One Summer, One Goal

By Intelligent_Bookworm

After Audrey's work-focused parents sent her off to a socializing camp, Castra Kappa Pi, let's say there's a... More

o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w en t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
t h i r t y f o u r
t h i r t y f i v e
• A U T H O R •
OTHER WORKS

s i x

359 20 0
By Intelligent_Bookworm

I returned to my cabin completely exhausted. Realization occured to me and I just noticed that I was the first one to arrive. Madison, Erika, nor Zoë has step foot in this cabin.

"Hmm... guess I have some time for myself then," I hummed, making my way to my cabinet.

I pulled open the cabinet doors and found a clean pair of leggings and a fit sleeveless white top.

Quickly, I headed to the shower and let the cold pouring water carress my body. I'm so friggin tired! I can't keep up with this lousy activity and Alex Cooper!

Sighing, I massaged my temples as I taught about it in the shower. First, my parents came abusing my personal life, my brother and boyfriend left for college, I'm sent to this lousy camp and the highlight of it is that I'm stuck with Alex Cooper, thank you very much!

I stepped out of the shower afterwards as I wrapped a towel around my drenched hair followed by changing into the clothes I picked out.

Finally feeling fresh and neat, I hummed a song of Why Don't We. I was about to head out of the door to get some fresh air when something colorful  on my desk caught my eye.

I hunched over and saw a colored envelope addressed to me. Huh? I looked around prior cautiously taking a seat behind the table. Never in my life have I received something like this.

My fingers carefully opened the envelope to reveal a folded letter. Biting my lip, I unfolded the letter and began reading.

Hey Sis,

So I heard you're at camp, Castra Kappa Pi. I hope you have fun there! I miss you. College has been crazy lately and my schedule has been wilder than usual. I'm not able to go home  in a few months probably. But I'll do my best to clear my schedule.

I know it's difficult to deal with Mom and Dad's lectures about becoming the future CEO of our company but I'm sure you'll figure something out.

It's been very complex around here. Been trying to finish college to become a successful lawyer like Mom and Dad wanted.

Anyways, I love you :)

-Shawn Chandler :)

A small grin made its way to my lips. Somehow, I've been overwhelmed with sadness, heartbreak and at the same time, Shawn tugged at my heartstrings.

I took in the scent of the envelope. It smells like Shawn's cologne. I clutched it close to my heart, sighing.

Gosh, I miss my brother!

I looked out of the window and curled and twisted my pen in my hands. He is so fucking sweet. I don't deserve him.

But the thought of it will take few months more before I get to be in his arms again dawned on me, sadness clouded my head.

As soon as possible, I began scribbling a letter for my older brother. It will take a few days before he'll receive this though so that's why I'm sending him a note now.

Shawn,

Thank you so much for sending the note. Camp sucks right now and your note practically cheered me up.

I needed that letter. Thank you again. Too bad I won't get to see you but I want you to know how much I love you and miss you!

XOXO Audrey

I tucked the letter into a sealed envelope then set it inside my drawer, procrastinating, deciding I would send this letter at the mail post later this afternoon.

Licking my lips, I continued looking out at the clumps of trees surrounding the island. I propped my feet up on the desk once I took off my towel, leaving my hair slightly damped.

I twirled a lock of hair between my fingers, visualizing and reliving the moments I had with Ian.

Damn it, I miss him.

Why can't I have my life simple? Like other teenagers my age? Why does mine have to be filled with people leaving? Why does it have to be flooded with tears? Why do I get raised by the strict and business-money addicted family?

A few days away from home and I already feel light headed. A few days away from home and instead of enjoying what Castra Kappa Pi is giving me, I'm still stressing over my personal problems.

I ran my hands roughly, sinking them into my scalp. The more I thought about my horrid situation, the more disturbed I became and the quick-as-lightning I clicked on my pen while gritting me teeth.

Will my life ever turn upside down?

I want to escape my reality.

I need a place where I could get my head back in the game and not up in the clouds.

Technically, I'm being tangled and trampled in a web filled with firm difficulty: family, money, love, and the new adversity that tagged along: the dare.

Fuck, forgot that I need to fix up that situation as soon as possible.

What if I just give up and forfeit? Well, that's an easy option but not the right choice for I'll be losing money.

Well, look on the bright side, your family is loaded, you could regain that cold cash of $600.00. Wrong decision because I'll end up being an arrogant obssessed with money bitch.

Just thinking about it makes lines in ny forehead wrinkle and form. I leaned against my chair as I sighed, trying my best not to think of this any longer.

I was lost in my track of mind and train of gloom when a figure approached in front of my window.

Leaning forward to get a better angle of the person, I almost had a heart attack on the spot! Oh gosh, bless my eyes!

There stood a tall figure in his pants and his upper half completely bare, his sweat trickling down his face as his body glistened under the sun. His shaggy brown hair was up in his face as his chain necklace swayed as he moved. The guy had a strong, firm and solid six pack. His muscular arms were pretty match covered with a few tattoos. He had a bandana tied around his head.

Shit! It was Alex!

Hmm... I thought. We just came back from an exhausting and tiresome journey of activities and he is pushing himself to do this! I stared at the axe hanging over his shoulder, supported by his hand then my eyes grazed over at the stack of wood planted out.

I furtively observed as he brought out the axe, lifting it with mighty force then brought it back down for numerous times, causing the wood he was cracking open to break.

I placed down the pen I kept twisting in my fingers then slowly hopped out of the chair. Carefully, I pulled open the door then stepped outside just to cure my curiosity.

"Hey," I said coolly, leaning against the doorframe of my cabin, my arms folded across my chest as I stared at the pile of wood scattered.

Alex's eyes ustuck themselves from his duty to turn who was conversing with him. He raised his brows then wiped the smudge of sweat on hid face.

He looked back kinda surprised,"Oh, hey, idiot!" He greeted back plainly, continuing his job: slicing down wood.

"So whatcha doin' here?" I questioned, picking on my nails while trying to make eye contact, "Work I see?"

I figured trying to be close with him would make everything easier for me and will probably get the job done. I mean I do have to be close with my partner during the entire summer and I still have to complete The Dare.

Alex threw his axe heavily on the pile of wood causing me to jump a little. His eyes were flooded with annoyance as he stormed off towards my direction.

Every step he took caused me to take a step backward. That's when I felt him grab my wrist with his iron grip then chucked me around to face his dreadful glare.

Is he still mad about everything that happened earlier?

His lip finally moved after a short period of silence, "Listen, alright? It's not your business to know what I'm doing? So stick your nosy butt into your cabin and call your dead grandfather or something..."

I couldn't help but notice his abs against my body and I felt myself grow hot. Gosh, he has a beautiful body. It's not that I'm a pervert or betraying Ian. It's just that... who could look away from those six pack?

Hoping he didn't notice me staring, I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. I tried to act cool about it, hoping I sounded convincing,"Alright, alright... You don't have to twitch on your nerves you know?"

"Hey!"

We turned to see Sam running towards us. She jogged over to Alex, catching her breath, holding out a wad of cash for him.

Alex stuck the money in his jeans then Sam said, "Thanks for doing work, buddy. We really need these during campfire," I don't know if she's referring to the wood or his muscular strength or something.

Sam somehow noticed my presence, "Oh hey... Anderson! Didn't see ya there..." Oof. That was kinda painful to hear.

Sam ran off to her office to do some work afterwards. Once she was out if plain sight, I stared at my despiteful socializing buddy,"Hmm... I guess you have a summer job here at camp, "I said, referring to his current occupation of chopping down wood.

I was basically mocking and making fun of  Alex when I somehow took notice of his twitching and shaking forearms, red burning face and his jelly-like legs.

My face melted into concern, "I honestly think it's best if you go get some rest," I suggested in a sweet tone.

He rolled his eyes at me,"My mental health is none of your concern, Anderson, so you could leave!"

"Does it look like I want to be alone during the next and future activities?" I cocked a brow with a string of the obvious, "I can't solve everything on my own!"

Alex lifted the newly pile of chopped wood with hos rogue hands then transfered them to a clean spot.

He stared at me with a mocking look,"Awww... does someone miss me?"

"I have a boyfriend, freak."

Avoiding that remark of mine, he commented, "So you admit it?"He asked, blinking.

"Admit what?"

"That I'm better than you when it comes to these activities...?"

"Bitch, try me!" I challenged in a confident voice.

Alex shook his head,"You better go now, stupid, I still have a lot of work to finish. Bye."

"But-"

He cut me off, walking towards my back then pushing me off, a foot away from his workspace.

"But bye," He sang.

~~~

"I see the way you look at him..." seethed a glaring Kylie, "You're into him aren't you Audrey?"

Taken aback, I furrowed my brows, "What do you mean?" I asked before taking a bite out of the apple I picked out in the cafeteria hall.

Kylie massaged her temples, "You like him don't you?!" She narrowed her beady little eyes at me.

"Can you stop doing this?" I questioned angrily, referring to her assuming that I've fallen for Alexander Cooper, "You do know I have a boyfriend right?" I reminded her after taking a number of bites out of the apple.

"Very funny, Chandler, but I could see right through you..." She stated,"I've known you most of my life!"

I rolled my eyes, "And I know you're the queen of snobiness, thank you very much, Kylie."

She eyed me as if I'm something she accidentally picked out of her fucking vagina!

"Just remember what I told you.." Kylie threatened, "Stay away from him! He is mine! One wrong move and from Anderson, the entire camp will know you as Chandler, the daughter of-"

Interrupting her, I got up quite annoyed and irritated, "Alright! I have to go. I don't have time to deal with desperadas."

As I left the cafeteria, I felt an overwhelming urge in my head. I couldn't stop thinking what Kylie said.

What if...it's true?

What if she'll expose my true identity? I couldn't just walk away from Alex! I'm stuck with that douche for the entire summer and I still have to finish that dare.

"Audrey!"

My name in the distance made me snap out of my thoughts and deep conversation with myself.

There stood my friends, Madison and Erika, waving at me. That negative energy left me and a smile rose up till' my cheeks once I caught sight of them.

"Hey!" I wiggled my fingers, mustering a smile as I made my way towards them.

Erika's smile widened as she began interviewing me,"So how was it?" She laughed.

"How was what?" I blinked in confusion.

Erika chuckled again, "You know..." She winked at me. I knew what she meant now, "Your hot partner."

"He's a pain to the ass," I replied with a frown,"I might be giving up $600.00 by the end of the summer."

Madison began, "So tell me, what was the answer to your activity by the way?"

"Love."

Erika shrugged, "Sounds accurate."

"Excuse me-?"

"Anyways, Dennis and I got cruelty," Erika shared, "He's okay I guess."

Maddy gushed,"Ours was passion and let me tell you that Ben is a sweet gentleman despite his basketball appearance!" She gossiped with a hint of red forming in her cheeks.

"Good for you," I grumped, "Mine pushed me down a well."

Both of them gasped then said in unison, "SERIOUSLY?! THAT SOUNDS SO IMMATURE!"

"Well that's Alex Cooper!" I said sarcastically and enthusiastically at the same time, complementing everything with a massive eyeroll and jazz hands.

Maddy looked a bit concern, "I guess we could say that achieving your goal for the sunmer is harder than we thought it would be," She shrugged

Erika had this mischievous glint in her eye, "You could always give up, girlfriend and let that hottie leave your life..."

"No to giving up and yes to let him crawl out of my life," I pointed out, "Besides, what will I even do with him?"

Madison shook her head, "Pushing you down a well is a horrible start...tsk tsk tsk."

Erika's eyes lit up, "But girl, I saw you two getting loved up while he was chopping wood. And damn, if you're not having him, let me snatch him. He has a body of the definition of hotness."

"We're more on arguing and what you said is far from what we did," I giggled admittingly, "And I don't understand I have to remind everyone recently that I'm dating Ian Morayne!"

A smirk formed on Erika and Madison's face as they proclaimed simultaneously, "Something tells me this summer is gonna be interesting."

I shook my head,"Pardon?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 80.9K 44
Carter Miller is a 17 year old girl who started moving around with her mom when her dad died. They end up in her moms hometown for Carter to graduate...
We✔ By Rhea

Teen Fiction

3.6K 493 48
Three best friends An amazing trip That's all it takes for life to be wonderful again. Except there's one question. ....... Three friends. Lily...
43.6K 1.1K 36
Currently being edited "You're a fucking mother, you have kids? and you are just now telling me?" Percy yelled Emery is a 16-year-old mother of twin...
8K 136 43
Evanly's desires of being loved, feeling affection, satisfaction and sex were casted aside as she was stuck in a loveless marriage, but light shined...