Just Give Me A Reason || 13 R...

By angelofmusic36

Just a little bit's enough Just a second we're not broken just bent, and we can learn to love again It's in t... More

Cast
Tape 1, Side A > Justin
Tape 1, Side B > Jessica
Tape 2, Side A > Alex
Tape 3, Side A > Courtney
Tape 3, Side B > Marcus
Tape 5, Side B > Sheri
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
26

25

924 24 0
By angelofmusic36

Zach Dempsey
November

"It isn't even a discussion man." I say in the locker room. "This is a fucking murder case."

"Why are you so heated about this?" Justin asks me. "You hated Bryce."

"But I didn't want him dead."

"You think Tyler did?" Justin asks.

"Tyler had motive."

"What about Tyler?" Monty asks, coming over to us.

"Nothing." I say.

"You guys are so obsessed with that faggot." Monty says. "I see Justin with him all the time."

"Shut up Monty." I say.

"Is it a sex thing?" He asks. "I mean what's the deal? Holy shit! Did he kill Bryce?"

"You have no idea what you're talking about so you need to shut your mouth." I say.

"He finally snapped and killed Bryce and you two are covering it up."

"Don't be a fucking idiot Monty." Justin says.

"It's either that or... Zach's fucking him. I mean it makes sense. Since Jade dumped his pathetic ass." I punch him in the face and a couple of Monty's guys jump on me and Justin.

"Hey! Hey!" Kerba says. "Break it up!" Monty and I are separated but I'm still heated. "You two get dressed and take a walk." Kerba says to Monty and I. I throw on a shirt and go into the hallway. I see Jade stuffing some things in her bag from her locker and I quickly turn away.

"Zach." She calls out. I turn back around.

"Hey." I say. She comes up to me. "What's up?"

"I looked for you the night of the game." She says. "I went to the hospital but you weren't there. They said you were already discharged."

"Yeah. They got me out of there pretty quick. And then I just... went home." I lie.

"I completely understand. How are you feeling?"

"Alright I guess. It just sucks that I can't play anymore."

"So what are you gonna do?" He shrugs.

"Not sure yet." We stand in an awkward silence. "Well I gotta get back. I'll see you later."

"Yeah. Later." She smiles slightly and leaves.

~

Jade Adams

I dig through my bag for my keys when a squad car pulls up.

"Miss. Adams."

"Officer Diaz. To what do I owe the company?"

"Just need you to come down to the station and answer a couple of questions."

"About?"

"Bryce Walker." I sigh.

"I don't know anything but sure."

"Great. Just follow me." I get in my car and the two of us go to the station and we sit down in an interrogation room. "Alright Miss. Adams, let's get started. "Did you know Bryce?"

"Obviously."

"How well did you know him?"

"I didn't know anything about his personal life if that's what you're asking. I just hung around him because I was best friends with Jeff and I dated Zach."

"Zach Dempsey and Jeff Atkins correct?" I nod. "And are you and Zach still together?"

"I said "dated" meaning past tense."

"And you two broke up because?"

"Personal reasons that have nothing to do with Bryce's death. So just ask me what you want to ask me so I can go."

"Were you angry with Bryce because people called him a rapist?" I scoff.

"Yeah I was. But that didn't mean I wanted to see him dead."

"Where did you want to see him?"

"In a jail cell with the rest of the rapists."

"But you wanted him to hurt right?"

"Emotionally. Not physically. I wanted him to feel the pain he inflicted on others. I wanted him to feel sorry. Genuinely sorry."

"And?" I sigh.

"Sheriff please. I get you have a job to do but you are asking the wrong person. Yes Bryce fucked up. He fucked up big time but I didn't want him dead. The day I found out Jeff died, Bryce drove me to his parents house and he picked me up. He sat behind me at Jeff's funeral. He stood by Jeff's parents and myself while we cleaned out his gym locker." I pause. "Huh."

"What?"

"I can't believe I forgot that."

"Forgot what?"

"After it was cleaned out, Bryce sat next to me on that bench for an hour and a half while I stared at his empty locker. Hoping that it would refill itself." I snap back. "I'm not excusing what he did. I'm just telling you that I have nothing personally against Bryce. He did nothing to me. And besides I'm trying to graduate early so I don't have the time to kill someone and attempt to get away with it."

"Why are you graduating early? Are you running from something?"

"Hell yeah I'm running. I'm jetting. My mother died here, my best friend in the whole world died here... then all that stuff with Hannah, the trial and now Bryce? Wouldn't you leave too if you could? I'm ready for the next step."

"And that is?"

"FIT."

"New York. That's a far jump."

"I'm ready. I'm ready to go."

"I think I got all I need. Thank you for coming in. And good luck with everything."

"Thank you. I hope you find him."

~

Zach Dempsey

I knock on Kerba's office door.

"There he is. The star Captain. What's up?"

"I have to resign as Captain."

"Zach, just because you're not on the field doesn't mean that you're not an integral part of this team. The way you lead these guys, it gives me hope for future.

"That's the thing Coach, I don't have a future and I need to accept that."

"Don't quit on me. You still have a lot to offer. And if you stick around I'm sure you'll see that."

"I've made up my mind. Thank you Coach for everything. You've been... this team means a lot to me and... it always will."

"You always have a home here. You can stop by anytime."

"No I don't think I can."

~

Jade Adams

I ring the doorbell to Zach's place and May answers the door.

"Jade!" She says happily. I smile.

"Hi pretty lady."

"I thought you left already."

"Not yet. I have a few loose ends to tie up and I wouldn't dare leave without saying goodbye to you." May and I go inside the house. "Is uh Zach here?"

"He's in his room." I nod and go upstairs to see his room door closed and a weird noise coming from the other end. I lightly put the bag on the floor and go back downstairs. "What's wrong?"

"Is there someone in there with him?" May furrows her eyebrows.

"No..." We go upstairs and knock on the door. "Zach?" No response. We look at each other and I open the door to see Zach with his Beats on and his hand down his boxers just pounding away.

"Oh shit!" Zach exclaims. I quickly cover my eyes and put my hand up to cover May's.

"I am so scarred for life." May sighs.

"Uh... Wh—what are you doing here Jade?"

"I came to return your shit." I say with our eyes still covered.

"I need to leave." May says.

"Alright, on the count of three replace my hand with yours. Ready? One, two, three." I move my hand and May scurries out of the doorway.

"Um just give me a minute." I sigh.

"Are you decent?"

"Yeah." I move my hand. "I just have to go wash my hands." He leaves the room and I grab the bag and sit down on the edge of the bed. "Sorry about that." I shrug.

"You do what you gotta do."

"So you said you had some stuff to return?" I nod and hand him the bag.

"Just some shirts and stuff."

"Jade--"

"Don't. There's nothing left to say." I get off the bed.

"You heard about Monty?" I nod.

"Yeah. That's some sad shit." I head towards the door but stop. "You know, speaking of Monty..." I turn around. "When I dated you, I spent a lot of time with Monty and I've gotten to know him. And he let some things slip about his dad. Not much, but enough that I got the picture. Monty is an asshole. He's a violent asshole but he's not a murderous, violent asshole. But if he were to snap," I snap my fingers. "He wouldn't kill Bryce. If he were to become a murderer, the first person he would kill would be his dad. And then he'd call Bryce to help him cover it up."

"What are you saying Jade?"

"I'm saying Monty didn't kill Bryce. I can feel it in my gut. And I know you know what happened. I know you know who did it. Because let's face it, anything that happens at this school, you're involved."

"Not true." I narrow my eyes.

"Hannah. The Polaroids."

"Are you going to say anything?" I shake my head.

"No. Hell no. Because that would suck me back in and I am graduating early to get away from this shit. So who was it? Who really killed Bryce?" Zach sighs and tells me everything. "You assholes!"

"Shh!" He quickly shuts the bedroom door.

"Don't shush me! That's exactly why I'm leaving. Shit like that!"

"We had no choice!"

"Bullshit! Bullshit you didn't have a choice. You guys chose to pin it on an innocent kid!"

"Monty was not innocent." I raise my hands.

"Fine. Yes. He deserved to go to jail because of what he did to Tyler but that was it. You guys were just looking for an easy way out."

"And it worked."

"And now he's dead. Monty is dead. And he didn't even know what he was really dying for." Zach looks away. "Whose idea was it?"

"Ani."

"The new girl?" He nods. "Bold bitch."

"You can't say anything."

"I promise I won't tell the cops. You all disgust me. I'm glad I'm leaving. I'm outta here. Have a nice life Zach."

"Where are you going?"

"To say goodbye to your sister."

~

As soon as I step into school I get a summons to go to the Principal's office. I go inside and see Principal Bolan behind his desk and Mr. Green next to him.

"Is today the day?" I ask.

"It is." Mr. Green says.

"On behalf of Liberty High, I'd like to present you your diploma. Congratulations Jade Adams."

"Well damn Principal Bolan. You could sound a little more enthusiastic."

"Jade." Mr. Green says.

"Sorry. Thank you." He hands me the diploma and shakes my hand. I look down at it and smile.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have things to do." Mr. Green quickly takes me out of his office before I say anything else.

"Can I say it now?" He nods. "Thank you Mr. Green. I couldn't have done this without you." I hug him.

"It's my job. You made it really easy."

"So what now?"

"Now... you're finished. You can go home and have a graduation party with your friends."

"I don't have any friends."

"Oh come on Jade. A great girl like you has to have at least one friend."

"I did. I had a friend and he's at the cemetery. Which is where I'm going now to have a pre celebration before Deran and Lauren get ahold of me. Thanks again Mr. Green."

"When you become a famous fashion designer, try not to forget about me."

"I could never."

I leave Mr. Green and walk out of the doors for the first time as a non student and I gotta say, it feels pretty fucking good.

X

The next chapter is the last!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49K 1.2K 56
" ๐™„ ๐™˜๐™–๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช''๐™ง๐™š ๐™จ๐™๐™ฎ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™„ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™  ๐™ฎ๐™ค๐™ช''๐™ง๐™š ๐™จ๐™ค ๐™จ๐™ฌ๐™š๐™š๐™ฉ. ๐™Ž๐™ฅ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™™๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™œ ๐™š๐™ซ๐™š๐™ง๐™ฎ ๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™๐™š๐™ง ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ซ๏ฟฝ...
5K 148 17
โ—‡It takes a while to heal. It takes even longer when you don't want tooโ—‡ I do not own any characters except for my own and the changes in the storyli...
210K 6.9K 68
โ› ๐—‚'๐—† ๐—๐—ˆ๐—ˆ ๐–ผ๐—ˆ๐—‡๐—Œ๐—Ž๐—†๐–พ๐–ฝ ๐—‚๐—‡ ๐—†๐—’ ๐—ˆ๐—๐—‡ ๐—…๐—‚๐–ฟ๐–พ. ๐–บ๐—‹๐–พ ๐—๐–พ ๐—๐—ˆ๐—ˆ ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—‡๐—€ ๐–ฟ๐—ˆ๐—‹ ๐—๐—๐—‚๏ฟฝ...