The Nightmare Before Christma...

De ivyrose_writes

Jazmine "Skelly" Skellington has been known throughout the fourteen years of her life as "the Pumpkin King's... Mais

AUTHOR'S NOTE
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
THIS IS HALLOWEEN
JACK'S LAMENT
CHAPTER 4
TOWN MEETING SONG
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
JACK'S OBSESSION
CHAPTER 8
KIDNAP THE SANDY CLAWS
Chapter 10
CHAPTER 11
OOGIE BOOGIE'S SONG
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
EVERY TIME THE RAIN COMES DOWN
CHAPTER 15
THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS FINALE

CHAPTER 17

1.5K 17 8
De ivyrose_writes

"Skelly!" Dad called several minutes later.

I wiped my eyes and came downstairs just as Dad shut the front door.

"Honey, what happened?" he asked. "Why is your crack worse?"

"W-well...when the Mayor said you were dead," I replied, "I fainted. I guess I hit my head again."

"Sheesh," Dad replied. "That's some high stress level there. But...why are you stressed in this first place?"

I looked down at the ground, biting my lip.

"Honey, you know you can talk to me," he said.

"I know."

I shuddered, wondering how he'd react.

"Um...Lock's upstairs," I said.

"What?" Dad asked. "Why?"

"Um...well...I've been--we've been...dating," I stammered.

Dad blinked in surprise. "Wasn't expecting that," he said.

"You're not mad?" I asked, not looking up at him.

"No, of course not," Dad replied. "I always knew something was different about him. That's why I never annoyed him as much. Those other two, though..."

"That's where I was going," I replied. "Shock and Barrel realized Lock and I were dating, and they took him down to Oogie Boogie's lair. Oogie Boogie beat him nearly to death." I started crying. "Lock is so scared of him," I murmured.

"Well...hold on, did you not hear?" Dad asked.

"What?" I inquired.

"I killed Oogie Boogie."

I looked up that time. "You killed him?" I asked. "Why?"

"Hey, I had every right to," Dad said. "He was trying to kill Sandy Claws and Sally. So, I gave him what he deserved."

"Did you split one of his seams?" I asked.

"Yep," Dad replied. "Lock doesn't have to worry about him anymore."

"Good," I sighed. But then I remembered the reason I'd been stressed out in the first place, and I started crying harder.

"Come sit down with me, Skelly," Dad said.

I sat down next to him on the couch.

"What else is going on?" he asked. "You were stressed before Oogie Boogie beat Lock up."

"Um...well, I don't know how to say it," I replied.

"Just tell me," Dad said.

"I...I just...I just feel like...the daughter that can...no matter how hard she tries, she...she can't...she can't live up to...to her dad," I whispered.

"Skelly," Dad sighed.

I started crying even harder, and I buried my face in his shoulder. He stroked my hair, letting me cry and cry until I couldn't cry anymore.

"Baby, look at me," Dad replied. I looked up at him. "You don't have to," he said. "I felt that same way with my dad. My dad and I were...never really on the best terms, if you know what I mean. My mom and I were close, though. You know what my mom told me once?"

"What'd she say?"

"She said these exact words: 'No matter what happens, you will never be like your father. And I don't want you to be. I want you to be you.'"

I gulped, wiping the last of my tears away.

"Honey, I don't want you to be exactly like me," he continued. "You're your own person. And I don't want you to be someone you're not. Understand?"

"Yeah," I whispered. "Dad? There's something else."

"Go on."

"I...I'm really missing Mom," I said. "I guess it's because I'm growing up and..."

"You saw me and Sally, didn't you?" he sighed.

"It's not...well, I did, but that didn't upset me," I replied. "I've been missing her, ever since I was old enough to understand that she was never going to come back. Also..." I stopped.

"Yes?"

"I know," I said.

"Know what?"

"That she was human," I replied.

"How long have you known that?!" Dad exclaimed.

"A while," I giggled.

"Child, you and your stupid snooping," Dad teased.

"Hey!" I whined.

"I'm kidding."

"How...why did you...what?" I asked. "I'm confused."

"Long story short, I went to the human world. I saw her, she saw me, and I guess she just got stuck here," Dad explained. "But there's a lot more to it than that. She...I brought her here for...complicated reasons."

"You'd better not make me snoop again," I said. "You're telling me eventually."

"I will, I will," Dad said.

"I have to go check on Lock," I replied.

I went upstairs to my room, Dad following me.

"Ouch," he said.

"Sssh," I whispered. "He's cute when he's asleep. Don't wake him up."

Dad sighed heavily. "My little girl is growing up," he said. "That is not okay."

I smiled. "Can Lock live with us from now on?" I asked.

"Sure."

I smiled, knowing everything would be okay. Lock was safe with me now. Mom...well, I still missed her, but knowing that I'd soon find out more about her made me feel like she was right there with us. And best of all, I didn't have to live up to Dad. I could be myself, Jazmine "Skelly" Skellington. Dad would leave a legacy, and when I became the Pumpkin Queen, I would make sure that his legacy lived on.

THE END!!!

(A/N - There will be a sequel coming up! Hope you enjoyed this story!)

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

3.2K 73 23
One skeleton prince. One human girl. Both are underestimated. Both have no idea what fate will do to them... None... Hey guys! Book 3 of my Nightmare...
127K 3K 15
*I do not own the Nightmare before Christmas. All rights belong to Tim Burton and Disney™*. Halloween... The time of year you absolutely hate. Not be...
4.3K 105 22
When a new family moves in next to Buffy who's 14 and has a deep dark secret that will change her life if told, will she discover that she's not the...
43.7K 1.2K 27
Jack Skellington, the Pumpkin King of Halloween Town, meets Sally, a ragdoll created by Dr. Finklestein. A friendship blossoms between them as he int...