lovely | ninjago x reader

By goldenflqme

'𝔦𝔰𝔫'𝔱 𝔦𝔱 𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔒𝔩𝔢?' a ninjago x reader based on ninjago masters of spinjitzu. season 1 - season... More

LOVELY
prologue.
the one who got away.
the way of the ninja. part one
the way of the ninja. part two
king of the shadows. part one
king of the shadows. part two
rise of the snakes. part one.
home. part one
update + suggestions!
home. part two
snakebit. part one
snakebit. part two
never trust a snake. part one
never trust a snake. part two
REDESIGNING!
never trust a snake. part three
can of worms. part one
the snake king. part one
the snake king. part two
tick tock. part one
once bitten, twice shy. part one
the royal blacksmiths. part one
the royal blacksmiths. part two

rise of the snakes. part two

4K 110 131
By goldenflqme

season 1, episode 1, part 2.

YOU had flown back on Kai's dragon, laughing and screaming as the dragon twirled upside down, making your grip on Kai grow even stronger. You outstretched your arms, feeling the clouds as you glided through them, making Kai chuckle from his place next to the reigns. But the small lasted happiness came to an abrupt stop when you felt a swirl of evil swim inside of your head. You felt as though something had happened, something bad. You decided not to tell the others as to not worry them and considering the fact that you had no idea wether it was just your mind playing games. 'Oh well,' you thought as you shrugged off the feeling.

"So then we all agree. The prophecy states that two of us will become the green and purple ninja, and the issue will not rest until it is decided." Jay said, walking toward the front gate. "May I suggest a tournament? Last two ninja standing are the best." Zane proposed as he trailed behind. "And will be declared the green or purple ninja! I love it!" Kai added excitedly, punching the air. "I mean yeah, but isn't that kind of unfair? Y/N over here has had at least two months worth more training than us." Jay explained, finding the odds unfair. 

"It's fine, i'll just sit out and make sure that you're all playing fair. I'm not that interested anyways." You brushed off the subject, the small feeling of evil lingering inside the pit of your stomach. "If you say so." Cole said, still mildly concerned about you. 

Jay pushed open the gates, seeing Nya trying to complete the ninja course. She was so close, by got hit by an axe last second. Jay let out a sheepish laugh, "H-hey Nya, closer to beating your brother's speed record?" he asked. "I'm getting there." she replied, rubbing the back of her head. You jogged over, before extending your hand and pulling her up. "Thanks. Heard what happened in town. Just a false alarm?" she asked.

"Yeah. Uh, but we're gonna need the space, sorry sis." Kai confirmed, wrapping a protective arm around her shoulder. Meanwhile, Cole pulled out all four helmets, throwing one at Jay that hit him on the back of the head, breaking his stare from Nya. 

You snorted beside him, trying not to laugh as he glared at you in the corner of his eye. Two matches, and then the winners of each will face off for which is green or purple." Cole said, dishing out the helmets to the four boys. "Armour's for our own protection. It's time to see what these babies can do." he finished, gesturing towards his golden weapon. "Hey Y/N, wanna stay and watch me mop the floor with them?" Kai asked eagerly. 

"Thanks, but no thanks. I think I'm gonna have some much needed girl time with Nya. That okay?" you said, turning down his offer. Nya nodded, "Sure! Maybe we could go down to Jamanakai Village? I've been needing to grab some groceries." She said as you two began to walk toward the gate.

。o○☆

KAI had a frown on his face after being turned down on an offer to watch him win. Cole laughed, punching Kai's shoulder gently. "She probably said no cuz she knew I was gonna win."

"Oh yeah? Or maybe it's because she thinks that you're gonna try to show off the whole time, like you always do!" Kai snapped back, pushing Cole away angrily. "Whoa Kai, I was just kidding, chill out man."

"Anyways, It's not my fault that you're such a love struck puppy to notice that she doesn't even like you." Cole hissed.

"Oh shut up. You're just mad that she doesn't go back with you on your dragon!"

"Well you weren't all that concerned when she pulled away from you back at Jamanakai Village! She looked really scared, but you didn't say a thing! At least I tried to talk to her!"

"BE QUIET!" Jay screamed, silencing the both of them. "You can't start arguing over a girl, from what I can tell, she only likes both of you as friends, so can we please JUST GET ON WITH THE TOURNAMENT!" He ordered, and everyone got into their positions without another word. "Alright, first up, Kai versus Jay."

。o○☆

YOU and Nya had been walking around the streets for a small while, talking about pretty much everything. "Hey um, I need to tell you something. I've been wanting to get it off my chest for a while, but I don't know how everyone's gonna react." You said worriedly. "Well whatever it is, you can tell me. I won't tell the others, I promise." She said kindly as you walked towards the fruit stall. "I had a sort of dream the other day, um, we were in the middle of saving Sensei from the underworld and I blacked out. I saw my mom and this man, holding a baby in their arms. It was me, 100%. I tried to get them to talk to me, but they wouldn't look at me, it was like I was inside of one of my memories."

"So, you had a vision? That's awesome!" she squealed. "Sort of, but there's more to the story. My mom held baby me close to the man, and I called him my dad, Nya."

"So then I started thinking, is this man my biological father? I mean, he looks so much more like me than the man I grew up with. I saw me in that man, Nya. More than anyone else. But I had another 'vision' last night. It was where me and my mom were in the kitchen, and she was searching frantically for something, to this day I still don't know what it was, but she was crying. I asked her what was wrong, and she told me that she and my dad had gotten in to an argument, and that she wanted me and her to 'go away for a while.' Then she told me to wait outside, and I did, but I heard them arguing about me being the master of darkness. My father insisted that I was just like him, that I was evil and was going to conquer all of Ninjago. Then she took me away, and we got in the car. I saw him looking at me in the window. He looked insane. He had this crooked, twisted grin on his face. He looked sick. And I'm pretty sure that's the last time I ever saw him."

"I-I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry, It must feel awful knowing that you were lied to." she apologised sweetly, running into an embrace. At first, you were hesitant, but then, you hugged back. "It's okay, I'm used to it." you replied, mumbling the last part. "It feels good to tell someone. I feel a lot better, now let's get some food, I'm ravished." you said, walking towards the fruit stall. "Me too." Nya agreed. You stopped when you felt the same uneasiness as when you were on the dragon with Kai. "Hey, you coming?" Nya said after noticing you were no longer beside her. "Uh, yeah. I'm coming." You replied, shrugging off the feeling once more.

。o○☆

YOU picked up two apples before handing the money to the guy in charge of the stall. You went to take a bite, but instead was shoved over by an unknown force. "Hey! Watch where you're-" you're voice halted as you noticed the villagers rioting. They were screaming and yelling as they dashed towards their houses. You jumped up and stood beside Nya. "What's going on?" she asked you, placing her hands on her hips. "I have no idea." you said, your eyes searching the chaos for a source of the madness. There, in the far corner, you saw Lloyd Garmadon with a wheelbarrow full of candy as he yelled things such as, "Take the candy!"

Weird.

You watched with a raised eyebrow as he cackled loudly. You began to walk forwards, but stopped as you noticed the army of serpentine growing behind him. You gasped, taking a few steps back as the snakes hissed and snarled in your direction. The snakes approached a group of brave individuals who decided not to move, before casting some spell upon them - like hypnotism. "C'mere!" Nya whisper-yelled, grabbing your arm and pulling you behind one of the stalls. You went so speak, but she put a finger over her mouth to shush you, and you reluctantly obliged. The villagers began walking like zombies around the town, some even going in circles. "This makes no sense, general." one of the snakes said. "Raiding an entire town for sweets?" he said in a disbelieving voice. "You will do as I command, because I hold the staff!" the 'general' bellowed, causing the snake in question to cower down. "Urgh! Where are the ninja when you need them!" you whisper-yelled.

。o○☆

"THE serpentine are back! Everyone in Jamanakai Villiage is in danger!" Sensei yelled, causing the four ninja to pause and pay attention. "Calm down, Sensei. We were just there. It was some kid who said he's-" Cole began, but was interrupted by Sensei's clearly panic-stricken voice. "The spirit smoke does not lie. An ancient evil has been released!" he told them once more. "Nya and Y/N are there right now!" Kai said frantically. "Nya and Y/N?!"

。o○☆

LLOYD was still intimidating the very few villagers. "I'm never coming down from this sugar high!" he laughed and cackled evilly. His jeering came to an abrupt stop when he finally noticed the four towering figures in front of him. "Sorry to bust your buzz, little Garmadon." Cole said smartly, hands placed firmly onto his hips. "But it's already past your bedtime." Jay finished for him. "Get them!" Lloyd demanded, causing the army of serpentine to come charging towards the boys.

You grabbed Nya's arm, forcing her to look at you. "You stay here, okay? I'm gonna go help the boys." you said, receiving a nod from Nya. And with that, you ran toward the fight. "The serpentine, they're real?" Kai yelled, more a question than a statement. "Well what do you think, flamebrain?" you joked sarcastically, making the four boys jump in surprise. "Where did you come from?" Jay asked to which you shrugged in response. 

The snakes were closing in, blocking off all of your exits - but when you looked closer, you realised that it wasn't just the serpentine. The hypnotised villagers were also gaining, groaning like zombies as they dragged their feet on the floor. "It's not just the serpentine we have to worry about, the whole village has been hypnotised!" Cole said dumbly as he took a few steps back in fear. They were everywhere, you couldn't see past them. 

Jay swung around his nunchucks as they began to glow, but he ceased to cause any damage as Zane shoved his arm roughly back down to his side. "No! Our weapons are too unstable, we could do more harm than good." he warned, causing Jay to panic. "Well I guess that leaves us with: run!" he screamed as you all flipped out of the circle of enemies. 

You all dashed over to a small crate, using it as a trampoline as you jumped up after Cole, almost making it before slipping and falling. You gasped, the air being knocked out of your lungs. But before you could hit the ground, a strong hand wrapped itself around your wrist, before pulling you up. You looked at the person who saved you, recognising it to be Cole. "Thanks." You panted, giving him a kind smile. He nodded back to you.

"Hey! I know you're having a moment or whatever but we're kind of about to die so can you hurry it up?" Kai said harshly, hands on his hips. "Sorry, I'm coming." you apologised, feeling slightly hurt by Kai's angry tone. You could hear Cole growl slightly before continuing, and you followed behind him. You continued to run, jumping onto a stall roof before flipping onto the roof of a house and sliding down as if you were snowboarding. You landed on the ground before running around a corner, hiding from the serpentine. The others then joined you, peeping around the corner every few seconds. You then jumped over a wheelbarrow, hiding on the other side - as did the others.

You then saw another body jump over. "Nya? You're okay!" Jay exclaimed happily. "Barely. They've hypnotised everyone in town." she replied, gesturing to the zombie-like people. "Mind control. How is this possible?" Jay wondered to pretty much himself. "When you hear them rattle their tails, don't look them in the eye. That's how they get you." she warned dangerously, causing you to shiver slightly. "What are we supposed to do? We can't use our weapons, and now we gotta fight with our eyes closed? Ha! Perfect!" Jay shrieked sarcastically. You rolled your eyes at his childishness, and was really starting to second guess his age. "The snake with the staff is the general." she explained, ""He's the one in charge. If we can get the staff from him, it holds the antivenin. If we get that, we can save everyone."

"Look guys, forget about the whole green and purple ninja thing. Let's make Sensei proud. The five of us, we're a team." Kai said wisely, making you smile like a proud mother. "Now you're talking!" You agreed with him, putting a hand on his shoulder encouragingly. "Oh, and Nya, you can be our honorary member." Jay smiled to her. "Gee, thanks." she said, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

You sprinted across the rooftops, doing ariels, front handsprings, flips, layouts and all sorts. You enjoyed the feeling of being able to move freely. Your relaxation was short lived however as you landed on the floor in a three-point position next to Kai, the serpents immediately looking over. They began moving towards you, but this time, you had a plan. You and Kai stood up, walking forwards calmly. "You know, I beat Kai five times in a video game, let's see how much better I am in real life." you said cockily, spinning an arrow in your hand. You took out your bow, aiming for a spot right next to one of the serpentines head. You fired, the arrow brushing the snakes neck as it flew past, missing him by an inch. "That was a warning shot." You said darkly, feeling the same dark energy floating around you. "Ninja, go!" you and Kai yelled in unison, and began to do spinjitzu. You could barley see past the N/C tornado around you, before feeling a body collide with yours, knocking you to the ground.

。o○☆

YOU shook your head, propping your self up on your arms and placing a hand on your forehead. You winced at the sharp pain in your knee, realising you had grazed it on the floor. You looked over at the body beside you, piecing together what happened. You had collided with Kai whilst trying to do spinjitzu. Wonderful!

The serpentine laughed at your efforts to stand, and you growled under your breath. You kicked one snake in the shin as hard as you could, knocking him to the ground in an instant. In the corner of your eye, you noticed Kai doing something similar. You watched from afar as Lloyd sprinted with the wheelbarrow, cackling as he fled. Then, you saw the familiar shurikens belonging to Zane land in front of him creating a small ice barrier that knocked Lloyd straight over.

You stood up before running over, leaving Kai to deal with the other serpents. "We should have dealt with you the first time around." Zane scolded the boy as he yelled out for his allies. "Aah! Retreat!" he cried, causing the serpentine to disperse and run in all different directions. You saw the general in the distance trying to run away, but quickly pulled out your bow and fired an arrow in his direction. Surprisingly, it hit his staff, knocking it out of his hand. Cole jumped in front of him while he had the chance. You readied another arrow, this time pointed straight at his head. The general looked at you with fear in his eyes, shaking with fright. "You better run. I've watched her train, Cora doesn't miss." Cole threatened, causing the general the sprint away. You kept your eye trained on him until he disappeared, before looking at Cole and giving him a thumbs up, signalling that he was safe and could pick up the staff.

You looked away for a second and over to Kai, where you saw him dealing with the serpents. He was doing fine, he should be alright. You looked back over at Cole, finally noticing the snake in front of him, chanting words and clearly putting him into a hypnotised state. Cole's eyes suddenly turned red, indicating that the serpent had taken control of him. You gasped, running over before kicking the serpentine in the face, imminently taking his gaze away from Cole. "Cole! You have the antivenin!" you yelled to him, making him shake his head as he came back into reality. "By golly, you're right!"

"Quick, the fountain!" you ordered, pointing to the large fountain behind him. "Good idea," he replied, before running over to it. He jumped into the water, placing the staff firmly into the ground as it glowed with power. A blue mist flooded the village, confused noises coming from the citizens as they were brought back to reality. The villagers began cheering for the ninjas as they remembered what had happened to them, a feeling of relief in the air.

You spotted Sensei in the distance, and took long excited strides over to him. Kai apologised to the man, a guilty look in his eyes. "Even lessons learned the hard way, are lessons learned." he replied wisely. "Hm. A great evil has been released. I feel troubling times will come." he added, worry laced into his voice.

"This is only the beginning."

"Then we will train, and be ready for the serpentine."

"It may not be Lord Garmadon, but that doesn't mean we won't bring our A game."

"Help us train, help us realise our potential."

"Yeah, teach us the secrets behind the weapons of Spinjitzu."

"Hm. There is much to teach. We must return to the monastery." Sensei replied mysteriously.

You walked in between Cole and Kai, staring at the pink and purple sky. God, what a day.

words: 3202

A/N: i know what you're thinking. Cora is obviously the purple ninja, i mean, who else is it going to be? well, maybe it is her. but maybe, just maybe, it's another character that i'll be introducing. hey, you don't know. maybe it won't be, i'm not confirming anything. maybe she is the purple ninja. you'll find out in the next few chapters ;).

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

233K 7.2K 95
Long before time had a name, Ninjago was created by the First Spinjitzu Master using the four golden Elemental weapons, whose powers were far two gre...
41K 797 42
"That's the thing about her, she's... π‘«π’Šπ’‡π’‡π’†π’“π’†π’π’• Lloyd has always been the youngest out of the ninja, only really close to Kai. The story ta...
62.2K 843 40
The title says it all a bunch of Ninjago headcanons (REQUESTS OPEN) UPDATE: I'm just going through and editing the formatting and adding some more to...
74.2K 2.3K 18
Thousands of years ago, an element created by the first spinjitzu master, an element that was created to bring joy, only brought fear. He destroyed t...