Number Neighbour » h.s

By harrylilies

Where Nina texts her number neighbour and applies as Harry Styles' new photographer. [ real life x oc ] [ soc... More

Prologue
Characters
[one]
[two]
[three]
[four]
[five]
[six]
[seven]
[eight]
[ten]
[eleven]
[twelve]
[thirteen]
[fourteen]
[fifteen]
[sixteen]
[seventeen]
important A/N
[eighteen]
[nineteen]
[twenty]
[twenty one]
[twenty two]
[twenty three]
[twenty four]
[twenty five]
[twenty six]
[twenty seven]
[twenty eight]
[twenty nine]
[thirty]
[thirty one]
[thirty two]
[thirty three: final]
Epilogue
blurbs & one shots
[63rd grammy's]
[love on tour: vegas]
[harryween II]

[nine]

11.2K 320 184
By harrylilies

[Text Message]
{ Harry S., Nina }

Nina:
you haven't told me where we're going

Nina changed Harry S. to Harry.

Harry:
I probably should have, I'm sorry
Make sure you wear something comfortable
Do you like trampolines?

Nina:
i love trampolines

Harry:
Great!
That's all I'm saying. Can't wait to see you. x

Nina:
can't wait to see you too x

outfit of the night:

[Text Message]
{ Mick🥬, Nini📷 }

Nini📷:
it's happening
i'm 20 minutes away from going on mine and harry's date
i'm so nervous shakahehejsnalaj

Mick🥬:
Oh trust me, he's losing his mind for sure.

Nini📷:
you hype me up so well

Mick🥬:
As I shooouuld
I'm sure you look beautiful right now

Nini📷:
I think I'm a little undressed for a date???
but harry told me to wear comfortable clothes
something about trampolines!!!!

Mick🥬:
Trampolines? 😯

Nini📷:
yes!!!! so exciting
i've never been on a first date that was anything but dinner
and i feel that this somewhat explains why i'm single

Mick🥬:
So trampolines in a first date is a good sign?

Nini📷:
it so is :)
THE DOOR RANG
BYE, MICK
WISH ME LUCK💞💓💗🥰

Nina hurried towards the door, only slowing down to take a deep breath and brush her hair with her hand before twisting the doorknob.

Harry released a breath of relief once he saw her, bouquet of lilies in his hand. "Thank God it's you. I rang the other flat and- did you know the old lady beside you, Theresa, had 9 cats and 5 new kittens?"

Nina laughed, noticing how good and casual he looked. He was in a white shirt and cream coloured flared trousers, hair perfectly messy. "I specifically told you I have a camera sticker on my door."

Harry smiled sheepishly, giving Nina a shrug before shaking his head and holding the bouquet up. "I got you these. I don't know your favour-Oh God, are you allergic?"

Nina took a step forward, stepping closer to him as his smile faltered, beginning to think about how stupid he was to not make sure if she was allergic or not beforehand. But Nina leaned forward and pecked his cheek, "I'm not allergic. I love them."

For the second time, Harry let out a sigh of relief, handing her the bouquet. "I'm sorry, I'm a bloody mess." He chuckled, following her inside her flat when she motioned for him to come inside.

Looking over her shoulder as she walked towards the vase her parents had gifted her when she first moved out, Nina smiled. "Don't worry. So am I."

Harry smiled to himself, finally feeling his mind begin to be at ease. He didn't know how she did it but she was so effortlessly beautiful.
He then remembered when his mum told him that usually, people with pure hearts tend to always look beautiful and he found that soothing.

Nina was adding water to the flowers as Harry managed to tear his eyes from her and to what was around them.
Her flat screamed "minimalism" and he loved that. Frames were decorating the white walls, adding a cosy feeling. Pictures of her with a lot of people he had never seen, one was the same one he saw as her lockscreen), one with Chris and one of her, maybe a few years younger, hugging a dog with the biggest grin on her face.

"Do you want to drink something?" She asked, approaching him.

Harry smiled, shaking his head. "No, thank you. I'm kind of hoping we'd have milkshakes after."

Nina grinned excitedly, "What are we waiting for then?"

Harry giggled, watching her put on her cross bag.

"You look beautiful. Very, very lovely." Harry commented as they walked towards his car after descending the stairs.

Nina tried to contain her smile, looking at him after a second. "You look very, very lovely, too."

Harry smiled, not thinking before reached forward to kiss her cheek before opening the passenger door for her.

He wanted to kiss her. He wanted to kiss her so bad.
He wanted to sneak in a kiss or two, hold her hand as he drove, place his hand on her thigh, he wanted all of it.

But what they both got wasn't awkward, too. Belting out Wannabe by Spice Girls and singing to it wasn't bad. Neither even was Nina choosing Love Story by Taylor Swift bad, they had a good laugh.

It took them some songs from 2012 to reach the destination.
Nina thought it was bizarre how they were the only car in the parking space, but chose not to comment.

She didn't know the source of the profound confidence that engulfed her but all it took was for Harry's hand to brush against hers as they walked for her to place her hand in his, both of them aware of how fitting they were.

Harry didn't let go of her hand when he shook a man's hand with his right one. "Mr. Styles, it's an honour."

"Thank you so much, Rudd. I'm sorry it was a short notice."

"Oh no," Rudd waved him off before glancing at Nina, "Anything for a good date."

Nina giggled quietly, although confused but still amused. But then she took notice of how empty the place was as they walked towards the room that had the trampolines, smiling back at the workers who smiled and looked at her and Harry on their way.

Nina tugged on Harry's hand, making him lean down a little so he can hear her. "Did you rent the place?"

The grin on Harry's face would've sufficed as an answer. "Might have."

"You're unbelievable."

"What?" He asked jokingly, thanking Rudd quickly as he opened the door to the trampolines, the colourful trampolines coming into sight, "All ours."

They both, with wide grins on their faces, took off their shoes and placed them in a locker before looking at each other. "Race you to the blue one!" Nina said excitedly before dashing off, Harry following closely with a "Heeeey, you cheated!"

She was right about to reach the trampoline when Harry's hands were then wrapped around her waist, pulling her close to his chest before turning them around so his back was against the edge of the trampoline. "I win!"

"Heeey," Nina laughed as she mimicked him, turning around his arms, "No, I did. You cheated."

"So did you." He giggled, leaning down to press a short and soft kiss to the corner of her mouth, making her flustered. "Come on."

Music was then played, all upbeat. Harry and Nina jumped around, showing each other a few moves and flips as they did.
There was basketball that they could play, both of them getting way too excited.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" Harry said in a commentator's tone, standing behind Nina who held the ball in her hands as she jumped slightly, giggling at Harry. "We're witnessing the Nina Maye Brown make her debut in basketball. And...she shoots!" Nina threw the ball, watching it get into the net, "And she scores!"

Neither of them thought before Nina jumped in his arms, Harry cheering loudly for her.
"First of all, I want to thank my fans." Nina said dramatically, using one arm to wrap it around Harry, wiping an imaginary tear with her other hand.

Harry bursted out laughing, throwing his head back and closing his eyes as he did.

"Your turn." Nina grinned, pulling away to grab him the ball and hand it to him. She cleared her throat, clenching her hand and raising it to her mouth as if she was holding a microphone. "Singer, actor, model and now, an athlete. Harry Styles takes the world by a storm again!"

Harry laughed before pretending to wipe sweat off of his forehead, exhaling as he stood in Nina's previous position in front of the net.

"Will he make it? Or will he stick to his other 100 job titles? There's only one way to find out." She said in a low voice, "And he shoots,"
Harry threw the ball, again getting it into the net, "And he scooooores! What a man!"

Harry was giggling at her as he grabbed her by her shirt, wrapping his arms around her in a hug, his heart racing in delight as she giggled against him, wrapping her arms tightly around his waist. Nina looked up at him, moving her hands to his chest, giving him, what he thought, the most adorable smile he had ever seen.

"Do I have to wait till I drive you back home, walk you up, to kiss you?" Harry asked quietly, looking into her eyes.

"No," She answered quietly, looking at his lips before looking back into his eyes, a smile ghosting over her lips. "You don't have to."

Call it cliché but their lips fit so well against each other.

Every time Harry kissed her, and as someone whose passion was music, he felt like it resembled a rhythm; one that no instrument could play.
It was like music went off in his head, all genres at once but it didn't give him a headache or a hard time understanding, only captivating him and begging him to be explored over and over again.

They both slowly pulled away, dorky smiles on their faces as they kissed on a trampoline.

"I can't wait to spend the days in Italy with you, you know that?" Harry asked softly, pecking her lips.

Nina hummed, moving one hand to his cheek, "I've never been to Italy."

"Yeah?"

She hummed again with a slight nod, "Think you can give me a tour there?"

"Think I'm ready to explore all the places I missed with you."

Nina's mind wasn't her best friend. She liked following her heart. She loved following her heart.
She didn't like overthinking her next word or move, she was spontaneous an she loved that about herself.
But make a girl go through a heartbreak and her mind will point out everything that can go wrong.

She wanted to kiss Harry more. She wanted to kiss him when he opened doors for her, when he helped her buckle her seatbelt, when he told her he wanted to listen to whatever music she liked. Her heart wanted that, her mind reminded her of the memories she wanted to erase.

There were moments when her heart had full control. Like when she kissed Harry for the first time or when she agreed to go on a date with him or when she chose to share dessert with him as they drank milkshakes.

Mick knew about her struggles, Harry, supposedly, didn't.

"I was actually thinking about adopting a cat after we come back from Italy." She said before taking a spoonful of the molten cake with ice cream they were having.

Harry's face twisted into excitement, "My mum has cats. We love them."

"Really? I love cats, too. They're just, so cute and cuddly and arseholes, I love them."

Harry chuckled, "They can be. I was meaning to have a cat but she's been staying with my mum because I'm busy. Her name's Evie."

"That's a cute name. Do you have a picture?"

"Yeah, wait." Harry reached in his pocket, taking out his phone, "There," He mumbled, the screen of his phone lighting up in his hand, showing the last message.

From Nini📷.

Harry quickly deleted the notification and put his phone on airplane mode as he held his breath, before opening his photos and getting a picture of Evie, turning the phone to show Nina.

"Oh my God," She cooed, leaning forward to see the cat more clearly, "How can you not have her live with you? Look at that face."

"She's adorable. Too adorable to be left alone." He replied, putting his phone back in his pocket, relief washing over him.

"Have you packed up yet?"

Harry nodded, "I have. Have you?"

Nina shook her head, "Might have been procrastinating. I'm going to do it tomorrow."

"You kind of have to, we're leaving the day after." He teased, bumping her foot with his.

Nina mimicked him before chuckling.

"I told Jeff about your idea," Harry began, "Hosting a competition for photographers?"

Nina hummed an nodded excitedly, urging him to go on.

"He thinks it's a great idea, just should be limited. We'll let people send in their portfolios, filter from them, then do the idea you told me. I'd have my picture taken and my mum decides." He smiled, watching Nina's face beam.

"That's wonderful! Nerve wrecking, yes," She nodded, "But wonderful. Thank you." She smiled, reaching to hold his hands, "You've been doing everything to make me feel comfortable and I just- It means a lot to me."

Nina didn't expect Harry to hold her hands and lean to kiss her knuckles softly, the soft gesture making her heart flutter. "At your own pace, love."

She looked around her, leaning forward and resting her elbows on the table, still holding Harry's hands. "Um," She smiled, "You know how you mentioned walking me up my flat and kissing me?"

Harry instantly smiled, nodding.

"Think we should get to that?"

The two grinning adorkables were soon in Harry's car, driving to Nina's flat with soft music playing.

Only this time, Harry held Nina's hand as he drove. He managed to sneak a kiss when the lights were red. He shamelessly stared at her as she sang softly and recorded them with her phone.

There was no point in denying the growing feelings he had for her. And maybe their stay in Italy had only good things in store for them.

But until they travelled, Harry and Nina happily kissed by her door.
His hands tangled softly in her hair, hers on his cheeks, bodies against one another, they both kissed hungrily, yet so softly.

It wasn't until Nina whispered those two words that Harry realised she meant something beyond his physical existence. Those two words that made him ask himself "what happened to her?".

"Don't leave."

Her eyes were closed, face flushed, almost panting from their kiss.
Harry placed a soft kiss on her mouth, moving his hands to cup her face.

"I'm here."

//

i'm v soft

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 27.1K 126
──── 𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 ❛ lately you've been on my 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 ❜ ﹙𝗌𝗈𝖼𝗂𝖺𝗅 𝗆𝖾𝖽𝗂𝖺 𝗑 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗅 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾 ﹚ ﹙ 𝗁𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗒 𝗌𝗍𝗒�...
452K 9.2K 64
"you're never going to read this, are you?" ~~~~ Ellie Potts has it all. The friends. The grades. The perfect, stereotypical, Instagram life. ...
150K 1.9K 74
A story between Hazel Green, a photographer and Harry Styles, a famous singer. @harrystyles started following you ...
466K 3.2K 20
Smut filled adventure with Harry, your friend