING
BOOK TWO • ARDENT
BOOK THREE • GREEDY

XXXVI • CRYING WOLF

246 4 0
Da dkxnita

thirty-six. crying wolf

Forbes Residence

A cell phone ringtone goes off loudly, on the near bedside table of the comfortable queen-sized bed, as somebody is calling on the other end of the line, waking up the foursome of sleepy girls sleeping on the big bed, tired, since their comforting slumber party the previous night just for their best friend; she truly deserves the warm company of her loved ones after what she has been through — kidnapped, tortured and held captive in a large cage like a rabid animal, broke off her friendship with one of their childhood friends. Caroline promptly pushes Rosie off of the big bed, in her sleepy state, and the caramel brunette falls to the floor with her blanket.

The cute sleepy blonde groans tiredly, "Go away!" It seems too early in the morning for her to have someone call her to speak or even a greeting.

Rosie lands on the mahogany wooden floor with a grunt and looks back up at her blonde best friend, angrily, "Good morning to you too." She crawls across the floor towards her cell phone and takes it off the bedside table, and she answers it without even checking the caller ID at first, "Hello?" Her right hand reaches up to gently stroke her caramel locks to look less messy, especially when several strands of it are already in front of her sleepy face.

The heavily sleepy Bonnie and Caroline look over at Rosie, with cute tired expressions, from the big queen-sized bed as Elena remains soundly asleep at the end of the bed being the heavy sleeper they all ever know. Although both the blonde and the witch are incredibly annoyed with being awaken. Bonnie squints her sleepy green eyes at the alarm clock, sitting on the bedside table as well, to see that it's already seven o'clock in the morning.

"Shhh." The African-American shuts her sleepy eyes to resume her sleep.

The golden blonde groans once again in pure frustration, sleepy, "Rosie!"

"Fine." Rosie drags herself out of her best friend's bedroom, through the slightly open door, and continues her conversation with her boyfriend, who remains at home at the Boarding house, walking slowly down the hallway. She wonders if she could spend the whole day with him today. Of course.

A smile appears on Stefan's handsome face in hearing the love of his life's cute voice from the other end of the line, "How was the slumber party?" Honestly, the whole party from the previous night was actually her idea in the first place since she knew how uptight her best friend is behaving, despite how hard she tried to hide it from her, or anyone, until that night. Hopefully, the sleepover did the trick for all four girls to feel even better from their own personal predicaments over the past few absentee days.

An adorable smile plasters over Rosie's lovely face to hear her lover's voice as well, "Good and much needed. When can you and I have one?" Ironically, for humor purposes, she can always have a slumber party with him since they live under the same roof together now. Honestly, she's looking forward to it; to sleep in the same bed and same room with her boyfriend once again. The sooner, the better to keep each other with warm company.

"Mmm...that can be arranged." Stefan flirtatiously replied with a smirk.

An adorable giggle escapes her at the thought, widening her smile even more, "Okay. Now." She nods a little, "Today. Take me far, far away."

He shakes his head a little, truly puzzled, "Even with everything that's going on?" Despite the werewolves being forced out of town, that doesn't mean they're safe; especially when there are new residents in their hometown by an Original vampire with his two trusted witch allies by his deal with Elena. Despite how harmless Elijah may seem to them now, they still can't trust him. They can't really trust him to tell the ugly truth either. He's brilliant.

"Because of everything that's going on, actually." She chuckles at this truth. Honestly, she truly needs a distraction from this old sun and moon curse.

Stefan simply shrugs, "Well, in that case, where would you like to go?"

****

Salvatore Boarding House

Andie Star checks her wrist watch before she quickly puts on her dark green jacket as she speed-walks down the main stairs from sleeping with her new boyfriend the previous late night. Damon quickly trails after behind her, carrying her light green scarf along, smiling at his brand new love interest who he only takes a liking just because she resembles Rose-Marie a lot; standing at five feet eight tall, with light brown hair and dark brown eyes. Honestly, he genuinely feels much better once he's around this woman. Although not as better once he's around another certain girl, who's unfortunately spoken for by none other than his enviable, good brother.

"I'm late. This is such a crazy day." Andie stops and looks at her clear reflection in the mirror at the bottom of the stairs, "I'm, uh, covering the Historical Society's High Tea." She has a bandage over her bite mark on her neck, seemingly unfazed by it under her boyfriend's mind compulsion.

Tea? History? Crazy? It seems that Elijah Mikaelson fits those categories. Therefore, he would probably be present there, or perhaps only his friends.

Damon sarcastically replied; throwing the scarf up, "Ooh! Thrilling." Truth. Anything would give him the thrill once the Originals are involved anyway.

They walk together down the main hallway leading to the main front door, which he opens and finds Rosie just arriving back home from her best friend's house earlier, her caramel brown hair in a messy-styled bun. She stops at the doorstep to face them both, seemingly awkward to intercept her ways with them, especially when she's in a rush to see her boyfriend. Andie genuinely smiles at her in a friendly manner, which Rosie returns before she looks up at Damon, only to find him concealing his awkwardness with a tightly small smile for his best friend standing right in front of them.

"Good morning, Rosie." Damon simply greeted her.

"Morning." Rosie looks back at the woman curiously, "Leaving already?" Of course she would, being that the young woman is the new local newscaster.

"Yeah. The Historical Society is for some visiting writer. He's writing a book on small-town Virginia. It's a big snooze." Andie informed them, smiling.

"Writer? What's his name?" Rosie asked, genuinely curious and interested, even though she seems to know the answer to her own question already.

"Uh, Elijah Smith."

Damon furrows his eyebrows judgmentally, "Smith. He's using Smith?" How very unoriginal of him to transition from an upper class name to a middle.

"Looks like it." Rosie shrugs it off with a clear look that says 'don't judge'.

Andie looks at herself, yet again, in a different mirror at the foyer. Damon places the light green scarf around her neck and ties it while Rosie watches them, as if rather puzzled of her best friend's much more friendly behavior towards his new girlfriend-- or perhaps his own personal blood bag once again. Although neither of the pair seem to notice this clear look from her.

"Okay. You have your story straight in your mind, right?" Under compulsion.

"I can't say that you bit me or drank my blood, just that we hit it off and I really like you. You are terrific, though. You're sweet, funny, you're honest."

A scoff of pure disbelief escapes Rosie, who looks away from this display considering those are the traits which Damon only desires to be described with, before she walks in right past them to head down into the parlor.

Damon smiles, however, and places both of his big warm hands on either side of her head, and compels her once again, "And you're falling hard."

"You might be the one." Andie finished it with the constantly friendly smile.

"Perfect." Damon widens the open front door for her. Alaric, who has just showed up, stands on the doorstep awkwardly, "Have a great day, honey."

He leans in to kiss her quickly, though intimately; they pull apart and Andie walks out the front door, acknowledging the man, "Oh. Hey, Alaric. Later."

She gets in her parked black Mazda on the driveway, switches on the engine and drives away as her brand new boyfriend waves goodbye to her, smiling. Alaric moves to stand in front of Damon and sees Rosie inside from his spot, both silently judging him of what just happened; girlfriend? No. Blood bag? Yes. He should have known that Damon would make a move on her quickly.

"My new girlfriend. Andie Star, action news." Damon labeled, smiling.

"It's not called action news, for the tenth time." Rosie reminded him.

His smile only grows to annoy her, "I know. I just like saying it. Come on."

Alaric steps inside. Damon shuts the front door behind him and leads Alaric into the spacious parlor room, joining Rosie, who takes her seat down.

"So, John Gilbert gave her, or me, this to kill Elijah." Damon unrolls the silver dagger from its protective cloth, "Said you have to dip the dagger in the remains of an old white ash tree that dates back to the Originals, if there's any truth in that. Right, Rosie?" He looks at her for confirmation. Even though he made a deal with Elena, he remains as a skeptical ally.

"It is true." Rosie confirmed assertively, well certain about the truth; the Originals dates back to over one thousand years ago during the mid ages. John Gilbert only gave it to them in order to protect his precious daughter from falling into the hands of an Original who will sacrifice her for himself.

"Yeah, I don't trust him." Alaric is handed the silver dagger from his vampire friend and he takes it, "So you think it's a setup? Since it's from John?" Yes.

"It could be. Guy's a weasel. Wouldn't put anything past him." Damon turns around and heads to the bar, "What are you up to today, Mister Saltzman?" He's expecting him to attend the local Historical Society's High Tea as well, therefore he can formally meet and speak to Elijah 'Smith' in the public eye.

Rosie shakes her head a little, frowning, "Shouldn't you be grading papers?"

Alaric slowly walks over to his AP History student, "Well, Jenna and I were supposed to go out at a secluded place somewhere for a date, but somehow, we both got roped into doing this Historical Society thing at the Lockwoods." A tired sigh leaves him that he's certainly not looking forward to it because he knows that his presence is required since he's with history.

"Hmm. Where Elijah's the guest of honor." Rosie continued as a reminder, her noble ex-lover being a respective historian under the name of Smith.

Now he really isn't looking forward to this formal event any time soon. "Tell me you're not going to kill him at the tea party." Alaric shakes his head. He really doesn't want to enact violence, as an aid for his friend, out in public.

Rosie stands up once again, "No, killing people is not exactly on me." Especially considering she's going to spend the entire day with her lover.

"Yep. That would be stupid." Damon earns a skeptical look from the hunter, "I want to know his endgame before I kill him, but I do think it's time Elijah and I officially met." He annoyingly taps the other man with the dagger.

Alaric and Rosie look on at him, clearly not amused by his clear mischiefs.

****

Rosie and Stefan are standing in the main foyer of the manor with their bags packed, prepared to go out for their time alone together as a romantic date once both Damon and Alaric have already went out earlier for the event.

"Ready for our romantic weekend?" Stefan mentioned, smiling cutely.

"Beyond ready, of course. Let's go before Damon shows back up here and annoys the hell out of us." Rosie mischievously reminded him, smiling too.

"Mmm. I'll go put these in the car." Stefan opens the front door and starts to walk out, but stops when he hears his girlfriend's cell phone start to vibrate.

Rosie takes out her phone, seeing that she has received a seemingly urgent, concerning text message from Elena, reading 'Need to talk. Where are you?' Rosie sends a text back to her saying, 'Headed to lakehouse w Stefan. U okay?' With a deeply concerned frown, she impatiently waits for a response.

"Uh, please tell me there's nothing wrong." Stefan mentioned hopefully. He really doesn't want any interruption for the day just for him and his lover. He really wants her all to himself today without any of their friends in the way.

Rosie looks up at Stefan, though before she has time to comment, Elena sends her another text saying 'All good, never mind. Have fun.' Rosie looks truly relieved, smiling adorably, and sends a text back saying 'Xoxo.'

"Nothing's wrong. Just Elena." Rosie is smiling up at her truly relieved boyfriend, "Come on. Let's go." She walks out the front door before him.

Stefan shuts the main door behind them, locking it, and trails after her.

****

Lockwood Residence, The Historical Society's Tea Party

Cassandra Devon and Elijah Smith are speaking civilly to each other as they sip their hot, steaming tea from their own respectively served cups, earlier; a locally Advanced Placement Chemistry and Biology high school teacher engaging in a civil conversation about his book with a respective historian.

"Have you spent much time in Richmond for your book? There's such a wealth of history there." Cassie recalled before she sips on her tea again.

"No, I'm focusing mostly on the smaller regions of Virginia. Lots of research. Strictly academic." Elijah proclaimed, his British accent sounding sharp.

The young woman nods a little in understanding, "That's fascinating."

Damon walks in through the wide open front door to join the event when Jenna Sommers intercepts his way, "Hey Damon, what are you doing here?" She didn't know that he's, in any way, interested in formal events like this.

Suddenly, Andie walks up to Damon and Jenna, a notepad in hand; he looks over at his brand new girlfriend and smiles as she greeted, "Hi. You came."

"Hi." Damon pecks his lover on the lips; Jenna looks at the two, surprised, "Can you thank Cassie for introducing us, Jenna? Much appreciated."

Damon walks out of the room, into another room inside. Andie smiles at Jenna and stands next to her as they are watching Damon walk away. He walks up to Cassie and Elijah, as if impolitely interrupting their civil talk.

The teacher looks up at the younger man in genuine surprise, "Damon."

The icy blue-eyed, handsome young man tightly smiles at her, "Cassie."

She chuckles heartily, "What a surprise. I wasn't really expecting you." Especially not at a formal event like this, thinking just like her friend Jenna.

"Hi." Damon and Cassie quickly exchanged kisses on the cheek.

"Hi. Elijah, I want you to meet Damon Salvatore. His family is one of the Mystic Falls' founding families." Cassandra formally introduced him.

"Mmhm." Damon looks at the Original, "Such a pleasure to meet you."

"No. Pleasure's mine." Elijah politely shakes hands with him, smiling.

****

Devon Lake House, Dunham Lake

Rosie is standing outside at the back, on the dock, with a giant warm plaid blanket wrapped around herself despite wearing clothes, gazing at the view of the lake. Stefan walks up to her from behind, "Having another moment?" He really did enjoy their long make-out session earlier once they came in. Although he now knows that she remains to be deep in her busy thoughts.

A long moment of serenity, yes, hopefully.

Stefan wraps his arms around his love and kisses her on the cheek. Rosie smiles adorably and places both of her hands on his arms as she reminisces.

"You know, Cassie told me that Minerva's cousin, Isaac, broke his arm diving off this dock when he was six. How her dad taught her how to fish right off the edge over there. So many memories. You can never forget memories like that even when the people aren't here anymore...but I did. I want to know, I want to remember about us, I want to remember what it was like. Do you ever think about us, what our future will be like, our memories?"

He always does. Despite her memory loss, at least they can make new ones. He imagines their sweet memories of having a family one day, imperfect but enough, despite being ageless and immortal, unable to procreate children. Despite how unrealistic it sounds, he actually sees a whole future with her; Rosie and Stefan. Stefan and Rosie. He wants to marry her someday. To put a brand new diamond ring on her finger as a token of his mad love for her. The past remains in the past, gone and buried. What does it matter now?

"I think there are a lot of conversations to be had about our future, about the kind of life we could have together." Stefan expressed out of pure love.

A scoff escapes her, "Now there's a box that we shouldn't open." Reality.

"Oh, we can open it. Whenever you're ready." Stefan encouraged her.

"No. I'd rather just be here...Now." Rosie strokes his arm with her thumb.

"You know, this is a future memory. It's where your boyfriend whispered to you that he loved you." Stefan then whispers in her left ear, "I love you."

Rosie smiles as her boyfriend kisses her on the cheek. She grabs onto Stefan's strong arms, making their embrace tighter, "I love you too."

****

Stefan is preparing dinner in the kitchen, behind the island, now that night time has fallen. He looks over at Rosie, who is watching him from the couch with an adorable smile, a fragile glass of expensive red wine in her hand. She can truly imagine their future now, in which she will remain in this spot as she closely watches her boyfriend-- perhaps husband cook for the family. How she wants that to be a sweet reality one day in this long miserable life.

A cute giggle escapes her at a memory, "Cassie did all the cooking too."

"And her husband?" Stefan asked hesitantly since the couple divorced.

Rosie smiles, "Said he sat right here and watched. He couldn't cook either. But you know what they say about men who could-- they're a keeper."

Stefan's pale cheeks turn slightly rosy pink at this compliment, smiling, and continues chopping up an onion on the wide, long kitchen island. Rosie turns around and looks at the lit, cracking fireplace, "Huh. The fire's dying."

"Oh, yeah. I'll go get more wood." He stops chopping and walks towards her.

She hurries up after she sets her glass down, "Oh, no you're not. I got it."

"No, no. It's cold outside." Stefan pointed out as a reminder of the breeze.

Rosie walks over to him, placing both of her smaller hands on his chest, "It's not like I don't own a jacket." Another cute giggle leaves her mouth.

She turns around and walks off into Minerva's parents' old bedroom, Tristan and Cassandra Devon. Once she comes in, a big glass picture frame of the married pair, after their vibrant wedding ceremony less than twenty years ago, is staring straight at her and anyone who comes in, from hanging on the wenge wooden wall. She looks away to curiously look over at the vanity table, in which she picks up a small pink bottle of perfume named French Lavender Honey, uncorks it, and smells it. Stefan comes into the room after her, genuinely curious of the contents of the old bedroom. Rosie twists the cork back into place and places the small perfume bottle back on the vanity.

"Cassie's perfume." Rosie turns around and walks over to the private closet, "She was supposed to pack all this up, but...she kept putting it off. Procrastinating." She switches the light on in the old closet and searches inside for the thick jacket, "I don't blame her though. I like it here."

She looks at the closet door and takes one of the thick sweaters off its hook. She turns back to her boyfriend with a cute smile, "Here." Rosie tosses the sweater at Stefan, who catches it perfectly, "Bundle up, sweetheart."

Stefan, with a cute grateful smile in return, starts to put the thick jacket on as she watches him, her arms folded, "It was Minerva's great-granddad's." He pops up the collar and his girlfriend admires him in it as she steps forward towards him, "Wow. You really are a keeper. You look very hot in it. He cooks good and he looks good, what can't you do?" She teased him.

A chuckle escapes him, "I look hot in her dead great-granddad's jacket?"

"Beyond hot." Rosie smiles. Stefan walks over to her and kisses her, unexpectedly; she kisses him back, awkwardly. Stefan and Rosie start to walk back into the closet and continue to kiss, intimately than the last. He pushes her into the back wall of the closet; Rosie pulls away for a moment, giggling, "Not exactly the comfy spot to do this right now, you know."

Stefan just smiles persistently for a second, then kisses Rosie again, who smiles and finally gives in, wrapping her arms around his neck and Stefan continues holding her face with one hand and slides the other up her arm and they both start to kiss. Stefan hears a hollow thud when Rosie's back taps the wall. Stefan breaks their makeout session and looks up at the wall.

"What?" Rosie asked as she studies her boyfriend's handsome features.

Stefan raps his knuckles on the wall. Rosie turns her head and watches him, "Huh."

Rosie looks back at him, genuinely clueless, "What? What is it?"

A serious frown shows up on his chiseled face, "This is hollow inside."

Rosie moves out of the way in order for Stefan to break off one of the panels and removes the rest with ease. A hidden small door lies behind the wall.

"Huh? What is it?" Rosie asked, genuinely curious on what's inside.

"It's a really good hiding place." Stefan breaks the lock off the door and opens it. He flips the light on and they see an arsenal of weaponry for hunting vampires within the hidden closet; with many stakes and weapons.

A genuinely surprised gasp escapes Rosie at this revelation, "Oh, my God." She takes out an old though familiar journal from a bookcase; Stefan, leaning against the doorframe, closely watches her, "What the--? These must be the other Jonathan Gilbert journals. Jeremy had the one, but John said that there were others." Rosie is flipping through the pages, genuinely curious, "His whole life's in here. But..." She looks around the hidden room in awe and pure confusion, "Why are they hidden with the Devon family?"

Neither Jeremy or even Elena Gilbert even know about this hidden place.

"They must be passed down to the Kartwrights, your family. Anyway, I'll go get the firewood. I'll let you have a moment." Stefan told her the quick plan.

Rosie crouches down on the floor and grabs a handful of wooden bullets. Stefan walks out of the hidden room as Rosie continues to skeptically examine the dangerous weaponry, for hunting vampires, with curiosity.

****

Stefan dumps an armful of woods onto the front porch and walks back over to the garage. He opens the door, flips on the light, and walks in to get more firewood. Before he picks any firewood up, Stefan freezes. He stands back up and turns around. A werewolf, Brady, is behind him, with a gun pointing straight at Stefan. Brady shoots Stefan in the chest with a wooden bullet. Stefan falls to the floor and groans in agony. Tyler comes in behind Brady.

"Keep him down. If he moves..." Brady hands the gun and a stake to Tyler, who takes them out of great fear, "...Kill him." He walks out of the garage.

Stefan continues to groan and writhe in pure agony on the floor of the garage while Tyler points the gun, in his two hands, at him, "Don't move!"

"Just let me get the bullet out. It punctured my heart. I need to get it out. I'm not going to fight you."

Tyler moves around Stefan, keeping the gun pointed at him. Tyler looks at the wide open door and looks back at Stefan, anxious, "I don't think so."

Stefan continues to groan in pain, "Tyler, why are you doing this?"

"I can't let you break the curse." Tyler shakes his head. The ancient curse.

The vampire furrows his thick eyebrows, "You know about the curse?"

"You're liars, all of you." Tyler accused in a hiss out of pure resentment.

"No. I swear to you. We don't want to break the curse, Tyler. We don't want to do that." Stefan assured him as he weakly shakes his head.

"Oh, yeah? But I do." Tyler shoots him in the right leg; Stefan yells loudly in pain, "I can't be like this forever. You don't know what it feels like."

"Tyler, I'm just trying to save Elena." From the sacrifice in the ritual.

"Elena will be fine!"

Stefan looks up at him, "They didn't tell you that part, did they? Who are the liars now?"

"Tell me what?"

"In order to break the curse, Elena has to die." Stefan revealed to him.

Tyler looks uneasy and begins to lower the gun. Rosie, as if in a trance, walks out into the living room, rubbing her arms due to the cold. She looks out the open front door for Stefan, starting to get concerned about him.

Rosie shouted sarcastically, "Are you growing the trees out there?"

Stefan doesn't respond. Rosie glances around her, nervously, and begins to inch closer to the wide open front door, hesitant, "Stefan? Stefan?"

She continues to look out the front door. Brady hides from view against the wall next to the front door. Quietly, Rosie picks up a knife from the countertop and slowly walks to the open front door and out on the porch.

"Stefan, what are you doing out there?"

Suddenly, Brady comes up from behind her. Rosie gasps in shock, turns around, and stabs him in the stomach with the knife. Brady falls on his knees as Rosie vamp-speeds back into the house, shutting and locking the front door behind her. Brady painfully removes the knife from his stomach.

Rosie vamp-speeds up the staircase as quick as she can. Brady kicks open the front door with ease. Rosie rushes across the landing and into a room. Brady storms into the lake house and shuts his eyes, "I can smell you."

Rosie, in a frenzy, takes off her sweater and places it on the big bed. She quietly exits and enters the room across the hallway, shutting the door softly behind her, and covering her mouth so Brady can't hear her breathing. Brady walks up the stairs, the knife clutched in his hand, he comes into a room and sees the sweater lying on the bed. He picks it up and sniffs it.

The hybrid quietly opens the door from the other room and sneaks down the stairs. When she gets to the bottom, she looks back up, places her hands on the front door and slams it shut, trying to trick Brady into thinking she went outside. Brady hears the loud noise and turns his head. Rosie vamp-speeds into the parents' bedroom. Brady speed-walks down the stairs and glares around the room. He storms into Minerva's parents' room and searches for her, eventually opening up the door to the small hidden room.

Suddenly, Rosie comes up from behind him and stabs him in the shoulder with a wooden stake. Brady falls to the floor, again, and writhes in agony. Rosie grabs the bloody knife and vamp-speeds out of the room. Brady removes the stake from his back and stands up. Rosie runs out the front door with Brady close behind her. As Brady makes it out the front door, Stefan intercepts and plunges his hand into Brady's chest. Rosie looks back in pure shock when Stefan rips his heart out and tosses it to the ground.

Rosie drops the knife and rushes towards Stefan into a warm embrace, "It's okay. It's okay now. You're okay. You're okay. You're alright. It's okay."

Tyler walks around the corner of the lake house; Rosie looks up from Stefan's shoulder and sees her ex-boyfriend, frowning, "Tyler? Is that you?"

"I didn't know what they were going to do to Elena. I didn't. I just...I don't want to be like this anymore." Tyler shakes his head, truly puzzled by this.

Rosie pulls away from Stefan and walks over to Tyler. They stare at each other for a moment, as if awkwardly, and Rosie eventually embraces him. Tyler wraps his muscular arms around her and resists the urge to cry.

"I'm sorry, Minerva."

Rosie, who seems put off by being called that, pats his back, "It's okay."

They continue to embrace in a hug as Stefan watches with a sigh of relief.

****

Devon Lake House/Salvatore Boarding House

Stefan and Damon are on the phone with each other, in which the latter remains at the Boarding house, sitting on the edge of his massive king-sized bed in his spacious bedroom upstairs right after he was rescued by Elijah earlier when he was mercilessly tortured by Jules' pack of werewolves once he got back home from the Historical Society's High Tea, with Alaric, who was only stabbed, through the stomach, to his unfortunate demise. Fortunately, he remains constantly wearing the resurrection ring Isobel gave him. Stefan is now in the family room of the lake house, staring out the big glass window, trying to keep himself warm by the lit fireplace after what happened earlier; he would have been devastated if anything horrible happened to Rosie-- even with only one werewolf bite, he was terrified of it.

"It was straight from the witch's mouth. He was going to go through with the whole sacrifice. You should probably just keep her away with you." It seems that Rosie will be much safer with Stefan rather than anyone else.

"Be careful. Protect Elena, and try not to get yourself killed." Stefan advised, meaning each and every word for the love of his brother's safety and life.

"Yeah. It's been a day for that." Damon looks out through the open door of his bedroom as he feels very grateful on how much Rosie cares about him, judging by the phone call he received earlier from her right after Elijah left. He mentally repeats what she said to him over the phone; I'd be devastated if you die. Her lovely voice never really fails to put a smile on his face.

Stefan hangs up as Rosie slowly walks into the room to join him, after eavesdropping on the brothers' conversation. Stefan turns around when he senses her presence and looks at her with a deeply concerned expression, "That was, um...that was Damon. We need to talk. It's about Elena."

Rosie shakes her head a little, folding her arms now, "What is it?"

"He learned that Elijah's planning for her to die in the sacrifice ritual." After all. Therefore, he was right all along that neither of them can ever trust him. The Original was going to let the doppelgänger die in the ritual after all.

She nods a little, as if she doesn't know how to react to this information, before she looks down and breathes out a tired sigh. She walks closer to her concerned boyfriend, "I spoke to her over the phone earlier. She knows the deal that she made, Stefan. Elijah's very careful with his words. He keeps them. He promised to protect us. He never said a word about her." She knows that Elena is going to die eventually, after all, though she ignores it. Because what other choice does she have but to simply live her life happily? Otherwise, they will die in the hands of Klaus instead if they crossed him.

"You mean, she knew that she wasn't going to survive this?" Stefan concluded the pathetic reality that Elena would just rather die to save them.

Rosie reluctantly nods, "She said that if it comes down to the people that she loves getting killed or her, she knows what her choice is going to be." It's very typical, protective Elena putting her loved ones' lives before her own.

"Rosie, how...how could you stand out there earlier with me, talking about making plans for our future, when you know exactly what your best friend is going through, that she doesn't even expect to have a future?" He argued.

"I'm sorry, Stefan. She's just trying to keep the people that she loves safe. She's trying to keep you safe, and I don't want to think about it."

"No. What she's doing is she's being a martyr, and you're a terrible friend." Stefan labeled, looking at the big picture, as he shakes his head a little.

"Oh yeah? Then how is that any different from when you say that you would die to keep her safe? You're a hypocrite and a horrible boyfriend."

"No, it's because I've already lived. A hundred and sixty-two years, I have lived, and she's barely begun, and now you want to let her get killed? That's not heroic. It's tragic." Stefan gives his offended girlfriend an indignant look.

"So I guess this slumber party is for nothing then." Rosie scoffed.

Stefan shakes his head once again in denial, guilty now, "I didn't say that."

"No, it's what you're trying to say. You're defending my martyr of a best friend and you're ashamed of me, just because I'm trying to have a good time with you because I love you. You don't love me as much as you say you do." Rosie shakes her head as hot tears are forming in her big hazel eyes.

"I do. Otherwise, I wouldn't be here with you." Stefan reminded her guiltily.

"No, don't do that. You're not in love with me. So until you learn how to be honest with yourself first, why don't you just stay away from me?" Rosie, feeling heart broken and offended, walks past him and out of the room.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

13.5K 312 33
ᴸᵃᶜʸ ᵒʰ ᴸᵃᶜʸ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵒᵘᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵍᵉᵗ ᵐᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵖᵒⁱˢᵒⁿ ᵉᵛᵉʳʸ ˡⁱᵗᵗˡᵉ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᴵ ᵈᵒ ᴸᵃᶜʸ ᵒʰ ᴸᵃᶜʸ ᴵ ʲᵘˢᵗ ˡᵒᵃᵗʰᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ˡᵃᵗᵉˡʸ In a world where Mystic Fal...
94.9K 1.8K 51
| This is a Vampire Diaries fan fiction series. If you have not seen The Vampire Diaries, I strongly suggest you watch this show seeing as it has end...
1K 35 10
Bonnie, Tyler, and their friends had grown up together, since the days they were born. Living normal teenage lives, or so they thought. Trying their...
312K 6.9K 68
Lily and her twin Elena are still trying to get over the death of their parents when two mysterious boys come into their town, Mystic Falls. The seem...