The Empire Of The Rose

By BellaDemont

It's time for the final battle... This time there is no going back; finally, Alice is face to face with the m... More

Preface
Prologue: The Decision
Sweet Despair [I]
Sweet Despair [II]
Sweet Despair [III]
A Risk Worth Taking [I]
A Risk Worth Taking [II]
A Risk Worth Taking [III]
Our Dirty Secret [I]
Our Dirty Secret [II]
Our Dirty Secret [III]
Decoy [I]
Decoy [II]
Decoy [III]
Faking It [I]
Faking It [II]
Faking It [III]
A Caged Dove [I]
A Caged Dove [II]
A Caged Dove [III]
A Second Chance [I]
A Second Chance [III]
The Outside World [I]
The Outside World [II]
The Outside World [III]
Our Reality [I]
Our Reality [II]
Our Reality [III]
Destined to Die [I]
Destined to Die [II]
Destined to Die [III]
Fighter [I]
Fighter [II]
Fighter [III]
Antonio's Love [I]
Antonio's Love [II]
Antonio's Love [III]
Sired [I]
Sired [II]
Sired [III]
Twisted Ways [I]
Twisted Ways [II]
Twisted Ways [III]
The Falcon Bloodline [I]
The Falcon Bloodline [II]
The Falcon Bloodline [III]
Last Straw [I]
Last Straw [II]
The Last Straw [III]
Bringing Death Back [I]
Bringing Death Back [II]
Bringing Death Back [III]
Something Unexpected [I]
Something Unexpected [II]
Something Unexpected [III]
Dark Arts [I]
Dark Arts [II]
Dark Arts [III]
A New Empire [I]
A New Empire [II]
A New Empire [III]
Epilogue: Spreading Wings
Extra

A Second Chance [II]

216 12 0
By BellaDemont

Panic rushed through my body as I raced down the stairs; I could hear the hammering of my heart on my ears constantly drowning Andrew who was screaming my name as he followed close on my steps. Without the red gem my senses were sharper but either way I wasn't actually guiding myself with that but with the feeling I was feeling I was getting, this gut feeling that had started everything tonight.

Before I knew it I had somehow passed through the long hallway and ended on the back part of the motel, I walked this time slowly trying to decode what I was supposed to do next now that I saw that my gut feeling had lead me to nowhere.

"Stop right where you are, or I'll shoot you down." A voice said behind me.

I stopped cold on my tracks and didn't move.

"Look I don't have any money on me or anything like that, but my boyfriend will be here at any moment." I lied as I thought about it, I could easily outrun the bullet but that would be bound to draw more attention.

"I'm not interested in your bloody money, vamp." The voice said, it was clear to me that the voice belonged to a woman and that she was not a vampire or anything like that given that I could smell the two rare herbs coming from her, vervain and wolfsbane.

"You carry vervain and wolfsbane on you, why?" I asked curious for once, it was odd simple as that because I knew that she was not a huntress, not by how she was controlling the whole situation.

"I'll be the one asking the questions here, now turn around but do it slowly, I don't want you to try anything vamp." The woman ordered.

I rolled my eyes at her but eventually did as I was told.

When I turned around I wasn't really expecting to find this unusual sight in front of me, the woman was an elder lady with blonde hair and green eyes, to be honest she seemed extremely familiar to me but what really surprised me was the fact that she was holding a baby in her arms, it was him.

"Kyle." I said, his name rolling off my lips so naturally.

I didn't notice I had taken a step until the woman raised her gun making it click when she took off the safety lock.

"Stop right there and don't dare to take another step more." The woman said warning me.

It seemed that the volume of her voice had startled the baby waking him up; Kyle looked up until his blue eyes met mine.

He gave a small scream in delight as he started to struggle trying to free himself, after all he had my blood before, and our bond still existed.

I gave a small laugh as I felt my eyes get watery trying to fight the urge to walk up to him and take him in my arms.

"For how long you have been following us?" The woman snarled at me.

I blinked looking at her confused.

"I haven't been following you; I don't know who you are to begin with." I said in my defense as I thought about Andrew, what had held him back?

"Do you expect me to believe that all of this is a merely coincidence?" The woman told me, but I simply ignored her, my gaze set on Kyle who was now crying still struggling to be free from the woman's grip.

"Where did you find him?" I asked as I looked at Kyle, he seemed to be unharmed, but he was bigger than I last remembered.

Everything was pushing me towards him; I was practically yearning to have him in my arms.

"That is none of your business, but the boy seems to be familiar with you, why?" The woman asked me.

I smiled at Kyle.

"That's because I'm his mother." I told her honestly, Kyle was mine since the day I held him in my arms.

The woman looked at me and laughed.

"Nice try vamp, but I know for a fact that the parents of this child were murdered." The woman told me.

I gave a tired sigh.

"What I meant was that I'm his adoptive mother, but we share a bond as you seen it yourself since it led me back to him." I said explaining.

"If you're the so-called mother of the child then explain to me why you weren't with the child to begin with?" The woman told me.

"That's because we were torn from my side, taken against my very own will." I snapped as angry tears spilled down my cheeks.

The woman stared at me intently before she smiled, seeing this was nothing but unsettling given the fact that I had no idea what was going through her maddening head.

"You must be Alice Wythman then." The woman told me.

I looked at her indifferently trying to not show my anger at the mention of that last name, I did no longer wish to be related to that bloody woman who had once dared to call herself my very own family only to betray me later on.

"I do no longer do by that name, I'm Miss Pierce now." I told her dryly.

The woman stared at me in deep thought before she spoke.

"You don't know who I am, do you?" She asked.

"To be honest with you I have no idea." I told her truthfully.

"You resemble so much your dear mother and just like her you possess the same wildfire Anna Falcon had." She told me.

I frowned at her confused.

"Who are you?" I asked her.

"I'm Dahlia Wythman, now I know you have had previous disliking with our family name, my daughter Natashia made sure of tainting our family name but I assure you Alice that my husband Henry and I never did anything wrong, since she came to our lives as a newborn baby we loved your mother so dearly, I guess that is why Natashia was always jealous but we did as we were told, we loved and raised Sophie as if she was our own." Dahlia explained to me as she finally lowered her gun.

"How did you get a hold of Kyle?" I asked her.

"He was brought to me by your mother." Dahlia said as she gazed at Kyle who was still fussing over me.

"My mother, what do you mean by that?" I asked her confused.

"Not your actual mum but the woman who raised you, Eva; she called my husband and I to Russia where she handed us the baby claiming that we should take him, that we had to kept him safe. But judging by your expression I take it that you didn't know about this." Dahlia told me.

I shook my head and slowly got closer to them.

"I thought he was dead, but now everything seems to be better seeing him like this, perfectly fine." I said with silent tears as I touched Kyle's cheek making him calm down with my touch.

Suddenly a wolf cry echoed throughout the night making a shiver run down my spine.

"They've found us." Dahlia said frighten as she looked around.

"Alice, the wolves are not far from here; we need to leave now." Andrew said suddenly appearing by my side.

I ignored him and instead looked at Dahlia.

"You said that the wolves found you, are they following you?" I asked her.

"They have been trying to track us down, you name it, werewolves, witches and vampires they all seem to want the child, I guess it's because of his bond with you. The wolves somehow managed to find us in the cabin that is not far from here." Dahlia told me.

"You were the ones in the cabin? No wonder I felt so drawn to that place." I told her.

Dahlia nodded.

"My husband Henry sacrificed himself by staying behind to fight off the wolves, he's gone now and there is so much little that I can do to protect this child in my condition so you and your boyfriend must take him with you after all his rightful place is by your side." Dahlia said before she handed me Kyle who was more than pleased to come with me.

I looked at Dahlia and smiled.

"Thank you for keeping him safe and taking care of him when I couldn't." I told her.

"Of course and know Alice that your mum would be just as proud as I am to see what a marvelous young lady you've become." Dahlia said hugging me before she ran off heading to where the wolves were; she was going to stall them.

"Who was that?" Andrew asked me confused.

"That was my grandmother, the woman who raised my mum. Now come on, we have to get out of here as soon as possible since Dahlia won't be able to stall them for long." I told him.

Andrew seemed to be shocked and a bit lost, but he eventually nodded.

We quickly went upstairs and entered the room slamming our door walking up Riley and Eleanor.

"What the bloody hell is wrong with you two?" Riley snarled making me take a step back as Kyle started to cry, he could clearly sense my fear and there was no possible way to comfort him now.

"Alice, where did you get that baby from?" Eleanor asked clearly confused as she sat up and got out of bed.

"There is no time to explain, we need to get out of here now." Andrew snarled at the before he fastens my red gem around my neck and started to pack everything as fast as he could.

"Why are we leaving now Andrew? Why don't we stay here for the rest of the night?" Riley asked as she stood there annoyed.

Well she wasn't the only one who found this rather annoying above everything; all I could think about was getting Kyle and Eleanor out of here before they could get hurt.

"Because if we do, we'll end up being dog food, we'll end up being eaten." I snapped at her angry, we were just wasting time with her.

"Did the werewolves..." Eleanor said trailing off as she met my gaze full of fear.

I nodded.

"They found us, which is why we need to get out of here now." I told her as I tried to make Kyle stop crying, he was just afraid as I was.

"What about the baby?" Eleanor asked as she looked at Kyle and I clearly still confused by how I had ended up with a baby in a place like this.

"He is coming with us, now let's go." Andrew said as he grabbed my hand and started to lead the way.

Once we reached outside, I looked around knowing that little by little the wolves were surrounding us.

"Alice, we have a tiny problem." Eleanor told me as she looked around as well.

"What is it?" I asked.

"We don't have a car." Andrew said making me curse.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 901 59
After discovering the whole truth about a world, she thought she knew Alice is now torn and alone in this new battle. With being unable to know who...
826K 22.9K 30
Emma: shy, traumatized, and an ex-wild child. Duke: violent, abusive, and out for revenge. Ryder: sarcastic, sexy, and champion MMA fighter. Emma is...
57.9K 5.8K 60
It's Millie's final year at university, however there seem to be more pressing matters than writing her dissertation and completing her uni work. No...
163K 3.3K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...