The Thug across the street

By ForeverHisWife

Chester Jennings is a guy that does what he has to do to survive. He's 22 years old. He's seen his share of t... More

Chapter 1: Neighbors
Chapter 2: Stick Up Kid
Chapter 3: Baby Mama
Chapter 4: Must be nice
Chapter 5: Reunited and it Feels so good
Chapter 7: Christmas Spirit

Chapter 6: Friday the 13th

25 2 4
By ForeverHisWife

December Friday 13th

Fantasias POV

I woke up this morning got myself and Elijah dressed. Then made breakfast for us all before going back upstairs to wake up Chester. He has to take me to work and drop off Elijah to daycare since I still haven't gotten a new car. He says he doesn't mind ya staying over here cause he likes the company. Once I got the food done and on the table I told Elijah to come eat and Chester up. I went into Liyah's room and got her dressed like Chester asked me to do. I got her dressed. Went downstairs with her in my arms and made her a bottle.

"Mommy I don't want to go to daycare today." Elijah whines.

"Elijah, cut that whining out right now and you have to go to daycare cause mommy has to work." I tell him

"Mommy can't I just stay with Mr. Jennings? I don't want to see Fantasy today."

"Elijah no he has business to handle you're going to daycare. What happened with you and Fantasy. You told me you had a good time with her and you uncle yesterday."

"I did have fun with uncle he got me a lot of clothes and toys for at his house and said I can come over whenever. But Fantasy was being mean telling me I need to get my own dad and leave hers alone." He tells me.

"I'll talk to your uncle about it." I tell him as Chester comes down and sits down to eat his food.

We still have bout 15 minutes before we need to leave for everybody to be on time. I head back upstairs grab Liyahs heavy winter jacket and her car seat.

"I got some stuff to do this morning lil man." I hear Chester saying as I'm walking down the stairs.

"Ok. I understand I just don't want to go to daycare today."

"Elijah don't get your lil ass whopped. I told you that you're going to daycare now that's that." I tell him. He knows better then to go behind my back and ask somebody something when I just gave him an answer.

"See I was going say I see if my mom would keep you so you could hang with Liyah. But now you got ask your mom and do something nice for her since you went behind her back."

We're in the car and Elijah still hasn't asked me if he can stay with Chester's mom. So looks like he's going to daycare today. First we're going to drop off Liyah.

"Momma." Elijah says

"Yes, son what can I help you with?" I ask.

"Is it ok if I go with Liyah to her Grandmas house today?" He asks

"That's fine. If she wants to watch you. If not you have to go to daycare."

"I already talked to her. She said it's fine. But that wasn't all the agreement. What are you going to do for your momma Elijah?" Chester responds.

"I'm going make her a Christmas present."

We just pulled up to his moms house. I open the door and get Liyah out since she was sitting behind me. Chester got Elijah out the car and we walked up to his moms. I started to knock but Chester just opened the door and sucked his teeth.

"Mom what I tell you bout leaving your door unlocked?"

"Boy I heard you pulling up shut up!" She says coming out of the kitchen.

"Good morning. Mr. Jennings said you said I can stay with you and Liyah today. I'm Elijah and this is my momma." Elijah says.

"Good morning. And yes you can. Let me give your mom my number. Then we can go eat breakfast." She tells him

"Okay. I could eat." Elijah says like he didn't just eat breakfast before we left home.

"Elijah you just ate. I made breakfast." I say.

"Ohh he's fine child. He's a growing boy.
I'm momma Aaliyah by the way. You must be Fantasia and that's Elijah. My sons told me about you since the whole incident when he was backing out. It's nice to meet you." Momma Aaliyah says.

"It's nice to meet you too."

We exchanged numbers and I told her to call me if he gets to acting up and I'll call the daycare and let him know he will be coming in. Chester just dropped me off to work. The first half of the day I'm being the receptionist so I'll be checking the patients in and calling the patients names and sending them to the correct exam room. After that I'll be being a phlebotomists the second half.

Chester's Pov

It was nice having that home cooked meal that Fantasia made us. I've been enjoying the time that we been spending together. Right now I'm pulling up at the trap to try and get to the bottom of the missing money and product situation. Hopefully it don't take too long so that I can go get lil man and Liyah. I be missing my baby when she's gone. I don't understand how dead beat parents can not be around so easily. Attempting to live their best life like they don't have a child. Like my dead beat ass baby momma. I don't even like the term. If she was doing her job I would call her the mother of my child but she's not. I dropped the kids and Fantasia off. Now time to handle business.

"Everybody in the meeting room now!" I yell out after about 45 mins of watching video surveillance trying to see who's taking shit that they don't have business taking. Nobody besides T knows that there's hidden cameras in the product room for this exact reason.

I waited a few mins to let everybody get in and make sure nobody was missing. I'm pissed off even more because now none of my corner boys are outside making money because we had to have this meeting with everybody.

"Y'all know why we having this meeting?" I ask

"We getting a raise?" Somebody says

"Nah, negative wrong. Very wrong. It seems that we have a thief on our hands. So we need get to the bottom of it. Anybody want to confess to it?" I inform them.

"Well boss I seen E go in the room the other day a couple of times. And he would be in there for some time." The same dude spoke up.

"You're a got damn lie nigga. Get that shit up off me. You ain't see E do a got damn thing but his job. It's probably your ass since you wanna point the finger on a innocent person." E says getting up and swinging on dude with out warning.

I let them fight for a few mins before I had some of the boys break it up. That's what dude gets for trying lie on somebody. I would have done the exact same thing. Nah. I probably would have shot the nigga to be honest.

"That would be correct E. I seen it was with my own eyes. Who you working for?" I walk up on ole dude and ask him.

"I'm working for you boss what you mean?" Dude asks me turning his face up.

"What I mean is I seen with my own eyes you taking shit so why you trying to lie on E? So again who you working for?" I ask pulling out my gun before some caught my eye. A nigga in the corner looking suspicious. I have T tap ole dude and make him look my way. Well I'll be damned it's twins.

"It was either you or your brother." I tell the original dude.

"I don't kn kno kn know nothing. I didn't st steal aaa anything." He stutters back.

"Ok so what you're saying is it wasn't you so it was your brother?" I say.

"Yeah it was him. He He he's working with some new guys." He tells me.

Damn nigga you just going to snitch on your own brother. I could never. I grab dude up while T grabs his brother up.
We walk this niggas to the torture room and chain them up.

"Why am I down here? I'm not the one that was stealing." Ole dude ask.

"You told on your own brother and that's a problem. Snitches get stitches. And it's clear that you knew he was stealing if you knew he was working with some new niggas in town." T answers

Fantasias pov

"Hello." I answer the phone. For Chester's mom.

"Fantasia. I don't know what's going on but Elijah stopped breathing we're at the hospital." She tells me.

My heart instantly dropped as I went and clocked out I explained everything that happened to my boss and Called Chester to come and get me

Chester's pov

"Hello." I answer the phone without checking to see who was calling.

"Chester I need for you to come and get me ASAP your mom called me and told me that Elijah stopped breathing and had to go to the hospital." Fantasia tells me while crying.

"Okay me and your brother are on the way be outside I'll be there in less then 6 minutes." I tell her while walking back into the room and telling T we got to go.

He came with no questions asked. Like I said I made it to Fantasias job in about 4 mins. She was outside and hopped right into the passengers seat while we headed off to the hospital. We walked in and I could see my mom holding Liyah while crying.

"What's going on momma? What happened?" I asked panicking myself.

"He asked for a sandwich so I made him one. And gave him chips, cookies, and juice. I come back to check on him like 10 mins later and he was holding his throat so I called the ambulance. I'm so sorry Fantasia." My mom says.

"It's okay it's nothing that you did all we can do is pray for the best." Fantasia says sitting down.

"Family of Elijah Williams?" The Doctor calls out.

"That's us." Fantasia says getting up and walking to him.

"Come on ma, come on y'all." Fantasia motions for us to come to the doctor with her.

"What's going on?" I ask the doctor when we got to him.

"Elijah is fine. He was having an allergic reaction to the peanut butter from the peanut butter and jelly sandwich. And the peanut butter cookies. That his grandma told us he was eating. You guys can go see him I'll walk you guys to his room." The doc says.

After Fantasia asked him a few questions. We soon followed the doctor to Elijah's room. The boy in here flirting with the nurse.

"Mom can I go back to grandmas house another day? I had a lot of fun with her and Liyah" Elijah asks Fantasia when he seen us come in.

"Of course you can Elijah. Mommy glad you had fun and feel better." She tells him kissing his forehead.

"Are you sure? I mean look what happened the first day he was with me." My mom says.

"It's fine. It was an honest mistake. You didn't know that he was allergic to peanuts and neither did I. The doctor said the times that he's eaten them before just may not have been enough to cause a reaction or he may have had a minor reaction. We just gotta remember not to give him any anymore." Fantasia says.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

737K 14.8K 38
Dalannie Wilson is a 17 yr old who lives in Atlanta Georgia with her abbusive Father Jason . Jason started abbusin Dalannie when her mother died 2yea...
25.4K 1.8K 40
Based on a true story. Aisha celebrates her 18th birthday and has only one thing on her mind. READ BOOK 1 IN THE AISHA SERIES: "AISHA GOT IT" WARNING...
43.4K 1.2K 25
BOOK 2 OF DON'T LOVE A THUG! 23 year old Andre is the oldest son of the Carter family. He worked with his dad. He has a daughter and a annoying ass b...
649K 20K 54
22 year old August Alsina, was the youngest King Pin in New Orleans. He had it made, the cars, the clothes, fancy house, cars, girls, you name it! Bu...