The Boy Next Door

mrskmn_ által

Mark needed a new roommate and you needed a new place. But did both of you get more than you bargained for? Több

Roommates Wanted
Moving In
Rules
A Cad
It's Me, Not You
The Wingman
Actions and Reactions
Finally
And They Were Roommates [M]

Feelings?

1.2K 41 20
mrskmn_ által

With Saturday finally rolling in, you expected to be sleeping in like every other person out there did. You especially expected Mark to still be in bed, considering he had a shift at the bar last night. You weren't sure what time he came home but when you went to bed at ten pm, he still hadn't been home. So you weren't sure why someone out there was banging pots and pans at seven in the morning.

You groaned before finally getting up. You had tried to cover your head with a pillow to block out the noise but it had been ineffective. You double checked that you were decent - now a habit since that particular incident - and you were determined to give him a piece of your mind. That was until the smell of bacon wafted in the air.

You sauntered over to the kitchen and spotted him cooking by the stove. You rolled your eyes at his appearance - of course he would just be wearing basketball shorts and nothing else. You took a deep breath, wanting to make yourself seem unaffected. He was your roommate after all, and there would be more than one occasion when he would be dressed like this. You needed to get used to it.

"I didn't think you knew how to cook?" you groaned the question at him as you sat yourself on a stool by the counter.

"I can only do eggs and bacon so don't get your hopes up," Mark chuckled before turning around and seeing your annoyed face. "Sorry, did I wake you?"

You nodded. "But, I'll forgive you if give me an extra piece of bacon."

Mark laughed again before picking up an uncooked piece of bacon and waving it to you, adding it to the pan.

"A coffee would be nice too," you tried to push your luck and smiled when he looked at you in disbelief.

"How do you take it?"

"With milk and two sugars please," you beamed at him.

"Anything else, princess?" Mark teased and you thanked the heavens that his back was towards you or he would've seen you blush at the endearment he used.

"I think that's it," you tried to reply as nonchalant as you could and he laughed again. God, his laugh was adorable.

Mark took the pan and placed its contents on the two empty plates in front of you. He came back with two pieces of toast each and then your coffees. You smiled excitedly and thanked him before digging in. Mark threw you his killer smile before choosing to eat across the counter from you.

xxx

After you had both cleaned up your dishes and freshened up, Mark had suggested that the first item on your to do list should be the laundry. This way, he could show you where the laundry room was and the two of you could do your groceries while you waited for the laundry to finish.

As the two of you roamed the aisles of the local supermarket, you were surprised at how at ease you were both feeling with each other. It had only been a few days since you moved in and here you were doing the groceries together. You chanced a peek at Mark to see if there was any sign of discomfort from his end, and you almost wish you hadn't.

With an adorable pout adorning his face, Mark was standing there deep in thought as he considered the two cereal boxes in his hands. His eyes darted back and forth between each box, and you had to stifle your giggle, not wanting him to catch you staring.

"Why are you laughing at me?" Mark laughed with you. "This is a very difficult choice! I was trying to consider which one we would both like so it'd be cheaper for us to buy."

"Very considerate of you," you mused. "I'm happy with either so you choose."

"Coco Pops it is then!"

The two of you then headed off to the next aisle as you needed to grab some olive oil. You walked slightly ahead of him and the trolley since you knew where they were located. When you got there, you realised that the supermarket had moved it to the higher shelf just out of your reach. You tried to grab it to no avail - not even standing on your tippy toes helped.

"You know you can just ask me to grab it for you right, shorty?" Mark teased and you glared at him.

"I am not short," you huffed. "That's not where they used to be. The store moved it higher."

Mark smirked at you and you knew that he didn't buy it, even though it was the truth. You felt yourself blush the longer he stared at you, so you swallowed your pride.

"Will you please grab it for me?" you asked in a small voice, and Mark stared more intently at you.

"You know I was just teasing right?" he asked hesitantly.

"Yeah it's fine. I get it."

Mark walked up to you and lifted your chin up so you were facing him, your eyes widening in confusion. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take it too far."

"It's fine, really," you moved out of reach from him with tinted cheeks. "You can make it up to me by grabbing two of the green bottles please."

Mark went to reach for the bottles and his shirt rode up as he stretched his arm, revealing his toned stomach and you couldn't help but stare. God, those chiselled abs are going to haunt you again in your dreams tonight.

"Just can't get enough can you?" Mark teased as he handed the bottles over to you.

"Well, you've certainly made up for it now," you winked at him and now it was his turn to blush. Just before he could come up with a retort, the two of you heard your names get called out by a familiar voice.

"Jackson, what are you doing here?" Mark asked, not bothering to turn around, silently hoping that it was just a figment of his imagination and you giggled.

"Grocery shopping," Jackson lifted his shopping basket filled with items before turning to address you. "You must be some type of miracle worker. I couldn't even bribe Mark to come shopping with me. What's your secret?"

"Alright, that's enough," Mark finally turned to give Jackson a questioning stare. "What do you want?"

"That's no way to treat a friend," Jackson scoffed. "Anyway, this is perfect. I've been meaning to ask you guys over for dinner with Irene and I at our apartment. Why don't you guys come tonight?"

"We're in."

"We're busy."

You and Mark replied at the same time. You both looked at each other, before he leaned in.

"We're busy, remember? We're cooking dinner tonight."

"Why cook dinner when we can get a free feed at Jackson's?" you asked confused.

"He's going to be annoying," Mark tried to dissuade you.

"If he does get annoying, I'll cook you whatever you want for the rest of the week."

"We'll be there," Mark answered Jackson, who then wiggled his eyebrows.

"See you guys at seven!" Jackson said before heading off.

"Why do I feel like I just got duped?" you asked as you dropped the bottles into the trolley.

"Because you did," Mark laughed. "I'll be sending you over the menu I want for the week after dinner."

xxx

Once the two of you got back to the apartment, Mark had offered to put all the groceries away while you went to the laundry and moved both of your washing to the dryer. He made his way down ten minutes later, and opened the door to the view of you bent over, as you tried to pull the clothes from the dryer.

"God, your ass is perfect," Mark mumbled out and you screamed your heart out, jumping away from the sound.

Mark stood there with eyes widened in fright as you held an empty laundry basket up in front of you as a shield.

"Mark, what the fuck?!" you yelled at him. "You scared the shit out of me, you pervert!"

"Pervert?!" Mark asked incredulously, not knowing what you were going on about.

"Look, I don't care if you check my ass out, but can you at least announce yourself before doing so? You're going to give me a heart attack and I'm too young to die!"

"Did I say that out loud?" Oh God. You nodded furiously and he wanted the floor to swallow him up. "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."

"No, it's fine," you sighed. "I've been rooming with Jaebeom, my own best friend, for years and I still checked him out now and then. It's normal."

"Oh, did you and Jaebeom ever... um..." Mark suddenly couldn't find his voice, unsure if he was ready for the answer.

"Ever?" you asked as Mark never finished his sentence but as soon as you looked at his face, you knew what he was asking. "Dear God, no. No. Not even once. The guy is like my brother."

Mark let out a breath of relief that he didn't know he was holding. He didn't even know why he cared. You were just roommates right?

Ding.

[ 18:00 ] wang puppy: you guys are still coming over for dinner right?

Ah, Jackson. Mark knew he was up to something tonight.

[ 18:01 ] la gangster: yeah we'll be there
[ 18:01 ] la gangster: you said seven right?
[ 18:02 ] wang puppy: yep. i hope you're ready for the double date

I fucking knew it, Mark thought.

[ 18:03 ] la gangster: you fucker
[ 18:03 ] la gangster: i knew you were up to something
[ 18:04 ] wang puppy: well you're not making a move
[ 18:04 ] wang puppy: so i'm making it for you

"Everything okay?" you asked Mark curiously as he was staring at his phone in fear. "You look a little freaked out there."

"Yeah, I'm okay," Mark tried to smile but it probably looked more like a grimace. "It's Jackson. I'm just scared he's going overboard tonight, that's all."

You laughed. "Tell him not to worry. I'm good with pizza or something simple. I'm gonna bring my load up now and get ready. You okay to wait for yours on your own?"

"Yeah, I'll be up in a few minutes," Mark waited till you were out the door before going back on his phone.

[ 18:10 ] la gangster: i swear to god jackson
[ 18:10 ] la gangster: don't plan anything
[ 18:11 ] wang puppy: no promises ;)
[ 18:12 ] la gangster: i'm cancelling
[ 18:12 ] wang puppy: if you cancel, i'm telling her you have a crush on her
[ 18:13 ] la gangster: you are literally the worst
[ 18:13 ] la gangster: and i do not have a crush on her
[ 18:14 ] wang puppy: yah, keep lying to yourself
[ 18:14 ] wang puppy: don't worry
[ 18:14 ] wang puppy: you'll thank me :)

Mark groaned and looked heavenward. He then looked down at his stomach, feeling light fluttering in there. What the fuck was this feeling? Jackson, what have you done?

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

3.5K 66 19
One night made me move out of my apartment. Well I was forced to by basically everyone I knew. Which considering how everything turned out its the be...
9K 55 7
When you got a new roommate, you never expected for it to get so frustrating... or so tempting... or so painful. Story was made for Tik Tok!
445 13 7
Y/n has never believed in love, he isn't into it, his sister is worried about him, always saying that she thinks he might be depressed, y/n doesn't b...
44.8K 1.1K 16
Hey! Look at that. You got your own apartment in LA, California. It seems like a beautiful day to you, like every day. You moved from (your hometown)...