We, the Dreamers: A RWBY x Wa...

By After_Hours_Writer

In the furthest depths of the void, a new solar system was discovered. A system of planets, unknown to any fo... More

Chapter One: I Mean You no Harm
Chapter Two: An Invitation
Chapter Three: The Ride There
Chapter Four: Meeting the Ice Queen
Chapter Five: Initiation Preparation
Chapter Six: Partners
Chapter Seven: Stress
Chapter Eight: New Roommates
Chapter Nine: The First Day
Chapter Ten: Sparring
Chapter Eleven: Lesson Learned
Chapter Twelve: Conspiracy
Chapter Thirteen: Revelation
Chapter Fourteen: Jaunedice
Chapter Fifteen: Jealousy
Chapter Sixteen: Forever Falls
Author's Note: Quite A Dilemma
Chapter Seventeen: Rememberence
Chapter Eighteen: Tending Wounds
Chapter Nineteen: The Stray
Chapter Twenty: Chaos
Chapter Twenty-One: The Beach
Chapter Twenty-Two: Board Games & Investigation
Chapter Twenty-Three: Quality Time
Chapter Twenty-Four: Distress Call
Chapter Twenty-Five: Intimacy
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Orokin's Ball
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Tiny Kubrow
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Hunt
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Search and Destroy
Chapter Thirty: Vytal Festival
Chapter Thirty-One: A "Gift" From the Void
Chapter Thirty-Two: A Gruesome Finale
Chapter Thirty-Three: The Dreamer's Greatest Nightmare
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Inevitable
Volume II Preview: Defy our Destiny
Volume II / Chapter One: Natah
Volume II / Chapter Two: Prison Break
Volume II / Chapter Three: Coming Home
Volume II / Chapter Four: Reclamation of Vale
Volume II / Chapter Six: Patch
Volume II / Chapter Seven: Formalities
Volume II / Chapter Eight: Stolen Army
Volume II / Chapter Nine: Hostage
Volume II / Chapter Ten: Love United
Volume II / Chapter Eleven: The Calm Before The Storm
Volume II / Chapter Twelve: The Storm After The Calm

Volume II / Chapter Five: War on the Grineer

1.3K 35 28
By After_Hours_Writer

Remnants of Vale...
3rd Person POV

Grineer Lancer: Tenno sk-!

*SSCCCCHHHIIINNNNGG!*

Bringing the Paracesis down upon the first Grineer Lancer, the Tenno ignited a full scale war between himself and the Grineer on Remnant as the blade sliced through flesh and ferrite armor with ease. As he landed onto the shattered streets, the Tenno spun himself around with the greatsword out in front, slicing the Lancers and Scorpions near him in half whilst absorbing the other's gunfire.

With some room, the Tenno charged forward through the marching army, ramming the majority of them with his shoulders in an explosive manner. Reaching the end of the first street, the Tenno turned himself around to find many of them killed by the impact of the environment rather than the initial explosive. One Lancer's head went through a brick wall; Another's heart was pierced by splintering wood; Even one unfortunate clone died with his head stuck in a bent trash can. But as he glimpsed the deaths of many, the same amount appeared from the corner of the streets to open fire. Lex's out, the Tenno returned fire as well; His high caliber bullets piercing through the ferrite armor of several while theirs were absorbed by his Iron Skin.

Vay Hek: DEATH! DEATH! DEATH! DEATH! DEATH TO THE TENNO!

Having to reload, the Tenno put aside his sidearms as a Scorpion charged towards him with a heated cleaver in hand. Grabbing the Scorpion's wrist, the Tenno detached it before slicing it's head off with its own weapon. In doing so, the Tenno threw the cleaver towards a Lancer like a knife, hitting the dome of its helmet with the handle, causing it to drop the Grakata in its hands. As it dropped the weapon, the Tenno slid underneath the Lancer whilst catching it. Upon standing back up, the Tenno released a small barrage of bullets into the Lancer's skull before turning around and firing more bullets into the crowded streets.

Emptying the clip, the Tenno tossed aside the Grakata as a small hook was latched onto his left wrist.

Ryoma: ?

Vay Hek: DINNER TIME, GHOULS!

Pulling against the hook, the Tenno released a Ghoul Devourer from the ground towards him; It's single, glimmering red eye aimed straight at him as he gripped his blade from the back.

Vay Hek: YOU'RE HAVING MAGGOT!

As the Ghoul closed the gap, the Tenno swung his blade down onto the monstrosity, tearing through infected flesh and steel before leaving a small crack on the street tarmac with a loud thud.

Vay Hek: THAT! WAS MY! FAVORITE!

Feeling vibrations from beneath him, the Tenno vaulted back as a Ghoul Auger rose up from the ground; It's drills for hands digging through both dirt and tarmac. As the Ghoul rose, a fountain of flame spewed from the tips of the drill, burning the Tenno a bit as he vaulted out of it's range.

Ryoma: These stupid things...

Ghoul: BLARGH-KLARGHTGC!
[Incoherent Ghoul noises]

Hearing the incoherent rambling of a Ghoul behind him, the Tenno turned around as a zombie-like figure stood before him; His body, strapped with a plethora of bombs.

Grabbing the Ghoul Expired as the bombs ticked, the Tenno threw it into the Ghoul Auger, killing both of them as the flames ignited the explosives early. In reloading both Lexs, the Tenno though to himself.

Ryoma: Ain't I forgetting one?

Looking around him, he saw only corpses.

Ryoma: Probably no-.

Ghoul Rictus: RRRIDT-!

*POW!*

Turning and shooting the Ghoul Rictus before it could react, the Tenno continued thinking to himself.

Ryoma: That answered it.

*RA-TATATA! RA-TATATATATA!*

Ryoma: Hmm?

Hearing gunfire inch closer to him from above, the Tenno rolled aside as a small squad of Dragyns flew passed him in an attempt to perform fly-by's with machine gunfire.

Ryoma: Hnngh....

Lancer: Tenno skoom!

Hearing the footsteps of another Grineer platoon behind him, the Tenno wasted no time in leaving them behind, vaulting in between the walls of two close by buildings to reach the rooftops. As he vaulted onto the rooftops, he continued to think.

Ryoma: Vay Hek is the priority at the moment.

*RA-TATATATA!*

Ryoma: The rest... they'll get their dues.

Leaping up as the Dragyn passed by again, the Tenno grabbed ahold of the bottom of the miniature battle vehicle. Climbing up it, he tossed aside the pilot that controlled it before proceeding to take over himself. In taking over, the Tenno lifted up onto the Dragyn's steering sticks, driving it towards Beacon Academy as the others followed.

Vay Hek: YOU INCOMPETENT....MEATSACKS!

With one hand on the controls and the other on a Lex, the Tenno looked back and fired at the other Dragyns behind, destroying two of them before needing to reload.

Vay Hek: YOU CANT KILL ONE...MEASLY....MAGGOT!?

Turning back, the Tenno let go of the controls, letting the Dragyn fly itself as it flew above the docks of Beacon Academy. As the last Dragyn fired its machine guns at him, the Tenno kept forward as his vehicle erupted into flames. As the flaming vehicle dove straight to the ground, exploding upon impact, the Tenno reached back for his sword as he collided with the Dragyn chasing him, giving it a clean slice as he passed by.

*SSSCCCHHH-!*
*BOOOOM!*

Gliding past, the Tenno looked down at the docks, noticing a very familiar maching waiting for him: The very same stolen Bursa that paralyzed him the last time. In seeing it, the Tenno quickly reached for the experimental micro missile launcher that was Acceltra and opened fire without a second thought, decimating the machine as he landed on top of it. The stolen tech now nothing more than fried circuitry and steel frames.

As the Tenno landed on the docks, reloading his new weapon, a few Grineer Eximuses emerged from the Academy entrance before Vay Hek himself abruptly smacked them aside into walls, enraged by the Tenno's presence; His rotting head residing inside his newest mech.

Vay Hek: MUST I DO EVERYTHING MYSELF!?

Ryoma: Another toy, I take it?

Kicking the remains of the Bursa aside, the Tenno began walking towards the Counsilor as a light blue aura encircled him, charged by a series of dust crystals.

Ryoma: A nullifier bubble?

Vay Hek: COME, MAGGOT...!

As the Grineer councilor charged towards the Tenno, thrusters at full power and miniguns undernath the front of his hull rotating, his shield dissipated, prompting the Tenno to charge as well.

Vay Hek: I'LL PERSONALLY THROW YOU INTO THE SUN!

Firing the dual miniguns, Vay Hek slowed himself down as he aimed them at the Tenno, crushing the pavement below him. Bobbing and weaving, the Tenno dodged as many bullets as he could, absorbing a few as he unsheathed and swung his blade onto the ground. Using the momentum of his swing, the Tenno launched himself with the sword in hand, spinning himself towards the counsilor like a saw as the Grineer came to a complete stop. In stopping, the mech's shield deployed as the Tenno smashed his blade against it, bouncing off it as the councilor laughed.

Ryoma: Dammit!

Vay Hek: HAAA-HAHAHA!

Vaulting off the shield, the Tenno landed on the ground in front of the mech as the councilor armed the missile launchers mounted on his back. In firing the missiles, the shield dissipated once more, returning once the missiles passed through, tracking the Tenno as he proceeded to dash away.

Rolling aside to dodge the missiles, the Tenno took cover behind part of a statue of a huntsman. When the missiles hit the statue, the Tenno was knocked down, losing the last of his iron skin.

Ryoma: That damn shield...

Looking back at the councilor, the mech was moving once more towards him, its shield gone. Getting up, the Tenno opened fire upon the mech with a barrage of rockets from Acceltra, causing it to stop itself to deploy its shield.

Vay Hek: FOOLISH MEATSACK!

Ryoma: !

Vay Hek: YOU CANNOT STOP GRINEER ENGINEERING!

Ryoma: I see...

Aiming what looked to be a flak cannon mounted to the mech's right arm, the Tenno continued to think to himself as he rolled away from it, sprinting towards the academy.

Ryoma: He cannot use his shield while performing another action, whether its firing a gun or moving his fat self.

As the Tenno ran inside, the councilor followed, bashing through the walls of the ruined academy with no remorse.

Ryoma: I'll have to surprise the bastard.

Stumbling upon the elevator shaft that once lead to Ozpin's office, the Tenno leapt inside and began climbing upward. As he did so, Vay Hek plowed through the bottom of the elevator shaft, looking up in frustration as his guns could not fire directly upward.

Vay Hek: HNNNRGH! QUIT SQUIRMING, TENNO SCUM!

Enraged, the councilor launched his mech upwards, using his thrusters like a rocket as the outer section of his mech tore through the walls of the elevator shaft. At full power, the mech ran into the Tenno at full speed before plowing through the ceiling of the Academy. In seeing the Tenno atop of him, the councilor laughed maniacally as he began to shut down the thrusters.

Vay Hek: A HOOD ORNAMENT FOR MY BEAUTIFUL CREATION! AAAAHHHH-HAHAHAHA-!

Vay Hek: !?

Upon reaching the apex of their trajectory, the Tenno pushed himself out of his Warframe onto the back of the mech, where the dust crystals that powered his shield lied. A single Lex pistol in his free hand, he simultaneously fired a single bullet into the crystals whilst transferring back into his Warframe to protect  himself from the rainbow-like explosion it would inevitably create.

*B-B-B-B-B-BOOOOOOOOM!*

Vay Hek: NOOOOOOOOO!

Jumping off from the mech, the Tenno glided downward as he fired off a barrage of missiles from Acceltra at the wounded mech that was tumbling towards the ground, each one punching through its alloy armor.

Vay Hek: YOU BAAAAASTAAAAARD!

*BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!*

*Thud!*

Landing on both feet, the Tenno created a small shockwave as his feet planted his feet on the cracked concrete beneath him. Up ahead, the ruins of Vay Hek's mech burned as the Tenno took a deep breath of relief. But after doing so, the mangled lump of metal and flesh that was Vay Hek ejected himself from the burning mech, floating away from the Tenno with an expression of pain and utter rage.

Vay Hek: YOU... HAVE NOT WON, TENNO!

Ryoma: This clown....

Sprinting towards Vay Hek, the Tenno kept towards him with his blade raised as the Grineer yelled.

Vay Hek: PEACE WILL NEVER BE AN OPTION! MY BROTHERS WILL RI-!

*SSSSSSCCCCHHHHIIIINNNGGG!*

Vay Hek: !

Slicing through the concoction of steel and flesh, the Tenno landed past the Grineer councilor, submerged in a mixture of kuva and blood as the two piece landed beside him. Wiping away the mess from both his Warframe and his blade, the Tenno approached the cliffside that led into the city. There, a thousand more Grineer soldiers stood beneath him in the city, their guns aimed in his direction as he looked down into the city, a devilish smirk forming from a rush of adrenaline.

Ryoma: ......Who's next?

Grineer Lancer: TENNO SKOOM!

Grineer Heavy Gunner: TENNO SK-!

*SSSCCCHHHIIINNNGGG!*

A Few Hours Later...

Nora: Is it just me, or is there a lack of those... aliens?

Jaune: I noticed that too. Still... keep an eye out for those.... those things.

Ren: Grineer.

Jaune: Yeah, that.

Jaune Arc, alongside his teammates Nora Valkyrie, and Lie Ren, entered the ruins of Vale to inspect the source of the rampant explosions going on in the city. From the broken streets, they took a glimpse of the Grineer Galleon that lied in ruins in the middle of the city, all three expressing their awe at the sight.

Jaune: For such a ship to crash into the city... Who knows how many were in it.

Ren: Who knows what the death toll is from these beings...

Nora: .....

Grineer Lancer: TENN-!

*POW!*

Hearing the sound of gunfire, the three looked around before Nora pointed out a bare bones spot in between the two pieces of wreckage.

Nora: There!

The three looked on, witnessing a rather odd sight: A creature of infested flesh and Orokin steel sitting atop a large pile of Grineer bodies. A colossal greatsword sitting atop its shoulders and a smoking pistol in its left hand, it remained motionless.

Ren: !?

Jaune: What the-!?

Ryoma: Hmm?

Looking at the source of the voice, the Tenno's eyes met with Jaune's causing him to take a step back.

Jaune: !

To the Tenno, they were old friends, but to the others, he was nothing more than a creature from the void. As he stood up from the pile, the others began to arm themselves.

Nora: Ren.... what.... is that?

Ren: I.... We may have a fight on our hands.

Ryoma: No, you don't.

Ren: !?

Nora: !?

Jaune: !?

Jumping down from the pile in front of them, he continued.

Ryoma: Ren... Nora.... Jaune.

Ren: !?!?

Nora: !?!?

Jaune: !?!?

As the three stood in utter confusion, their expressions would change to complete shock and horror as the Tenno ejected himself from his Warframe, revealing his tortured, bloody self to them; His bloodshot eyes meeting with theirs as he gave a small, worrisome smile.

Ryoma: It's good to see you.... old friends.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39 1 8
The story of a Grineer Shield Lancer and his choice of following or disobeying an order given by the queens. (based during the war within quest, so s...
6.1K 123 20
set 4 years after Gwen 10 classic. since the ending of Gwen 10 classic gwen has taken off the omnitrix, and has returned to a normal life. However wh...
4.4K 116 79
After transformers prime megaton goes into exsyal but on his way he start to fall into a black hole witch send him to another dimension Where he's hu...
45.7K 873 54
REMAKE IN PROGRESS! When one of the last known active tenno in the origin system tries to escape the brewing conflict between grineer and the corpus...