DEREK'S MATCH (DEREK #1) SAMP...

By jamigallardo1012

"I'll call you Gin, like your drink." Savannah Garcia regrets moving to New York. What was she thinking? Culi... More

Please read
please read
1. one of these nights
2. on the house
3. you're my match
4. the girl from the bar
5. self-entitled rich guys
6. you're welcome, world
7. just come with me
8. little black dress
9. steal my date
10. no smug comments
11. the feeling is mutual
12. who is this?
13. don't want to share
14. pushing your luck
15. too much
16. anything, everything
17. more than a friend
18. bad gossip
19. savannah to you
20. how we met
22. the perfect ratio
23. show you off
24. what they do
25. someone else
26. like magnets
27. remember me?
28. maybe
29. call me back

21. you say no

29.5K 1.4K 191
By jamigallardo1012

The next day, Derek and I are, once again, all over the internet. My notifications are overwhelming. I log out of all my social accounts to have some peace. It's crazy.

This time, there are pictures of us and his family.

DEREK'S MATCH MEETS DEREK'S FAMILY, one of the headlines reads. My life is starting to get consumed by Derek Collins and I'm not sure I like it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. He is a celebrity, after all. People want to know all about his life and right now, that includes me.

On Thursday, I am actually followed on my way to work from school by people from the press. I cover my face with my book and look down at my feet as I walk. There are only about five of them but they're all asking questions at the same time and it's too overwhelming.

"You've met Derek's family just weeks after you guys met, would you say things are moving too fast?"

"What did you think of Derek's family?"

"Derek and Sadie were seen together earlier this week, are you at all concerned about their history?"

Oh my God.

How does Derek deal with this every day and still be in a good mood? I can feel my frustration and anger getting bigger with each step I take. I'm speed walking but they're quick to keep up with me. My silence doesn't discourage them at all. They just keep talking and trying to take pictures and videos as they follow me.

I'm just an ordinary girl from Newport.

What do they want from me?

I almost sigh in relief when I finally reach the restaurant. I make my way into the backdoor, leaving all the noise behind me. I take a deep breath once I'm inside then continue to make my way into the kitchen. These people have made me late. I can't afford to lose my job right now. I'm late on rent. I need this paycheck.

"Are you alright?" my manager asks when he sees me.

I nod as I put my hair up in a ponytail. "Yes, sorry I'm late."

"Don't let it happen again."

I shake my head then turn to the sink and wash my hands. I'm still trying to catch my breath. I really hope this doesn't become an every day thing. I don't think I could deal with it.

I force myself to focus on my job and work through the evening. I'm so glad I don't have class tomorrow. I'm looking forward to sleeping in. The interview that I'm doing with Derek and Ian isn't until the afternoon.

It's so crazy that in the midst of all this attention, my life still keeps going. Work and school still keep going like nothing is happening. My ordinary world is colliding with Derek's and the result is messy. It's causing an imbalance in my life and it's making me think about what's going to happen when all of this is over? I can't be naive enough to believe that things are always going to be great between Derek and I. I would be stupid to think that this thing between us is going to last forever. I know it can but I also know it can't and the negative always trumps the positive.

All this thinking drains me and I'm both physically and emotionally exhausted by the time service is over.

I get a text from Derek as we're cleaning. He's waiting outside for me. It makes me feel a little better. Seeing him will always make my day better and there's nothing I can do about that.

He's leaning against his car when I walk out. He has his phone pressed to his ear and he's looking down. He's wearing a black cap so it covers most of his face as he looks down at the ground. He's not saying much. He just nods and says "yes" and "alright" a couple of times. He hasn't seen me, so I stand a few feet away, next to a wall trying to give him some privacy.

I look around us, thankful that there doesn't seem to be a lot of people around. I take off my chef coat and let my hair down. I run my hands through it. I'm braiding my hair when Derek looks up and his eyes meet mine. A small smile appears on his lips and then he begins to end the call.

"Why didn't you tell me you were here?" he asks as I walk towards him.

I shrug as I stand in front of him. "I didn't want to interrupt."

"I was dying for an interruption," he says, looking amused.

I frown. "Everything okay?"

"Yes." he sighs. "It was just my agent giving me orders per usual."

I raise an eyebrow. "You actually follow orders from someone?"

"No." he grins. "That's why I always get in trouble."

I shake my head with a smile.

He reaches out for my hand and pulls me to him. He puts his arms around my waist and his eyes roam all over my face for a moment. "Everything alright with you?"

I place my hand on his strong arm and look away. "I was followed by the press today."

"You were what?" he asks. He sounds a bit angry in my honor and that makes me feel tingles in my stomach. It makes me think that he actually cares about me.

"They followed me to work." I frown as I look up at him. "I don't know how you deal with that every day."

He looks around us, as if suddenly remembering that we are standing on the sidewalk. He looks at me again. "I don't like that, Gin."

I smile up at him. "Me either."

"I'm serious," he says, running his thumb across my jawline. "I don't want them to harass you."

"They harass you everyday." I point out.

"Yes, but I asked for it. It's my life," he says. "You don't need to deal with that. It's my fault it's happening." he frowns.

I place my hand on his cheek. "It's not your fault," I say and he raises his eyebrows. I roll my eyes. "Not entirely."

He takes a deep breath then looks at me. "Come with me."

"Where to?"

"My place," he says, a smile playing on his lips. "We have the interview tomorrow anyway."

"I also work tomorrow." I remind him.

"I can bring you." he smiles. "Or you can take one of my cars." He winks at me.

I bite my lip. "I don't know, Derek."

"Please," he says. "Just until I figure out a way for them to leave you alone. They probably know where you live by now." He places his hands on either side of my neck, his thumbs rest on my chin. "I'm your boyfriend, Gin," he says in a low voice. "Let me take care of you."

"You're too charming for your own good."

He grins. "Is that a yes?"

"No," I say but I smile.

He outlines my smile with his thumb. "You say no but your smile says yes."

He leans in and presses his lips against mine in a soft kiss.

"Just tonight," I say against his lips.

"And tomorrow," he says then smiles. "It's Ian's birthday on Saturday and I'm throwing him a party. I want you to come."

"I work Saturday."

He kisses me. "Try to take it off?"

I want to say no because I need my job and if I keep changing schedules, it's going to piss my manager off sooner rather than later. But it's so hard to resist spending time with Derek, especially when he asks me like this.

"I'll try," I finally say.

He grins then grabs my hand. "Come on. I'll take you to your apartment so you can pack some clothes."

I smile because how is it that Derek Collins gets me to do whatever he wants without me even saying yes to him?

We get in his Tesla and he drives us to my apartment. He waits in the living room while I grab a duffel bag and begin to pack some clothes. I keep thinking about how crazy it is to go and spend a night at Derek's house but, at the same time, I'm a bit relieved. I don't want to deal with the press if they decide to follow me tomorrow too. I also know that this isn't a permanent solution. What am I going to do if they don't stop?

"I like your room."

I turn around and roll my eyes at Derek, who's leaning against the doorframe of my room. "Whatever," I say as I turn back to the duffel bag. "We both know it's nothing compared to the suite that you have."

I feel him walk towards me. He puts his arms around my waist from behind. "It's still a nice room," he says moving my braid to the side, exposing my neck. "It smells like you." He presses his lips on the crook of my neck and I stop breathing. "I love the way you smell, Gin," he says, his lips move against my skin.

The tingles in my stomach are making my knees feel weak. The pleasure I feel with the way he's holding me and kissing me is immense. It's almost too much to handle. I've never experienced pleasure like this for just a kiss.

He kisses my neck again and this time, I feel his wet tongue. I close my eyes involuntary and bite my lip to keep myself from making a sound.

"And I love the way you taste," he says.

"What are you doing?" I ask, my voice is a whisper.

He spins me around so that I'm facing him, his hands lock behind my back keeping me in his arms. His eyes roam all over my face, making me feel self-conscious. "You're hot, Gin," he says looking into my eyes. "And sexy."

I roll my eyes at him. "I'm wearing my uniform."

I'm going to change before we leave but I wanted to pack the duffel bag first.

"You can't hide sexy, Gin. Hey Sexy Gin," he grins. "I like it."

I laugh. "Please don't call me that in front of people."

"I won't." he promises before leaning in to kiss me. His cap hits my forehead, making me laugh. "Sorry," he says, as he reaches out to take it off. He continues to kiss me without skipping a beat.

I put my arms around his neck as he deepens the kiss. The kiss is hot and wet. It makes me forget where I am and what I'm supposed to be doing. I've never been kissed the way Derek kisses me. I'm not sure what's so different about it. It's probably just that it's him. Derek Collins. I'm making out with hot and sexy Derek Collins and it's beyond amazing.

He moves down to my neck and I pull my head back and run my hands through his hair as he kisses me. One of his hands moves lower, almost resting on my butt. I'm almost too embarrassed to admit it but I wish he would touch me. I want to feel his hands on me. He presses me closer to him and my eyes open in surprise when I feel his hardness on my pelvic bone.

He straightens up and looks down at me, a smile playing on his lips. They are red and swollen and I feel a sense of pride knowing that it was because he was kissing me.

"Is that for me?" I whisper looking up at him. I don't need to tell him what that is, he knows what I'm talking about. His mischievous grin says it all.

"Why are you so surprised, Gin?" he asks, his blue eyes full of desire.

I can feel my cheeks grow hot as I smile. "I didn't know you felt that way about me."

He chuckles. "You're too modest." he presses his lips against mine. "Of course I want you." he squeezes my behind and I gasp. My breathing is suddenly out of control. "You look scared," he says looking concerned. "Did I do something wrong?"

I shake my head. "No," I say then look away for a moment, trying to collect my thoughts. "It's just too soon," I say looking up at him. And I love that you just touched my butt.

"I know," he says then takes a deep breath. His arms loosen around me and I almost want to protest. "I'm sorry," he says looking at me. "I don't want to pressure you into anything."

"Oh, really?" I smile, teasingly. "Is that why you invited me over to spend the night at your house?"

He chuckles, shaking his head. "I just want to spend time with you, Gin. We don't have to do anything you don't want to."

I nod slowly. "Okay."

"I think I better wait outside," he says then he kisses me again before turning around and walking out of my room. I hear the apartment door shut close seconds later.

I take a deep breath, trying to get my heartbeat to come down back to normal. It's too hot in here. I begin to take off my clothes. I mean to change but I end up in the shower. It's a quick five-minute one but the cold water feels good against my hot skin.

I change into leggings with a sweater then finish packing and head outside to meet Derek, still feeling his tongue against my skin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

232 46 27
-Story contains explicit material and is for mature audiences only- Isla now knows what heartbreak feels like and she despises it. Alone in a town...
208K 13.6K 31
Sophia is sat in a bar with only a large glass of wine for company, quietly nursing a broken heart. When a charismatic stranger approaches her, he's...
59.4K 946 26
At 15 years of age Shannon Maxwell is an easy-going, fun loving girl. When she experiences the death of her mother in a horrific house fire, she chan...
150 0 33
ೄྀ࿐ ˊˎ- CONFUSED Maggie Velasquez. She is a quiet girl, doesn't talk in class, speeds right home after school. only talks to her one best friend, t...