Lover • Klaus Mikaelson

By LaurenG185

Ameliana Moretti was not an ordinary girl. She was the only person that Niklaus Mikaelson truly trusted. Unfo... More

Cast
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
A/N
Forty Three
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter ~ 1
A/N
Bonus Chapter ~ 2

Thirteen

20.5K 342 183
By LaurenG185

3rd person POV:

Marcel has pulled Thierry into a corner so they can discuss what just happened.

"I want to hear your side of it," Marcel demands furiously.

"Hey, Marcel, come on—" Thierry pleads.

"Your version. Go." Marcel says, not even flinching. Klaus was standing below observing the scene.

"We were tossing the Cauldron. This guy, some nightwalker, he attacked Katie for no reason," Thierry explains.

"His name was Max. I turned him, and as far as reasons go, he doesn't need one. She was a witch. He was a vampire. Now? He's dead." Marcel said angrily. Cami is watching their confrontation happen from the courtyard.

"I didn't mean for it to happen," Thierry spoke desperately.

"You broke my most important rule," He sighs angrily and glares at Thierry. "Damn it, T. How long we been friends? Seventy years? I turned you into something that would never die. I gave you a gift," Marcel reminded the vampire.

"And I have been loyal to you all this time, and I still am. I'm still your friend, Marcel. I swear, that hasn't changed," Thierry promised. Cami is still watching Thierry and Marcel apprehensively when Klaus joins her in the courtyard.

"Are you all right, love?" Klaus asks, concerned.

"He's got a temper, doesn't he? I guess this is the moment I remember I know better," Cami says sadly. Cami looks disappointed as she walks away. Josh walks up to Klaus, standing slightly behind him as Klaus reaches into the inner pocket of his coat, withdraws a folded piece of paper and hands it to him. Josh quickly pockets the paper and walks away. Klaus watches the balcony as Josh then appears next to Marcel and hands him the document.

"We found this at his girl's place," Josh said, handing the paper to Marcel. Marcel opens the folded paper, revealing that it is actually fancy parchment with the components of a complicated spell written out. Marcel looks even more angry when he recognizes the spell.

"Still my friend, huh? That's funny, because it looks to me like that little witch of yours got her hands on a spell that I keep locked away," Marcel said, betrayal lacing his voice.

"Marcel, I have never seen that," Thierry insists frantically.

"Shut up. I see on your hand, you still have the daylight ring I gave you. So, what would you need with the recipe for making new ones? Unless maybe you and Katie were gonna go off and start a little kingdom of your own?" Marcel accuses.

"Marcel, no!" Thierry pleads. But Marcel ignores him.

"Here's a lesson in friendship-- friends don't lie to me, they don't break my rules, and they do not steal what is mine," Marcel shouts. Marcel, realizing he's losing his temper, turns his back to Thierry to take a deep calming breath before turning back to him, his eyes filled with rage. "Ohh... For the crime of murdering one of his own, I sentence Thierry Vanchure to one hundred years in the Garden," Marcel said. He regarded his old friend with disgust. Below, on the dance floor, Klaus smirks proudly.

"And it begins..." Klaus said, smirking to himself.

***

Sophie is outside the mausoleum, where she has set up a map, a bottle of black sand, and a pocket watch to cast her locator spell. Rebekah enters the cemetery a moment later, and when Sophie hears her coming, she glances up at her, looking anxious.

"You're doing the right thing. It's the only way to find Elijah," Rebekah reassures the witch.

"I'm doing what I have to do,"  Sophie responded blankly. Sophie begins chanting the incantation for the spell

***

Klaus watches as more of Marcel's men lead Thierry out of the party and out onto the street, where a small crowd of more vampires watch Katie approach as she chants loudly. Klaus watches the events unfold from a window above.

"Donn moi se la vroh kondu feh aila ra donn toi moi. Donn moi. Salacku tusdeh do. Vala," Katie chants.

"Katie, no!" Thierry cries out desperately.

"Like clockwork," Klaus says proudly. Katie waves her arm and a lamp's light explodes; all the vampires grab at their heads, falling down in pain. Marcel alone rises back up to face Katie, but she smashes another light with magic and Marcel goes down again. Sophie continues to chant for her spell in the cemetery.

"Hurry," Rebekah urges. Marcel rises again, but Katie uses magic to break his bones, and he falls again shouting in pain.

"No!" Davina cries. She is getting flashes of the event happening and is trying her best to help. In her room, Davina lifts her hands slowly, which seems to cause Marcel to rise yet again. Katie looks astonished.

"You're here to save your man. Well, come on, little girl!" Marcel shouts in challenge. Amelia is standing off to the side, still in her event attire as she hadn't made it home yet. She was about to leave the area when she heard the shattering and the screams. Marcel growls as he runs to attack Katie, but she halts him with magic, and he groans as he falls to his knees. In her room, Davina falls to her knees at the same time. In the street, Katie lifts a wooden stake above Marcel's head.

"Die, you son of a bitch," Katie said hatefully.

"No! Katie! Don't!" Thierry cried in horror. Before Katie can kill Marcel, Amelia swoops in and snaps Katie's neck. She dies as Amelia drops her body carelessly to the ground. Klaus who had gone to do the same thing scanned her and noticed that she had not gotten any blood on her dress. Klaus smirks at the woman in front of him. She lets out a breath and smirks at him.

"So what happened to you going home?" Klaus asks her.

"I didn't make it that far. I heard screams," Amelia said simply. Klaus just continued to smirk and he had a playful glint in his eyes.

'If only he knew,' Amelia thought to herself.

***

In the cemetery, Sophie senses something and stops the spell

"Something's wrong. Katie's magic stopped. I can keep going," Sophie told the Original.

"You can't. She'll sense it," Rebekah warned.

"No. I can find Davina. I just need another moment," Sophie insisted. Rebekah hurries and grabs the map, throwing it and the sand aside so she cannot continue. Sophie looks stunned and upset.

"You may be willing to die to get your witch back, but Hayley and the baby will die with you. Elijah will never forgive us, and rescuing him will be for nothing. It's over. We failed," Rebekah said in defeat. Tears were threatening to spill over but she held them back.

***

Back on the street, Thierry crawls over to Katie's body

"No. Katie. No, no, no, no," Thierry says horrified. He cradles her body and sobs over her. Marcel catches Amelia's eye and nods in appreciation. Amelia smirks at him and then vamp-speeds away from the scene, leaving the two friends to themselves.

***

Thierry stands chained to a wall in an underground room. Marcel stands across from him, still looking at him furiously.

"Just tell me this-- was she worth it?" Marcel questions.

"I loved her," Thierry told him. He knew his fate and he knew that nothing would change Marcel's mind. Marcel drives an iron stake into Thierry's gut, and he groans in pain. Another man appears, and Marcel hands him a wooden mallet.

"Seal him up... and let him rot," Marcel instructs. The man begins to lay bricks over wet cement, clearly intending to build a wall to encase Thierry.

***

The party is over and the courtyard is deserted. Klaus and Marcel stand alone on a balcony and clink their drinks against each other. Marcel downs his in one gulp.

"How much did Cami see?" Marcel asks.

"She just saw an argument, mate. It's nothing you can't fix," Klaus assures his old friend. "You really like her, don't you?"

"I like that she's not a part of any of this. Sometimes it's good to see the world the way the humans do," Marcel responds honestly.

"I am sorry about Thierry, you know? I can tell he was a good friend," Klaus says with remorse.

"I made him what he was. Obviously, my trust was misplaced," Marcel told him bitterly.

"Doesn't make it easier," Klaus sympathized.

"You and Amelia, you guys saved me tonight. I guess I owe you one. You asked for your brother back. Seems like the least I can do," Marcel told him. Klaus smiled.

"Well technically just Amelia saved you, but I appreciate the credit," Klaus admits. Marcel sends him a small smile. And then downs another glass of alcohol.

***

Cami drinks a pint at a bar, still wearing her gala finery. Amelia enters the place and sits across the room from her, still in her dress as well. She was so in love with it she found it hard to take it off. Klaus soon enters, and heads over to Cami.

"Cami—" Klaus begins.

"Don't even try it. I get the bro code. You're here to smooth things over for your friend. It's very nice of you, but—" Cami interrupts him.

"But you've been hurt before, and you aren't taking any more chances," Klaus says, interrupting her as well.

"Something like that. The guy I saw tonight? Not the guy I thought he was. And if he can turn on a dime like that--" Cami rants.

"Sounds like more than just a broken heart. Someone broke your trust. Camille, the brave bartender," Klaus says interrupting her again. Cami and Klaus stare at each other. Cami swallows, looking like she might lean in, but Klaus blinks and breaks the moment.

"I'm sorry... But I need you to give Marcel another chance," Klaus tells her. Cami clears her throat, looking both embarrassed and disappointed. Amelia observes the scene from the other side of the room and she can't help but feel jealousy course through her body. She quickly scolded herself, for feeling that way. It had been a thousand years and she was very much over him.

"Wow. I totally misread that," Cami says, embarrassed.

"No. You read it quite well, but we all have our roles to play," He stares her in the eyes and compels her.

"You went to Marcel's. You danced. You feel badly that he had a row with his friend, but otherwise, all you remember is that it was perfect." Amelia stood up and left, finally deciding to head back and change.

***

Rebekah sits at the piano, lazily playing a scattering of notes. Klaus enters and she sits up.

"Well, tonight was an epic failure," Rebekah comments.

"On the contrary, sister. Tonight was a masterpiece," Klaus says proudly.

"Are you mad? Katie died before Sophie could complete the spell," Rebekah reminded her brother.

"Oh, I'm well aware. I watched as Amelia killed Katie herself," Klaus informs her.

"She what?"Rebekah asked appalled.

"There's no way our little suicide witch wasn't gonna try and take out Marcel with her. Amelia saved his life, and in doing so, we now have him exactly where we want him. I must say, she did plan it out perfectly," Klaus tells his little sister.

"Sophie trusted you. I trusted you! Against all my better instincts," Rebekah cries. At that moment, Amelia walked in the door. Her hair was still curled but it was up in a ponytail. She wore black jeans, a black tshirt, and an army green jacket. On her feet she had her signature black heeled boots. She still wore the pendent from earlier. She smiled at the two of them and poured herself a glass of bourbon.

"Wake up, Rebekah-- the witches are on no one's side but their own. This girl, Davina? That's all they want, and when they have her, what do you think happens then, a truce? Of course not. They will use Davina's power against all of us," Klaus says offended.

"Even if you're right, the plan was to find Elijah, and you've failed us," Rebekah says in disgust.

"You always did lack faith. By protecting Marcel, I've cemented his trust, so much so that he's agreed to return Elijah to us. And when the time is right, when he has told me everything I need to know about Davina, I will have her for myself," Klaus tells the two smugly. Amelia downs her glass and then pours herself another, downing that one as well.

"I have all the faith in the world that you'll get what you want, Nik. You always do, no matter what is costs the rest of us. You disgust me." Rebekah tells her brother, hate dripping from every word. Rebekah takes a sip of bourbon, then sets her glass on the piano and leaves.

"Well she was angry," Amelia said sarcastically.

"Why did you kill her?" Klaus asks

"What do you mean?" Amelia responds, sipping on her third glass of bourbon.

"Why did you kill Katie? Marcel's never done anything for you, so why did you protect him?" Klaus repeated.

"Because I felt like it. Sometimes I enjoy killing people Nik. That's why I did it, because I wanted to," Amelia responded nonchalantly. She downed the rest of her glass and headed upstairs to find Hayley. Klaus watched her go, a single thought taking over his mind. She called him Nik, and only two people got away with that.

***

Davina kneels at Elijah's open casket. She hears a door open and looks up to see Marcel enter. She runs to hug him.

"You're okay! I was so worried," Davina cried out in relief.

"Thank you. Whatever you did, I felt it. You helped me," Marcel assured her.

"It was the old ones, wasn't it?" Davina inquired.

"Actually, they were the ones that saved me tonight. I'm gonna make things right, starting off by giving him his brother back," Marcel informed her. He started to move around her but she stopped him.

"No!" Davina refused sassily. There was confusion written all over her face.

"What? Davina--" Marcel said giving her a look.

"No! You said the old ones were dangerous. I won't give him back until I know how to kill them,"

***

Hayley is sitting at a desk in one of the studies, where she's typing on a laptop surrounded by old texts. Amelia is sitting on the couch in front of the desk, flipping through a book, clearly uninterested. She had another glass of bourbon in her hand. Klaus pauses at the doorway before walking in to talk to Hayley.

"I thought you might like to know, Elijah is returning to us," he told the werewolf. He shot a glance at Amelia, but she paid him no attention.

"Congratulations. I guess being diabolical has its perks," Hayley said sarcastically. A small smirk crept it's way onto her face.

"You hardly know him, and yet you miss him. What is it about my brother that always inspires such instant admiration?" Klaus questions. Hayley hesitates for a moment.

"He was kind to me," Hayley responded simply. Klaus takes this in and then turns to leave. He stops when Hayley calls out to him, though he doesn't turn around.

"Hey, I learned something today. I think it's a girl," Hayley told him. Amelia looked up at her best friend, her eyes shining, but Hayley was solely focused on Klaus' back. Hayley smiles, and after a moment, Klaus smiles as well. He then leaves Hayley to her research.

"A girl!" Amelia exclaims and stands up excitedly. Hayley chuckles at her friends behavior.

"Yes, a girl," Hayley responds.

"I'm so excited for you Hayley! You're going to be such a good girl mom," Amelia said.

Hayley smiled and rolled her eyes. "Thank you." Amelia laughed and then went back to her book, as Hayley went back to her research.

***

Rebekah is walking in the Quarter, still wearing her gown but her hair slightly disheveled. She sees Marcel, and turns the other way but runs into him when he vamp-speeds to block her.

"You're following me," Rebekah says, annoyed. He walks toward her, backing her up against a store front as he leans toward her.

"Maybe you're just in my way," Marcel says to her aggressively. Marcel walks away without another word. Rebekah sighs and closes her eyes, clearly overwhelmed.

***

Katie's body, dressed in a white gown and covered with a shroud, lays on a tomb in preparation for her consecration. Sophie waves a smoking sage smudge-stick over her body while the other witches, including Agnes and Sabine, stand around her sadly.

"I told you no good would come from this unholy alliance of yours," Agnes reminded Sophie.

"At least I'm doing something. What about you?" Sophie shoots at Agnes. Sophie leaves in a huff, and Agnes sighs.

"Sabine, tell them what you saw," Agnes instructs.

"It's the girl, the wolf."

***

Flashback

Hayley is laying on the kitchen counter as Sabine holds a crystal hanging on a chain over Hayley's pregnant belly.

"I think it's a girl," Sabine says smiling. The crystal starts to swing in the other direction, and she frowns. "No... wait."

"Wait what? Please tell me I'm not having a mini-Klaus," Hayley begs. The crystal suddenly glows with a bright light, which causes Sabine to drop it. All of a sudden, her eyes roll back in her head, and she begins to chant in a low voice."Hoc est infantima malom. Nos omnia perditu el eam,"

***

Present

Hayley is still in the study on the laptop. She is typing the words Sabine said during her vision into an online language translator, but none of the languages she chooses get any results

You guys! Thank you so so SO much for 1.4K reads. I literally have no words. I'm so excited for you guys to continue reading. This is my exam week, and then I'm travelling, so my updates might be a bit off schedule, and for that I apologize. I'm also working on three other stories, and I'm very excited for you to read those. Let me know if you want me to publish the first chapter of one of them. Again, thank you so much!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

721K 20.1K 49
Being the last witch of her kind, Lena Ricci has been protected by Rebekah Mikaelson her whole life. And then one day, as the two are having the tim...
20K 523 20
I do not own these characters, those rights go to Julie Plec. Caroline grew up with the Mikaelsons, when they were human. Caroline and Rebekah a...
656K 12.8K 96
Niklaus has been keeping a locked coffin with him for a thousand years. It is his older sister, who Mikael and Esther cursed into the coffin. They pu...
231K 8.7K 24
☽ 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 ☾ ...