This Isn't Me.

By AcaTitanium94

Cheryl is married to an old man who has a fortune. He died in hospital after a health bid. The redhead seems... More

First Meeting
Panic
Not one cent
Searching for the truth
Suspicsions and fights
Change of Plans
Terms and Conditions
There's nothing in there
Something behind those words
Josie's confession
Looks And Thoughts
Thoughts and feelings
Jealousy and annoyance
This isnt me
Apologies and a dinner
Busniess Woman
Diabetes And A Doctor?
First Day Of Work
Jealousy and business deals
Toni's Confession
Doubts & Fights
Financial bonds & getting caught
Friend turn to enemies
Painful Past
Be free
She chose you
Before the last
Surprise
A/N
NEW STORY

Sunrise and smiles

1.8K 59 55
By AcaTitanium94

Alright! After this i'll upload one last one for the night! Let me know what you think.

"I got worried about you going out at this time of night," Toni said softly.

"You don't have to, I'm not a child," Cheryl said as she took a sip of her wine and looked at the sky which was filled with stars.

The brunette sighed. "May I sit down?" She asked for permission.

"No." Came Cheryl's flat reply.

Choosing to ignore the redhead, Toni sat down beside her as she leaned her back against the tree. "Thank you." She said with a grin.

"You are impossible you know that?" Cheryl asked with a smirk.

Toni chose not to reply. She picked up the bottle and nodded. "Wow, 1994, that's an old bottle. Can I drink?"

The redhead shrugged. "I only got one glass so no." She said as she brought the glass to her lips, but before she could take a sip, Toni took the glass from her and took a sip. "Thank you." She said again.

The redhead sighed and rubbed her hand on her leg. Why is she here? She thought as Toni spoke again. "It's nice out here." She said as she looked around, it was a chilly night, the stars were all in the dark blue sky. The sound of the crickets softly chirping through the forest.

"When I want to be alone, I always come here." The redhead said softly.

"Is Jacob going to be okay?" Toni asked in a sad voice.

The redhead nodded. "He will, but he'll have to take insulin injections throughout his life. The problem is, he is still young and the healthy food that helps him to be healthy he needs might not be able to eat it unless he takes the injection." The widow explained in a sad voice, she wouldn't wish illness on anyone.

"Does Elissa know all of this?" Toni asked as the redhead took the glass from the brunette and twirled it a bit.

"I told Veronica to teach Elissa everything." She said taking a sip. "How can she inject him, how can she measure the blood also what do in cases if low or high sugar and I also told her to give Elissa a list of food so that she knows what to feed him."

Wow, she knows a lot. Toni said to herself as she kept looking at her. "Why don't you teach Elissa? She said as she took the glass again.

Cheryl  sighed sadly."Because I don't like to teach anyone." But I want too... I want to be a doctor again.

Toni looked at the redhead with admiration in her eyes. "I don't know what would have happened if you weren't in that room." The short brunette stated, she was hoping to get more information about what happened at the hospital. "They almost gave him water mixed with sugar." She recalled how Melissa got him the glass.

The redhead sighed. "He'll suffer for most of his life." The widow said in sadness.

Toni nodded her head. "The good thing is that he is still alive. I'm relieved that he doesn't have an illness which doesn't have a medicine."

Cheryl wiped a single tear that has fallen on her cheek. "That's true."

"Y-You were studying medicine?" Toni asked in hesitance.

The redhead nodded. "Yes," It was my dream. She thought quietly.

"And why did you quit?"

Turning her gaze to the night sky, Cheryl replied. "Because I got married."

Not convinced by the answer, Toni sighed as she spoke again. "Which year were you in?"

"Fifth."

"Fifth?!" Toni exclaimed in shock. "You were in your fifth year of medicine and you left?!"

"My dad was waiting for the moment I graduate. He wanted to throw me a huge party." She said with a smile as she remembered how proud her father was of her. "He wanted to invite everybody we knew." She laughed softly. "And then I got married."

"Is that the reason why he is upset with you?" The short brunette asked.

"Dad isn't upset with me, he considers me dead." She said with hurt and sadness.

"But here's the thing, if you quit your studies and get married, it is not the end of the world."

"If they loved their partner." She then looked at Toni. "They would quit if they married the person they love. Not if they married someone like Larry." Cheryl stated in a hint of anger in her voice.

"You didn't love my uncle?" Toni inquired.

Deciding not to answer, the redhead sighed. "What are you doing here Toni?"

"W-What do you mean?"

"Why are you still living here? Why didn't you go and live with your aunts? What do you want from me Toni?"

"I don't want anything from you," The short brunette said shrugging.

"Sometimes I feel like you want to hurt me. But I won't let you Toni."

"Woah, hold up. I want to hurt you?"

"Yes, you always ask and you want to know what happened, but you can't know everything."

Toni nodded. "Is there something I need to know?"

"No Toni, there isn't." She said as she looked back again at the sky. "Veronica told me that you are divorced." She stated after a few moments of silence.

"That is true." The short brunette nodded as she looked at the grass.

"Do you have any kids?" Cheryl asked after a few moments of silence.

Toni sighed and shook her head. "No, I don't. I couldn't."

"Why?" Cheryl asked confused.

"We were married for a year," Toni said shrugging.

"Why?" The redhead asked with a laugh. "She couldn't stand you anymore?" Not realizing what she said, Toni's heart broke at the redhead's words.

If only you knew. "Yeah..." She said quietly. "She couldn't stand me anymore."

"Do you love her?"

"I used to love her," Toni said with determination.

Sensing that she has upset the brunette, she changed the subject. "You know why I come and sit here? So I can watch the sun rising. Sometimes the sun rises late, and I say to myself that it wouldn't rise but then it does."

"And why wouldn't it rise?"

Cheryl shrugged. "If you saw how the sun was setting, how shy, scared and lonely it was, you'll say to yourself the same thing. But it rises again and it's always more vibrant, more warm and strong." She said softly.

Toni smiled warmly. "Are you saying these stuff to make me feel better? Because you think you brought up some disturbing topics in my life?"

"Nope, not at all," Cheryl said lying. She would never admit it to the brunette.

"Tell me, Cheryl, what are you planning on doing with your life?"

Cheryl shrugged. "The first thing I want to do is sell everything."

"Everything? Why?" Toni asked confused.

"So that I could make a hill out of money." She said with a smirk.

"Hill?" Toni laughed. "If you sell everything you'll make a mountain of money."

"Even better, because I want to burn them."

"Why?" Toni asked the redhead.

"Because I want to see how all of Larry's hard work is going to waist," The redhead said in a low and angry voice.

"But why?" The short brunette asked as she raised her eyebrow. She knew that Cheryl wanted to sell everything, but she never knew why. "You can give the money to charity."

"I don't want anybody to gain the use of the money because if they did, the will pray to god to let Larry's soul rest in peace. And I don't want that."

Toni's eye's widened. "Woah, I always thought deep down you'd have at least one gram of human emotion."

"I don't have any emotions."

"Yeah, now I know that you don't have any kind of feelings or emotions. I understand that you don't love Larry and that you always fight but it's not acceptable that you'd speak of him in such a way."

Cheryl sighed. "I came here to sit alone, not to be lectured." She said as she passed the glass to Toni. "I'm going back to my room." She said as she was about to stand up but Toni stopped her.

"Stay, you came here to relax, I'll go," She said as she started to get up but then felt Cheryl's hand on her thigh.

"Toni, stay. Please." She said in such vulnerable voice that it broke the brunette's heart. "Don't leave me alone. I don't want to be alone. Stay." She pleaded, she then shivered from the sudden wind that occurred.

"Are you cold?" Toni asked concerned.

Cheryl nodded. "A lot." She said softly.

The brunette then removed the hoodie she was wearing and gave it to Cheryl so she gets warm. "Thank you Toni," She said quietly. They looked at each other and then back at the moon as after a few moments of silence Toni sighed and opened her arms. "You're still cold, come here."

"N-No it's o-okay," Cheryl said hesitance.

"Cheryl, come here," Toni demanded softly. The redhead nodded and placed her legs on top of Toni's thighs and rested her head on Toni's chest. The brunette smiled and wrapped her arms tightly around her redhead.

Unbeknownst to Toni and Cheryl, Veronica was tossing and turning in her bed, she was furious and jealous of how Toni and Cheryl were together. What are they doing? Could Toni have feelings for her? And what about Cheryl, she told me not to get close to Toni because she is related to Larry and now she's with her? What a hypocrite. She thought as she jumped from her bed and ran to Cheryl's room to see if they came back, when she entered and didn't find the redhead, Veronica balled her fists and slammed Cheryl's bed. No! She can't have Toni! Her brain yelled inside her head as she went back to her room and slamming the door behind her.

The next morning, Cheryl and Toni were asleep in the same position they last sat in. Toni had her arm wrapped around the redhead, holding her tightly. The brunette was the first to open her eyes, she smiled as she saw Cheryl asleep in her arms. She looks so peaceful, so calm. What happened to you, Cheryl? What turned you into this cold-hearted woman? She thought as her lips brushed the top of the widows head.

The redhead opened her eyes and looked up at Toni and gave her a smile as she straightened her back against the tree. It feels so good to be in her arms. Cheryl said as she looked around and saw that the sun has already risen. "You slept?" The widow asked softly, she had fallen asleep before the brunette.

The short brunette still had her arm around Cheryl's waist, she smiled and nodded. "I kept waking up and sleeping again," She then looked at the blue sky. "You look like an angel when you're asleep."

Cheryl giggled. "And do I look like a devil when I am awake?"

"Nah, like the devil's cousin," The brunette said laughing as Cheryl slapped her on her stomach.

Looking up at the sky, the redhead sighed. "I didn't see the sunrise." She pouted slightly.

"But I did," She said giving Cheryl a smile.

The redhead turned and faced Toni. "How was it?"

"Amazing, strong, it burns, just like you said." The short brunette replied.

Cheryl grinned and nodded, she started to take off Toni's hoodie when the brunette stopped her. "Keep it, you get cold easily. Besides, it looks better on you." She said softly. The redhead smiled and stood up as she grabbed the brunette's hand and pulled her up. They began walking back to the house when they came across a small hill, Toni jumped first and then held Cheryl's hand and helped her up.

"Would you like to rest for a little bit?" Toni asked worriedly.

The redhead shook her head. "I want to change my clothes and go to the hospital."

"Then I will do the same."

"B-But Toni you barely slept, you watched the sunrise."

The brunette shrugged. "It's fine, I am not tired. I want to go with you." She said softly as they continued their walk to the house only to find Veronica waiting for them by the front door.

This isn't going to go well. Cheryl thought as she lowered her gaze. Toni noticed this and leaned in and whispered into Cheryl's ear. "Keep your head up."

"Isn't this lovely." Veronica spat as soon as she saw them. The redhead didn't say anything, she just glanced at Toni one last time and went to her room, followed by Veronica. "Are you crazy Cheryl? You come back home the next day with her? What would the maids say?" She said in anger. "Is there something going on between you and Toni?" She asked as jealousy was noticed in her voice.

"Of course not! What's wrong with you?" The widow responded quickly.

"Then what's going on between you two?" She asked while her tone was harsh.

"There's nothing going on! What has gotten into you, Vee!"

Veronica walked closer to where Cheryl was standing. "You stay away from her, okay?"

"I will. Tomorrow I start working, and I won't have to see her all day." Cheryl responded weakly. Veronica wants Toni... She is jealous.

"She's Larry's niece Vee, you should stay away from her. Isn't that what you told me?" The nurse spat in anger.

Cheryl nodded. "I remember what I said perfectly."

"Then do start applying them to yourself will you?." She said as she left the room.

The redhead sighed as she heard the door slam, she laid on her bed and placed her hand over her head. "What am I going to do?" She asked herself in a whisper.

After showering, Toni, Veronica, and Cheryl made their way to the hospital to check on Jacob. Toni was on her phone as they exited the elevator. "You go ahead, I'll follow you guys," Cheryl said as she was about to turn into one of the hallways.

"Where are you going?" Toni asked placing her phone away.

"I'll be right back," the redhead said not wanting Toni to know where she is going.

"Cheryl, where are you going?" Toni asked again.

"Toni, leave her be. She is going to the administration to pay." Veronica butted in.

Toni smiled. "It's already taken care off."

"What do you mean?" Cheryl asked softly. Did she really pay for everything?

"I paid last night before we headed back home. Don't bother going." The short brunette said softly. "Now let's go to Jacobs room so we can take him back to the house," She continued as she ushered the women into the room.

It was around seven PM when the four women including Jacob arrived at the mansion. Elissa and the ten-year-old went to their room as the trio was left alone. Cheryl sighed and turned to face her best friend. "Please Vee, would you sit with Elissa and help her understand what she has to do? And maybe help her these coming days just till she learns what she needs to do."

The nurse nodded, "As soon as Jacob heads to bed, I will talk to her." She then looked at the two of them. "Do you want to have dinner now?"

The redhead shook her head. "I'm heading to bed. Goodnight." She said as she took one last glance at Toni and left.

The brunette kept her eyes on the redhead as she took the stairs to the front door. "Do you want to go out for dinner Toni?" Vee asked sweetly.

The short brunette looked at the nurse and gave her a sad smile. "I am really tired, I need to wake up early tomorrow." Besides, Cheryl isn't going to be with us. She thought as she cleared her throat. "Goodnight Veronica."

"Goodnight Toni." The nurse said with a sigh as she watched Toni leave. She then made her way to Cheryl's room to check on her, she entered and found that her best friend was taking her medicine. "I thought you are going to sleep."

The redhead nodded. "I will go to sleep, I just wanted to take a shower first."

"Now? I thought it was an excuse so that you wouldn't sit with us." The redhead sighed and said nothing. "Cheryl, There's something you need to know." She said as she took a deep breath. "I like her." She said looking at the redhead.

Cheryl's heart sank, her eyes went wide and there was a lump in her throat. She shook her head and cleared her throat. "You like who?" She asked not believing her ears.

"Toni." The nurse simply said.

"W-What?" Cheryl asked in a low voice, feeling her heart getting shattered. Could Toni possibly feel the same way?

"I like her," She repeated.

"What do you mean you like her?"

"I mean that I have strong feelings towards her. What's wrong with you, why are you so shocked?"

"N-Nothing."

"I know that Toni is Larry's niece, and I know what Larry did to you. But Toni isn't like Larry."

Of course, she isn't like Larry. Cheryl thought as she nodded. "I know." She said in a soft voice.

"S-So you aren't mad at me?" The nurse asked hesitantly.

I'm jealous, not mad. She thought to herself as she plastered a fake smile. "No, I am not mad."

"I know you warned me, but it wasn't in my control, my feelings are growing fast for her." When she saw the redhead nod she continued. "I was afraid to tell you how I felt." She said as she exhaled in relief. "I didn't know how you'd react."

Keeping that fake smile on her lips, Cheryl nodded. "It's fine." She said simply.

"I feel so much better, goodnight Cher," The nurse said as she turned her back to the redhead and left the bedroom.

Cheryl sat on the bed as tears started to well up in her eyes. She was falling for Toni, and she was falling hard, but now she has to back away because the nurse has declared her feelings about the brunette. I don't think I can stay away from Toni. I'm sure that she will be in the office and she will bug me all day. She then smiled at the thought of her and Toni annoying each other, but that smile faded away as Veronica's voice rang in her brain.

I like her.

Toni.

She closed her eyes and bowed her head as she cried her feelings out. My heart hurts... why did she make me feel like this? I was fine before she came into my life. She isn't like Larry, she's better. She said to herself as she buried her face in one of her pillows and continued to sob. She'll never be mine. My best friend wants her...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.3K 1.3K 20
Toni is hbic, serpents rule Riverdale High and she has everything anyone could ever want besides the whole love life thing but who needs that? Cheryl...
87.6K 2.6K 19
Cheryl blossom was the gangster on the south side she rolled with the serpents as there queen and also led the southside bandits everyone knew she w...
32.6K 752 17
𝗖𝗵𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗹 𝗕𝗹𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗼𝗺, the most popular and mean girl. She has a brother, twin actually. She is a lesbian but she never lets herself fall for s...
4K 133 16
#1 in toni #19 in supportive #2 in cheryl #5 in tonitopaz #7 in cherylblossom #57 in choni #49 topaz #102 in blossom Toni comes back to Riverdale aft...