This Isn't Me.

By AcaTitanium94

Cheryl is married to an old man who has a fortune. He died in hospital after a health bid. The redhead seems... More

First Meeting
Panic
Not one cent
Searching for the truth
Suspicsions and fights
Change of Plans
Terms and Conditions
There's nothing in there
Something behind those words
Josie's confession
Looks And Thoughts
Thoughts and feelings
Jealousy and annoyance
This isnt me
Apologies and a dinner
Busniess Woman
Diabetes And A Doctor?
Sunrise and smiles
First Day Of Work
Toni's Confession
Doubts & Fights
Financial bonds & getting caught
Friend turn to enemies
Painful Past
Be free
She chose you
Before the last
Surprise
A/N
NEW STORY

Jealousy and business deals

1.9K 65 62
By AcaTitanium94

For my dad too... She thought as she cleared her throat. "I need to get going."

"I'm going to have a drink over at Sweetpea and Josie's, would you like to come?" The short brunette asked the redhead.

Cheryl shook her head. "Of course not."

"Why not?" Toni asked confused.

"Why should I go? Josie and Sweetpea aren't my friends..." She trailed off.

Toni nodded, "Yeah, so you come with me tonight and hang out with my friends, and I'll hang out with your friends some other night."

Cheryl sighed. "I don't have friends..." She said quietly not wanting to meet Toni's eyes.

"That's not true, no one has no have friends," Toni argued.

"I don't, since eight years I don't have friends, I only have Vee, she's my best friend and sister." Cheryl shot back. "You should take her with you tonight, she likes them," Cheryl said shrugging. And she likes you. She thought as she looked at Toni. "I need to go."

I don't want to take Veronica. The short brunette said to herself.

"Can I tell you something before we leave?" Cheryl asked the brunette and when she saw her nod, she continued. "So we won't fight and annoy each other, and also in order to not get angry at each other, I prefer that you won't come to the office anymore," Cheryl said with firmness although it killed her.

I won't let go of you that easily Cheryl ... The short brunette thought. "But the factory needs an engineer."

"I'll find someone else for the job." The redhead informed.

Toni shrugged. "It's not easy to find someone who can understand the work like I can."

"Don't worry about it, I'll find someone even if they lived in China."

The short brunette pouted playfully. "That's how bad you want to get rid of me?" She asked with a raised eyebrow. "Why?"

"I don't want you to come, and don't forget that I am the owner of the factory and I am still talking to you with all politeness."

"What if I insisted on coming to work?"

"Then I will have to treat you with rudeness."

"Although I am used to your rudeness, can I think about it?"

Cheryl rolled her eyes playfully. "If you want to think about it go ahead, but if you want my opinion, you don't have a lot of opinions here."

Toni chuckled. "You know, despite all your rudeness and impoliteness, you are a funny woman, and a beautiful one too."

Cheryl smiled, She thinks I'm beautiful... She thought as she gazed into Toni's eyes.

"I think it's time for us to leave," Toni said softly.

Still gazing into the brunette's eyes, Cheryl spoke. "Where to?" She asked kindly.

"Home," Toni replied with a soft voice.

"Y-Yeah, let's go," Cheryl said as she stood up, followed by Toni who left a couple of hundred bills on the table and left.

About half an hour later, Toni and Cheryl made their way out of the car and started to walk to the front door, the short brunette stopped midway and looked at the redhead who continued to walk to the front door without any word. Toni shook her head and walked back to her room, she opened the window that shows Cheryl's window and closed her eyes as events from the office passed through her mind.

"Don't hit me!" Cheryl said in a panic voice. "Please!" She added in a heartbeat as she pulled Toni's hand away.

Cheryl panicked as she started to try to walk away But Toni held her closely. "Leave me, please Toni. Let me go."

"Why did you come here Toni? All I wanted was to be away from you." The redhead asked helplessly.

Back in the redhead's room, as soon as she entered she sat on the sofa and buried her head in her hands. She couldn't believe the day she had. All she wanted was to stay away from Toni but it seems that the short brunette is making it harder than she imagined. A few minutes later, an angry Veronica entered the room.

"What's going on Cheryl ?" She started her questioning.

"What do you mean?" The redhead asked confused.

The nurse sighed. "Why did you come with Toni in the same car?"

"Oh, yea-" She was cut off by the nurse.

"Where did you see her? Didn't she leave like really early?" The raven haired girl asked with jealousy clearly shown.

"I found her there Vee," Cheryl said in a calm voice.

"What was she doing there?" When she saw the redhead shake her head she asked again. "Didn't you tell her to leave and that the factory is yours?"

"Of course I did, but she didn't listen to me." The redhead said in frustration.

The nurse raised her eyebrow at the redhead. "What do you mean?"

"It appears that she has an agreement with the manager there so that she can work there."

"And you are accepting this?" Veronica exclaimed.

"No, when I told her to leave the job she said she'll think about it."

"And were you this whole day at the office?" She asked in jealousy.

Cheryl shook her head. "She took me out for lunch."

Veronica's anger began to boil, she couldn't believe how her best friend was being such a hypocrite. "HOW COULD YOU GO OUT AND HAVE DINNER WITH HER?" She asked in anger.

"What do you want me to do Vee!? The car is for Toni, Alex won't listen to me if I told him not to go to the restaurant!" The redhead snapped harshly at her best friend.

Veronica took a deep breath. "She invited you?" She asked more calmly.

"Not officially," Cheryl replied rolling her eyes.

"What did she ask you? How did she bring up the invitation?"

"Let's go for lunch. Let's go eat. What else could she say!?" She asked snapping at her best friend.

I won't let her get Toni. She is mine. Veronica thought as she left the redhead's room without any other word.

About ten minutes later, Toni looking in the mirror as she was fixing her shirt when the nurse entered. "Hey, Toni,"

Toni looked at the Vee's reflection and sighed internally. "Hey." She said with a fake smile.

"Are you going somewhere?" She asked as she noticed that Toni was picking up her wallet.

The short brunette nodded. "Yes, I am going to have a drink over at Pea's."

Veronica pouted. "Too bad, I was bored and I saw you came back so I thought we'd have a drink together."

"Oh, I'm sorry," Toni said as she again plastered a fake smile. "Maybe next time. But I really need to go because I am late."

"So you won't change your mind and stay here with me?"

"I can't, I promised Sweetpea," Toni replied apologetically.

Veronica stayed silent for a few moments, trying to find a way to hang out with Toni. "Is Josie going to be there?"

"Of course, I am going to their house."

"Then I'll come with you. I like her a lot. Give me two minutes to get my bag and we can go." Veronica said with a grin as she turned her back and sprinted to her room.

What the hell... Toni said to herself, not believing what just happened.

Cheryl was in her bedroom, dressed in her nightwear when Veronica barged into her room. "Do you want anything before I head out?" She asked with a wide smile.

"W-Where are you going?" The widow asked confused.

"Toni invited me to go over at Josie and Sweetpea's."

Cheryl could only nod. "Have fun." She said as she received a kiss on the cheek and watched her best friend leave. The redhead sighed as she saw her best friend walk away, she stood up and went to change her clothes to go to her spot in the forest.

Toni was standing and looking at the view from the man's balcony, she took a deep breath as her mind started to wander back to Cheryl , she couldn't stop wanting to be near her, she was also annoyed for the fact that Veronica invited herself to come along with her.

Sweetpea cleared his throat as he entered the balcony, gaining the attention of the brunette. "What are you thinking about?" He asked as he handed Toni a drink.

The short brunette shook her head. "Nothing. I went to the factory today."

"How did you find it?"

Toni smiled. "It still had the scent of my father, you know how the smell of anything brings back a memory? I remembered everything as soon as I entered the factory, I remembered my mom, or when how my dad used to take me with him to his office. I felt suffocated." She said in a sad voice.

"You changed Toni , don't you notice?"

The brunette nodded. "I feel like I changed, I want to talk to someone."

"I'm here for you. You know that..."

Toni sighed as she heard Josie's voice. "Why are you standing outside in the cold?" The belly dancer asked as Veronica walked beside her.

"Can I ask you a question?" The short brunette asked as she took a sip of her wine.

"To all of us?" The nurse asked with a smile.

Toni shrugged. "Yeah. so Josie, let's say one day you had an argument with Pea and it got heated as in yelling loudly. Would you be scared and tell him please don't hit me?"

Josie's eyes went wide. "W-What? Why would he hit me? Are we living in a jungle?"

Veronica's face fell. She knew that this question was about Cheryl she couldn't help but feel jealousy run through her body.

"What about you Veronica?" Toni asked the nurse.

"It depends if a person I trust of course I won't say that, but if it's a person I hate and don't trust, of course, I will say that," she replied in annoyance.

Toni looked at Sweetpea and then at Josie, all in shock at the brunette's answer.
————-
Before she could walk out of the front door, she went to check on Jacob, she knocked softly as she heard a soft 'come in', she opened the door slowly to find the little boy asleep while Elissa's tears were falling on her face.

"I apologize, Ms. Cheryl, did you call my name and I haven't heard?" Elissa said in a panic, she thought she was getting scold for not answering the redhead.

The redhead smiled softly. "No, calm down. I came to check on Jacob. How is he?" She said as she sat down on the extra bed, "Sit down Elissa." She demanded softly.

"He's good, he ate and slept." The housemaid said as she took a seat beside the redhead.

"Look Elissa, the worst thing you can do in front of a sick person is to cry. Half of the cure is the psychological state of the patient, if you continue to cry in front of him he'll get tired and sicker. I know diabetes isn't an easy and I also know that it needs injections and strict food but think of the good side of it. It's not a dangerous disease. If we know how to control it we can live it. You should thank God that there was no dangerous disease."

Elissa nodded as she wiped her tears. "Thank God." Why is she so sweet? Could it be possible that she has a good heart? Elissa thought to herself as she looked at the redhead.

"Elissa, accept the situation because you can't change what happened. And the faster you accept it the faster Jacob will too. Kids his age adapt quickly, you'll see when he grows up how he'll study, graduate, work, get married and have kids. Stop crying, and stop making him that he has this incurable illness, you are the only one who can make it easy for him because you are his mom. Okay?" Cheryl said softly.

"You have a point, Ms. Blossom." She said nodding.

The redhead smiled and placed a hand on the house maid's shoulder. "If you need anything just come and find me, I am either in my room or walking around the backyard, okay?" She asked gently as she stood up

"Ms. Blossom ," Elissa said as she stood up from her place. "I want to thank you, for everything you did with me and Jacob, I will always be in debt for you."

"I didn't do anything, you are a great woman." The redhead said as she smiled.

"Ms. Cheryl," Melissa said in a polite voice as she entered the room. "Jason and Betty are waiting for you in the living room."

Cheryl's eyes widened, as her heart started to beat fast. She ran to the living room and hugged her siblings. "What's wrong?"

Betty sighed. "Jason told you that dad found about us taking the money right?"

The redhead nodded, "What's going on?" She asked impatiently.

"He decided to sell the house..." Jason trailed off.

"What do you mean he wants to sell the house?!" She started to yell. "Just because he doesn't want to take money from me?! The house that meant so much to him! To this family! The house that I ruined eight years of my future and my life for! Now he wants to sell it? That easily!? Eight years of pain, humiliation, and shit! He wants to sell it just because he doesn't want to take money from me!?" She yelled in hurt, anger, and heartbreak.

Jason's eyes went wide. "What do you mean eight years of pain and humiliation?" He asked as anger to boil in him, the thought of his sister getting hurt was not in his books. "What do you mean Cheryl!?"

"Jayjay, calm down!" Betty said in an attempt to calm her brother. "We need to go. Come on." She said as she pushed him of off the sofa as she saw Cheryl still crying. She walked with him to their car.

"What do you think she meant by eight years of pain?" The brother asked as he balled his fists and hit the steering wheel. "Why are you quiet do you know anything?"

Betty shook her head. "No, but I have a feeling and it isn't good." She said with a sigh. "I think Larry used to hit her."

"WHAT? ARE YOU SURE?" He asked in shock.

"Calm down, I said I think, I am not sure. It's just that, when Larry was alive, we used to call a week before we wanted to visit."

Jason shook his head, "This doesn't mean he was hitting her."

"Can't you see how cold hearted she was? How did she change? She wasn't this cruel. When a person changes this bad, there must be a reason."

"Betty, you know why Cheryl had to marry Larry, maybe because she wanted to continue going to college and then she had to give up on her dream?"

Betty shrugged. "Maybe, but let's say your right, why would she say humiliation, pain, and shit? When you think about it, Jason you'll see that I had a point."

Toni and Veronica were driving back home when the nurse spoke first. "Why did you ask that question Toni?"

"For you to say what you said, it means you know very well why I asked this question," Toni replied as she kept her eyes on the road.

"I only answered the thing I find reasonable." Veronica shot back.

"Tell me, how was my uncle?"

The nurse looked at the brunette in shock. "You are asking me about your uncle?" When she saw Toni nod, she continued. "He was a good man." She said lying. She knew very well how Larry was with Cheryl.

"And if he was good, why did Cheryl hate him?"

The nurse scoffed. "It's normal, Cheryl hates everyone Toni." She said as she rolled her eyes.

"But she loves you." The brunette reasoned.

"Of course, and I love her too. What I did to Cheryl no one else did it. I left my work and came to live with her. Don't forget that we grew up together." She said snapping at the brunette. Toni didn't say anything as she parked her car and made her way out of the car. "Do you want to get a drink?" The she then asked.

Toni shook her head. "No thank you, I am heading to bed."

"Are you going to the factory tomorrow?" Veronica asked with a hint of jealousy.

"Why are you asking?" Toni asked back as she kept her eyes on the nurses's face.

Veronica sighed. "Because Cheryl told me what happened today at the factory," she said as her face was clearly shown how angry she was.

She's weird. Toni thought as she nodded wordlessly.

"Can I ask you for a favor?" The raven haired girl asked in hesitance and when she saw Toni nod, she continued."Please stop going to the factory."

The short brunette looked at her confused. "Why?"

"Toni, Cheryl is a very hard person to deal with, and when she has her mind set on something she will do it no matter what it takes. She said she doesn't want you in the factory and she will do everything in her power to make sure you don't go. And in all honesty, I don't like to see you getting insulted from her. I know my best friend well when she gets angry she starts spitting out nonsense and mean things. And I am scared for you." She said shrugging.

What do you want to get at Veronica ? Why are you trying to keep me away from Cheryl ? Toni asked herself as she smirked. "You're scared for me? From Cheryl? Look, I know very well how to defend myself and I know very well how to handle her. And whether I go to the factory or not, it is my decision. Okay?" She asked in a voice that meant there was no room for discussion.

Veronica panicked, she didn't dare to look into the brunette's eyes as she spoke. "I didn't mean it that way Toni." She rushed out quickly as she noticed how quickly Toni's tone changed. "But I hate seeing you guys fight because you are both are my friends..." She trailed off.

"Goodnight," Toni said as she walked passed the nurse.

"G-G-Goodnight Toni ," the nurse mumbled quietly. What have I done? Shit, now she feels I was acting weird and that I don't want her near Cheryl ! Stupid Vee .She thought as she exhaled a breath she didn't know she was holding.

As she was walking to her room, Toni glanced up at the redhead's room to find the lights were off. She frowned as she started to think to herself where could Cheryl be, she remembered her saying she was going to sleep, and the redhead always kept her lights on. The forest. She thought to herself as she started walking to the forest.

Cheryl was leaning against the tree with a glass of wine in hand as she gazed into the night sky. Stars were filling the sky and the wind was breezing through the trees, the sound of the crickets was being heard softly as she was deep in thought. A few moments, she heard footsteps, she turned and saw Toni approaching, she quickly wiped her tears as Toni's concerned voice rang in her ears. "Cheryl , is something wrong?"

The redhead sighed and turned her face away from Toni. "What are you doing her?" She asked a bit harshly.

"Are you okay?" Toni's soft and concerned voice was heard again.

Cheryl sighed softly. "Toni please, leave me alone. I came here to be alone."

The brunette nodded. "So that mean's I can't sit right?"

The redhead shook her head. "No."

The short brunette smirked as she sat beside the redhead and leaned her back against the tree. "Thank you."

"Why are you insisting on bothering me?" Cheryl said with annoyance.

Toni ignored the redhead and asked spoke again. "Tell me, Cheryl," She started as she took the glass from her hand and took a sip. "Do you come here every time you want to cry?"

The redhead sighed. "You are such a rude person, but it's my fault, I shouldn't have kept you here. I should have kicked you out of the house. And if you are still going to bother me I will kick you out Toni." She said as she turned to face the brunette.

"Oh no! Please don't kick me out! Please!" Toni said sarcastically.

Cheryl shook her head as a small smile appeared on her lips. "Are you being sarcastic? You know I can do it."

"Nope, you can't," Toni said with a smile.

"What made you so sure?" The widow asked as she took the glass again from the brunette.

Toni shrugged. "I don't know, I am just sure. Besides, I came to see the sunrise." She said as she looked back at the sky.

Cheryl's face suddenly fell as she shook her head and sighed. "I don't think it'll rise today."

The short brunette looked at the redhead and she could see how sad Cheryl was. "No, it will rise, it might be late but it will rise." She said as she recalled her words from before. "I wanted to ask you, what happened to the problem your father was having?"

"How did you know about my father?" Cheryl said with wide eyes and panic.

Toni shrugged. "I just knew."

"Toni, stop asking Veronica about me and stop making her talk. She doesn't say anything about me unless you tricked her say it."

The short brunette chose to ignore the redhead. "So, what happened to your dad's problem?"

"It's not of your business."

Toni took the glass again from the redhead and exhaled a breath. "Cheryl..." She trailed off.

"He wants to sell the house," the redhead said queitly.

"I think that's wise," Toni said shrugging.

Cheryl scoffed. "Easy for you to say. You don't know how much my father loves that house," She said sadly.

"Well if he wants to sell it, why don't you buy it? You have the money..." Toni suggested.

"Me?" She asked confused. "But if he knew..."

"Maybe if he knew that you were buying it he won't sell?"

The widow shook her head. "Not maybe... for sure he won't sell it."

"What about buying the building through someone else," Toni stated again.

Cheryl turned and looked at the brunette. "What do you mean? I don't understand." She asked softly as she was intrigued by the idea.

"I mean, let someone buy it, and then you buy it from that person."

Cheryl liked the idea, it would work but she needed a person to do it. "But dad knows Veronica ." She said with a sad sigh.

"I'm sure there is someone other than her, what about Liam? You can tell him to buy it."

"Dad knows Liam, he met him when I dad was working in the factory," Cheryl said quietly.

"Is it there where you met my uncle?" Toni asked hesitantly.

Cheryl shook her head. "It is your uncle first saw me."

What does she mean? Toni thought as she nodded. "I'll buy it."

"Mom knows you," Cheryl argued.

"But she wants what's best for your father." The brunette argued back.

"But she won't lie to him Toni. Besides, dad might connect your name to Larry's since you both are Topaz's."

Toni sighed. "That's true, how about Sweetpea ? I'll ask him tomorrow."

Cheryl changed her seating as she turned and sat in front of the brunette. "Why?"

"Why what?" Toni asked confused.

"Why are you helping me?" The redhead clarified.

"Because I li-" She stopped herself when she realized what was she about to say. "Because I want to work at the factory."

Cheryl giggled. "I knew it! I knew that you would ask for something in return."

Toni chuckled. "Look, if you let me work at the factory, tomorrow I'll call him and tell him about the plan."

"And if I don't let you work?"

Toni shrugged. "I'll still call him."

Cheryl laughed. "Why do you want to work at the factory?"

I hope I can convince her. "Because as you know, I am jobless, and working for the factory will help me earn money."

"I'll give you money, without working," Cheryl said with a smile.

Toni chuckled again. "I don't want to live off your money,"

"But you were living off Larry's money."

The short brunette shrugged. "He was my uncle. Beside's I'll be traveling back to Canada soon, so I'll be out of your hair in no time."

Cheryl bit her lip as she thought about what Toni said. "Okay."

"Okay? You accept?" The brunette asked in shock, she didn't think Cheryl would accept.

"Under one condition. You never bother me at work." She said with a smile.

"I won't bother you." Toni rushed out quickly. "I promise." She said with a smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

798 49 12
Cheryl was forced to married Reggie Mantle a rich guy her parents knows Cheryl is a lesbian and don't want her dating women . Reggie is a abusive he...
29.9K 945 22
Toni Topaz, queen bee. Northside Queen. Everyone loves and envy's her. Everyone wants to date her, but she never takes anyone. Cheryl Blossom, serpe...
268K 7.2K 53
"Geez, Cheryl! You're such a klutz!" She laughed as I quickly picked up my glasses and notebook that I dropped when I fell. Veronica was about to say...
156K 2.1K 24
A series of snippets of a "behind the scenes" look of Cheryl and Toni's relationship. All headcanons, of course. Each chapter holds a different theme...