Cherished by You

By MKatalee

Dr. Tamika Rose is a busy pediatrician who is still relatively new to life in New York City. Her busy schedul... More

DEDICATION
CHAPTER 2-
CHAPTER 3-
CHAPTER 4-
CHAPTER 5-
CHAPTER 6-
CHAPTER 7-
More on Cherished by You

CHAPTER 1-

1.1K 50 3
By MKatalee

MIKA

"So, tell me about yourself. You're smart, beautiful; your legs look good as hell in that dress, you smell sexy, what else do I not know about you?"

He swirled the red wine in his glass.

His eyes sparkled from the candlelight in front of us. He was handsome, yeah, but I didn't know if I was feeling him just yet. Don't get me wrong; my date was sweet so far. He picked me up in a taxi, and we headed over to the restaurant together. He complimented the short red dress that I had on and held the door open. I just wasn't feeling it yet. He was doing things a little too perfect...

"Well, I am new here. I moved to New York about a month ago to get a fresh start. I wanted some change in my life."

He listened closely to what I was saying.

"I..umm...cry during movies...like a baby."

He laughed, showing his pearly straight white teeth. He took a sip of wine, and the leftover droplets laid on his soft pink lips. As he licked them off, my imagination went wild. The things I would do to him tonight if I didn't have a three-month rule. His hands were huge; he could use those on me anytime.

I looked down, biting my lips blushing.

"I love art. My dream has always been to be an art dealer and gallerist, even though I'm a doctor right now. I like cuddles and don't like scary movies that much. I love Jamaican food and any other good food that makes me feel at home. I'm an old soul, and I love a good time..."

He looked at me with flirtatious eyes biting his supple lips. My lady parts tingled. Shit.

"Umm...and yeah, that's me so far..."

It made me uncomfortable to talk about myself that much, but I tried to embrace it. I took a sip of my drink, trying hard not to blush. My date made me nervous.

"So, what about you, what have you been up to, Mr. Pearly Whites?"

To be honest, I forgot his name already. He reached across the table and held onto my hand, playing with my manicured fingers.

"Well, Dr. Rose, I'm a corporate lawyer here. I am a partner at the Boston and Poly firm down the street," he said.

I tilted my head to the side as I tried to think of where he was talking about. He was making bank down there, though—a whole partner at a law firm.

"Big building on the corner of Madison."

I was still confused because I didn't know where the hell anything was in this big-ass city. I just nodded.

"I like to draw, probably not as good as you. I like the Caribbean food they got around here; it's good. I like to explore, travel, see the world, meet different people...have a good time too..."

He stared at me lustfully.

"I like to build stuff piece by piece, take care of what's mine..."

Was he still talking about himself? I got hot just by the way he was looking and talking. He seemed like he knew just the right thing to say. He looked me in the eyes. Man, he was fine, grown, sexy. My eyes went from his face to his muscular body. The waitress came by the table, snapping me out of my untamed fantasies.

"Good evening, my name is Ivana, and I will be serving you tonight. My coworker, Boris, will be bringing the drinks. Are you guys ready to order, or do you need more time?"

He still had his eyes locked on mine. Oh my gosh.

We were at the Pascalou tonight, which was a French restaurant on Madison Ave. It was small, but it was a beautiful place at night. They had cute lights strung outside the restaurant. It was beginning to snow outside, and it made the night even more gorgeous.

"I think we're ready, Ivana. We can do appetizers, maybe, Mika, if you wanted anything," he said, smiling at me.

I still could not remember this guy's name. He looked like a Martin, though.

"That would be great."

I quickly flipped the pages of the menu. I forgot to look at it while we talked, so I just chose the first thing that looked good.

"Ladies first."

He directed his right hand toward me.

The menu encouraged customers to order in French. I had learned a thing or two from minoring in French in college.

"Bonjour Ivana, Je voudrais le potage du Soir et le Duck Confit pour le plat principal s'il vous plait."

My date looked at me highly impressed. I did a cute over my shoulder smile. How would I bring up that I couldn't remember my date's name? It was randomly starting to bother me.

"I'll have what she's having and the Jumbo Seafood Shrimp," he said, and she wrote them both down then took our menus.

I pulled out my phone real quick, trying not to make it noticeable that I was looking him up on Google to find his name. I typed quickly.

Boston and Poly Law Firm-Madison-Partners---

"Everything will be out shortly."

Ivana smiled at both of us. Good distraction.

"Got a call or something?" my date asked nicely.

"Umm...just checking some of my- stocks." I lied, trying to sound knowledgeable. "I...uh...heard there was a crash in crypto earlier, and I got worried."

Shit, my phone is not working! I looked up at him while my phone loaded. He ordered a gin.

"Oh really? You're into investing? That's pretty dope. My brother and I invested in Bitcoin back in college, and we made some big returns. I didn't know they had a crash today, though. Maybe I should check mine too," he said, reaching for his phone in his jacket pocket.

Oh my gosh, no.

"I'm sure you're fine." I smiled. "You're so smart and clever. I'm new and naive. I was just overly cautious."

I pretended to look at the stocks on my phone.

"See, yep, it's fine."

The company page finally loaded. His name is...

"Josh!?" A female voice pierced through the room.

A pregnant woman about 5'9 with mid-back length hair stormed up to the table with her Louis Vuitton purse, about to smack the shit out of him.

"What the hell are you doing here!? You told me you were going out with the other partners tonight? And who is she, Josh!? Who are you?"

What in the world is going on?

Josh stood up with his hands out, trying to diffuse the situation. He was towering over her. He was about 6'1, slightly muscular, dark, and a waste of freakin' time. What the hell was this? His girlfriend?

"Babe, it's just a friend from work. We had a little meet-up to discuss a new case from the office," he said like it was nothing.

I opened my mouth, shocked and offended. What in the actual hell?

"Josh, you're always lying to me! I am pregnant with your child, and this is what you do to me!?" She started breaking down.

It was time for me to go. Shaking my head, I stood up as fast as I could and straightened my dress.

"I'm so sorry about this," I said to his wife, slash girlfriend, or whoever.

I turned around to walk away, and this guy dared to try to grab me by my waist to hold me back from leaving.

"Please, I'm sorry, let's do-"

"Do not touch me! I am leaving. Delete my number," I said sternly, pulling away from him.

I was way too good for this shit. I held my purse close to me and stormed out of that restaurant. I couldn't believe what just happened.

"Cancel the order," I said to Ivana before I left.

I put my light grey coat on and called a taxi. While I waited, I looked back into the restaurant and saw the girl hitting against his chest and yelling at him. The waiters had to try to calm her down. My taxi finally pulled up, and I jumped into the yellow car. I just wanted to go home right now.

"Where to?" the cab driver asked.

"Windsor apartments," I said promptly. "As fast as you can."

I laid back in the seat, hugging my body, trying to keep warm. What in the actual hell just happened?

A tear rolled down my cheek— the story of my life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 52 19
Kaitlyn Reynolds is an ordinary girl, trying to pursue her career in the medical field. She was too focus on her study and pay her student loan she b...
560 16 13
Highest Ranking: 92 in doctor 2/6/2020 69 in mobster 3/12/2020 Rose is a fairly normal girl. She works the local hospital...
48.3K 1.6K 25
Prateek jain, 26 year old ,successful businessman and ceo of jain corporation, he is ruthless and heartless billionaire for outsiders but for his f...
678K 38.1K 30
"Call me an assh*le all you want. It won't stop me from making you the best doctor you can be." . . . . . Naomi Reece's life was complicated long be...