Close to Destiny (A Magical L...

By AdriaCimino

Why does Kat feel she knows Will when she's never met him before? Or has she? Kat has been too busy fighting... More

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Part II -- Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Part III -- Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
A playlist

Chapter 29

17 6 3
By AdriaCimino

April 13

Paul held my hand across the table at the busy French brasserie and only let it go when the waiter delivered his steak frites and my grilled salmon. He was in his charming phase. For some reason, he had decided he would do anything to save our relationship—even if it meant accepting that I had been suffering from a real illness and everything had been pretty difficult for me over the past few years.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked.

"Doing what?" he replied, distracted as he chewed on a fry and cut into the rare meat.

"What I mean is... this talk about starting over, being the perfect couple. You think we have what it takes?"

"I did a lot of thinking while you were away," he said, setting down his fork and taking my hand again. "I was a real asshole in the past. I've changed."

"What prompted the change?" I studied him almost suspiciously, then twirled my fork in the rice, breaking down the fancy pyramid.

"Hearing you mumbling the name 'Will' in the middle of the night. Either you're having an affair with this guy or he's someone from your past."

I felt my face turn red, but Paul didn't seem to notice.

"Anyway, I realized that if you did cheat on me, I probably deserved it after the way I've behaved. It's been a wake-up call. And I was pretty miserable when you were away. I don't want to lose you again."

"I'm not cheating on you."

"I know," he murmured. "You're above that kind of thing."

And for the first time in a long while, things were OK. We chatted about books and movies and new restaurants in the city. As we strolled home in the brisk spring air, we marveled over the night sky and connected the stars to form constellations. We were on our best behavior as if it was a first date. Trying to convince ourselves that we could turn back the clock.

Two glasses of wine were enough to go to my head. Paul undressed me, and we tumbled onto the sheets.

If you enjoyed this chapter, please vote – thank you!  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 221 56
In a world where the sky fell apart, shattering reality, and an enigmatic flora transforms humanity into lost souls, there's a new normal. Humans wi...
115K 3.1K 54
Kat never saw any of it coming. Not her Mother's death, not her brother's betrayal, not even the mysterious yet devilishly handsome boy she meets on...
148K 14K 53
Get out your popcorn, tourists beware, here comes a paranormal adventure with a historical twist, set in Egypt--and Britain. From Chapter 29 'Dark...
79.2K 2.8K 33
When Cecilia wakes up in a wattpad fantasy novel she's dumbstruck. Knowing the future of her character she tries to be on the good side of King Jaspe...