Discover (Completed)

By pettibratz

India Manory thinks life in Queens, New York will never change. It's the same routine, same bullshit she has... More

Characters
1. Cheetah
2. Troubled Waters
3. Side Nigga
4. All I Want
5. You Like That
6. Come Together
7. You Like
8. Reddi Whip
9. Natural Disaster
10. Other Niggas
11. On Me
12. Enemy
13. No Exit
14. Run Away
15. Tough Love
16. Zero
17. Little More (Royalty)
18. Do Better
19. Blow It In The Wind
20. Same Sh*t
21. Autumn Leaves
22. Get Off
23. Secret
24. Don't Slow Me Down
25. No Guidance
26. Burgundy
27. Under the Influence
28. Tell Me How You Feel
29. Technology
30. Flashbacks
31. See You Around
32. Don't Be Gone Too Long
33. All On Me
34. Let Sh*t Go
35. Nowhere
36. Mirage
37. Proof
38. Yellow Tape
39. X
40. Desperado
41. Stereotype
42. Everybody Knows
43. Girl of My Dreams
45. With You
46. Only 4 Me
47. Discover
Tough Love
Sequel?
48. Epilogue

44. Day One

2.2K 110 22
By pettibratz

Baby I can tell your future
Drop top, girl let me scoop you
And I don't wanna ever, ever lose you
Real chick, baby, I salute you
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Chris
"Christopher!" India called me for the 2nd time. I was busy trying to work on my art and she keep bugging me. I ignored her and continued to paint away. Just as I thought she was done, there she goes again.

"Christopher Maurice Brown!" She said my full government name. Ah, shit.

After a long sigh, I stood up and marched over to our room where my pregnant wife lied down, seemingly in pain.

"Can you rub my stomach? This baby is fucking kicking my ass and won't calm the fuck down." She groaned. Huffing, I lied in between her legs, placing my head on her swollen stomach. I felt the kicks she was referring to and she was right. That kid was tryna knock my brain out of my head.

"Language. You know, I was trying to work on my art." I informed her of why I was taking so long to answer.

"I'm sorry. It just hurts a lot, and the baby only listens when you're around." She whined, running her hand through my blonde curls.

"It's okay, mamas. She just loves her daddy." I really want to have another girl. I know if it's a boy Indy just gone spoil him, and she has a way with men. Look at my whipped ass.

"Or he just wants out of here. I know he gotta be cramped, my poor baby." She pouted and rubbed her stomach, sympathizing with the child. India wants a boy just so the sex ratio in the house will be equal. Not too many females running around. I don't mind though, I love my princess.

"Was it like this with Royalty?" I mumbled against her stomach, rubbing her smooth skin with my fingers.

"Yeah. Jaiden wasn't much help either, every time he came around it just got worse." She chuckled slightly, but quickly let it fade.

"She knew then and there that wasn't her daddy. If you would have let me play my role then it probably wouldn't have been that bad." I rolled my eyes thinking about it.

"Chris." She said in a stern tone.

"I'm just saying. I don't know why you let that nigga be around her in the first place. She didn't even like him before she popped out of the wound. I don't think it's right, and he wasn't a good influence. Treating you like a damn pet, I swear that shit still blows me to his fucking day-"

My sentence was cut short when I heard sniffling on India's end. I sat up partially to see tears running down her cheeks, causing her eyes to be red and puffy. Here the fuck she go with these damn mood swings.

"Baby, why are you crying?"

"You're completely right. It was so stupid of me to put my personal issues before my child and I left her in the care of a man that didn't even care for me and- and-" Her voice was shaky as she continued to break down.

"No, baby. It's okay. It was a mistake, you're okay now." I tried to comfort her, but it wasn't doing much justice.

"It wasn't fair to you or her, you're a great fucking father and it would've been so much different if I would just shut the fuck up and listen to you sometimes. If I never moved out of Florida-" She continues to ramble on and on.

"Princess, look at me." I grabbed her by her hand and gave it a little squeeze. She wiped her tears with her sleeve and faced me with puffy eyes.

"You're an amazing mother. You care for Royalty so much and that's all that matters: We've both made mistakes in the past, but what's really important is that we learned from them. Look at us now, about to get married. Stop crying baby, it's not that serious." I kissed the top of her hand near her ring. She nodded, but looked as if she wanted to break down again.

"I don't know why I cry so much and I know it's so annoying. God, I'm so fucking lame and I'm fat and I bother you so much and-" India began to rant once again. I chuckled causing her to stop.

"Why are you laughing at me?!" She whined with a pout on her face.

"Baby, are you hungry?" I averted the subject.

"Yes, actually." Her mood instantly changed as she wiped her tears for the second time.

"You good to walk or do you want me to bring you something?" I sat up, releasing her hand from mine.

"I wanna go out." I stopped dead in my tracks and looked at her. She hasn't really left the house and went anywhere besides for a family member's house. She wanted to avoid the publicity.

"Um, no." I chuckled and dismissed her idea.

"Why not?!" She stood up as quickly as her swollen belly would allow her to.

"I thought you wanted to avoid the publicity." I quoted her on herself.

"Well, now I don't." She went into her dresser and pulled out a pair of sweatpants and a large t-shirt that once belonged to me. Her clothes were too tight since she gained weight.

"You sure?"

"I just said I was, Chris." India replied with a little attitude in her voice.

"Alright." I threw my hands up in defeat and pivoted, beginning to leave the room before she called me back.

"Yes, princess?" I turned around to face her.

"Can you help me get these on?" She held the sweatpants up for me to see. I huffed before gravitating towards her. She took a seat on the bed and extended her legs out. I slipped her feet into both legs, pulling the pants up partially. She stood up and began to pull them up but stopped below her waist.

"Baby, I can't get them over my ass." India complained with a pout. It looked as if she was getting ready to break down again as she struggled to pull the pants up.

"Here, let me help you." I went behind her and grabbed the waist band of the sweatpants, seeing that my fingers would barely fit in. I shook violently as I tried to pull them up.

"Baby, just push my ass in!" She complained while trying to pull her pants up from the front.

"I'm trying, nigga." I grumbled as I struggled to pull them up. I lowkey was getting distracted by how big her ass got. I swear that shit jiggled with every touched. It was hella soft-

"Chris! Ow!" She hissed, popping my hand. I didn't even realize my rings were digging into her skin.

"Sorry, damn. I'm tryna help yo' ass out here." I rolled my eyes. Huffing, she pushed my hands off and plopped back down on the bed.

"I'm too fucking fat, I don't wanna go anymore." She sniffled as I saw her eyes begin to water.

"Indy, you're not fat. You have an entire human being living inside of you. It's just baby weight." I tried to comfort her.

"It's okay, you can say it. I'm fat." She looked down at her feet. I'm not gone lie, she did get thicker. She was no where near "fat" though. Even if she was big, that doesn't matter to me. What matters is getting rid of these damn mood swings.

"You're beautiful. I don't care about your body shape. Now can you stop being a crybaby so I can help you get these pants on?" I flashed her a toothy grin. Her mood softened as she stood back up and took a deep breath.

After a few long attempts, we finally decided that maybe she would need to wear my pants instead.

"It's alright, you just got a big booty." I bit down on my bottom lip, grabbing a handful of her ass. She swatted my hand away and put on a pair of slides, heading to the living room. She threw one of my baseball caps on her head, pulling her straightened ponytail through it.

"Chris, go pick out an outfit for Ro. If I don't like it, imma get mad." India instructed me. I kissed my teeth and huffed, stomping to her room. I went through her drawers, picking out a burgundy shirt and denim skirt with white and red Converses.

"If she complain about this shit, it's finna be a problem." I mumbled as I joined her back in the living room where she was getting snacks for Ro.

"Is this alright?" I held up the outfit for her to see. She turned around and looked at it, nodding before she went back to what she was doing.

"Are you going to dress her now or?" I trailed off on my sentence.

"Chris, you see I'm doing something here." She side eyed me as she looked through the fridge.

"She too old for me to be dressing her, India. Y'all basically got the same body parts." I informed her. Royalty is now 4 and is about to start kindergarten, I don't think I should be dressing her.

"Fine, Chris. I guess I gotta do everything myself." She closed the fridge door and brushed past me, picking up Royalty. I looked back at her with a mug, shaking my head.

When we got to Hooters, something seemed off about India. She mugged every waitress that walked by, holding on to my arm tighter.

"Baby, are you okay?" I asked her.

"I don't know how I feel being around all these girls wearing coochie cutters and no bras under them tiny ass shirts." She mumbled, trying not to offend any waitress that could possibly overhear.

"Do you want to leave?" I offered.

"No, we're here now. I'm too hungry." She released my arm from her grasp and picked up a crayon, helping Royalty with whatever she was coloring. Our waitress came over, eyeballing me before clearing her throat. I can already tell this finna be some shit.

"Are you guys ready to order?" She asked the two of us.

"I'm ready, are you baby?" I asked India, who didn't peel her gaze from the waitress.

"Yeah. For me, buffalo wings and for her, chicken tenders and fries." The waitress jotted down the order in her notes.

"Alright, and for you?" She turned to address me.

"I'll just have the same thing as her." I lowkey wasn't hungry, I just ordered the same thing India did in case she wanted more of what she had after she was done.

"I'll be back with your orders soon." The waitress flashed a toothy grin before slipping off.

"India, don't even say it." I stopped her before she got the chance to say something rude.

"What? She's cute." India shrugged before taking a sip of her drink. I pulled my lips to the side, cutting my eyes at her.

"Not cuter than you." I bit down on my lip and wiggled my eyebrows.

"So you do think she's cute?" She broke her neck to face me. I huffed and waved her off.

"That's not what I was saying. I was trying to give you a compliment but alright, damn." I threw my hands up in defeat.

"Just be honest, Chris. Do you find her attractive?" She pushed me.

"I guess she's alright. She ain't all that and a bag of chips." I shrugged, somewhat denying her claim.

"Uh huh." She pressed her lips together, turning back to Royalty's paper. I shook my head and watched the TV screen that played the baseball game.

After about 10 minutes, the waitress came back with our food. Suddenly, I was hungry.

"Is there anything else I can do for you guys?" She offered.

"You know, you're very pretty." India chimed in before I could answer the question. What the hell is she doing?

"Thank you. You too." The waitress complimented her in return.

"Do you think he's attractive?" She pointed to me. I mentally facepalmed.

"I'm sorry for her, just-" I tried to interrupt but India hushed me.

"No, Chris shut up. Let her answer the question." India put her finger up, and rested her head on her fist.

"Uh ma'am, out of respect for your and my relationship, I'd rather not answer that question."

"It's okay, I'm not gonna get mad." India pressured for her to answer the question.

"India, I-"

"Chris, shut up." She silenced me for the second time.

"I guess he's okay. I've seen better, no offense." Not gonna lie, that one kind of hurt.

"Okay, thank you. Sorry for wasting your time." India gave her $20 before dismissing her.

"What was that even for?" I questioned her actions. She shrugged before digging into her food.

Once we left the restaurant, we were greeted by plenty of flashing lights and shouting reporters.

"Baby, Royalty's crying cause it's too loud." India shouted.

"Yo, stop taking pictures! Y'all got some real issues!" I shielded Royalty's eyes from the flashing lights.

"CHRIS, SHOW US YOUR DAUGHTER!"

"Please get your camera out my daughter's face." I tried to stay as calm as possible.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS?"

"Minding my business, and you?" India answered.

"ARE YOU TWO ENGAGED?!"

"Are we?" India reversed the roles.

"ARE YOU PREGNANT?!"

"Fuck off." India gave them the finger as we got into the car. I honked my horn to tell them to move the fuck on or they getting ran the fuck over.

"Indy, you cursed." I scolded her.

"You right. Mommy's sorry, stink." She turned over in her seat to face Royalty, who had just stopped crying.

"These reporters are getting out of hand, Chris."

"I understand that, India." I spoke in a tone similar to hers.

"Can't you do something about it?"

"Like what? Tell them to kindly move? That's stopping they bag." I kept my eyes on the road as we drove.

"They're stopping my peace." She huffed, leaning against the car window.

"I'm sorry. You wanted to go out though, so I don't know what you were expecting." I reminded her.

"To go out, have a normal day with my family. The could have snapped their pictures from a distance."

"Some of them did."

"I salute them, then."

"You're a character." I shook my head while chuckling.

"That's what you love about me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.3K 794 42
"Everything of you is a non-existing dangerous drug, Natalia. And I'm addicted to it." He whispered in my ear. He brushed his nose on my neck and th...
66.1K 3.1K 31
" You can't do this to me please " , exclaimed she fearfully . " I can sweetheart , I can " , he said coldly pointing a GUN towards her " But you sa...
345K 14.9K 87
Aya Weathers is a hardworking, talented, aspiring songwriter who prefers to put her goals before her personal life. Christopher Brown is a stubborn...
410K 11.5K 73
I ... I didn't even knew I was going to marry him till yesterday. I have no way to go now. I can't be stuck in loveless marriage, I can never marry...