Rejected Lovers

נכתב על ידי WYLD_ROSE

Atticus and Olivia have a past...and share the same fate. But as they're trying to move on from the cruel car... עוד

AN: IMPORTANT!
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue

Chapter 2

32.1K 1.3K 143
נכתב על ידי WYLD_ROSE

Chapter Two - Lost Love

Two days later.

The hired taxi drops me off near the territory of where the Bauer Pack is located. I pay the fare before watching him drive off and eventually disappearing as he turns the corner. But just as I'm about to start walking I receive a call from Vincent. Thankfully, our bond is already starting to feel the effects of the distance put between us and I couldn't be happier.

"Hello?"

"Have you reached?" He grunts and I hear a door close in the background.

"Yes. I'm about to enter the territory." I reply as I take in my surroundings.

"Good. Remember the plan. You need to call me before you enter his office so that I can listen in." He instructs and I roll my eyes in disinterest.

"Will do. Bye." I hang up and snicker to myself when I catch the start of his frustrated growl.

I start my trek into the territory and around ten minutes in I'm met by warriors guarding the perimeter. They're all bulky and intimidating men which makes my confidence slip a little but regardless I carry on. I notice their eyes narrow as I walk up to one of them and they stand alert.

A man dressed in all black gear steps up once I reach him. "Do you have permission to enter the pack lands?"

"Uh...no, I don't. Atticus knows me though, I'm an old friend." I smile as I hope he will at least let me meet him.

"Yeah, right." He snorts and his brown eyes shine with heavy suspicion.

"Please, just tell him that Olivia Peterson would like to see him. It's urgent. I mean no harm." I plead before sighing in relief when his eyes glaze over as he mind-links someone who I hope is Atticus.

A few seconds pass before he nods and tells me that he'll guide me to the Alpha house. I thank him and smile at the other warriors who only blink back at me. I follow the warrior through the territory in silence because he doesn't seem like someone who would like to have a chat.

Eventually, we reach the main pack grounds and my jaw drops as I take in the buildings. It looks like it's a mini city! When my family used to visit his over the summers the pack was much smaller so it's clear that ever since Atticus took over he has expanded it greatly. The Bauer Pack territory is ten times larger than Vincent's and I find myself looking around with wide eyes. There is a huge house on one side and comfortably sized homes a distance away with a cafe, what looks like an infirmary and training grounds in the middle.

However, the warrior walks past all this and I find myself on a pathway that leads up to an impressive house. The exterior of the Alpha house is grey with three balconies on the top level that are supported by pillars. The house looks quite extravagant with a sprawling lawn and a seating area by a fireplace out front. Three cars are also parked to the left under a canopy made of stone and held up by four pillars.

We walk up the stone path to the double doors made from glass. The guards standing outside open them and let us in with a stoic nod. I find my jaw dropping once more when I see how lavish it is on the inside. The theme is neutral yet bright and there's family pictures everywhere.

I'm guided down a hallway to our right and after two turns the warrior stops outside a black door. But before he turns to me I quickly call Vincent's number and turn the volume of my phone down so that his heightened hearing can't pickup on it. He nods at me to go in and I smile nervously before watching him take a few steps back. Inhaling deeply, I knock three times and wait.

"Come in." I immediately notice that his voice has deepened.

I open the door and step in before closing it behind me. I quickly take the time to admire him and note the changes since the last time I saw him two years ago. He has certainly grown into a man and is now quite muscular. His dark brown hair is ruffled slightly and I spot the scar above his right brow which I gave him when we used to train together. His nose is a little crooked because he was quite the troublemaker back in the day. His features have become sharper and angular too with flawless skin and full lips.

Atticus glances up before double-taking and sets his pen down once he sees that it's me who has entered his office. His hazel eyes darken slightly as they take me in just like I did moments ago and I find myself squirming under the intensity of them.

"Hi Atticus, it's nice to see you again." I smile softly as memories of our time together flood my mind.

"You too, Olivia. What brings you here?" He leans back in his chair and watches me with silent interest as I take his pen and begin writing on his notepad slowly.

I can't risk Vincent hearing my phone move so I decide to write it out instead and show him. "Nothing, I heard you were back in town and wanted to come see you. I hope you're not too busy?"

"I always have time for you, you know that." He chuckles but there's confusion in his eyes as I laugh.

"That's great. So, you finally took over the pack?" I watch as he leans forward so that he can see what I wrote, Help me! Someone's listening.

His eyes blaze in fury when I glance down at my phone twice. If I didn't know who he's angry at I would be shaking in fear because of how deadly he looks right now. Taking a quiet inhale, he nods and stands before rounding the table.

"Shortly after I turned sixteen, yes." He replies smoothly as he steps closer. "I'm so glad you're here, Olivia. We have a lot of catching up to do."

Unexpectedly, he hugs me and I yelp in surprise. I watch curiously as he pulls away but lifts my arm up with a noise of confusion.

"What's this?" He questions, taking my phone from me and holding it between his fingers. "Someone is listening in on our conversation?! What the hell, Olivia?!"

"Atticus, I – ow!"

I cry out in shock when he slams me against a wall with an angry growl as he regards me with dark eyes. But then his touch turns gentle and he pulls me against him before rubbing his hand across my sore back in a soothing manner. I know then that this is all just for show.

"You will pay for trying to harm my pack. Brendan!" He yells and not even a second later, the door opens and the warrior from before rushes in. Atticus holds me out to him and I stare at him in confusion. "Throw her in the prisons! No food or water for a week!"

"Wait – Atticus, no!" I shout as the warrior takes me from him. "Get off me! Atticus, listen to me!"

As soon as Atticus destroys my phone he gestures for Brendan to let me go. The poor guy is confused but slowly obeys and closes the door of the office behind him. It's silent as I make my way to a nearby couch and take a seat on it.

"You always were a drama queen." He smirks as he leans against his desk.

I shrug and a smile blooms across my lips as I reminisce. But it fades when I realize the consequences of my actions. It's going to take a lot of effort to leave the country undetected. I'll have to change my identity and travel far away. I need to work fast.

"Where do I go now? I need to leave quickly." I mumble to myself as I rack my brain for a secluded location.

"Olivia...what do you mean?" Atticus wonders with his head tilted to the side in confusion.

"H-He said he'll kill me if I fail to get the information he wanted." I can't keep the tremble out of my voice.

"Who sent you? And why would you do this?" He steps closer as his brows furrow in deep thought.

"My mate."

He stills at my words before something dark flickers in his eyes. He makes his way towards me until he's sitting on the opposite couch. I can tell that he's not going to let me leave until I tell him the whole story. I lean forward with a sigh and rest my arms on my thighs.

"I met Vincent Ross a few months after you left. He's the Red River pack's Alpha in Vancouver and we knew we were mates when he came over for a meeting. Everything was great...until I felt him cheating on me."

Atticus growls angrily and his fists clench tightly as he tries to calm himself.

"Turns out he didn't want me as his Luna but since I am his true mate he wants to keep me around so I can give him strong heirs." I whisper at the end and feel disgusted by the man who was supposed to love and care for me.

I jump in surprise when Atticus snarls dangerously before leaving his seat to pace the length of the room. "Tell me you rejected each other?"

I shake my head while running a hand through my hair. "He accepted me into his pack when things were fine but that means that every time I try to reject him he commands me not to and my wolf submits."

"Olivia..." He trails off with a deep scowl on his lips.

"I can't help it. The command is too strong and I can't fight it." A broken sob escapes me as I feel so helpless at this point. "My own family turned on me because Vincent fed them lies about me cheating on him. My brother was the one who told Vincent that you and I used to date. Vincent threatened me that if I don't come back with information then he's going to make me a rogue and ensure that I'm killed."

"I won't let that happen." He states firmly with determination in his eyes.

"Atticus, no I –" I protest but am cut off by him.

"We are not arguing over this, Livi." He thunders but the mention of his nickname for me has my tummy doing flips.

He crouches down before me and cups my cheek with his right hand. I feel the warmth of his skin radiating onto mine. His hazel eyes stare into my emeralds and I feel a sense of calm wash over me. His other arm rests lightly on my hip which makes my eyes widen in surprise. A boyish smirk graces his plump lips and his eyes shine with amusement over how flustered I have become. Goddess this takes me back to how I felt for him when we used to be together. Leaning down his lips brush against my ear and he hesitates before speaking.

"Stay?"

Vote if you are enjoying this story!

Chapter 3 is already up on Inkitt and you'll find more about Atticus' mate in it! Click the link in my bio or announcement post to read my book faster!

1. Download the app

2. Follow my profile

3. Put my book in your reading list!

Update schedule is: every Monday, Wednesday & Friday!

- R.W. ♡

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

273K 5K 51
Original and un-edited version of my first book "The Kings Luna" In all it's grammar errors and cheesy snd boring storyline . !!Disclaimer!! This bo...
1.2M 42.9K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
24.6K 754 19
Preview: I feel the blood running down my head from the attack. I try to move but my hands are pulled back from the silver chains on tied to the wal...
1.2M 46.9K 31
Book 4 of The Alpha Series! Cannot be read as a standalone book! Highest rank: #1 in Werewolf genre on 06/11/2019! Amelia Reid and Ivan Romanov were...