Why Him? (Draco Malfoy Story)

By Rey_Frost462

My name is Davina Lilith Potter, I'm Harry Potter's little sister. And as if learning about this new life wh... More

Intro
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
News! News! News!
Its up!

Twenty-One

14.8K 320 286
By Rey_Frost462

Ah! I'm back! Sorry it took so long. Anyways I just finish one of my other stories so Im going to be focusing a lot on this and the second one.

But anyways let's begin. (You can probably guess what's going to happen)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draco and I were on the steps of a grand staircase, which no one comes to.

"You're improving." He said looking at my work. "Well done."

"Have you to thank," I replied leaning against the wall. "What about you?"

"More than perfect scores for me," he said handing me back my essays and other homework. "Not to mention the extra credit, I'm getting."

"Right," I said smiling a bit. "Umbridge's Inquisitorial Squad."

"That... and helping you."

"Seriolusly, Draco." He glances up at me. "I'm doing more than perfectly well since you help me out. How much longer does this have to go on?"

He smiled with that signature devilish grin he wore a lot. "Bored of me already?"

"No."

"I'm your tutor until Umbridge is satisfied."

I reach for something in my bag and pulled out a bracelet that was braid like the one Hagrid and Harry made for me. I went to sit beside him as he looks at me.

"Your hand."

"What...?"

I took it and place the bracelet on, tying it closed but not too tight. I had got a small snake from Hogsmeade and place it one the end. I let go of his hand as he looks at it.

"Think of it as a thank you gift."

"Why?"

"Why not?" he look at me. "It's bad I know, but I never have given out presents for Christmas before. Never really celebrated Christmas actually, until I came here." I look around. "To Hogwarts. So... go easy on me. Actually no, be honest you hate it don't you?"

"Haven't you ever gotten gifts? What about your birthday?" he sat up, facing me.

I look at my hands. "Birthday are more hard than the holidays. It's just a reminder that it was the same day my parents died. My aunt and uncle never let me forget that. They aren't pleasant people, so no I never gotten anything for holidays or my birthday. Nothing that my brother made by hand."

"I'm sorry."

I look at him.

"What?"

"You apologize for something that wasn't your doing. Maybe you do have a heart in there." I poke at his shoulder and he rolled his eyes.

"Whatever," He said giving a small scoff.

I chuckled and we sat there for a moment.

"Come on." He looks at me. "You need to smile often, it looks good on you."

"And because of that, I won't."

"Fine," I said playfully rolling my eyes. "You played really well in the last quidditch game against Hufflepuff."

"Of course. Their seeker is worst than before Diggory. Honestly, I think he was one of their best ones in a century."

"I mean it Draco." I nudge his arm. As our eyes look at one another and there was sort of small tug pulling us together. I wanted to pull away but he didn't seem to care. My heart started beating rapidly but in a good way. "You did really well. I saw it in the way you played, you love it don't you?"

"I do. It doesn't come as a shock that I am one of the best players after all," he spoke softly. I slightly chcukled but my eyes never left his.

"I seriously doubt that."

"Perhaps I can prove it to you."

"Yeah?" I smiled. "How?"

He moved up a step and turned his body to face me. "I think of some ways."

"Like what?"

But he didn't answer and it got quiet. Quiet enough to where I hear my heart pounding.

My hand reaches for something then I moved when I took his books.

"Davina." he reaches over while we both stood up while I kept holding it away leaning back as he leaned forward. I was laughing trying to get away but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back before I could leave.

"Not funny," he said.

"You have no sense of humor," I told him smiling.

"For your information I do, your just not funny."

"Or you don't know how to have fun," I told him.

"Davina?" I look over and saw Simon with Ginny walking in our direction.

"We've been looking all over for you," Ginny said looking at Draco, who was standing in beside me. "It's almost time for dinner."

"Alright, I'm going." I grabbed my things as Draco did the same. I walk down the steps and when I reach the bottom I turned back to Draco. "Goodnight Draco, thank you for today."

"Of course." He gave me a small smile. "Goodnight, Davina."

I returned the smile then joined Simon and Ginny as we headed to the great hall. We walk down the hall and when we turned I glance over at him and saw his eyes lock onto mine until we were out of sight.

"What was that all about?" Simon asked snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What?" I asked.

"You and Malfoy?" He spatted out.

"He's just tutoring me, well more like Umbridge has him spying on me. I haven't said anything." I felt the palm of my hands sweating a bit. "He doesn't even suspect anything."

That part was true but why was I feeling nervous now?

"Good," Ginny said smiling.

"That's not what I'm talking about," Simon said catching both of our attention. "He was... nice." I saw him shudder as he was disgusted with himself for saying that.

"Nice?" Ginny ask. "We all know Malfoy is anything but nice."

"Is there something going on with the two of you? How can you not see it?"

"Now you're just being silly," I told him.

"I'm not."

"You are," Ginny said. "We all know he's just pretending. Everyone in their right mind knows he watching Davina so he can tell Umbridge about everything, especially about the DA."

"Whatever," Simon said leaving the two of us alone.

"He's just jealous," Ginny said.

"Jealous? Why would Simon be jealous?"

"I mean you're hardly in practice, let alone we've all agreed with Harry it's best you distract Malfoy from finding out. Even if it does really bother him. Not to mention all the time you spend with him. Alice and I think it's driving him mad, remember he and Malfoy never get along. Not even when they were kids."

"Don't be silly Ginny."

"Alright," she said. "But a fair bit of warning... Simon likes you a lot."

"I know," I said softly. "But, I can't think about something like that Ginny. Not with Voldemort out there, besides... I don't know how I feel about him. Or I even do feel anything towards him."

"But you care for him?"

"As friends," I answered. "Anything else, I've never thought about it before."

"Well good thing we have the holidays so you can think about it. Promise me you'll think about it. You need to do something about this."

"Yeah, alright."

We were walking back to the common room. I found my brother sitting on the couch looking at the fire with a weerid smile on his face.

"I'll meet up with you Ginny," I told her as she headed for the rooms. It was silent until there were little people left in the common room.

She smiled and I walked over to him, sit down and place my things on the ground.

"What's wrong?" I told him

"I kiss Cho." harry said.

"You...?" I sat up and look at him. "And...?"

He smiled. And that's all I needed to know.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and look at the fire. "Can I ask you something?"

"Course."

"How did you know...? When you like Cho, I mean."

"I don't know. I just knew." He looks at the fire. "It was after a match in my third year I suppose... then I thought about her all the time. Notice the little things that..."

I lifted my head and let out a sigh.

"What's wrong?"

I look around and saw we were now alone. "Simon likes me."

"Really?"

I nodded.

"You don't know if you like him back?"

"I do like him." I look at my brother. "As a friend, sure. But ... as something more... I'm not entirely sure. I don't think so."

"You'll figure it out."

"Maybe. I just don't want to string him along just waiting for me, it seems rude. And the way you talk about Cho, I don't feel that way like you say I'm supposed to feel. When I think of Simon I think of my best friend, nothing more."

"If he does really like you, he'll understand. Promise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ginny and her family had left early for the holidays. Hermione, Harry and I would join them in a few days. Turns out Voldemort and my brother's mind have a sort of connection. Not like what Harry and I have, it was completely different. Last night Mr. Weasley was attack and that's what Harry saw.

Right now Harry was with Snape learning how to block his mind from Voldemort. I was in the courtyard looking as snow fell down.

"Are you cold?" I look up, seeing Simon walking over and sitting down next to me.

"I'm fine, thank you," I said not meeting his eyes.

"I heard about Mr. Weasley." he went on. "I'm sure he's fine."

I nodded. "Ginny told me he'd make it. It was close but he was lucky. But I'm worried about her and her family."

"Did they say why he was attacked?"

I shook my head. No one was suppose to know, besides everyone already making up stories about how he really got attack. And if i told him then that would result in telling him that my brother and Voldemort's mind are connected. After Harry and I just broke our link.

"Are you alright?" his arm came around me.

I finally look at him. "Yeah, just really worried."

"Davina... there's something I've been meaning to tell you."

I knew what it was.

"I um...." he look down and at his hands.

"Simon..."

"I'm sorry how I acted when Ginny and I went to get you. Seeing you with Malfoy he's never nice and it really made me angry that you were with him all the time. But I have to tell you something, I don't know when but... I sort of... I really like you Davina." he look back at me. "More than just friends."

I look away not able to look at him. "Simon..."

I felt his hand on my chin turning me to face him.

"You're kind, beatiful, and the most amazing and strongest person I've met." he leaned forwar.

I leaned back a bit but his arm was still around me.

"Wait..." Before I knew it he was kissing me. I had my eyes open and push him back a bit.

"Sorry I had to do that." he said with a big smiled. "Before I lost my courage."

I quickly got up and turned away. "I'm sorry Simon, I can't. I... I-I have to go check on my brother." not waiting for his response I walk back inside the castle and went to look for Harry. My thoughts filling me up, I felt horrible about letting him. And felt like I betray someone else. But I wasn't sure why.

~~~~~~~~~~

Draco

"He kiss her." Blaise said as we were on the fifth floor looking out and down from a window. "He bloody did it."

There was sudden anger and rage building up in me. I spun around and headed for the stairs. No, he wasn't going to win.

"Malfoy?"

"What?!"

"You don't look well very well pleased."

Well what the fuck do you think, genius? How would you feel if the girl you like was kiss by someone else?

No matter she's mine. I'll make sure of that.

"It's not over, yet."

~~~~~~~~~

Davina

I was walking in the corridors alone. It was night and tomorrow we were suppose to be on the train back home for the holidays. But i needed to clear my head. I didn't even care if Umbrdige or her squad find me. Gordic, I wanted to rip my hair out after what Simon did. Why did I let him?! What's he going to think now? Who else knows?! Merlin this is just--.

"You shouldn't be out this late." I jump and saw Draco standing there in the middle of the hall.

"Don't scare me like that." I said placing my hands in the pocket of my sweater.

"Then you know you shouldn't be out this late. Davina."

"Are you willing to overlook this, if I ask kindly?" I ask not having the energy to fight him.

"I don't give passes."

"Why because I'm a gryffindor?" I ask crossing my arms.

He just rolled his eyes and sigh. "Five points, and I'll walk you back."

"Fine." I gave in as he walk beside me and we headed to my common room.

"What's going on with you and that Simon boy?" I swear I heard a bit of bitterness in his voice.

"Nothing." I answered looking at the ground then at him. "Why do you ask?"

"Saw you and him snogging out there in the snow."

"We weren't... I never--.... He kiss me."

"And..?"

"K didn't kiss him back." i sigh. "Honestly it surprised me, mostly in shock, I still am. I just got up and left."

"You left him?" He said slightly amused.

"Shut up, I still feel horrible about it. Even more that I let him do it"

"You don't like him?"

"As a friend."

"Anything more?"

I didn't answer. But because I didn't want to, but because I didn't even know the answer.

We were silent until I notice we were passing by where the room of requirement was at.

"Um... what are we doing here?" I asked looking at him.

"Have to meet up with someone really quick." he answered.

"In the opposite side of the school?" I questioned him as we walk over to the astronomy tower.

"Alight that's a lie." He said smiling. "You show my your secret place. Let me show you mine." We went inside the tower and went over to look out into this amazing beautiful view.

"This is amazing." The stairs were out there was snow and it was absolutely stunning.

We went over it the railing and look out.

"But how is this a secret?" I ask him. "I assume everyone comes here?"

"There's no secret, I just come here to clear my thoughts. No one ever thinks to look for me here."

"Thought you loved the attention, Draco Malfoy?"

He scoffed a bit and look out leaning against the railing.

"What about you?"

"What about me?"

"Well the whole wizarding world thinks Dumbledore is conspiring against the ministry, not to mention your brother...."

I got up and walk five steps back inside then look at him.

"Harry told me something." he walk over to stand in front of me. "Something that no one else knows."

"What is it?"

"His favorite song." I watch him grow a bit disappointed.

He look at me and his face quickly drew sad. "Davina.... I--"

"I have to hand it to you." I cut him off. "It was a nice apporach, sweet actually. Almost thought you were trying to connect with me. But I've been known to learn quickly. And I'm not stupid."

"Then you probably should've been careful where you stand."

"What?" I look down than up where I saw a mistletoe. "Gordic, you've got to be joking." Draco laughed as I smack his arm and he held them up as if to surrender. "You knew."

"Not quite."

"You're a bloody git." I turned to walk out.

"Im sorry. Let me make it up to you." he said stopping me from leaving.

"How?"

"Answer me honestly, do you like Simon?"

I shouldn't have told him, but every part of me was saying to believe this was really Draco Malfoy behind the facade he put on in front of everyone, including my brother. He was caring and sweet, kind, honest....

"No I don't, I never even thought about him that way ever since I knew him. He's nice, and a great friend, but I don't think we'd work. It could but I..."

"You..?"

"I don't want it that way. He's my best friend nothing more. But..."

"But..?"

"I never kiss anyone before. Then Simon came and took it, and I hate myself that what could've been my first kiss was taken away."

"Really?" He look at me with such seriousness with a hint of amusement. "No one? You never had kiss anyone?"

"You're going to tease me about it aren't you?"

"No I won't. You'll have my word." he said smiling.

"How am I suppose to believe that?" i ask him.

"Alright, how's this? You go enjoy your holidays, when you come back I'll help you break it to him. I won't even say anything, but I'll help in any way I can."

"How do I know you're not lying to me, just so I would be utterly humiliated when you tell the entire school?"

He smiled placing one hand on my cheek as he step closer to me. "You have my word. Besides I'll give you one thing you've yearned for."

"And what's that?"

"You'll see."

I was about to say something but he suddenly cut me off by leaning down and kissing me. I froze in place as I was panicking but then my body relax. Unlike Simon's kiss, this one... felt... amazing. I closed my eyes and leaned in to him. Without even realizing it, I was kissing Draco back. This was the kiss I've always dreamt of, the kiss that took my breathe away and made everything disappear.

His other hand wrap themselves around my waist. My hands went from my side to sliding up his arm and holding them there. Draco pulled back, leaning his forehead against mine, my eyes were half open while my mind was still off, trying to process what happened.

"Now you have something to use against me, should I ever back on my word. I won't even deny it." He took my hand and step back. "Come now, I'll escort you to your tower."

I notice part of me was a bit eager to do it again and another part crazily wanted to. He walk me back and let me take the stairs when I look back I saw he was watching me.

"Why?" I couldn't help myself ask.

"You look broken knowing Simon took your first kiss. But technically, it wasn't. You didn't kiss him back. And if you were going to do better, I wouldn't mind giving you what you wanted."

"And what is that?"

He didnt answer me just raised his hand to brush a strand of my hair back. He leaned down again and place another kiss on my lips before pulling back. Which made me smile and blush a bit.

"There's that beautiful smile. Never lose that Davina, you have no idea how many dark worlds your smile can light up." he leaned again, but this time he kiss my cheek. "Sweet Dreams Davina, have a safe holidays."

And with that he walk away.

~~~~~~~~~

We were back at headquarters sitting around the table.

"Here we go." Mrs. Weasley said pushing Mr. Weasley who was on a chair. "Daddy's back."

We all clap.

"Alright everybody sit down. It's time for presents."

Molly than handed us each our own presents. I opened mine and there was a knitted scarf.

"Thank you Mrs. Weasley." I told her. It didn't look much but it meant the world to me.

"Your welcome dear."

Fred and George pass around glasses and I took a sip with Ginny as we giggled.

"Oh Harry." Molly said walking over to her and embracing him. I saw Ginny's expression soften, she knew that Harry and Cho kiss and whether or not she cared to admit it. It hurt her.

"A Chirstmas toast." Mr. Weasley said catching all our attention. "To harry, with out whom I would not be here today. To Harry." I look at my brother and also notice Siruis by the door.

"Harry." we all said in unison.

"Harry." Sirius said.

"Come on let's eat." Molly said giving us each a plate and we began to eat.

After we the I headed up the the room where I saw a house elf. I didn't say much but I did heard it say somethings.

I headed up to my room and grab my journal. I sat at the foot of my bed, reliving Draco kissing me. I brush my finger where he kiss me, feeling myself get warm and smiled a bit. I let myself fall back, laying on the bed. The kiss... It was nice and secretly, I didn't want to admit it, and deeply I think... it was possible. A tiny bit of a chance... if it was even true... I might possibly be developing some... not completely sure... that I'm feeling something towards Draco. Possibly. But that couldn't be possible. Right? But I haven't been able to get him out of my head since that night. Not that I'm complaining.... What am I talking about I shouldn't be. Right?

Reliving the memory, I smiled as I look at the ceiling. Wake up Davina!

"There you are." I look at the door, snapping out of my thoughts, and saw Sirius and Harry walking in.

"Everything alright?" Sirius ask.

"Fine." I said clamly. But I wasn't.

"Come you two." he said gesturing me to follow. "It's only proper I give you both something."

I followed still holding my journel in my hand. We walk to a room further down that look like a house office. I say look because there was a bed and it was more of a room. We walk in as Sirius walk over behind the desk and both handed us something.

"It's not much, but better than nothing."

Harry had got a coat and a watch, which was magic of course. I opened mine and there were earrings, and this beautiful cloak.

"Thank you, Sirius." Harry said.

"Now, go get some sleep. You both have a train to catch tomorrow."

I walk down and notice a room that look like a tree was painted on the walls. I walk in and saw names written underneath pictures.

"I see you found the Black family tree." Sirius said walking in.

I look at him then back to see the last of the tree. Beside Sirius there were three sister with the name black. Immediately I recognize one of the names.

"Tonks?" I glanced at my godfather. "Like Nymphadora?"

He nodded. I look back and saw Narcissa and saw her spouse. "Malfoy."

"Pure-blood activist my family were, you should've seen their reaction when I was sorted into Gryffindor. Shock the life out of them."

"So.... the entire black family tree was Slytherin?"

He nodded. "Believe it or not, my cousin was disowned by my aunt and uncle when she fell in love with a muggle born."

"So, Dora, she's your niece?"

"That's the general idea."

"So..." he look at me. "The idea that your best friend is dating your niece is not bothering you?"

He chuckled. "You're a smart one. But as long as they are both happy I am."

"The Malfoy's, are they also your family?"

"So to say." he stood beside me. "Harry mentioned how Umbridge has Draco close to find out about your little defense class."

The very mention of his name brought back our recent interaction. Which I couldnt look at my brother godfather knowing what happened between us.

"Yeah." I look back at the tree.

"He also mention about a boy that has a interest in you."

"Harry should be one to talk. He finally kiss the girl he was scared to kiss for the past year and a half." I told sirius not really wanting to dive into the part where I might be crushing on Draco. Because I shouldn't.

Sirius chuckled. "Do you perhaps want to talk about it?"

"There's nothing much really. Simon kiss me, after telling me he likes me."

"But...."

I wanted to say it but I couldn't. So I continued with Simon. "I just never seen him more than just a friend."

"Perhaps you ought to let him know that." he wrap an arm around my shoulders. "Let's get you to bed."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

94.9K 3.1K 33
(Book 1 of Fate trilogy) ************** "We won't leave you", they grinned wickedly. He smiled and said,"My time is up. Avada Kedavera". Everything w...
81.7K 830 44
Lilith Black was ignored her whole life. Her father, Sirius Black didn't care about her, because she didn't give a fuck about the Order of the Pheoni...
541K 6.5K 68
Draco Malfoy love story. Friendship, smut, love, hate, trauma, broken hearts. MATURE CONTENT! 15+ ~ "You make me feel like I'm stuck, Emelia! Like I'...
7.8K 136 7
Okey so this is not the best story you will ever read but give me creds for trying! A Draco Malfoy fanfiction! Lucius is abusing Draco just because h...