Foster Kidz(Completed)

By Rockydawriter

When Jahturi Mulann moves to a new state, she's met with a new foster home. She takes an interest in someon... More

Chapter 1: Bye Bye Saunter Springs
Chapter 2:First glimpse
Chapter 3: First day🏫
Chapter 4 : First time
Chapter 5: Birthday Girl
Chapter 6: Home sweet home
Chapter 7: Christmas Party
Chapter 8: Colors
Chapter 9: HIM
Chapter 10: It's over

Chapter 11: Hard Goodbyes

4K 150 84
By Rockydawriter

"Line up in your orders from yesterday's rehearsal. We have to get this show on the road, your families are waiting. " Our principal, Mr. Charlie announces.

I look in the mirror once more, making sure my cap and gown fits me like it did yesterday. Afterwards, I walk to my place in the front of the line and Tez grabs my hand from behind. She whispers into my ear trying to calm my nerves.

"It's okay, you got this. "

My palms are sweaty but I still manage to grip onto her. I've never been a fan of public speaking and I practiced in a mirror for weeks on end. The music starts and I walk to the X marked on the floor like we rehearsed. I'm met with the salutatorian of our class, and we part ways to different sides, sitting in our chairs. Tez sits next to me and my worries subside as she locks our fingers again.

When everyone is seated, Mr. Charlie stands before us at the microphone. He stares out at us before speaking.

"Good evening families and friends, ladies and gentlemen. " He trails off introducing himself and giving a motivational speech.

Blah. Blah. Blah. Blah

"We will now bring up our Valedictorian and salutatorian, Jahturi Mulann and Teziyah Cummins. " He states.

Cheering from our fellow graduates and the families in the crowed echoed in the large hall. Tez and I eyed each other, stood up,  then made our way up the stairs to the podium.

"And now a word from the valedictorian. "

My throat swells up with nervousness and Tez sensed it. Her grip on my hand tightened and she nods at me. I smile at her then turn my gaze unto the people in the crowd.

"Good evening fellow graduates and families. " I greet. "Before today I couldn't imagine what a high school graduation would look like. I bounced from foster home to foster home until I finally just stayed an orphan of the state. Though they schooled us,  we never held graduations for those who completed schooling or aged out.  But as I stand here with you all,  I've realized how much I've grown from that. How much we've all grown. Some of us grew up together. Some,  like myself, came late but was still welcomed by staff, students and the community. I believe I speak for all of us when I say none of this year was easy. There were fights, "

I look to Naomi who is in the crowd and I nod to her,  out of respect because I'm too much of a woman to hold grudges. I see that now.

"Drama, devastation and so much more. We've lost friends, acquired new ones, broke up with our spouses and found the loves of our lives and grew with each other." I said looking at a smiling Tez.

"Through all of the bad we had faculty who cared, and led us in the right direction. No matter how far we all go from Linketa Heights High School,  we'll always have the memories binding us together. We'll remember this day, our senior trip, our first time meeting each other and it'll draw us all back to this place. I'm not an orphan anymore, I came here dreading the thought of school and here I am on top. Here we are on top of all our baggage,  friends. On top of not having parents, being gay, being judged, being neglected and everything else that could sink is down, we rose above it. You all grew. Now it's time for another chapter of our lives and I know every single one of you are ready. I am too, thank you."

At some point I'd began crying and Tez hugs me as we move over for Charlie to speak.

"Wonderful. We will now ask that these two accept the award to graduate. "

Both Tez and I speak into the microphone.

"On behalf of the Linketa Heights graduating class of 2019, we accept this award. " we say in unison.

They direct us back to our seats and begin to call names. I was first.

"Jahturi Mulann... "

I get up and walk up the stairs grabbing my flowers and plaque, I shake hands with members of the Board of Education and head back to my seat. I can't stop myself from crying as Tez grabs her rose and plaque. She's really going to be leaving me, and I will miss her with everything inside of me. We all have to grow up, I know,  but I thought we'd grow up together. She takes her seat and hands me her rose.

"For you my ever so pleasant valedictorian." she jokes.

I laugh through the tears and hug her tight. It's going to suck leaving all of this behind. All of. Her being.. Behind. She hugs me tight and sits.

"We're really going different ways.. " I sigh.

"It's not going to be all that bad. We can videochat everyday and visit each other. "

I know it's a lie but I wanted so desperately to believe it. The happiest part of today was throwing out caps in the sky. Mine, was decorated with a picture of Tez and I working on a lab experiment,  bejeweled hearts and a phrase that said "I love our chemistry." Hers was equally punny and I loved it. We never officially got back together or talked about it but we'd ordered it in advance and I'm pleased about it.

Everyone collects their caps from under the confetti cover ground and make their way out the exits to their families. Angela and Jerry take pictures of Tez and I, alone and together. Hannah walks up to me and Tez and hugs us both.

"You did ittttt Tezzy and Turi!" she yells.

We laugh and our final pictures are all together as a family.  We go out to eat at an old fashioned diner and Tez and I sit next to each other. We've talked about telling them for a while now, but tonight was the night we chose.

"Umm.. Angela and Jerry. " we both call.

They look up at us from their menus and smile.

"Yea?" they ask.

Tez and I glance at each other, scared they'd be upset at us.

"Tez and I were together. " I say.

They laugh and look at us. "Oh we know. " Jerry informs us.

"Of course we knew sweetie. You guys were inseparable. " Angela giggles.

Tez sighs and relief and I do the same. We all order burgers except for Hannah. She gets a milkshake and chicken nuggets. We all eat laughing and conversing back an forth. Trying to forget what comes next.

-----------------------------------------------------------
My things are packed and loaded into the van. Tez came back to say goodbye to me. She stands in the doorway of the house and I stare back at her. The lump in my throat is painful and my heart aches for more time with her. She walks over to me, sighing as her thumb brushes over my cheek bone gently. My eyes fill with regret and sadness as I sob against her. She holds me and whispers.

"It's all gonna be okay.. We'll see each other again, I promise. " she assures me.

"What if you forget about me?" I ask. "What if someone else catches your attention?"

"Not possible. " She wipes my tears and kisses my lips softly.

Jerry clears his throat and we laugh. Hannah runs to me.

"Don't go Turi,  you can't go. " she says and I pick her up.

"I have to baby.. But I'll be back in no time,  I promise I will." I reassure her.

Her tear stained cheeks turn a rosy  color and she clings to me. I rub her back shushing her for a while. She finally calms down and I stand her up on her feet.

"Jahturi.. It's time to go. " Angela says.

I look back at Tez.

"I'll love you.. Forever and always. " I say.

"Always and forever.. I'll love you too."

I walk to the car and get inside parting ways with a years worth of security. I sink into the seat feeling nothing but sadness wash over me. Angela rubs my head and drives the two hours it takes to get to Oakalend University. When we arrive I check in and mom helps me to carry my things to my dorm. It was filled with things from someone else and I am NOT ready to meet anyone new yet. Angela sits the last thing upstairs and she cries hugging me.

"It came too soon" she says.

I hug her tight and soon after I'm left alone with my thoughts. I think to go out on the quad and sign up for some clubs or something, so I suck my sorry ass sadness up and go downstairs. There's an information desk and many clubs out. One caught my eye,  poetry club. I walk over to it and a I'm greeted with a warm smile. She a girl with blonde hair, light skin and burning brown eyes. She extends her hand to me.

"Hiiii! Welcome to Oakalend University! I see you might have an interest in poetry and you'd love this club." she exclaims handing me a pamphlet. "In this club we go to many spoken words, we compete in the national poetry competition and we travel all around for regionals and finals. It's a great experience. "

I smile and thank her after we finish our conversation. I decide to head back up to my dorm because too many people began to arrive when suddenly I'm knocked over into a bush.

"My bad shorty Ian mean to do det. " a voice apologized from above me.

She helps me up from the bush and I look her up and down. She has a slick ponytail and and a hat on. My attitude ceased and I brush myself off.

"It's fine. Don't worry about it. " I say walking off.

"Ian get ya name!" she calls after me.

"You don't need it!" I shout back making my way up to my dorm.

I make my way up the stairs and unlock my dorm door rushing inside and closing it behind me. The shower is running in the bathroom and a sense of curiosity fills my bones. I wonder what she looks like,  if she's girly or stud looking.  If she's nice or mean. If she has crack head tendencies.  I shiver at the thought of that. I really want to know who my mystery roommate is. I look out of the window, playing I spy with myself. I pick out different faces in the school of baby guppies standing out in the quad.

Everyone was signing up for clubs and sororities. I hope none of them get hazed.  I watched a movie once where they left this bitch in a casket  and she came back to slaughter them. I don't have time for any of that paranormal shit. My phone buzzes and I get a text from Tez.

Sent from imessage:

Teziyah😩❤: Did you make it there safely?

Me: yesssss.  It'd be so much better if you were here though.🤦🏾

Teziyah😩❤: I know,  I know. We're going to see each other really soon. Sooner than you expect.

Me: promise?

Teziyah😩❤: I promise you Jahturi. I never break a promise.

I sigh at how lonely I feel.  Now the only way I'll reach the love of my life is through a fucking phone. The bathroom door swings open. I jerk out of surprise but nonetheless my focus is still on my phone. Steam poured into the room from her hot shower and I could tell she was drying off by the sound the towel made dragging across her body. She must've came and grabbed some clothes.  I don't want to look up and she think I'm weird for seeing her but I did. Her brown hair damp, her chin dimple sat right in the middle of her chin and her smug smile plastered across her face.

"Tez!" I scream and hug her wet body, tightly.

"I never break a promise."

***Author notes***
This is the end of this book. However, I may or may not make a sequel to this book🤷🏾.  Vote for me. Thank you for the readdsss and votes.

Finished 10•27•19

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 63.2K 59
As future king, Prince Thomas is set to hold his selection in order to find a wife. 20 girls from the Commonwealth are chosen to compete for his hear...
48.3K 879 33
Husk is an Overlord and Angel is a pornstar... what in hell could go wrong? Picture is not mine :D
1.8M 59.6K 67
"Little Valerie," said Kai, bending closer to me. "Are you blackmailing me into dating you?" He didn't seem particularly disturbed by the notion. In...
16.5M 640K 62
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...