In The Spotlight

By rwinawrites

Xavier wants out. All his life he's had to endure the pains of being a celebrity. As the days go on, Xavier'... More

In The Spotlight
{ Chapter 1 }
{ Chapter 2 }
{ Chapter 3 }
{ Chapter 4 }
{ Chapter 5 }
{ Chapter 6 }
{ Chapter 7 }
{ Chapter 8 }
{ Chapter 10 }
{ Chapter 11 }
{ Chapter 12 }
{ Chapter 13 }
{ Chapter 14 }
{ Chapter 15 }
{ Chapter 16 }
{ Chapter 17 }
{ Chapter 18 }
{ Chapter 19 }
Wattpad Was Acting Up
{ Chapter 20 }
{ Chapter 21 }
{ Chapter 22 }
{ Chapter 23 }
{ Chapter 24 }
{ Chapter 25 }
{ Chapter 26 }
{ Chapter 27 }
{ Chapter 28 }
{ Chapter 29 }
{ Chapter 30 }
{ Chapter 31}
{ Chapter 32 }
{ Chapter 33 }
Chapter 34
{ Chapter 35 }
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Epilouge
......There's A Sequel !
Actually, There Isn't

{ Chapter 9 }

164 6 1
By rwinawrites

(Before you read this chapter im sorry to all my haitian brothers and sisters for my terrible Creole I tried google translate but -.- it didnt work so yeaa lool)

Xavier POV

Today was the first day of my short vacation from the industry. I was excited! I had been packing up all my clothes, my electronics, basically anything essential in my life.

After packing up my stuff for 2 and a half hours, I was done. Just as I was about to sit down in my comfy looking couch, my phone rang.

Sighing I walked towards the sound of Adore You by Miley Cyrus, I amswered my phone. All the while looking longingly at my comfy, soft, empty couch.

"Hello?" I answered, running my hand through my hair, feeling a bit annoyed about being interrupted from my relaxation time.

"Xavier, it's me Tracey!" My manager exclaimed over the phone, I frowned why was she so excited.

"Uh, hey Tracey, what's up?" I replied, but didn't mention her abnormal state of happiness.

" Alright, you know how I'm managing Kesley as of now?" I 'hmm'ed in reply. "Well, today she had her first audition and guess what?" Tracey squealed.

I was walking toward the couch while Tracey explained all of this and just as I was about to sit down and guess she told me what was so exciting.

" Kesley made the audition for Silva Da Santos's up and coming show Living & Loving Diana !" Tracey squealed.

I was so shocked I stood right back up. "Incredible! Silva Da Santos is one of the most wanted to work with Director and Producer, the fact that she made her audition for her first and highly anticipated show is just. . . mind blowing!" I exclaimed over the phone. I had to go an congratulate her in person.

I looked down at my watch to see that it was only 2:30 pm, "Tracey, I'll call you back later. I've got to go." After ending the call with Tracey I made my way to the nearest Wal-Mart and bought Kelsey's favorite chocolates and a bouquet of white roses. Then headed towards Kelsey's apartment.

---------------

Knock, knock, knock.

"Who is it ?" An unfamiliar voice called from the inside of Kelsey's apartment called.

Clearing my throat slightly I replied. "It's. .uh Xavier, I'm here for Kelsey."

After a few short seconds of silence, I heard the clicking of the door unlocking before it was slowly opened to reveal a short medium toned African-American women. She didn't look anything like Kelsey so I was a bit worried if I had gotten the wrong house.

"You're Xavier France?" She questioned as she leaned on the door frame. I just nodded in reply unsure of what to say. After a few more awkward moments she let me in. "I'm Tara, Kesley's younger sister. Doubt she's mentioned me but she talkes about you a lot, come on in."

She smiled at me a bit more warmly, but I still felt awkward, so I stood in the small but homely living room unsure of what I should say or do. Just as I was about to start my fail attempt at small talk a familiar voice rang throught the apartment.

"Tara, where did you put the Coco Butter? " An exasperated Kesley walked into the room, in only a pair of shorts and a plain white oversized t-shirt with the words You Ain't Got Nothing On Me written in cursive. Kesley stopped as soon as she noticed me.

Still feeling awkward I gave a small smile and a uncomfortably stiff wave. "Hi."

Kelsey blinked. "What are you doing here?" She asked bluntly. I could feel myself start to blush, in the background I could hear Tara start to cough to cover up her laughter.

Smiling awkwardly I replied. "Um. . I wanted to congratulate you on getting the main role in Living & Loving Diana." I mumbled.

Kelsey's eyes widened, then out of no where she let out a high pitched scream. "I-I got the role? Oh my gosh I have to call mom and dad and Grama and Papa... ehhh ooo gadé oun coze mesye ohhh*." She started out in english but then contined in Creole.

I didn't know she was Haitian, what a surprise. Lucky me I had a Haitian aunt who's Haitian roots ran deep. She even taught me a few things.

"Ou poko conne cosé sa*? Didn't Tracey call you?" I spoke, Kesley stopped squealing to herself long enough to laugh at me and my rough Creole speaking skills.

"Oh my gosh, don't kill me. That's actually so cute. How do you know Creole?" She giggled while talking to me.

I pouted I thought I sounded good. "My uncle's wife, aka my aunt, is Haitian and she taught me and my little brother some things." I explained. "But that's not important, I came here to congratulate you on your success. " I handed her the chocolate and the bouquet of flowers with a big smile.

She beamed in happiness, "Xavier, you didn't have to a 'Congrats' would have been enough. "

I shook my head denying what she was saying. "But Kelsey you made your first audition, and you made it for one of the most top dog producers there is right now." I exclaimed.

She just smiled and blushed. "I'll just go put these away." She said, referring to the gifts I brought her.

I nodded, before sitting down on the couch, with no interruptions!

Suddenly I felt someone sit next to me, when I turned I found that it was Tara. Smiling I spoke. "Hey, I'd like to properly introduce myslef. I'm Xavier, it nice to meet you."

Frowning and looking a bit amused, Tara replied. "You really do suck at small talk don't you?"

I laughed, scratching the back of my head. "Uh. .yeah. I've never really had to do it so sorry for my lack of 'small talk' skills." I said.

She just grinned at me. "It's alright, don't beat yourself up about it we all stink at something." Standing back up she motioned to the kitchen with her hand. "Want something to drink or eat? We were about to have dinner, it's almost done,you can join us if you'd like."

Not wanting to be rude, and I haven't eaten since breakfast, I agreed.

After eating dinner, macaroni au gratin and fried platine best food in the world. We cleaned up the table.

"Ok, I'm going to go. Be back by Tuesday." Tara exclaimed as soon as the table was clean before leaving the house.

Kelsey rolled her eyes, mumbling to herself. "She's going to get kidnapped some day and no one wil find her cause of this behavior. "

I chuckled. Shaking my head, "Why don't you tell her not to go?" I questioned her curiously sitting on her couch.

As I waited for a reply Kesley walked into the kitchen and put away her cleaning supplies and sat next to me. "Because she's a grown girl, she needs to make her own decisions. I can't control her life, although I wish she let me in sometimes."

I nodded, understanding how she felt. I haven't been in my brothers life for a while so I know how it feels like when siblings don't let you in.

Sitting up from her previous position on the couch, Kesley clapped her hands together. "Okay! Let's stop talking about sad stuff. Wanna watch a movie?" She asked.

"Sure, whatchu' got?" I replied, leaning back against the couch, darping my arm agianst the back of the couch.

Kelsey grinned."I have Netflix, the possibilities are endless."

I chuckled, shaking my head before looking through the movie options.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Translations....roughly :

-"OMG what a story OMG" Ita kind of her being super excited and she can't believe it.

-"Oh you didn't know about this yet?"

A/N: heyyy omg I swear you can be angry at me as much as you want cause I deserve it.....considering the fact I haven't updated since October. .hehe

But imma try to be better but exams are in a month ughh and then a new semester is comming up and goshhhhh so I cant promise anything but ill try to update one chapter before Christmas

But thats not important!! I updated somethibg right? Hope you guys enjoy.

Vote!

Comment!

Enjoy!

Fan!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 238 7
This book is about thugs basicly teaching people about how most thugs are deep down inside they just dot want to show is because they suppose to be "...
131K 3K 56
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
300K 18.2K 40
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
226K 1.2K 33
This is a mix of different animes that have smut in them