Rejected Lovers

WYLD_ROSE द्वारा

Atticus and Olivia have a past...and share the same fate. But as they're trying to move on from the cruel car... अधिक

AN: IMPORTANT!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue

Chapter 5

30.8K 1.2K 267
WYLD_ROSE द्वारा

Chapter Five - Brawl

"Ready to go?" I look up at the sound of his voice.

Atticus leans against the door frame at the threshold of my room with his arms crossed as he stares at me. I nod as I zip up my backpack before standing and putting it on my shoulders. Taking one last look in the mirror I turn to him and release a deep breath.

"I wish you could come with me." I sigh as I make my way to him.

Although we are the same age Atticus has photographic memory and because he excelled in all subjects he graduated a year early. I'm nervous about starting at a new school, especially because at my previous one Vincent and his friends would bully me. But I'm praying hard that nobody pays attention to me this time. I just want to get through my last year in peace.

"Well, if you were as smart as me – hey!" He pouts teasingly when I smack his arm. He chuckles deeply before pulling me into hug. "You'll be fine. If anything happens, anything at all, I'm not far away."

I nod and breathe in his scent of sea breeze and spice. It calms me down instantly and takes me back to our childhood days. Hesitantly, I pull away and we make our way downstairs where Arcadia and Elias wait for me. We had woken up early and had our breakfast just so I reach the school early. I need to get my timetable and look around the school to familiarize myself with it.

We bid goodbye to Atticus before getting into the car. It's a twenty-minute ride into the city and a further ten minutes to get to the school. The driver drives through the tall iron gates before stopping by the steps. We get out and some of the students lingering around glance at me curiously before resuming their conversations.

I follow Arcadia and Elias inside to the office where I get my timetable. I wish they were my age so I could have a friendly face in my classes. They show me around the large school and where each of my classes will be. I find my nerves easing the more I get familiar with the building.

Eventually, the bell rings and I say goodbye to them both before heading to my first class which is English. I greet the teacher, Miss Brooks, and she smiles at me welcoming-ly before assigning me a seat in the middle row. Students file in when the last bell rings and I watch them discreetly as they take their seats around me.

"Hey, you're the new girl right?" A girl with pastel blue hair and dark brown roots asks as she takes a seat beside me. "I'm Emilia Bianchi."

"I'm Olivia Peterson." I smile at her just as Scarlett walks in.

Her eyes narrow on Emilia and I but Emilia just flips her off and gestures for her to keep walking. I bite my lip to stifle a bubbling laugh as I watch Scarlett ball her fists in anger before storming to her seat in the first row. Right after her, a boy with sandy blonde hair and light green eyes enters. He looks up and smiles at Emilia before his eyes meet mine. I watch as he takes a seat beside me before Emilia leans across.

"Leon, this is Olivia Peterson." She introduces with a jerk of her thumb. "And Olivia this is Leon Tarantino."

"It's nice to meet you, Olivia." He greets warmly and I nod at him.

"You too, Leon. How long have you two known each other?" I ask as I take out my books.

"Since we were babies. I've given up on trying to get rid of him!" She snorts unladylike as Leon chuckles.

"I'll never leave you, Emi." He winks playfully which causes her to roll her eyes.

She's about to reply when the teacher starts the lesson. The teacher picks up where they last left the play of Macbeth and I'm relieved that we had been doing the same play in my previous school. I assume I'll have a lot of catching up to do so it's a great relief that my workload has reduced slightly.

We carry on with the play and take down notes as Miss Brooks asks us questions. Just before the class ends she assigns us our homework. Emilia asks for my timetable as we begin to pack up and she squeals excitedly as she looks through it. Apparently, every class I have either has Emilia, Leon or both in it which I'm so happy about!

Next, I have Biology and Math which pass by in a blur. I almost cry out in relief when the bell rings for lunch! Not long to go before I can go home and just sleep. I'm a little tired because of how little sleep I got last night. All I did was overthink about joining a new school and stress myself to death. So now I'm suffering from the consequences of staying up into the early hours of the morning.

"We'll see you in there. It's the round table by the window, okay?" Emilia reminds me of where everyone is sitting in the cafeteria.

"Got it. I'll be there in a few." I reply before hearing them leave.

I quickly read over my schedule before looking for the books I'll need for my next classes. However, just as I've spotted them I hear footsteps making their way in my direction. Glancing to my left I see Scarlett and her group of friends which makes me internally groan. I really hope she doesn't talk to me but when do things ever go my way?

"So...you're the new girl huh?" She asks in a condescending tone.

I roll my eyes and ignore her as I continue to take out the books I'll need for my next class. But it sounds like she doesn't take my ignorance well because I hear her scoff before I'm whirled around and slammed against the lockers. I cry out from surprise before a threatening growl escapes me. Shoving her off me I glare at her little squad that begins to squeal as if I just kicked their puppy or something.

"Leave me alone, Scarlett!" I snarl but she doesn't back off.

"How about you leave my man alone?!" She hisses as she takes a threatening step towards me.

"He's not yours. Never was and never will be." Arcadia interrupts as she walks up to us. She stops before looking her up and down with a disgusted look. "My brother would never go for someone like you."

"He doesn't like redheads." Elias pipes up from behind me with a cheerful grin.

By now a crowd of people have gathered around us and one inhale is all it takes for me to realize that they are all werewolves. Thankfully no humans are lingering in the hallways to witness this spectacle.

"Fuck off, Elias!" Scarlett shrieks and goes to punch him but is stopped by Arcadia.

She knees Scarlett in the stomach and doesn't waste any time before punching her face repeatedly. Scarlett's friends, or minions as I would rather call them, back away immediately instead of helping her. She tries to fight back but Arcadia is ruthless and my jaw drops when she tangles her fingers in Scarlett's hair and smashes her head into the metal of the lockers.

"Go off, sis!" Elias cheers in a high-pitched tone from beside me which makes my jaw drop even further.

"Shut up and help her!" I shout as I smack his arm.

"I don't hit girls, sorry."

"I meant get Arcadia off her!" I growl in frustration as I move to grab Arcadia.

But before I can do so a booming voice echoes in the hallway. "What is going on here?! Arcadia Bauer!"

I groan as I realize it's Principal Nelson. He seems to be in his mid-thirties with ginger hair and beard, blue eyes and pale skin. He looks to be quite built too as his muscles strain against his navy button down.

She delivers one last punch to Scarlett and its force is enough to knock her out. "She deserved it!"

"I don't care! There will be no violence in my school!" He roars as Scarlett's friends help pick her up. "Arcadia, Elias and Olivia get to my office, now! You girls get Scarlett to the nurse!"

Elias and I look at each other and grimace as Arcadia stomps after the principal with a dark yet quiet growl. After explaining what happened and being lectured on what is and isn't tolerated at the school Elias and I are let off with a warning but Arcadia will be in detention during tomorrow's lunch break.

"If she ever does or says anything to you again you either hit her or tell me, okay?" She says to me as soon as we're out of his office.

"Arcadia..." I trail off with wide eyes.

"Mom and dad funded this school. Nelson can't do shit." She rolls her eyes as we walk towards the cafeteria. "Besides, Scarlett deserved it. She's a bully."

I let out a disbelieved laugh as she walks ahead of us. Elias shakes his head in amusement before we enter the noisy cafeteria. I groan when there's about ten minutes left until lunchtime is over and all but rush to join the line.

So much for a peaceful first day, I think to myself with a heavy sigh.

***

We walk through the front door and are instantly greeted by Tobias and Vasilia Bauer standing in the foyer. Tobias has curly brown hair and hazel eyes just like his sons whereas Vasilia has pin straight blonde hair with blue eyes that are a hint lighter than Arcadia's. They don't look a day over thirty but I know they are probably way older.

"Olivia?" They question in confusion yet delight once they spot me. "What are you doing here, darling? Is your family with you?"

"Hi Tobias and Vasilia." I smile and wave before shaking my head. "No, they aren't. I'll explain everything."

"We'll talk over dinner then." Vasilia smiles warmly at me but her gaze instantly narrows at her younger children, specifically her daughter. "Now what's this I hear about you punching Scarlett, Arcadia?"

"You did what?!" Atticus interrupts as he steps inside the house behind us.

"She hurt Olivia, told lies about Atticus that weren't true and tried to hurt Elias! What was I supposed to do?!" Arcadia growls and I see Atticus' head snap in my direction from the corner of my eye.

"Oh, I don't know! Maybe calm your temper like we've been telling you to?!" Tobias argues back with narrowed eyes. "My office, now. We need to have a talk about your anger."

"But dad!" She huffs before doing as she's told when Tobias growls warningly.

They walk away before Vasilia turns to us with an amused smile. "Dinner will be on the table in ten. Freshen up you three."

I nod before Elias and I start making our way up the staircase with Atticus following behind. Elias' room is at the very start of the upper portion whereas mine is towards the end. I wave goodbye before carrying onto mine yet notice that Atticus doesn't move towards his room.

Instead, he follows me into my room and shuts the door before pulling me back by my elbow. His honey colored eyes contain a dark edge to them as they scan my body for injuries. Butterflies flutter excitedly in my tummy when a deep growl escapes him as he pulls me into his warm embrace and I find myself holding onto him tighter.

"I'm fine. She just slammed me against the lockers, that's all." I whisper as I rub his back to try and calm him.

"That's all?! She should have never done anything in the first place! Why did she hurt you?!" He snarls as he backs away.

"Jealousy." I shrug halfheartedly as I take a seat on my bed with a sigh. "She wants me to leave you alone because apparently you're her man."

"Fucking delusional!" He seethes lowly as he runs his fingers through his hair. "She should never have hurt you! I need to have a word with her."

"Well, I'm sure the principal had a word with her so I don't think she'll be bothering me again." I reply as I stand to walk into my wardrobe so that I can pick something comfy to change into.

"You'll tell me straight away if something like this happens again won't you?" He stops me with an expectant look.

"I'm sure it won't after what Arcadia did to her!" I joke with a light chuckle.

"Livi, please." He pleads softly this time.

"You'll be the first to know. I promise." I whisper as I caress his cheek.

It's like all the tension leaves his body and with a deep exhale he hugs me tightly before murmuring, "I don't ever want to see you hurt. You're much too precious to me, Olivia."

He cups my face and presses a firm yet lingering kiss to my forehead. And then, he's opening the door and guiding me downstairs just as Vasilia calls us for dinner. I blink up at him as if in a daze before snapping out of it. Don't think too much into this, I tell myself. You and Atticus are just friends.

But I can't help but wish we could be more.

Vote if you are enjoying this story!

Chapter 6 is already up on Inkitt! Click the link in my bio or announcement post to read my book faster!

1. Download the app

2. Follow my profile

3. Put my book in your reading list!

Update schedule is: every Monday, Wednesday & Friday!

- R.W. ♡

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

1.1M 42.6K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
100K 4.3K 79
***Please read my message on November 12, 2019 (if you can) for enlightenment purposes*** "Who are you?" A certain Luna asked. "Tell me, why do I fe...
Beautiful Mine Ol_Rod द्वारा

वेरवुल्फ़

181K 1.8K 11
•Completed• Disclaimer; Only FIVE chapters AVAILABLE. FOLLOW my story on 'FICFUN', If you want to know what HAPPENS NEXT. •Top position; 3rd in Writi...
94.9K 3.1K 36
He growl lowly as my breath become shallow from this steamy sessions. Within a second, he digs his canines into my skin, and moans escape my mouth at...