Beyond The Lamppost

η”± ineffable_narnia

Just A book of Narnia one shots!!! I hope you all enjoy these and I hope they can maybe help you to see Narni... ζ›΄ε€š

He Missed his Father
I'll be
Four Extrodinary Kids from England
Like an Ocean
I promise
Write The Future
You Lowered Your Sword
Together Forever
The Best Big Brother Ever
Because I Love You
All I Care About
Everything Was Right in the World
I Forgive You For Everything
I Will Always Forgive You
Always The Youngest
Goodbye is Not Forever
Just
Goodbye
I Can Only Imagine
Lost Without You - Part 1
Lost Without You - Part 2
Lost Without You - Part 3
Peter Would Want You to Have it
To Love At All is to be Vulnerable
The Best Gift I've Ever Recieved
The Best Christmas
The First Christmas in Narnia
Happy Birthday Ed
Too Good of a Big Brother
For Narnia and For Aslan
Brothers Forever
A Wild Imagination
Love and Sacrifice
Random Prompts Game
Random Prompts Game Part 2
That's What Friends Are For
Home
I Wouldn't Want it Any Other Way
Stay Gold
Random Prompts Game Part 3
Incredibly Grateful
Random Prompts Game Part 4
Now My Eyes Leak Acid Rain
How Rare and Beautiful it is to Even Exist
Random Prompts Game Part 5
Random Promps Game - Part 6
The Most Difficult Thing I've Ever had to do
Until His Dying Breath
Turned into Your Worst Fears
Longing For Love
Lucy Had Nothing
Random Prompts Game - Part 7
The World Hated Me First
Home
Random Prompts Game - Part 8
Random Prompts Part 10

You Don't Have to Face the World Alone

678 15 15
η”± ineffable_narnia

"Peter wake up." Edmund said to his brother as he tied his tie on his school uniform.
Peter groaned as he opened his eyes.
"What time is it?" Peter asked as he sat up.
"Ten minutes until breakfast." Edmund replied. "Pete, are you feeling alright?" Edmund asked.
"Yeah, Why wouldn't I be?"
"Well it's just, normally you wake up way before me, like an hour before we have to leave."
Peter sighed. "Trust me Ed, I'm fine."
He said as he stood up. But as soon as he did, he grabbed his head and would have fallen over if Edmund hadn't of quickly caught him.
"Peter!" Edmund cried. "Are you alright?"
"Yeah. I just got a little dizzy. That's all."
"But Peter-"
"I'm fine Ed. Really."
Edmund sighed, but didn't seem convinced at all.
Edmund sat on his bed, sitting his school bag next to him.
"Ed if your ready you can go to breakfast and I can meet you there." Peter said.
"It's fine. I'll wait." Edmund said as he opened a book.
"Alright." Peter said with a sigh.

"Ready?" Edmund asked as he closed his book.
"Yup." Peter replied as he grabbed his bag and headed for the door.
"Let's go then." Edmund said, following his brother.

                                   ♕♕♕

Edmund looked at his brother, a questionable look on his face as they sat having breakfast. Rather as Edmund sat having breakfast. Peter just stirred his eggs around in his bowl, looking at them as if they were a disease.
"Peter you need to eat something!" Edmund said.
Peter sighed. "I'm not hungry."
"At least eat a few bites."
"Fine." Peter breathed.
He then picked up an apple,  and took one bite too small for even a mouse.
"There." Peter said. "Happy?"
Edmund sighed as he watched his brother walk away. Only to watch him grab a napkin, spit the bite into it, and throw it away.

Edmund sighed. This was very unlike Peter. He always ate breakfast, going on about how it was the most important meal of the day. He knew something was wrong, he could feel it.

So he quickly jumped up from his seat and ran after Peter.
"Pete!" Edmund shouted as he ran up behind his brother, Peter turning around to face him.
"Are you sure everything is alright?" He asked, his voice laced with worry.
Peter sighed.  "Ed, I said I'm-"

But just then his eyes closed as he began falling backwards. Edmund gasped as he dove to catch his brother before he hit the ground. Edmund slowly and carefully lowered his brother to the ground.
"Pete!" He cried, shaking his brothers shoulders. "Peter wake up!" But Peter didn't move. Edmund watched as he got paler by the minute. He then felt his
forehead, only to find it burning up.
"Oh my gosh!" He said shocked at his temperature. "He needs help, now!"
Edmund then lifter Peter off the ground and into his arms, as he ran as fast as he could to the infirmary.

"My brother needs help!" Edmund said as he walked into the infirmary.
"Lay him here!" The nurse said pointing to the closest bed, as she helped Edmund lay Peter down.
"What happened?"
"He just passed out, I brought him straight here."
"Has he complained of any headaches or dizziness?"
"No, but he hasn't looked well all morning. He almost fell over when he got out of bed though, I had to catch him. Oh and he refused to eat anything."

"Okay." The nurse said as she began taking his blood pressure.
"It doesn't sound too serious, but I'm going to run some tests and call the Doctor just to be sure."

Edmund nodded, looking at his brother with tears in his eyes.

The nurse sighed and looked at him sadly.
"Look, Edmund right?" Edmund nodded.
"I promise you I am going to take great cate of your brother. His name is Peter right?"
"Yeah. You know us pretty well huh?"
She smiled at him. "I do. I know you all and I care about you all. I will get him in a gown, run some tests, and the Doctor will examine him. And the second he is done I will come get you. You have my word."
Edmund sighed. "Okay." He finally agreed.

"Love you Pete." Edmund said before he turned to leave. The nurse smiled at him as she watched him leave.

♕ ♕ ♕

Edmund sat right outside the door, for what felt like hours. He had a million thoughts running through his mind at once. What is wrong with Peter and how serious is it? Serious enough to call his family and let them know? How long would he be in the hospital? When would he wake up? And why on earth was it taking so long?! 

Edmund sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. He told himself not to think about that, it was only making matters worse.

All of a sudden Edmund's head snapped up to see the nurse come through the door. He quickly jumped up from his seat, rushing towards her.

"How is he?!" He asked frantically.
"The Doctor is examining him now, and the test results should be back any minute." She said.
"Is he awake?"
"Not yet I'm afraid." She said with a sigh.
"When can I see him?"
"As soon as the doctor is finished."
Edmund frantically nodded.

All of a sudden, the door opened and a man in a white coat stepped out.
"Edmund Pevensie?" He asked, putting his hand out to shake Edmunds.
"That's me." Edmund said as he shook the Doctors hand.
"Hello Edmund. I'm Doctor Anderson, I've just examined your brother."
"How is he?"
"Well the tests just came back, turns out he has a severe case of influenza."
"The Flu?"
"I'm afraid so. He is also dehydrated, has he been eating and drinking properly?"
"No. He refused to eat this morning, he was also tired, he slept way later than usual."
"That'll do it." The Doctor said with a sigh.
"Has he been stressed lately?"
"Hmmm." Edmund started.
"He isn't really one to talk about stress. He likes to worry more about others than himself. But it is his final year of High School, and most nights he stays up really late doing homework and studying. If I had to guess I'd say yes, he is stressed."

The Doctor nodded.

"His heartbeat was a bit fast, but that's probably just from the stress."
"Why did he pass out?" Edmund asked.
"My guess is that the mixture of dehydration, a fast heartbeat, and all stress and no sleep while having the flu, just became too much for his body to handle."

"Will he be alright?"
"We are going to keep him overnight for observation, and give him some fluids. He will need to take it easy for a while. But, yes Edmund, your brother will be fine."

Edmund let out a breath h he didn't realize he'd been holding.
"I'm so relieved to hear that. Thank you so much sir." Edmund said as he shook the Doctors hand once again.
"Of course Edmund." The Doctor said with a smile.
"You can see your brother now.
Nurse Sarah will show you to him, I will be back to check on him tonight."
"Thank you sir." Edmund said with a smile.

"I'll show you to your brother." The nurse said as she walked back through the door, Edmund following.

"He's In bed number seven, right over there." She said pointing in the direction of the bed. Let me know if you need anything."
"Thank you." Edmund said before he walked over to the bed his brother was in.

Edmund pulled up a chair next to his brothers bed, sitting down with a sigh.
He couldn't help the tears that appeared in his eyes as he looked at his brother.
Lying in bed unconscious, in a hospital gown, with all these wires connected to him. He couldn't believe he let Peter get this sick and did nothing.
He felt it was partly his fault, if only he payed more attention to his brother, and was more worried about him and how he was doing. From now on, he definitely would be.

Edmund sighed as he grabbed Peters hand and held it tightly. "Please wake up Peter, please." Edmund said as the tears began to fall. "I'm sorry I wasn't a better brother, I should have worried about you more, I'm so sorry. Just, please wake up. I love you Pete, I love you so much!"

"I love you too Ed."

Edmunds head snapped up to look at his brother, who, to his great relief, had his eyes open, and was attempting a slight smile.

"Peter!" Edmund exclaimed, as he smiled widely and wiped his tears away.
"I'm so glad your okay!"
Edmund said as he quickly, but carefully, wrapped his arms around his brother.
Peter was a bit surprised at first, but he quickly returned the hug, reassuring his little brother that he was in-fact okay, and alive.

After a few minutes Edmund finally pulled away, very hesitantly.

"What happened?" Peter asked.
Edmund sighed.
"You passed out Peter, and now your in the infirmary."
"Oh." Peter said, looking a bit confused.
"How long have I been here?" He asked.
"A couple of hours."
"What?! I-I have to get to class, I have a huge test today!" Peter said as he began to climb out of bed.
"Peter what in the world are you doing?" Edmund asked as he pushed Peter back into the bed.
"I can't stay here, I'm too busy to be in bed all day."
"Peter! You passed out!" While you were in the middle of a sentence! Don't you think this might be your body's way of saying - slow down."
Peter sighed. "Edmund I'm fine! I just-"
"No!" Edmund said.
"Peter you are not fine. I have spoken with the Doctor. Your sick."

Peter finally gave up on trying to leave and instead began listening to Edmund.

Peter let out a sigh and ran a hand through his hair.
"What did the Doctor say."
Edmund looked at Peter as he slowly sat back down, making sure his brother wouldn't try to escape again.

"He said you have the Flu, and your also dehydrated."
"Well that's not too bad." Peter said.

"Peter, have you been stressed, lately?"
Peter hesitated at first, then went to say something, but Edmund cut him off.
"Pete, don't you dare lie to me!"

Peter sighed. "Well if you must know, yes I've been extremely stressed lately."
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"Ed, you have enough problems of your own, you shouldn't be worrying about me."
"Peter, your my brother and I care about you. Your problems are my problems. It's okay not to be okay all the time. You need to tell me when your stressed so that I can help you. You don't have to face the world alone, Peter."
Peter took a deep breath.
"Your right Edmund. I should have told you I was stressed and not feeling well, I'm sorry."
"It's alright. But next time-"
"Next time I promise I will ask for help, and tell you if I don't feel well, alright?"
"Alright." Edmund sighed.

"How did you know I was stressed?" Peter asked after a few moments silence.
Edmund sighed. "Doctor Anderson said that your heart rate was high and it was possibly because if stress. "
Peter nodded. "Oh."

"What have you been stressed about?" Edmund asked.
Peter sighed and laid his head back on his pillow.
"Everything." Peter said.
"Edmund gave him a confused look.

"I've been buried in homework every night! I've had homework in every single class, every day, since the beginning of the year. The Holidays are coming up, so I'm about to have huge tests in all my classes. I'm trying to figure out what College to attend when I graduate, and what I want to do. I'm also trying to juggle having a job and going to school. And on top of all that, I can't even remember the last time I had eight hours of sleep."

Edmunds eyes went wide.

"No wonder your sick, your trying to handle way too much at once. Why didn't you tell me any of this?"
Peter shrugged. "It's my problem, not yours.
Edmund sighed.

"I'm sorry you've been so stressed lately. From now on, I'm going to help you though. I'll make sure you get enough sleep, and I'll do whatever I can to lessen your stress. And Peter Pevensie, your not to even think about school until you are one hundred percent better!"
"But-"
"Pete!"
"Fine." Peter said with a sigh.

There were a few moments of silence before Edmund spoke up.
"How you feeling?"
"Okay I guess. I'm a bit cold, but fine."
"I'll go find you a blanket." Edmund said.

"Thanks." Peter said as Edmund came back with a blanket.
"No problem."

♕ ♕ ♕

Edmund sighed as he placed a damp washcloth to Peters head. He took a deep breath as he looked at the clock. 3:00 A.M. Peter had long ago fallen asleep, but Edmund just couldn't sleep, he was too worried about his brother. Peter said he should go home, but Edmund refused to leave his brother. He knew he would be fine, he would just be sick for a few days. He had just been so worried about him when he passed out. Peter hardly ever got sick. Which is why he had been so worried. He knew one thing for sure, he would never let Peter get stressed enough to put him in the hospital and make him sick again. He would definitely be talking to the teachers at school. Homework should not put you in the hospital.

"I love you Pete." Edmund said as he grabbed his brothers hand, and laid his head down on the bed, soon falling asleep.

   ♕♕♕
      5 Days Later

"Hey." Edmund said as he walked in the door to his and Peters room.
"Hey." Peter said as he laid his book that he was reding beside him.

"How was school?" Peter asked.
"Alright I guess." Edmund said as he sat down on his bed.
Peter nodded.

"Oh." Edmund exclaimed.
"I talked to your teachers, and they said you don't need to worry about anything you have missed. They said to let you know they are happy your okay."

Peter smiled at his brother.
"Thanks Ed." He said.
"But you didn't have to do that."
"Yes I did. I'm your brother, which means it's my job to take care of you."
"You know I'm usually the one saying that to you." Peter said as he raised an eyebrow.
"Well now its my turn." Edmund said.
"Your sick and I'm taking care of you."
"Thank you for everything these past few days Edmund, it really means a lot."
"No problem Pete." Edmund said.
"But I have to ask you again." Edmund said.
"Are you-"
"No Ed." Peter cut him off."
"I'm not feeling overly stressed. But if I am, I promise to ask for help."
"Good."Edmund said.
"Because I love you too much to lose you."
Peter smiled at him.
"I love you too Ed. And you won't lose me. I love you too much to go anywhere."
Edmund smiled as he walked over and gave his brother a hug, which Peter gladly returned.
"Love you Pete." Edmund whispered into his brothers ear.
"Love you more Ed."

♕♕♕
Requested by @Breeze005 I hope you like it!!! ♥️♥️♥️
I am working on other requests guys don't worry!! I've just been super busy lately! If anyone else has any requests I would be happy to hear them, you will just have to be patient with me. Love y'all 💘💘💘

η»§η»­ι˜…θ―»

You'll Also Like

3.7K 68 20
By hearing my title you think I'm some very special person in Narnia. Guess what...you're wrong. I'm just a girl nobody appreciates after what I did...
134K 2.9K 25
~π΅π‘œπ‘œπ“€ 𝟣~ A Narnia Fic "I've had lots of troubles, so I write jolly tales." ~ Louisa May Alcott The story of Adeline Jemmings Kirke, a princess f...
8.5K 136 22
Diana is the princess of a far away country in the world of Narnia, but since she is the youngest of her siblings she is looked down upon, and even w...
65K 1.9K 37
"I've heard of this place." "You have?" "My mother used to tell me stories." ----------------------- Charlotte Baker always believed in a fantasy wor...