Write My Wrongs āœ“

By amaraxwrites

[complete] #1 "I'm a goner for you smile, mi perla," He said before dipping his head to capture my lips with... More

Write My Wrongs
00 | Breaking and Entering
01 | Cold Hickory Eyes
02 | Eye Contact
03 | A Whole World Apart
04 | Not Ready
05 | A Moment Too Long
06 | Be Careful
07 | Couldn't Help Myself
08 | Could've Been Worse
09 | Panic
10 | Troubled Souls
11 | Too Busy Flirting
12 | Feels Like Home
13 | Should Have Stayed Away
14 | A Single Touch
14.5 | The Night on the Beach
15 | A Weekend Away
16 | Needy
17 | Almost
18 | Wake Up Call
19 | Impending Crush
20 | The Comfort
21 | Pearls
22 | Since You've Been Gone
23 | Wrong Timing
24 | Not a Date
25 | Here To Stay
27 | Soul Tie
28 | Enchanting To Meet You
29 | Close Enough
30 | It's Bittersweet
31 | You're Worth It
32 | My Comfort
33 | Goner For Your Smile
34 | Hello, Old Friend
35 | Homesick
36 | Bucky
37 | Roses and Baby's-breath
38 | The Calm
39 | The Storm
40 | A Lie
41 | The End of Us
42 | I Miss You
43 | You Are My Happiness
44 | In My Arms Again
45 | Closure
46 | End of a Chapter
47 | Bleed Myself Dry
48 | Through the Heart
49 | Unsaid Words
50 | Epilogue
The Written Love Series
Fool Me Once

26 | Don't Break Hearts

865 29 13
By amaraxwrites

P E A R L

"Hold the fuck up," Levi complained from behind us.

"We're holding the fuck up," River almost shouted back at him as they both picked up their pace through the airport.

"No, you're running the fuck away,"

"No jures!" My mother slapped both their heads, warning them to not swear again.

Nevaeh walked sulkily among us, trying to hold back a frown.

"Relax, we're Hispanic," She remarked. "We arrived at the airport three hours before the flight."

"Eh, and you need time to go to the security and get food and do the luggage," My mother waved her off, and Nevaeh gave her a tight-lipped smile.

My father walked alone in front of us. He looked so tiny around the rushed people walking with briefcases so early in the morning. It was only seven, and I could already feel the exhaust of a long day ahead.

"Okay, wait, stop," Levi wheezed.

Nevaeh stopped, so did I, but Enzo and Ma kept walking.

"Ma,"

Eventually, she turned around and saw that one of her twins was out of breath, leaning down to catch a breath.

"Perezoso," She smiled a little and pulled Enzo by the back of his shirt to stop him from walking any further. "What?"

"How 'bout we say our goodbye's here, and then you let us do our thing?" Levi set his luggage beside him.

My mother shook her head, muttering curses under her breath.

"Okay, fine, wait," Levi held a hand up to re-word his question. "How about we say bye to Pearl and Nev, and you and dad can stay back a little longer, huh?"

He smiled so eagerly, my mother couldn't say no to the golden child.

"Sí," She sighed and dragged Enzo's shirt back until she was closer.

"How am I going to be on a plane for eighteen hours with him?" Enzo whispered to Ma, and she flicked his shoulder.

"Yes, okay, sí, that's good," Levi gave her a thumbs-up, and Enzo rolled his eyes.

"I don't know what she sees in you," Nevaeh looked Levi up and down, referring to what my mother saw in her 'favourite' child.

"Oh, come on, don't be like that," Levi grabbed Nevaeh's face and squished her cheeks. "My little, stubborn, shit of a sister."

He brought her to his chest and held her tight in his arms.

Enzo waited his turn and embraced Nevaeh in a hug. Her shoulders rose and sunk, and I knew she was trying to hold back her tears.

"Your turn, hermanita," Levi gave me a menacing look and motioned for me to go to him.

I did so cautiously, preparing to be attacked.

I wasn't. He grabbed my arm and pulled me to him, wrapping his arms around my head. I warily snaked my arms around his waist and held him.

"You know, I think I'm actually gonna miss you," He snuggled his face into my head. "Only a little bit."

"Liar," My voice was muffled against his chest.

He chuckled, but I knew he really would miss me. I'd miss him, too.

"Okay, affection time is over for you," He removed his hold on me. "Next caller!"

I made my way to Enzo, who swayed Nevaeh slowly in his arms. His eyes found mine, and he gestured for me to join.

His arm went over Nevaeh and reached for me, tucking me into his side as he rested his arms around my shoulder.

"After this, we are never holding each other again," Nevaeh murmured with her eyes closed, basking in the last scent of our brother we would get in a while.

"Agreed," He grumbled, dipping his head down to rest his cheek on her head.

"Disgustung!" Levi whisper-shouted in our direction before toppling himself over us.

His arms wrapped around as much of us as he could.

"Don't worry, children," He told us sternly. "If I remember, I'll bring back a koala for you each."

He paused.

"Koala shit, in a package for each of you," He confirmed.

"Nice," Nevaeh spoke sarcastically and shook his hand off her back.

"Vamanos, vamanos," Ma's voice yipped from beside us, and we all moved away from each other.

Levi shuddered.

"Affection scares me," He commented before walking back to his luggage and prepping it to be rolled beside him.

"Everything scares you, dipshit," Enzo corrected and gave Nev and me a kiss to the head. "Both of you, stay safe."

"You too," Nev replied. "And make sure he doesn't drown. Australia is surrounded by water. Who knows what the idiot will get himself into?"

Enzo cackled, and we looked at Levi, who blinked blankly at us.

"Thank you for such faith you have in me," He placed a hand to his chest, offering a bland smile.

"Always," She answered back with the same blandness.

"Vamanos," Ma repeated impatiently this time and dragged Levi by the arm. He scoffed, following her anyway.

"Adios, idiotas," He waved once before staggering off.

"Don't forget to call us," Enzo told me, pointed a finger up.

"We won't," I paused. "Forget to call you, I mean."

"Funny," He rolled his eyes. "But seriously, if anything's wrong, you let us know."

A pang of dread filled my chest. I couldn't tell them about Riot. I still had Elijah.

"Okay," I simply responded, feeling a little colder.

"And tell Elijah to call every once in a while, too. He's always too busy for us," Enzo tightened his hold on the strap of his backpack around his shoulder.

"Go before Ma yells at us as well as you," Nev grabbed his shoulders and attempted to turn him around.

"See you later," He waved his hand in the air and followed the direction the other two went in.

Nevaeh sighed heavily beside me.

"It's gonna be so quiet and boring now," She muttered.

I doubted it. Now, with them both gone, I was worried I'd have less backup. Less protection against what Riot wanted from me.

My answer was leaning toward agreeing with what he needed, but as I watched two of my siblings walk away, every concern clashes in my head.

⭐︎

It was as if thinking about him the entire ride home had summoned him.

Riot was in my room again, standing in the corner, watching as I closed the door behind me.

"Did I catch you at an inconvenient time?" His burly frame made my room look smaller.

I ignored him, walking to my dresser to place my things there.

"Have you decided?" Riot cut straight to the point, watching me with steady eyes as I looked back at him.

He looked the same. The only difference was the dark bruise swelling the skin under his jaw.

"Depends," I said in a hushed voice. "What do I have to do?"

"Not much," He clasped his wrist and steadied his stance. "Just trigger her."

"Just trigger a crime lord," I crossed my arms over my chest and crinkled my nose in disgust.

"Trust me, it's not that difficult for you to do. She despises you for reason no other than jealousy. She saw that she couldn't have me and thought it was because of you," His eyes scanned my face. "Zandra thought you were mine. She must still think so because she's back in town,"

I parted my lips.

"Wait," I chuckled humourlessly. "That was almost a year ago, and you and I never had anything," My hand flickered from his direction to mine.

"I beg to differ," He tensed his jaw and eyed me intently.

"The most we had was friendship. That's all we had, and then-" I cut myself off, not wanting to recall the memories of how I got the scar on my shoulder.

"She shot you, and I had to leave because people were after her. I had to go after her," Riot took a step forward and saw how stiff I got, then stopped in his spot. "You shouldn't know of the things she did, of the people that are still after her. I'm not going to compromise your safety more than it already is."

"Yet you want me to be the bait," I murmured.

"You'll be safe, Pearl."

I had never heard him speak my name so softly before. I almost believed him.

"If I agree to help, my family and friends will be left out of this, right?" I raised my eyebrows in question.

"No one is to know," He shook his head, and I watched at the dark strands of his hair curled up behind his ear.

I nodded, silently agreeing.

"Not even that boy," For a moment, I figured he was talking about Gabriel. But then he spoke again. "Zion. He cannot know."

My eyes searched his grey ones discreetly.

"What do I have to do?" I asked him before agreeing.

If I was going to be put in danger, someone had to know. Maybe not Zion, but anyone else.

"As I said, not much," His boot almost thudded on the floor as he took a step back. "The FBI doesn't know about this," He gestured between us.

"So, this isn't even legal?"

"Neither was your underage drinking last year, but hey, it's not like I'm going to tell," A smirk was plastered on his lips, creating a crease where a slim dimple formed on his cheek.

I hated that I wanted to smile.

"I'll text your phone soon and let you know what's going to happen," His slender fingers reached my window, clasping onto the opening.

"I-" I cleared my throat, feeling awkward for having to say, "I blocked your number."

"I know," His smirk turned into a grin. "But I still have yours."

Then he was gone like the first time he was in my room, slipping through the open window and shutting it behind him.

I released a breath, letting my shoulders drop from the tension his presence created.

"No one is to know. Not even that boy. Zion. He cannot know."

Riot's words fumbled in my brain, replaying over and over.

I didn't know what to make of the situation, but I knew that if I wasn't going to get out of it soon, it would cause problems I wasn't ready to re-hatch.

⭐︎

Edvany picked me up from my house and drove us to River's house. He lived on the border of town, in what was considered the 'rich' neighbourhood.

He never bragged about it. Sure, he hosted a few popular parties every now and then, but he was known for a clean streak of starting and ending a party with nothing being broken. He respected that it was his parents' home.

"Who do you think he wants us to meet?" Edvany stared at the colossal home.

The two-storey house was held up by two marble pillars at the front porch. Like Nicandro's house, the front of the property was lit up with dim white lights.

"No idea," I lied and walked through the front gates as they opened for us.

"Welcome, ladies," Nicandro's voice purred from the telecom attached to the fence.

"Stalker," Edvany spoke directly into the speaker as she walked past it.

"Very much am not," He must've stepped closer on the other line because his voice was louder.

I chuckled and pulled Edvany away. River opened the white wooden door once we reached the porch.

"Nice to see you," He nodded at Edvany and moved to the side so that she could go through.

River's dark eyes landed on me and held a hand up, gesturing for me to wait.

I waited until Edvany was further in the foyer to step inside the house. River closed the door behind him and turned to me.

"Remember the 'dangerous someone' you mentioned at the hospital," He adjusted the bottom of his black t-shirt as he spoke to me.

How could I forget? I wanted to say but nodded instead.

"Zion knows doesn't he?" River's tone didn't sound accusing at all, rather curious.

"Yes," I tucked the sleeves of my white shirt into my hands and shifted nervously. "Only a little."

River lowered his eyebrows and glanced at the polished floor beneath him.

"It made you feel relieved, right? To tell someone about it?" He asked softly.

"Yeah, it did," I responded, grasping an idea of where this conversation was headed. "Zion, Nicandro and Gabriel are good guys from what I've seen in the past few weeks I've hung out with you. They've got your back. You shouldn't be worried about what bad things they'll think of you. I bet no bad thought will even cross their mind."

River's gaze lifted back to meet mine as he nodded, registering my words.

"Hiding something like this from them just doesn't feel right," He clenched his jaw, and I could see the stress that lingered in his mind. "They deserve to know I have a daughter."

A loud gasp made us snap our heads to the person standing on the other end of the foyer.

"Stop that right now," Nicandro staggered toward us, speaking in a low voice. "That was a joke, right?" A smile plastered on his lips. "Huh? Funny."

River stared at him with slightly wide eyes, not daring to utter another word.

I cleared my throat and threw an arm around Nicandro's shoulder, although he was 6'2, and it was an effort to engulf him completely.

"So, where's everyone else?" I turned us away from River and walked through the house.

"Gabby isn't arriving 'til later," Nicandro hovered closer to me, allowing my arm to secure him beside me. "Teagan is already here, obviously," He smirked. "And Zion-"

"Right here," Zion sat on a beige couch in the living room, leaning back against the cushion with his tall legs splayed in front of him.

Edvany and Teagan sat beside each other on an L-shaped couch, speaking excitedly about something. Once they saw me, they gestured for me to join them.

I made a move to remove my arm from Nicandro's shoulder, but he caught the hand that rested near his collarbone.

"I thought you should know," He cleared his throat and leaned closer to the side of my face. "That my buddy over there has been fawning over you for a while, in case it wasn't obvious by now, and, as his best friend, it's my duty to say that you cannot break his heart."

I went awkwardly still.

Then he cackled. "I'm kidding. You're too good to people. You don't break hearts, Pearl. I think you're mending his." Nicandro pointed to Zion, who eyed us suspiciously as he got up from his seat.

I cleared my throat, feeling a sudden wave of nerves wash over me.

"Mhm," I replied, trying to smile. I bet it even looked forced.

"Great," He exclaimed and moved away from me, allowing me to return my arms to my sides. "Now I'm going to harass River with questions of this 'daughter' he mentioned."

I couldn't even chase after him and tell him not to do that because Zion replaced his spot in front of me.

He wore a white t-shirt that exposed the dark ink on his tan skin, making them more noticeable. His black pants coordinated with his black shoes, and as he walked closer, the tips of our feet were almost touching.

"You doing good today?" He asked when I looked up at his face.

His eyes appeared so gentle peering over mine, and it was impossible to not notice how he was anticipating a good answer. The way his eyebrows were slightly furrowed waiting for a response shouldn't have made my heart race faster, but it did, and it made me want to curl into a ball and cry.

It wasn't the time to let my feelings take over. Not while I had to keep him in the dark about Riot.

"Yeah, just a little tired," I felt the weight of my exhaust on my eyelids.

"If you want to take a nap, I'm sure River wouldn't mind you taking a guest room," He gestured to the hallway further down the room.

"I think I'll manage for now," I nodded, to reassure myself, too.

Zion's eyes analysed me.

"Really. If I get exhausted I'll get Edvany to drive me back home," Before I could stop myself, I held my hand up to Zion's upper arm. "Thank you, though."

His Adam's apple bobbed as his jaw ticked. My breath hitched at the warmth beneath my hand, and I removed it, feeling as if I shouldn't have touched him.

On the other hand, it made me feel less worried that he was as nervous around me as I was around him.

"So," He cleared his throat, "What was Nico talking to you about?"

I couldn't hold the intense eye contact. It was like I was suffocating under his gaze.

"Uh-"

Speaking of the dud, he interrupted at the right moment.

"I need all-" Nicandro counted under his breath. "Four of your attention!"

River appeared beside him, looking overly nervous. I had never seen him so capable of feeling stressed as he did now.

"River has an announcement," Nicandro patted River's chest gently before taking a spot beside Zion. "And I'm sure it's an entertaining one."

Edvany and Teagan, though, looked excited. I assumed Teagan had told Edvany already.

In the room full of River's friends, Zion and Nicandro were the only clueless ones.

"Wait!" A woman's voice called out from the foyer, and the sound of keys caught our attention.

River's mother, the woman that accompanied River to the hospital all those weeks ago, walked into the living room with the baby clutched to her chest.

They had similar features. Her dark brown hair curled around her nape, framing her round face. Her light eyes flickered to River with a growing grin on her lips.

"Gabby's here, too," Her sweet voice announced.

Gabriel emerged from behind her, towering over River's tiny mother. His usual cheer was replaced with pure confusion as he held his keys in one hand and a baby blanket in the other.

It looked like he had just come back from football practice with half-dried hair and his NFL hoodie wrapped around his upper body.

"River, why did your mother shove a child's blanket in my hand?" He whispered as his hazel eyes darted from River to everyone else in the room.

"Come on," Nicandro straightened his stance and held two hands out, motioning his fingers toward his chest. "Give us the news. What did your sister name her child?"

River parted his lips while his mother laughed amusedly.

"Oh, darling," She walked toward Nico, cradling the baby in her arms. "This is Nia Lewis. River's child."

________________

a/n: I love babies - until they reach a certain age lmao

reminder: (it's suicide prevention day [10 Sept.] so I'd like to say) you are loved. despite what life has given to you, and despite the harshness of humanity, you are still here. you are worth fighting for. your life is worth fighting for. we're rooting for you!

anyway, have a great day/night <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.7K 323 38
[REWRITTEN] She approached him out of jealousy. He responded out of courtesy. --- Lucia and Nicolai have both established themselves in their careers...
261K 5.4K 49
"Tell me. Why won't you tell me?" He asks and I look towards him slowly, "You didn't even talk to me until yesterday! I'm trying to make it so nobody...
2.2M 54.3K 48
"I'm fine," I state rather bluntly. "You don't look fine." "Then stop looking." He chuckles, and damn does he. His voice is dessert for the ears, his...
531K 14.9K 57
'"I'll show you what to do. Get on your knees," he demands, his voice low like a growl. I can only do what he requests, nodding submissively as I fol...