Lover • Klaus Mikaelson

By LaurenG185

Ameliana Moretti was not an ordinary girl. She was the only person that Niklaus Mikaelson truly trusted. Unfo... More

Cast
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
A/N
Forty Three
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter ~ 1
A/N
Bonus Chapter ~ 2

Twelve

20.5K 386 152
By LaurenG185

3rd person POV:

Amelia was in her hotel room getting ready for the gala, when she checked her phone. She groaned when she saw that she had 103 texts from Rebekah. All of them having to do with how excited she was for the party. Amelia threw her phone on her bed and started getting ready. her nails were already painted white, as she had gotten them done earlier in the day. She pulled her green dress from the wardrobe and laid it out flat on the bed. She put her shoes and accessories next to it. She then went into the bathroom and began to do her hair and makeup. She curled her brown hair, and twisted the front two portions to the back of her head, tying them together. She then proceeded to do a golden smokey eye and applied a nude lipstick. When she was satisfied she went back out into her bedroom and slipped into her dress. She paired the golden shoes with a gold babylonian persian coin pendant that Rebekah had given to her as a birthday present, when they were human.

When she was finished she admired herself in the mirror. She smiled when she saw her reflection. In her opinion she looked absolutely stunning. She checked the time on her phone and grinned when she saw that she was late.

"Fashionably late. Exactly how I like it," She murmured to herself. She grabbed a metallic golden handbag that matched her shoes and threw in her lipstick, mascara, phone, and chapstick. Once she was sure that she had everything that she needed, she left her room and made her way to the gala

***

Rebekah and Klaus enter the party, arm in arm, taking in the dark, wild atmosphere. Klaus is wearing a black suit with a black dress shirt and tie, and Rebekah is dressed in a matching black, peplum, cocktail dress and a hairpiece with black feathers and beads. Acrobats perform, dancers handle exotic animals, and confetti falls glittering upon the party guests

"Well, this certainly is a fitting backdrop for tonight's events, I must say," Klaus comments. Rebekah and Klaus spot Cami as she enters the party, wearing white angel's wings and a vintage white beaded dress. Rebekah looks pleased, but Klaus' smile falls. "What's she doing here?"

"What better way to distract Marcel than to put his very human new girl in a room chock full of vampires?" Klaus seems very unhappy with this decision on Rebekah's part as she crosses the courtyard to greet Cami. Klaus sighs and follows behind her.

"Hello, darling. You look precious," Rebekah compliments the blonde. Marcel notices Cami's arrival from a balcony above and frowns.

"This party is ridiculous, but I think I went a bit splashy with this dress," Cami says self consciously. Cami makes eye contact with Klaus and nods at him in acknowledgment as he joins them before she before turning back to Rebekah. "Is he the infamous on-again/off-again?

"He's the brother, actually, and my sister is right. You do look stunning," Klaus commented, agreeing with his sister.

"You clean up pretty well yourself," Cami complimented

"Well, don't be fooled, love. I'm the devil in disguise," Klaus tells her, a smug smile on his face.

"You two chit-chat. I need booze," Rebekah tells them. Rebekah heads to the bar, leaving Klaus and Cami alone.

"Shall we?" Klaus asks the blonde human.

"Okay," Cami complies. Klaus offers her his arm and Cami takes it. Rebekah approaches the bar and addresses the bartender.

"Scotch, please," Rebekah orders. Marcel spots Rebekah and joins her at the bar, and Rebekah sighs at the sight of him.

"You trying to be cute, inviting her here?" Marcel asks, unimpressed.

"I think she's darling. I can tell you fancy her pure heart. Perhaps I'll feed it to you?" Rebekah threatens.

"Hmm. Jealousy looks good on you, Bekah," Marcel teases slyly. Across the courtyard, Cami and Klaus talk while Cami subtly watches Rebekah with Marcel at the bar.

"The guy of hers Rebekah was talking about... I'm sensing that would be Marcel," Cami observes.

I wouldn't worry about it. Ancient history.

"I'm beginning to think your sister is a bit of a bitch," Cami admits

"It's as though she invented the term!" Klaus says, laughing heartily. Cami gazes at Klaus; he seems drawn in for a moment but catches himself when he realizes that the entire room had gone silent. Both of them quickly look away and were nervous to see what the cause of the silence was. Klaus looked over towards Marcel, and his sister. When he sees that their eyes are not on him, he turns to see what had happened.

The hybrid was stunned when he saw Amelia making her way into the room. She was drop dead, gorgeous. Her green dress made her blue eyes pop, and her skin look flawless. Klaus appreciated the intricacy of her dress, the lace detailing on the top and how it was extended downwards in some of the folds of her dress. It was modern but elegant. Her hair was elegantly curled and pulled back, and her makeup was flawless. She wore gold heels and a simple golden pendant, which Klaus found very familiar. She carried a golden handbag, all while looking, confident and regal under everyone's stares.

"Well don't stop on my account," Amelia playfully scolded the room. Everyone snapped out of their daze when she said this, continuing with the party. Everyone except for Klaus. He was too focused on the necklace that adorned Amelia's neck. It was so familiar but he could not figure out where he had seen it before. Amelia makes her way over to Rebekah once everyone goes back to their own lives.

"Lia, you look stunning," Rebekah tells her friend. "Nik is not going to know what to do with himself."

"I don't really care what Nik, does or does not know at this point. Only that he doesn't know who I really am," Amelia informed her friend. Rebekah nodded and took in her friend's appearance again. She stopped when she saw the necklace that she was wearing.

"You're wearing the necklace I gave you?" Rebekah asked. "Don't you think he'll recognize it?"

"Why would he recognize it, you were the one who gave it to me," Amelia admitted. "Plus, I love this necklace."

"It looks amazing on you," Rebekah agrees. Klaus was still standing with Cami when he spots Marcel getting ready to approach them.

"Pardon me for a moment," Klaus says, and he makes his way towards his sister and Amelia. Marcel makes his way over and greats Cami.

"Cami," Marcel greets the blonde. Marcel had to admit that she looked good. Maybe almost as good as Amelia.

"Hey! Killer party," Cami said trying to make small talk.

"Oh, it's more of a work thing. I would've invited you—" Marcel began to explain.

"Oh, no. We've been on one date. No explanation necessary. You do your thing, I'll entertain myself," Cami says, cutting him off.

"What, leave you alone, looking the way you do? Hell with that," Marcel says smiling.

***

Hayley walks around the pool outside. She hears a twig snap nearby, then walks toward the sound to see a wolf staring at her. A voice behind her startles her and she whirls around.

"You're not supposed to be out here," a curly headed woman warns her.

"Who are you?" Hayley asks suspiciously.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I'm Sabine. We met. I'm one of Sophie's friends," the witch introduced herself.

"You're one of the witches," Hayley said in disdain.

"Sophie just asked me to come keep you company while everyone's out," Sabine said. She looks at the wolf curiously and gestures toward it, causing Hayley to glance back at the wolf. "You know, it's drawn to you. The child you're carrying is part vampire, part werewolf. You and Klaus made something special."

"You sound like Elijah. He thinks this baby is going to make us one big, happy family, but now he's gone and I don't even know what... "it" is." Hayley said.

"You know, I can do something about that, if you want. I mean, find out if it's a boy or girl," Sabine offered.

"I thought you couldn't do witchy stuff around here," Hayley pointed out in confusion.

"It's not magic, just an old trick my grandmother taught me. Come on. You have to be a little curious."

***

Cami and Marcel dance while Rebekah and Klaus watch from afar. Amelia soon joins them after dancing with one of Marcel's vampires.

"My word, Lia. That's like the sixth guy that's asked you to dance. Are you regretting being the most beautiful one here?" Rebekah askes playfully. Both girls noticed Klaus tense at Amelia's nickname, and the gorgeous brunette smirks.

"No, actually I am thoroughly enjoying myself. And Beks, I'm always the most beautiful. People just don't realize it," Amelia responded jokingly. Rebekah shot her a look.

"Amelia, why don't you and I dance for a bit?" Klaus suggests holding a hand out to the brunette. Amelia smirks and takes his hand.

"Sure," Amelia agrees. Klaus leads her to the dance floor, just as a slow song comes on. Klaus smiles at her and grabs her waist and her hand. Everyone around them makes room as they twirled around the floor.

"You're quite good at traditional waltz, Amelia," Klaus compliments.

"Thank you, as are you," Amelia responds. She was finding it very hard from mentioning a memory from when they were human and would dance together.

"Where did you get that necklace?" Klaus askes out of the blue. Amelia's face never wavered but inside she was screaming, hoping that her identity wouldn't be revealed right then and there. She didn't think Klaus would recognize the necklace as it wasn't even from him, but apparently he paid more attention when they were human than she thought.

"It was a gift, given to me by my best friend. However, she died a long time ago," Amelia responded. Klaus nodded his head, but Amelia could tell that he was still curious.

"You look beautiful Amelia," Klaus tells her honestly. She meets his eyes and they stare at each other for a moment.

"Thank you. You look very handsome as well," Amelia said tearing her eyes away from his. Klaus smirked and looked away and admired how her dress flowed around her when she danced. The other guests had joined them and everyone was slowly coming to a stop with the music.

***

"I thought you said you were in community work," Cami told Marcel as they danced.

"Community fundraising. Throw a party, folks open their wallets. It's kind of my thing. Guess I'm what you call a necessary evil," Marcel jokes.

"And Rebekah, she's one of your donors?" Cami asked skeptically.

"She's an old friend," Marcel informed her with a tight smile.

"Can't be that old. She looks younger than me," Cami said incredulously.

"You'd be surprised. I was a kid when I met her," Marcel sighed. "Enough about her. I just want to be right here with you."

Across the courtyard, Klaus, Amelia, and Rebekah have their own conversation

"You really are a hideously evil little thing, aren't you?" Klaus asked his sister. Amelia smirked ad sipped on her champagne.

"Nonsense. They're perfect for each other! You wanted Marcel distracted? Voilà," Rebekah said proudly.

"You've done quite well Beks. Marcel will be thoroughly distracted." Amelia compliments. Diego enters the courtyard and sees Marcel dancing with Cami, their faces nearly touching each other. Diego looks anxious as he interrupts them and whispers in Marcel's ear.

"My cue to leave," Amelia told the two. She turned around and started to leave, the crowd parting for her. It was like she was queen, Amelia smirked at that thought. Diego seems to have explained to Marcel what Thierry did, because Marcel spots Thierry standing anxiously nearby and can barely contain his anger at the sight of him. He didn't notice the two female Originals making their exit.

"Excuse me," Marcel told Cami. Marcel walks over to Thierry and grabs him by the throat, pushing him away from the main party. Cami watches in concern from the dance floor. "What the hell did you do?" Diego sees Cami watching from below and intervenes in their confrontation.

"Whoa, not here. No, not here," Diego warns. Marcel sighs deeply and backs off. Klaus, who is watching the drama unfold, looks pleased, but Cami looks unsettled by this display of aggression

***

Katie and Sophie talk inside a candlelit mausoleum in preparation for their plan. Katie is sobbing, and though Sophie doesn't seem happy, she does comfort her in her own way

"I know you think he's a monster," Katie says, devastated.

"It doesn't matter what I think. Thierry killed another vampire. He broke Marcel's biggest rule. You'll never see him again... unless we do something," Sophie said.

"We?" Katie asked, confused.

"I want to save our people. You want to save Thierry? There's only one way we can do both," Sophie told her. A little while later, Katie and Sophie sit out in the cemetery, arranging items for a ritual. "You ready?" Katie begins by sprinkling sand over their table.

***

In Davina's attic room in St. Anne's Church, the whispering voices growing louder. Davina is in her bed and thrashes restlessly as she's disturbed by the sensation of their magic. After a moment, she jerks awake and sits up

"Marcel. Something's coming," Davina whispers. Davina rises from her bed and goes to her easel. She draws on the paper madly for several seconds as she gets flashes of visions of Katie performing spell. After a moment, she stops. "Magic."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

718K 14K 33
What if there what another person who knew the Mikaelson's before they got turned into Vampires. What if Niklaus had a best friend in the other world...
75.1K 2.7K 36
Aphrodite: the goddess of sexual love and beauty Loving someone for a thousand years, spending every waking hour with them and then losing them is an...
942 31 14
Faith Mikaelson has suffered through a lot with the loss of her mother, Hayley Marshall, and her father, Klaus Mikaelson. She has grieved and is stil...
48.2K 2.1K 48
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟. 𝐈𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭...