The Equal Claim

By JessSolanki

24 year old Athena is on her journey to success; but she has a secret. She is not human. What happens when At... More

Authors' Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue
Sequel Announcement

Chapter 28

4.5K 171 23
By JessSolanki

The council headquarters; New York

"I need to see my father, now!" Caleb orders as he walks to the receptionist's desk.

"I'm sorry sir but the council is having a meeting in the board room at the moment and no one is allowed to interrupt," the receptionist replies politely.

"I don't care what meeting they're in, I need to see my father now Janice!" Caleb bellows as he slams his hands on the desk.

"Sir please, I'm under strict orders not to let anyone in. Please understand, "she pleads but Caleb chooses to ignore her and starts walking towards the board room.

"Mr. Jensen please stop! You will cost me my job sir I have been ordered not to let anyone in. Sir please," Janice cries as she follows Caleb to stop him but he ignores her.

"Don't test my patience you lowly woman and don't touch me!!" he yells as she tries to pull him by the arm. "I said don't touch me!" he says and backhands her and she falls to the floor clutching her cheek.

"Father! Father you need to hear about this!" Caleb shouts as he walks through the double doors. "Caleb, you are not supposed to be here boy. What do you want?" Jonathan says in a displeased tone. "Ohh father you will be happy with what I have for you today," he replies enthusiastically and smirks.

"My office, now!" He orders with no ounce of love for his son and Caleb meekly follows his dad.

''What is so important that you had to interrupt my meeting boy,'' Jonathan yells at his son. ''Dad you will love this, remember how you wanted to get back at Theo Argent for turning the others against you and getting the votes in his favor all those years ago?'' Caleb says as an evil smirk makes it way to his lips.

''Yes, vividly, I had vowed then and there to take that man down one day,'' Jonathan replies as he grits his teeth in anger.

''Well father now is the perfect time to extract your revenge, because Theo argent has a weakness and it's none other than his mate; Athena Robinson ohh and it gets better father; she is an alpha female,'' Caleb announces and Jonathan Jensen grabs his son by the shoulders. ''She is a what??!!" he screams in his face.

"An alpha female father, she was exposed yesterday evening in front of everyone. It's only a matter of time before they all reject her and throw her out of the pack. Then I will hunt her down and get my revenge for insulting me in front of the pack,'' Caleb says as the wheels in his mind turn thus creating a perfect revenge plan. Or so he thought.

''And what if they don't throw her out of the pack Caleb? How will you get your revenge then?'' Jonathan questions his son. '' Oh don't worry dad you are not the only one who has it out for Theo, I have an ally back at the pack; if Athena is accepted then I will move to plan B. Either way I will make sure Athena Robinson gets hurt or worse, die.''

''Whatever you wish to do with this information is up to you father; mine was to come and inform you. Although it would be nice to have the council on our side because sooner or later, a war will happen and I would very much like to be on the winning side of it,'' Caleb says as he leaves the office feeling accomplished.

Crescent Pack; Theo & Athena's house

''Mine, "Theo growls lowly as he kisses the mark on my neck and I shiver in delight.

''Yours,'' I respond as I kiss his mark in return.

We are currently fresh out of the shower standing in front of the full length mirror in our walk in closet. ''I'm going to choose your outfit today love and you will have to wear it, '' he says slyly and I raise my eyebrows in surprise as he removes a bright yellow sun dress with matching flip flops.

''What, am I auditioning to be the sun in teletubbies? Put that back Theo!'' I yell at him as I walk to my side of the closet and pull out a white floral bohemian off the shoulder dress and put it on as Theo watches intently.

'' You know love we still have about 35 more minutes before breakfast arrives, so...'' he trails of as he wiggles his eyebrows suggestively and I scoff, ''goddess Theo aren't you tired already?'' I question and he laughs, ''tired of you love? Never.''

''So, how do you think the pack will take the news?'' I ask Theo as I munch on my pancakes. ''To be honest love; I'm not sure, though most of them love you already. Unless Caleb gets to them first, speaking of which I haven't seen him since yesterday,'' Theo muses as he takes a piece of bacon and feeds it to me.

''I'm coming in, I hope you're both decent, '' Charles announces and I raise my eyebrows in surprise.

''How did he know?'' I mouth to Theo and he just laughs.

''Tell me you didn't tell him!'' I shout and Theo shakes his head. ''Oh cookie he didn't have to, Welcome to the pack by the way, Alpha,'' Charles says with a low bow and I give him a questioning look.

''The moment Theo marked you the whole pack felt the power getting divided, it's not as big as what you felt,'' he smirks at this and continues, ''we just get these goose bumps and a little shiver knowing that someone has been now added to the pack, someone with power and authority. In this case, you,'' he explains and I nod in understanding.

''You know, you can now mind link us?'' Charles asks, ''really? Why didn't you tell me all this Theo?'' I question him accusingly.

''Well love, we were busy weren't we? I couldn't just stop to explain everything could I, that would have been a solid mood killer,'' he responds and a blush creeps on my cheeks as I bite my lower lip.

''ohh my cookie got some, yesss! About time that happened,'' Charles cheers and my cheeks could rival a tomato right now. Theo notices this and decides to shift the attention from me.

''Seems like you had a busy night too man,'' Theo pipes in as he points towards Charles' mark.

''Wow you didn't wait did you?'' I tease and he shrugs his shoulders. ''What can I say, I'm not as patient as Theo'' he responds and I scoff, ''yeah right.''

''Where is Mila by the way?'' I ask. ''Oh she's still in bed, probably exhausted,'' he says with a smirk and I roll my eyes at his antics.

''Okay then; we have business to attend to today; number one is getting the pack to accept Athena, number two damage control from yesterday, any rogues that were captured Charles?'' Theo asks.

''Yes, Sean told me they managed to catch one, he is in captivity at Shadow pack,'' he replies. ''Good, we will pay Benjamin a visit and interrogate this rogue,'' Theo says and my mind goes to the conversation I had with Sebastian last night.

''Theo, I would like to ask this rogue some questions when we pay him a visit.''

He looks at me with uncertainty at first but then nods in agreement. ''Very well then, whenever you two are ready,'' Charles states and walks out the front door.

''Ready love?'' Theo whispers and I nod. We are now standing outside the pack house on a podium with almost all of the pack members present.

My eyes catch Sebastian's who is leaning against a tree right at the back, he is staring at me intently and I have to avert my gaze away from him from the intensity.

''As you all know by now that my mate Athena is an alpha female, an occurrence that hasn't happened in over 200yrs. I know most of you have already had a fear set in from this news but almost all of you know Athena; she is not a threat to anyone. She has lived with us for quite a while now and has made friends and acquaintances around the pack. So my question to you all is; Do you accept Athena as not your Luna but your Alpha? '' Theo announces then poses as people start murmuring. We wait for a while and soon the murmurs die.

''We felt the power yesterday Alpha, it means she has been marked and is part of the pack already. Our only concern is; what if she does become a threat and challenges your position to take it all for herself?'' a voice shouts from the crowd.

''I assure you all that something like that will never happen, this is my home now; you are all my family and I will knowingly never put any of you including Theo in danger. I would never hurt my mate or any of you. If I am standing here today, it's because of the support I have from him. I vow to put the pack first, before anything else,'' I announce with confidence in my voice.

''I pledge my loyalty to you Alpha Athena!'' a voice calls from the crowd whom I recognize as Hazel and I shoot her a grateful smile. ''Me too,'' says Rachel followed by Cathy and soon everyone follows suit and pledge their loyalty to me.

''To Alpha Theo and Alpha Athena! The first ever alpha mates!'' Noah chants and the whole pack follows suit as I feel a surge of pride rush through me, this is my pack.

I look up at Theo and give him a smile as he ropes his arm around my waist and we look at the people. Our people.

The crowd soon disperses to get back to their daily routines. ''Now that we have finished task one, we can proceed to go to Shadow pack,'' Theo says.

We are about to make a move when I see Aiden running towards us. ''Hey guys, wait up'' he shouts and comes to stop.

''Hey Aiden, what's up?'' I ask.

''Its Caleb, I think he has gone to the council. One of the guys at training mentioned that he saw Caleb leaving and no one has seen him since then,'' he replies. ''and why does this person think that Caleb has gone to the council, he could be anywhere,'' Theo says and I look at him disbelievingly.

''He sneaked out of the pack Theo. Charles handles who ever leaves and comes in you don't think he would have told him if he was going somewhere else?'' Aiden says a matter of factly.

''Aiden's right Theo, he must have gone to the council.''

''Let them come then, I have put them down once; I will do it again,'' Theo says.

''We all know you can bring down the council brother but this time it's about Athena and a mate is considered a weakness to a wolf,'' Aiden responds and Theo glares at him.

''Not mine, my mate is my strength. Athena and I will face the council if and when they show up. If need be I will burn the council to the ground.'' Theo grits his teeth and I can feel the anger beneath his calm exterior.

I send waves of calmness through the bond and feel him relax. ''Thank you Aiden, we'll be extra careful; just inform Hazel and Noah to take the training up a notch. If a war is coming we need to be ready,'' I voice. He nods and walks away.

We are met with Andrew Walter; Shadow's beta at the border and he takes us straight to the cells where Benjamin is waiting with Sean and a woman who seems to be in her late thirties.

''Glad you could make it, Ashton's on his way too,'' Benjamin states. The woman takes a step forward and introduces herself,'' I'm Emily; Benjamin's mate and you're Athena right? I've heard a lot about you, it's an honor to finally meet you, '' she says in a sweet voice and hugs me.

''It's nice to finally meet you too Emily, '' I reply and hug her back as Ashton joins us.

''Let's get this over with,'' he huffs.

Theo, Benjamin and Ashton go inside first and the rest of us follow. The rogue is tied to a metal chair that is screwed to the ground. Emily and I gag at the stench but compose ourselves.

''Let's start easy shall we, what is your name?' Benjamin asks.

''I don't answer to you,'' the rogue says in a hoarse voice.

''Well who do you answer to then?'' Ashton questions and the rogue spits at him which causes Ashton to roar. He slaps the rogue hard and grabs him by the collar, ''Do that again and I will gouge out your eyes and feed them to you, understand? '' he growls. Theo and Sean have to pull him back from actually doing it.

The rogue laughs then eyes Emily and Me, ''Well aren't you two a sight to behold, '' he says in a flirty voice and this time Benjamin backhands him and I have to flinch from the sound of his jaw breaking.

''I'd like to ask him some questions,'' I say and all the men turn to look at me.

''You'll interrogate him in a dress?'' Sean says as he looks at me from head to toe.

''What, like there is a rule book that says I can't,'' I reply sassily and the rogue whistles.

''I like her, though I prefer my women naked, '' he continues and I grab him by the neck before Theo could even react.

''Say something like that again I will actually gouge your eyes out believe me,'' I hiss and he shuts up when I notice a necklace around his neck which had something like a capsule hanging from it.

''Now, what's your name?'' I ask, ''Marvin,'' he replies.

''Who sent you Marvin?'' I question and he chuckles, ''you really think I will answer that,'' and I sigh.

''Why did you attack us?'' Theo asks. ''We are rogues dude, we do whatever we want, we attack whenever we want,'' he replies cockily.

''Except you didn't attack when you wanted did you? there were rogue sightings these past few weeks, but no one attacked; they all just passed. So someone ordered the attack and we want to know who,'' Ashton tells him voicing out my exact thoughts.

Marvin laughs again and shakes his head, ''Not telling. You can keep me here all you want, I have nowhere else to be.''

''What's that around your neck Marvin?'' I ask him as I eye the capsule.

''This is my ticket out of here,'' he replies with a shrug of his shoulders.

'You're crazy! How do you expect to get out of here alive? You're chained and guarded heavily, '' Benjamin scoffs.

Suddenly Marvin starts shaking violently and his eyes glaze. ''What's happening?'' Emily shrieks visibly freaked out and Benjamin is by her side instantly and we all take a few steps back.

''Eyes....... blue.... eyes......blue.... eyes!! '' Marvin yells and the shaking subsides, his eyes clear and he looks up at us.

''Who said anything about getting out alive,'' he gives us a demented look. He takes the necklace in his mouth and crushes the capsule between his teeth before any of us can even stop him. Froth begins to form in his mouth and his neck rolls back.

''He's dead,'' one of the guards confirms and we all sigh in defeat.

''Damn it, '' Ashton curses as he punches the wall.

''Have you ever seen something like this before dear,'' Emily asks as she looks at Benjamin.

Both him and Theo share a look as they answer simultaneously, ''Witches.''

*****

Witches are now involved!Things are about to get intense.

place your thoughts on the comments :)

--Jessica.S

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92K 3.2K 40
Violet Thomas never filled the role that anyone wanted her to. Leading up to her 17th birthday, her father is excited for her to meet her mate, and f...
42.3K 818 37
Evie a 19 year old lone rouge she-wolf is content with her life. She moves from place to place teasing the packs, people and rouges. The last thing s...
5.7K 325 27
What is the destiny of a she-wolf on the run to the human land? . . . At a young age, Alexia lost her parents. With her current status and rumours su...
1.6M 60.4K 74
Just when the world is about to get hectic between rouges and packs, the goddess promises a saviour to rescue the innocent and punish the evil. They...