๐™ท๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š›๐š, ๐™ผ๐š’๐š—๐š ๐™ฐ๐š—๐š ๏ฟฝ...

By Madame_Diamond

||Ninjago x Reader|| We miss what we've lost, then forget what we have... You have lost your memories, they a... More

Chapter 1: Aches Of Amnesia
Chapter 2: Wandering Days
Chapter 3: Home
Chapter 4: Junkyard Brawl
Chapter 5: Never Trust So Easily
Chapter 6: Just A Can Of Peanuts
Chapter 7: Make An Enemy Into Your Friend
Chapter 8: King Of Snakes
Chapter 9: Mechanical Heart
Chapter 10: Spark
Chapter 11: Harmonize
Chapter 12: The Royal Blacksmiths
Chapter 13: New Roommate
Chapter 14: Light The Flame
Chapter 15: All Or Nothing
Chapter 16: Rise Of The Devourer
Chapter 17: Giant Snake Problem
Chapter 18: The Fall Of The Great Devourer
Chapter 19: Starting From The Bottom
Chapter 20: What You Have Is What You Need
Chapter 21: Dareth
Chapter 22: Yar, There Be Pirates
Chapter 23: Pirates Vs Ninja
Chapter 24: The Cake Is A Lie
Chapter 25: Double Trouble
Chapter 26: Ninjaball Run
Chapter 27: Child's Play
Chapter 28: Wrong Place
Chapter 29: Wrong Time
Chapter 30: Unresolved Wounds
Chapter 31: Stone Army Uprising
Chapter 32: Voyage To Sea
Chapter 33: Lighthouse In The Storm
Chapter 34: Preparation
Chapter 35: Lights That Shine In A Dark Place
Chapter 36: Countdown
Chapter 37: Loss Of Color
Chapter 38: Dawn Of A New Era
Chapter 39: Resurgence
Chapter 40: The Silent Fist
Chapter 41: Off The Grid
Chapter 42: Broken Bonds
Chapter 43: Golden Curse
Chapter 44: Digitalize
Chapter 45: Time Spent Together
Chapter 46: Among The Stars
Chapter 47: Titanium Heart
Chapter 48: Clockwork Heart
Chapter 49: Lost And Found
Chapter 51: Meeting Of Old Friends
Chapter 52: Skepticism
Chapter 53: This Is How We Play The Game
Chapter 54: Raising The Stakes
Chapter 55: Black And Blue
Chapter 56: The Roundabout
Chapter 57: Nothing To See
Chapter 58: Everything Is Not What It Seems
Chapter 59: Regrets And Apologies
Chapter 60: The Unknown Element
Chapter 61: Where Your Loyalties Lie
Chapter 62: Only One Remained
Chapter 63: Stuck In The Present
Chapter 64: Serendipity At Its Finest
Chapter 65: It's A Start In The Right Direction
Chapter 66: Money Under The Table
Chapter 67: Twist And Turn Of Events
Chapter 68: Winds of Change
Chapter 69: Where Various Paths Collide
Chapter 70: Follow The Wind
Chapter 71: Weep Not For Roads Untravelled

Chapter 50: Outsiders

10.1K 356 1.2K
By Madame_Diamond

Song Quote: The Outsider
"People are connecting. Don't know what to say. I'm good at protecting what they wanna take. Spilt the milk at breakfast, hit me double hard. And I grinned at you softly cause I'm a fucking wild card."
~~~

Third Person's Pov:
"(Y/n)! Where are you?" Lloyd called out to the girl but got no reply. The green ninja has been searching the entire monastery for the (h/c) haired girl. It's time for her to start her lesson with his father and she's nowhere to be found.

He peaked his head into his bedroom, hoping that she was just hanging out with her headphones and that's why she hasn't answered him.

The green ninja let out a sigh as he stood in front of his bed. (Y/n)'s always making Lloyd worry.

His worries really taking hold around the time she started training with his dad. She didn't speak much, focusing solely on the lessons and training. To the point that he would catch her in dojo in the early hours of the morning.

Lloyd and (Y/n) didn't talk much except for idle conversation. He was busy trying to keep the other ninja together and dealing with his own grief that he didn't reach out.

And if he did, (Y/n) would only keep her emotions close to her chest for no one to see.

There's a part of him that doesn't want to lose anyone anymore. When you think about it, a lot of people has left Lloyd behind. His mother, father, Sensei Wu, now Zane and finally the ninja going their separate ways.

Sure people come and go, his relationship with him and his parents have finally mended, but those feelings and fear of abandonment stick.

Lloyd fears (Y/n) doing the same. Afraid that she too will disappear from his life for good.

(Y/n) is the type to move around as she pleases.

The green ninja called out for her once more "(Y/n)!-"

"Gimme your ankles!" The devil herself shouted cutting him off. Lloyd felt two hands grab his legs mid step causing him to trip and fall on the floor.

(Y/n) popped her head out from underneath his bed. She wore a playful grin as she giggled to herself for spooking the legendary green ninja himself.

Lloyd laid on the floor processing what just happened. Noticing his silence, (Y/n)'s eyebrows creased with worry.

The girl scooting next to him "Wait are you hurt?" She asks with guilt in her voice.

Lloyd immediately sat up "N-no, you just surprised me" he stammered in an effort to reassure the girl. "What were you doing under my bed?" he changed the subject to deflect that she indeed spook him.

What really startled him was (Y/n)'s playfulness. It's a side of her that always comes and goes like the fleeting cherry blossoms of spring.

Only coming out when she lets down her guard.

"I wanted to scare the green ninja. I'm the monster under your bed" she chuckled darkly with that chaotic look on her face.

Lloyd smirked at her with his arms crossed. "I'm not afraid of monsters" he affirmed in a half serious playful tone.

"You used to be" (Y/n) teased and flicked Lloyd on the forehead making the green ninja blush in embarrassment.

He coughed into his hand as the flush faded from his face. "Anyways, my Dad's looking for you to start your next lesson" The green ninja changed the subject as he took her hand and stood up.

She thanks the green ninja and leaves his bedroom with Lloyd following behind.

Lloyd was secretly hoping that his father would finally let him watch their training session.

"Whatcha doing Echo?" (Y/n) asked the copper nindroid once they entered the dojo.

Echo sat off to the side with Mindroid who was tied to a chair. Those living at the monastery are unsure if the nindroid is still a threat.

He won't tell anyone any of his intentions or why he was in (Y/n)'s van. They tied him up until they figure out what to do with the nindroid.

The copper nindroid perked up at the sound of her voice. "I was just showing Mindroid the games on your phone" He smiled brightly and showed the (h/c) haired girl the screen.

Mindroid nodded his head at you followed by some beeps.

"-.-- --- ..- / .... .- ...- . / - --- --- / -- .- -. -.-- / --. .- -- . ..."

"That means more for us to play" Echo replied to Mindroid as he tapped away at your smart phone.

(Y/n) raised an eyebrow at the two confused "You understand what he's saying?" She inquired.

Echo has been trying to make friends with Mindroid ever since they tied him up.

"Yeah, I recognized the pattern of his beeps and he's speaking in Morse code" The copper nindroid enthused and tried explaining how it works.

"There you are" Garmadon greeted (Y/n) as he entered the room after stepping away for a moment. "Let's get started shall we?"

(Y/n) nodded in agreement as Garmadon noticed Lloyd sitting down with Echo and Mindroid.

"Sorry Lloyd but you know you can't watch our lessons" Garmadon reminded the green ninja in a stern tone.

"Come on Dad, I wanna hear some of the great wisdom you're passing onto (Y/n)" Lloyd lied with a lighthearted smile which only made his father sigh.

Garmadon shook his head "You don't even listen during our training lessons." The sensei used his staff to poke at his son and make him leave. "Up you go, your mother needs help with dinner so go do that."

"Alright, alright, I'll go" The green ninja sighed as his father shut the door right behind him.

"Why can't I watch?" He grumbled under his breath as he stood in the hallway. Echo and Mindroid get to be present, but why not him?

He was curious about (Y/n)'s abilities, but he was also worried for the girl. Lloyd has no doubt that she's been pushing herself to the limits when he's not around.

Despite his Dad's words nagging the back of his head, he knelt down and watched from a crack in the sliding door.

~~~

Your Pov:
You know why Garmadon doesn't let Lloyd watch your lessons.

It's to protect you both.

In your lessons, you've been practicing control of these powers you hold. From these efforts you've learned how potentially dangerous they are if you lose control.

Garmadon has even told you more about magic, but not a lot. He's unsure of the nature of your powers, elemental or magical in origin.

Your sensei has focused heavily on teaching discipline, control and learning your limits as you build your strength. All of these skills can apply to both forms of power.

You were filled with so much anger back when you started these sessions. Garmadon had to explain to you that these emotions were apart of the grieving process.

Burning rage fueled by guilt over Zane's demise. One time training, you were getting frustrated because your powers weren't responding the way you wanted them to. Reminding you of how powerless you are.

In a fit of annoyance, you punched a dummy and knocked it's head clean off. That wasn't the issue, it was the first time you made a spark.

Dark purple flames had burst from your hand, adding force behind the blow but the recoil burned your skin.

You haven't sparked those flames since. Maybe it's better if you don't ignite them because you can't control them. It would be horrible if someone gets hurt because you can't control your own powers.

The ninja are elemental masters but you can't even compare to them. They've mastered their elements and you don't even know if you have one.

Your friends can wield power with ease while you have to work hard and suffer drawbacks from exertion.

Sitting across from Garmadon with your eyes closed, you took deep breaths in and out. You always start your lessons with meditation to clear your mind and hone your focus.

You use the exercise to extend your special sense's range and feel the presence of those in the vicinity. Looking through the darkness, you see Echo's and Mindroid's auras behind you.

It's odd that they have auras. This could imply two things: Nindroid's have souls or electricity counts as a life force.

In either case, Echo's aura is a mixture of purple and gold. You've never seen one with more than one color other than Sensei Garmadon.

Mindroid's was only an electric blue, probably from what powers him.

"Any new developments or something you want to bring up?" Your sensei asks like he always does a couple minutes into your breathing exercise. His way of doing regular check ups on your state of mind.

Staring through the darkness you ask "Do you think I'm getting stronger sensei?"

"I believe you are, why do you ask?" Garmadon inquires in a patient kind tone.

Opening your eyes, you stare down at your hands with uneasiness settling in your chest. "I've barely tapped the surface and we don't even know what these powers are" you say.

"I still feel the drawbacks when I use them too much and by the time I catch up to the others, I'll fall behind..."

Garmadon smiled gently saying "It takes patience (Y/n). You need to grow into these powers and make them yours" he reassured.

The sensei let out a sigh of nostalgia. "You remind me of a young girl I knew in my youth" he begins. "She was a young sorceress that wanted to get stronger too."

"The girl was gifted in magic but she was a late bloomer. She would train and work herself to death, only to show no results."

You listened intently to the story, studying Garmadon's face. For some reason, he wore a sad smile.

"Then one day, she was finally able to perfect her magic. Her spells stopped backfiring and she even surpassed her teacher..." His voice trailed off.

"The end result will make it worth the effort, and the last blossom to bloom will be the most beautiful" Garmadon smiled and patted you on the head reassuringly.

"Practicing endlessly will help perfect your skills, but true strength doesn't derive from special powers" He pulls his hand away and continues.

"It comes from the inside. Our values, goals and even how we see ourselves."

"Since you lost your memories, you also lost your sense of self" His voice was laced with compassion. "In order for you to grow, you need to reestablish that connection with your identity and strive to be better than you were yesterday."

You were silent for a moment before opening your mouth again. "Sensei, is it possible to use magic to restore my memories?"

He sighed and shook his head "I truly don't know."
"I don't know a lot about magic myself except it's not something to take lightly."

"Every spell is an exchange with it's own currency" Garmadon warned "If there is a spell to reverse your amnesia, it could be a hefty price to pay."

Looking down at your lap you sigh. "If I do hone my skills and sharpen my mind, will it be enough to protect my friends?" You say aloud already knowing the answer.

"It will only increase your chances..." He muttered truthfully, refusing to dance around the truth.

Garmadon reaches over to pet the top of your head reassuringly. He looks you in the eyes with his own sad ones and a kind smile.

"You're not responsible for what happened to Zane."

You froze at his words. He said them so tenderly, in such a soothing tone. It cut right through your soul like they were exactly what you've been dying to hear.

In truth, this training started because you wished you could have been stronger for the nindroid. Your weakness doesn't feel like a good excuse to not have done more...

Looking away, you bite your lip as your body trembled. Liquid slowly formed in your eyes as you quickly blinked them away. His hand brushed the top of your head in a soothing motion that only made your heart want to spill.

"What was that girl's name?" You ask as you tried distracting yourself from the overwhelming emotions flooding your system.

"Her name was Morgana."

~~~

You quietly at dinner across from Lloyd.
The green ninja was making shifty, uncertain glances in your direction. It was a dead give away he heard what you and Garmadon were talking about when you asked the sensei for some wisdom.

You already sensed his presence outside the room and said nothing. Nonetheless, his demeanor right now is a dead giveaway that he heard what was exchanged.

It's clearly written on his face, from his eyes refusing to meet yours, to how the green ninja bites his lips when he's deep in thought.

Taking a mental note, you decided to let the green ninja off the hook since he didn't hear anything groundbreaking. He only watched you physically train and practice using your powers.

To your left, Misako and Garmadon conversed over dinner and paid no mind to either of you.
The older lady would hardly spare you a glance when you visit, much less a conversation.

It's fine considering you both only see each other when it's time to eat. Neither of you really care to speak to one another. You can't explain how or why, it's just how it is...

You can't tell which one is worse: Hate or indifference.

Arie popped her head out of your bag. Her head bobbing up and down begging for pieces of your food. Mainly the more meaty parts because she is a carnivore.

Nearby Echo sat with Mindroid on the floor. Both were still huddled around your phone. The copper nindroid jumped when it made a sound a vibrate as a message appeared on the screen.

Echo quickly ran over the dinner and tugged on your jacket's sleeve to get your attention. "Miss (Y/n) your phone device did the ringing thing again" he spoke and handed over your smart phone.

"Who's messaging you?" Lloyd inquired from across the table.

Without looking up, you hum a response "Pixal."
"She just got the approval for me to visit Kryptarium Prison" you explain getting Garmadon's attention.

"Why are you going there for?" The sensei questioned and gestured to Mindroid "Do you want to turn him over the authorities?"

Shaking your head, you handed your phone back to Echo and he returns back to Mindroid's side. "I need to question Pythor on some things."

You pull out the vial and swish the purple liquid around in the light. "Something about this vial rubs me the wrong way..."

Uncorking the small bottle you hand it over to Garmadon "What does this smell like to you?" You question out of curiosity.

The sensei raises an eyebrow before taking a quick light sniff of the fragrant product.
Your eyes widen when he coughs and turns away sharply.

"What is that stuff?" He winces before handing it back to you.

"Lemme smell" Lloyd reaches over and takes the vial. The green ninja took a whiff and he was fine. "It's just Lavender" he deduces before a couple of coughs erupt from his throat.

Garmadon had the same reaction you had, while Lloyd had it in a much lesser extent.

"What is this? Poison?" Misako questions as she takes the vial from Lloyd.

You shrug your shoulders at the older lady. "Lab results said it was just Lavender mixed with other herbs. Plus Lavender by itself is rather harmless" you explain as she glances between you and the vial unsurely.

Misako closes her eyes and sniffs the scent before looking at you confused.

"It just smells like Lavender."

~~~

It looks like you'll have to do a lot of driving today...

From Garmadon's monastery to the city to pick up Pixal (And Dareth), then out to the middle of the sea of sand to reach the prison.

Oh well, at least you got to see Dareth. The brown ninja practically crushed you in a bear hug out of excitement when he saw you. He was waiting with Pixal and insisted on tagging along as an extra body guard.

Also because your friend misses you.

You and Pixal sat up front while the others were crowded in the back. Either way, the ride has been entertaining.

"So you're Echo right? The name's Dareth" You heard the brown ninja introduce himself happily. "It's cool that you're made of copper. We match!"

"Thank you! It's very nice to meet you Mr. Dareth" You could hear Echo beaming at the brown ninja as you focused on driving.

"Just Dareth is fine. If you need anything, don't hesitate to call me for help!"

"-.-- --- ..- .----. .-. . / - --- --- / .-.. --- ..- -.. -.-.--"

"Glad they're getting along..." you hummed to Pixal as she nodded in agreement.

The android decides to speak up "I will warn you that Pythor is being kept in special isolation away from the prisoners and that we'll need to keep our visit quick."

Raising an eyebrow, a chuckle escapes your lips "Will do, but special isolation? They're probably keeping him in a dollhouse..."

"What do you want to do about the nindroid? I did not detect any traces in the Overlord in his system" The android inquired as the sounds of Echo and Dareth playing with Arie came from the back.

"It looks like Echo's made friends with him so he can stick around if he wants" you reply with a shrug. "Mindroid's just a drifter after losing his only job, so he has no where to go."

"Only condition is to stop stealing electronics."

"-. --- / .--. .-. --- -- .. ... . ..."

You sent the nindroid a glare through the rear view window before refocusing on the road. The nindroid isn't totally out of the clear for trying to steal your van...

Out of nowhere the back the van went dead silent. All until you hear Dareth call out meekly.
"(Y/n)...Where are your towels?"

"What happened?" you asked, keeping your head focused on the road.

"We tried giving Arie some water and we spilled it on your bed" Echo replied shamefully adding a small apology.

".. - / .-.. --- --- -.- ... / .-.. .. -.- . / .--. . ."

The copper nindroid tilted his head confused "What's that?"

"Peepee poopoo!" Arie squeaked as you checked up on them in the rear view mirror.

"Oi! Don't use my shirt!"

"(Y/n) we've reached our destination" Pixal snapped you back to the road as the sight of the prison came into view.

~~~

Walking beside Pixal, you and your group followed the warden through the prison. Passing by prisoners banging against the bars of their cells.

"Ooo, come 'ere, we won't bite~" One prisoner whistled as you walked by. Arie turned up her nose as she sunk deeper into your jacket.

"Don't worry about them, they don't get a lot of visitors" The warden chuckled.

"Gee, I wonder why..." Dareth muttered under his breath and rolled his eyes.

One prisoner had the nerves to reach through the bars to grab one of you.
He ended up grabbing a hold of Echo's arm, tugging the copper nindroid against the bars.

Swerving on your heels you grab hold of his wrist that held Echo, while the other grabbed his collar.

Your grip tightened as you jerked the prisoner against the bars, holding him hostage until he lets Echo go. Glowing purple eyes burn into his soul as his grip softens before letting the copper nindroid free.

Turning your hardened gaze at the other inmates, you watch all of the prisoners back away from the bars and away from your gaze.

"The nerve of some people" Dareth hissed with a hmpf as he comforted a confused and shaken Echo.

"Let's keep going" Pixal snapped you out of your angry fuming and pulled you by the sleeve to keep going.

Echo ran up behind and grabbed hold of your other sleeve as Mindroid shielded him from the other cells. Dareth lingered behind, sending the prisoners glares in case they try something again.

The Warden apologized and continued on "He's up ahead, last cell on the left" He informs your group and excuses himself so he could get back to work.

~~~

Entering the cell, your eyes were immediately drawn to a dollhouse in the middle of the room. Keeping silent, you hear the serpent's voice as you turned the toy around.

Inside of the tiny home, Pythor laid in a small plastic bathtub taking a bubble bath with a small basketball painted to look like a person.

His bright red eyes shot up and met yours. "What the?!" He screeches, jumping back to grab the shower curtain to cover himself. "Don't you know privacy!?"

It was at this point you lost your composure.

Covering your mouth, a series of chuckles erupted from your lips at the sight. Amidst your laughter you took out your phone and started taking pictures of the flustered tiny Anacondrai.

"Wow humiliate the wounded pride of an old enemy" he hissed as he glared right at the camera. "So much for being one of the virtuous protectors of Ninjago..."

Putting your phone away, you leered at Pythor with a smug smirk.

"Who said I was that?"

Echo peaked out from behind you to get a good look at the Anacondrai. The Anacondrai and copper nindroid made eye contact for a split second. "Well, well, so you made a replacement Zane..."

"I didn't take you for a dumpster diver Miss (Y/n)" Pythor commented making Echo tense beside you.

"Dumpster...?" The copper nindroid muttered looking down at his hands.

"You have no room to talk, you're not half the snake you used to be."

Pythor rolled his eyes at your comment. "And what is that? Your pet?" He gestured to Arie "To think a being that shares my kind's genes would fall so far..."

"Other than relishing in my new tiny appearance, what business do you have with me?" The white scaled snake questioned irritably, getting right to the point. "I'm a very busy serpent."

Pulling the vial with the purple liquid out, you show it to the Anacondrai. "Tell me about this?"

"Ah, you found one of my concoctions" He smirked widely showing off his fangs. "Did someone accidentally inhale that poison so you need an antidote?"

"You're going to have to bed and plead" He chuckled darkly as his bright red eyes lit up in amusement.

"Antidote? The liquid in this vial is actually harmless to most people" You reply as you fiddled with the small vial.

"What?! The recipe said it was a potent poison!" Pythor gasped, outraged by the revelation.

"Afraid not" You shrugged "Where did you get the recipe?"

"If I recall, the author of this book's name is...Mora...Morgan...?" He thought aloud, keeping you waiting in anticipation on purpose.

"Morgana! Ah yes. That's their name."

Your eyes widened as you recalled the name. Crossing your arms you kept a stern gaze on the Anacondrai "Why would you tell me the author's name?"

Pythor Chumsworth isn't the type of serpent to do anything without some sort of gain.

"I'll let you go off on a wild goose chase before you finally give in and strike a deal with me" The white snake responded in a low tone.
"I wanna see how desperate you'll get and the length you will go to achieve your goal."

"I do love some spicy drama!" He cackled which only made you glare down his tiny form.
Too bad you were under watch by the security guards...
You could easily squish the small Anacondrai in your grasp...

"Let's go" you nod to those that accompanied you. Everyone started piling out of the cell with you being the last.

Pythor cackled to himself as you were leaving. In a last second decision, you turned on your heels and kicked the Anacondrai's dollhouse.
You giggled to yourself and left at the sound of Pythor's shriek as the toy home fell over.

~~~

After hours of driving and listening to the radio to drown out the passengers in the back, your group finally made it back to Ninjago city.
It was getting late however, the sky turned violet as dusk began to settle in.

Dareth offered for everyone to come visit his new apartment and hang out. Echo really wanted to see the brown ninja's trophy collection, so that's the plan.

But Dareth wanted to make a quick stop before heading over.
You pulled the van to a parking spot outside the grocery store just as the brown ninja requested.

"I'm just gonna head in and buy some stuff since you guys are my guests" Dareth said as he got out of the car and leaned up against the open window.
"I don't have a lot to cook with at home, how does soup sound?" He asks you since you two are the only ones that can eat.

"Why soup?" You question curiously as you stretched your back in the driver's seat.

"I don't know, just a craving" he shrugged and you told him the kind you like before looking at Pixal. "Do you need anything Pixal?"

"No. But thank you for offering Dareth" She smiled gratefully and shook her head.

"Is there anything you want Echo and Small Fry? It can be anything or everything." The brown ninja smiled at the nindroid duo.

"If it's not too much trouble...Can I have a plushie?" Echo asked meekly as he looked away fiddling with his hands.

".. / .-- .- -. - / .- / -.-. . .-.. .-.. .--. .... --- -. ."

"Mindroid says he wants a cellphone" The copper nindroid speaks up for his friend.

".- -. -.. / ... - --- .--. / -.-. .- .-.. .-.. .. -. --. / -- . / ... -- .- .-.. .-.."

"And for you to stop calling him small."

A wide smile formed on Dareth's face as he winked "No can do short stack."

You could hear Mindroid angrily beeping in Morse code in the back as Dareth ignored him. The brown ninja came over to your side of the van.
"Is there anything else you want?"

"My memories" you chuckled dryly.

Dareth rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly "I only have thirty bucks."

You handed him some extra cash shrugging "Something sweet, salty or sour will do."

~~~

Dareth said he would only be gone for fifteen minutes, so that gives you some time to relax in the car. Echo and Mindroid sat on the roof of your car and waited for the brown ninja.

It was Echo's idea in case Dareth got lost in the sea of cars in the parking lot.
You wouldn't easily leave Mindroid with Echo, but the nindroid has been surprisingly mellow with the copper nindroid.

That just leaves you and Pixal alone with Tai-D rolling around in the back cleaning.

The sound of the radio filled the silence as you leaned back in your chair and closed your eyes.

"(Y/n)" Pixal spoke your name hesitantly, only earning a hummed response from you.

"I looked into the possible books Pythor could have used and there is not a single book registered under the name Morgana" She reports her findings.

Cracking open an eye, you looked at her asking "Did you check the ancient libraries that house relics and artifacts?"

"Yes and nothing came up" she nodded adding "May I share some possible theories?"

You smiled at the android and nodded. Any ideas were greatly appreciated, and it's nice to see Pixal thinking outside of her program.

Her green eyes lit up as she got a chance to lay out her thoughts.
"From what I can tell, that mixture is the product of Alchemy which deals mostly in potions and transformation"

"Alchemy? What is that Pix?" You opened your eyes curiously as the word clicked something in your mind.

"It's a combination of science and magic, a man made magic if you will. Instead of using essence like in magic, it mostly deals with the combination of herbs and minerals while science deals with numbers and chemicals." The android explained
"Alchemy would be the most probable option considering magic has become a forbidden lost art with most texts destroyed or illegible.

"Plus you don't have to have the born ability to use alchemy like with magic." She finished which has answered some of your questions about magic.

"All the alchemy books registered don't have an author named Morgana" Pixal started thinking aloud to herself "Every piece of information has been downloaded into my servers, unless..."

Your eyebrows scrunched up in thought as you muttered to yourself "It's possible that..."

"It was never published." Both of you blurted out at the same time.

Pixal tilted her head with a perplexed expression, the sight making you giggle at the android.

"I'm gonna need to do a background check on every citizen named Morgana. It will take some time" Pixal informed you as she averted her gaze.

"Garmadon used to know a sorceress named Morgana" You told the android and shrugged "That's such a weird coincidence though..."

"Indeed, but it's worth looking more into" Pixal nodded as you two mapped out your next course of action.

Glancing at your exterior mirror, you saw Echo and Mindroid talking in the reflection. The copper nindroid was giggling at some sort of joke that almost resulted him in falling off the van.

Pixal observed your gaze curiously and her green eyes softened. "You seem to have brightened up lately. I'm guessing it has to do with Echo?" She inquired pointing out.
"You're more relaxed and some of your mannerisms have changed"

You raised an eyebrow "I don't think so. What makes you say that?"

"You are smiling and laughing more. I also don't detect any high stress levels and the bags under your eyes have disappeared" She smiled and gestured to her own eyes to get her point across.

"Always a perceptive one huh?" You hummed in a playful mocking tone as your nose scrunched up. It's not good to be read like a book.

"In order to maximize efficiency, it is good to check up on the wellbeing of my..."

"Friends." The last word came out of her mouth in a stiff tone.

Freezing at her words, a dumb smile formed on your lips. "Awww. You called me your friend instead of companion or coworker" you cooed and teased the android by petting the top of her head.
"You're growing up Pix!"

She stiffened at your touch. "I-I cannot age (Y/n)" Pixal replied losing her composure as she swatted your hand away. "That saying, I do keep tabs because you are a curious case (Y/n)."

"Because I have no citizenship records in your data?" You chuckled at the flustered android.

"Precisely and I can't fathom why."

"Maybe I don't exist?" You joked and she didn't respond. Instead staring you down with an unreadable expression. "Don't look at me like that" you smiled and booped the android on the nose.

"I do notice that you're protective of Echo, is it because he looks and reminds you of Zane?" The android moved the focus away from her.

Your shoulders slumped as she hit the nail on one of your concerns. "No...I don't think so. If Echo looked completely different from Zane, I would still treat him like I do now..."

A sad smile formed on your lips as you thought about the ice ninja. "That saying, you can see the resemblance. Their personalities are very alike and yet so different."

"I trusted Zane to have my back, while I feel a need to protect Echo. This world is new to him and I'm the first human he's met, so he relies on me" you respond truthfully with an unsure shrug.

I hope I don't disappoint him.

"Does he know about his brother?" The android asked in a soft tone.

Relaxing into your chair you shake your head. "He knows of Zane, I haven't told him what happened, but I will soon."

Pixal studied your relaxed features and she smiled in content. "I'm glad that you're doing better..."

~~~

The nindroid threw down one of his cards on a small cardboard box they used as a table. "Checkmate." Echo beamed with pride with the idea he's winning. He turned to the owl plushie Dareth bought him and patted the animal on the head.

"-... .. - -.-. .... / .-- . .----. .-. . / .--. .-.. .- -.-- .. -. --. / ..- -. ---"

"No swearing" Pixal chastised the former Overlord underling as she made him draw more cards.

"Reverse!" Arie squeaked as she nudged one card into the pile with her snout. Somehow the lavender snake is holding her cards against her tail and used her mouth to play them.

It somehow just struck you how intelligent Arie is than she lets on.

The lavender snake had mostly wild cards or other special cards but she would only play the standard number ones. Saving the special cards for later and only matching the colors or numbers.

Resting your head on the coffee table that acts as Dareth's dinning table, you watched the game unfold.

The image of three androids and a talking snake playing Uno and bickering like siblings, ingrained into your head.

That sounds like a fever dream.

A steaming bowl of soup was placed in front of you with a plate of buttered toast. "It's not much but I hope this is good." Dareth gave you a lopsided smile as he sat on the floor across from you.

Your eyes lit up as you stirred the bow of hot liquid with your spoon.
"It smells great" you say as a soft smile graced your lips.

The steam rose to your face as a headache pounded on your head. The vision of a completely different bowl of soup flashed before your eyes. Another time, another place? Great, you're still hallucinating.

"I burnt my tongue!" Dareth's yelp snapped you back to the individuals around you now.
You had to suppress a giggle as you handed the brown ninja his drink, which he took and chugged it down dramatically.

You ate your soup in peace, occasionally dipping some of your toast in the broth for the extra flavor. Your eyes occasionally glancing around the apartment in curiosity. "Your apartment is really cozy."

Dareth rubbed the back of his neck "Thank you. It's the most I can afford since I lost the dojo and the academy where I lived with the ninja got shut down..."

Perking up at that, you started digging around in your bag. "Do you need money for anything? Bills? Furniture? How much?" You ask as you brought out your wallet and opened it up.

"No, no, it's okay. I'm doing well financially" Dareth assured as he gently pressed your hands down. "I do need a favor from you though."

Tilting your head at his request, the brown ninja got up and quickly came back with a box in hand. "The ninja forgot some things at the academy, can you give it back to them? I haven't been able to contact any of them in a while, I'm worried."

"I'll see what I can do" you nodded as he pushed the box towards you. Dareth went back to eating his soup and toast as you glanced inside to check out the contents.

It was only miscellaneous every day items like Kai's hair gel or Cole's old black pullover hoodie. Pulling out a water bottle, a giggle escaped your lips as you recognized the pattern.

It was the Starfarer reusable water bottle you gave to Lloyd.
Funny, how the green ninja managed to hold onto it after saying he grew out of the comic series.

But there is nothing wrong with holding onto those good memories of childhood.

Putting the bottle aside, your hands brushed up against something fragile wrapped in a soft knit fabric. Your gaze softened when you noticed the knitted snowflakes in the plush fabric.

Unwrapping the item, a lump formed in your throat as you stared down a chipped ornate glass mug with a green bowtie wrapped alongside it.

The sweater vest and bow tie was his.

Your smile trembled as you stared down these particular objects. The glass mug's golden handle had a tarnished shine. While the decorative pink crystal roses were broken off and looked like someone was trying to glue them back together.

Emotions flooded your mind, heart aching and swelling with sadness and joy as you put the stuff back in the box. Look at how far we've come...

"Hey are you alright (Y/n)? Your soup is getting cold?" Dareth asked after noticing a change in your demeanor.

Glancing over your shoulder, you were reminded of those you care for. With every loss, there is always something to be gained.

"Just some dust in my eye" You lied, rapidly blinking your eyes to sell it.

Dareth shot up from his seat "Did I forget to dust?!" he gasped with a flustered look on his face.

"It's fine, it's fine." you chuckled and calmed down the brown ninja.

"Are you two gonna join us in the next round?" Pixal inquired as she can only play with the two nindroids for so long.

"Yeah once we finish eating, you can move the game over to the table" You tell the three androids and continued eating your food.

"Thank you once again for my new friend Dareth." The copper nindroid thanked him as he held his little owl plushie on the top of his head.

The brown ninja nodded but couldn't help but ask, "Why did you want a plushie Echo?"

"(Y/n) usually sleeps with a teddy bear, so I was curious of what it was like."

Now it was eyes on you which only made you scrunch up under their gazes.

"You sleep with a stuffed animal?" Pixal inquired curiously tilting her head.

You felt your cheeks warming up as you fiddled with your hands, denying such a small insignificant detail. "Maybe..."

"Cute" Dareth chuckled which only made you chuckle unsurely.

After eating, you, Dareth, the nindroids and Arie all played cards. Everyone eventually tried ganging up on Mindroid to give him as many cards as possible.
You got chewed out in Morse code, but you couldn't understand what the nindroid was saying.

Pixal was right, you've started to smile again, now you know why.

~~~

Future endings:

•Lloyd x reader

•Cole x reader

•Jay x reader

•Kai x reader

•Zane x reader

•Dareth x reader

•Nya x reader

•Echo x reader

•Neuro x reader

•Shade x reader

•Griffin x reader

•Morro x reader

•Ronin x reader

•Cyrus Borg x reader

•Pixal x reader

•Mindroid x reader

•Mr E x reader

•Skylor x reader

Harumi x reader

•No one

•All Ninja x reader (except Nya)

•All Ninja x reader (includes Nya)

•All Ninja plus Lloyd x reader x Morro

•All Girls x reader

•All Nindroids x reader

•Cole x reader x Zane

•Kai x reader x Lloyd

•Zane x reader x Lloyd

•Jay x reader x Cole

•Cole x reader x Lloyd

•Neuro x reader x Shade

•Kai x reader x Cole

•Zane x reader x Jay

•Jay x reader x Kai

Jay x reader x Lloyd

•Morro x reader x Lloyd

• Echo x reader x Zane

Dareth x reader x Echo

•Kai, Cole and Lloyd x reader

•Cole x reader x Nya x Jay

~~~

(Y/n) at Pythor's dollhouse:

~~~

Author's Edit: March 25th 2021

~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

347K 9.2K 26
Honestly, it's not easy being the sister to the guy who can zap you whenever he chooses. I mean I love him and all... I remember the day it all start...
27.1K 988 87
(Tw- Language) โ€ขโ™ก"I'm glad I met you." "I'm glad too... And remember... I will always love you. No matter what happens."โ™กโ€ข โ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™กโ™ก...
6.9K 100 28
Book 2 of "The Unknown Prophecy" "What happened to you?" Lloyd's voice cracks. "What do you mean, I'm still me." "You're so blind! Snap back into re...
5.3K 141 16
All Y/n knew from the beginning was cruelty. Her alleged father, his right-hand man, and her sister always seemed out to get her. Even the lowly serv...