The Last Descendant || KnY OC...

By ablublub0811

As the Moon illuminates the dark sky, demons lurked in the lands. They are heartless and void of mercy creatu... More

Prologue
1 | Aroused
3 | Ratify
4 | Operation
5 | Peculiar
6 | Fortitude
7 | Sever
8 | Pillar
9 | Secure
10 | Tokitou
11 | Befriend
12 | Interweave
13 | Connections
14 | Vow
15 | Fabricated
16 | Consecrate
17 | Soothe
18 | Convey
19 | Reunion
20 | Rue
21 | Ameliorate
22 | Freighted
23 | Enquiry
24 | Caress
25 | Absolution
26 | Peregrinate
27 | Bludgeoned
28 | Headway
29 | Hushed
30 | Bond
31 | Train
32 | Mendacious
33 | Clew
34 | Akaza
34.5 | Chagrin

2 | Indoctrinate

5.1K 155 123
By ablublub0811

"MITSUKO INJURED HERSELF again huh."

The aforementioned girl looked from the floor to a boy—few years older than herlooking down at her with a cold glare in his blue eyes. Mitsuko's mood immediately dampened. Tsutako, the oldest person in the room, noticed the quick shift of the girl's mood.

The boy noticed the broken geta sandals resting on the floor not far away from them. He commented, "You even broke your only geta sandals. Do you know how much that thing cost Nee-san?"

Tsutako warned, "Giyuu."

"What? I'm simply stating the truth," replied Giyuu, crossing his arms across his chest. He glared again down at the girl sitting on a chair with the wave of tears threatening to fall from her eyes.

Mitsuko squeaked, "I'm sorry."

"Sorry? Your sorry will not bring the geta sandals back. That is expensive, you know. I'm su"

"Giyuu!"

Giyuu looked over to his sister, her threatening glare running a shiver in his spine. Despite the scary aura of his sister, he never once wavered his conviction against Mitsuko.

He unwind his arms, turned, and said, "You don't really belong here, in this family," before taking off.

"Giyuu! You and I are going to have a talk later!" shouted Tsutako. She looked down at Mitsuko, who was now crying silently. Her lips pressed into a thin line. She still didn't understand why all these years Giyuu hadn't accepted Mitsuko. He carried a hate that affected Mitsuko's self-esteem, and that was worrying. She didn't want the youngest member of the family to have any type of difficulties while growing into the cruel world.

Even if that member was not a family by blood.

Tsutako comforted Mitsuko, "All of the things he said are not true. Just ignore him for now."

Don't worry about it, Nee-san. He's right with every word he said, even the last part."

~~~~~

"Himejima Gyomei..." Mitsuko mutters, committing the name to her memory. She feels a pat on her raven head. She winces as a slight rush of pain enveloped her nervous system. The white bandage encircling her head is still there. There are still a few gauzes that are attached to the girl.

"I hope you'll strive, Mitsuko."

She turns her head to see the Leader of the Demon Slaying Corps looking down at her with the smile that never left his face. Mitsuko purses her lips to a thin line, nodding the slightest movement of her head can allow her.

The Rock Pillar can see an image of the girl now looking at him in the dark. Tears streamed down his face as he took in the state of the child before him. Her face and body is littered with bandages and gauzes from the injuries she received from the assault. He is grateful to the gods for leading him to where the girl was before she passed out from the blood loss.

But, in the back of his head, there's a voice that tells him not to trust the girl easily. He rubs his hands together, the beads bumping each other.

"Take care of her, Gyomei. She's not fully healed."

"Yes, Oyakata-sama. I'll provide her the assistance she needs."

* * *

Mitsuko grips the bamboo sword tighter in her gloved hands. Her red hues studied how her hands wrapped around the handle. Why is this feeling so familiar? Like, I'm already used to this.

"Let's start with your swordmanship... Try hitting me."

Her gaze snaps upwards to see Gyomei looking at her without anything to guard himself. She nervously gulps and hesitantly raises her sword.

The Rock Pillar notices how the girl was able to hold the sword right in her petite hands. He also spots her fighting stance and how she raises her sword to guard her face. He doubts if this is really the first time Mitsuko has ever hold a wooden sword, let alone a real one. But, he's informed Mitsuko has a Selective Amnesia.

Mitsuko hesitates to charge at her trainer. What if I hurt him so bad?

"Put your mind into it and do not hesitate, Mitsuko."

The girl jolts at the sound of her name being mentioned. She nods. She will not waste this opportunity to improve herself more.

"Okay."

She decides to follow her instincts and let her body cut through the air towards the Rock Pillar.

At the end of the fight, Mitsuko stands her ground, breathing heavily. The wooden sword slips from her bandaged hands and her body collapses on the tatami floors.

Two hits... I scored two hits.

Her lungs beg and fight for air. Her heartbeat is almost deafening in her ears as it races. Her right hand grips her chest as she takes her time to recover from the short but exhausting fight.

A throbbing pain hammers to take over her head. She grimaces, closing her eyes shut in attempt to ease the pain.

"I believe... I have been too harsh," mumbles the Rock Pillar. Tears are streaming down again on his face as he kneels beside the distressed girl. Mitsuko gets all the words loud and vivid despite the low mumble of the man. She retorts, "No. It's just... I'm not fully healed yet."

"You shouldn't push yourself like this," says Gyomei, rubbing palms together. "Namu Amida Butsu."

* * *

"Thank you for all your help, Amane-sama," says Mitsuko, looking up to see the lady of the Ubayashiki Estate holding the white bandage that used to be on her head. She smiles warmly at the woman. Her infectious smile causes the lady to smile at her. Amane replies, "You're welcome, Mitsuko. If you like, you can always pay us a visit."

"I'll keep that in mind! I'll miss Hinaki and Nichika though." The girl stands up. She wraps her small arms around the woman. Amane looks at the girl, shocked at her display of affection. Soon, she hugs her back. "Be careful on your path in life."

After that, she sees Gyomei waiting at her in his usual position. She trudges towards the man and looks up at him. He's so tall.

Wordlessly, the Rock Pillar walks inside his estate, the ten-year old girl trailing behind him. Gyomei leads the girl to the dining room. Her mouth waters at the sight of the dishes laid out on the low table.

Gyomei urges her, "Eat first before we train."

The girl exclaims, "Thank you so much, Himejima-san!"

On instinct, she envelopes the big man in a hug, startling him. He looks down at the smiling girl. She still smiles like there's no care in the world even if she lost her family.

He raises his hand and lands it on the raven-haired girl head. Mitsuko looks up to see Gyomei looking down at her. Patting her head, he smiles.

A warm fuzzy feeling filled the girl's body. Her smiles stretches even more at the sensation of the Rock Pillar patting her head. I should ask Himejima-san to pat my head more often!

* * *

It only took her a week to finally take the Final Selection.

Mitsuko stands by the staircase of the Wisteria Mountain. Her hands are behind her simple red and white kimono. A sword on her, its scabbard resting on her side. Her eyes only travel on the wisteria that decorate the foot of the mountain. Its color shines the dark area and its magnificent hue stands out in the night.

She never leaves her gaze on the wisterias because of the judging gazes that she infinitely received from the other participants around her. She keeps her expression neutral to prevent them from judging her anymore. She's told that showing emotions can make a person vulnerable. She doesn't want to be perceived as a vulnerable child.

"Remember, Mitsuko. It is a very rare case for someone as young as you to enter the Demon Slayer Corps. But, you have great talent in swordsmanship. People will judge you during the selection because of your young age. Don't be scared. Just focus on surviving."

Gyomei's words before she left resonates within her. She mumbles, "I know. I know."

"Welcome."

She turns at the sound of the Ubayashiki's daughters. The Final Selection is about to start.

.

.

.

Before leaving for the Final Selection, Mitsuko almost screamed.

"Ugh!"

Mitsuko frustratingly tugged the ends of her layered hair. She already lost count of the attempts at cleaning her hair to its natural jet black hue.

"Why can't this stain go away?"

When she first landed her crimson eyes on a mirror, it reflected her bandaged state. But, what she noticed first is the stain of burnt sienna at the ends of her hair. Her eyes almost bawled out at her appearance. Where the hell did this come from?!

So, she tried removing the stain of red from her hair. Much to her dismay, it doesn't go away. She pondered if she made some progress-even if its a small percentage-in removing the stains in her hair.

A knock resounded in the bathroom. She knew who it was.

"Namu Amida Butsu..."

With a groan, she finally gave up on removing the stain. She studied her hair for a moment before realizing the burnt sienna in her ends complements the crimson hue of her eyes.

Red eyes fixed on the mirror, she said, "I guess its not that bad."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 18.5K 143
Tác phẩm: Toàn thế giới đều đang đợi người động tâm. Tác giả: Tố Tây Ý là truyện này gõ nhanh quá nên chưa check lại được. Toai vẫn đang làm nên quý...
17.8K 1.4K 36
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬/𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...
243K 7.8K 173
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
72.7K 3.2K 20
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !