Lover • Klaus Mikaelson

By LaurenG185

Ameliana Moretti was not an ordinary girl. She was the only person that Niklaus Mikaelson truly trusted. Unfo... More

Cast
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
A/N
Forty Three
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter ~ 1
A/N
Bonus Chapter ~ 2

Ten

23.5K 407 122
By LaurenG185

3rd person POV:

"I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire!" Rebekah scolded her brother.

"Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my child!" Klaus said smirking.

"Oh, I am so moved by your new-found sense of fatherly duties towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven," Rebekah responded, rolling her eyes.

"The werewolf would like to know what the plan is," Hayley said, joining them in the foyer.

"Well, that depends what plan you mean, love-- my plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?" Klaus said sarcastically. Rebekah takes a pencil from the desk beside her and throws it in Klaus' direction. Klaus catches it easily before it can embed itself in his face.

"The plan to rescue Elijah. You know, the good brother? The one who is now in the possession of your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back?" Hayley reminded the hybrid. 

"In the front, if we're being specific," Klaus points out. 

"You two said that you would get him back. So is there a plan, or what?" Hayley asked impatiently.

"Okay. Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy-- he's my friend. Albeit one who is unaware that I'm trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter, but a friend nonetheless. And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly--" He turns to Rebekah and gestures for her to speak "-- Sister, please."

"And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back," Rebekah said nonchalantly.

"That's... that's not the whole plan, is it?" Hayley asks incredulously.

"Please! Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical," Rebekah said giving Klaus a look. 

"And that's only the Plan A, love! There's always a Plan B," Klaus said smiling deviously.

"And what's Plan B?" Hayley asked almost nervously.

"War."

***

In the compound, Marcel is being fitted for a suit by a tailor while Thierry, who is sitting nearby, talks to him

"Damn, I do look good in a suit," Marcel said, admiring himself in a mirror. 

Thierry chuckles, then turns back to the television, where photos of Tina McGreevy and Joshua Rosza, the tourists that Klaus killed after they had ingested vampire blood at Marcel's party, flash on the screen

"My guy at the docks is gonna come forward as an eyewitness, say he saw those two drunkenly fall into the Mississippi. They'll be dredging for weeks. No one will come looking around here," Thierry reassures Marcel. 

"That's good, considering one's dead in a dumpster behind the county morgue, and the other one is a vampire now. Anything else?" Marcel asked. The tailor accidentally pricks her finger on a pin as she hems Marcel's pants

"Ow!" The tailor cries.

"Allow me, darling," Marcel says. Marcel kneels down and reaches for her hand before gently sucking the drop of blood off her finger. Thierry, looking anxious, begins to speak.

"One thing-- I sent four nightwalkers to look into a werewolf sighting in the Quarter. I haven't heard from them since," Thierry informs Marcel.

"That makes ten dead nightwalkers in the last week. You think the werewolves are back in town trying to start some trouble?" Marcel asks his most trusted friend. 

"Look, I know you and Klaus are friends, but the fact is, since the Originals showed up—" Thierry begins hesitantly. Before Thierry can continue, Klaus arrives and enters the room.

"Oh, come now, Thierry. You're not still upset about that little, toxic werewolf bite I gave you, are you? I thought we were at bygones," Klaus said acting offended.

"I see you've given him free rein of your compound now, too," Thierry tells Marcel in annoyance.

"Yes. Well, seeing as my family and I lived here-- built the place, in fact—-" Klaus begins. 

"All right. Come on. You both know the drill. Thierry's my guy, inner circle. Klaus is my old-time friend and sire. He's also a guest here. Peace, all right? All right," He turns to Klaus. "What you need, my brother?"

"I'm afraid my sister Rebekah is insisting I demand Elijah's return. She's quite worked up about it," Klaus says, trying to pass the blame off onto his sister. 

"I'll say," Marcel responds.

"We're not gonna have three Originals walking around town, are we? Half our guys think the sister killed the nightwalkers," Thierry says scoffing.

"Is that an accusation against an Original?" Klaus asks coldly.

"Eh," Thierry responds. Klaus gets ready to lunge at Thierry, who looks to be ready for a confrontation, but Marcel intervenes before they can be violent.

"What did I say about peace?" He turns to Klaus. "Come on. Walk with me." Klaus smiles smugly at Thierry as Marcel steers him out of the room and onto the balcony overlooking the courtyard.

"Your inner circle man lacks a sense of humor," Klaus informed Marcel.

"He's a little overprotective, but loyal to a fault. I saved his life back in the '40s, found him dying of a war wound outside a hospital. He'd kill for me and die for me. Plus, that boy can play the trumpet like you would not believe. Maybe I'll see if he can play a little tonight at the party. You're coming, right?" Marcel asks.

"How can I miss my chance to meet the city councilman as he accepts your gigantic charitable donation?" Klaus says jokingly.

"Oh, he's a schmuck, but he lets us do our thing in exchange for certain community services, like keeping our fangs out of the locals." Marcel says laughing. He then hesitates for a moment. "Listen, about your brother... I would love to help you out, but Thierry is right. My guys are on edge. They see the Original family moving in, vampires dying? It makes them nervous. If I hand Elijah back now, it might give the wrong impression about who's really in charge here. You know what I mean?" Klaus is clearly angered by this response, but he maintains his poker face and plays it cool.

"You understand-- I had to ask," Klaus responds. 

***

Rebekah walks through the Quarter as she calls Klaus on her cell phone. 

"Niklaus, for the love of Mary Magdalene, how long does it take to ask a simple question?" Rebekah asked impatiently.

"Much longer than you'd think, considering the answer was, as expected, 'No.' Marcel's man, Thierry, is suspicious. He thinks you killed ten nightwalkers," Klaus says, again blaming his sister.

"Well, that's a lie! I only killed seven. Should I make Thierry the eighth?" Rebekah asked feigning offense.

"Marcel is playing friendly. We can't kill the favorite son, or he'll catch onto us," Klaus warned Rebekah.

"So, war it is, then," Rebekah stated a bit excited. 

"Indeed. Do you know what to do with the witch?" Klaus asked.

"I believe I do," Rebekah said smiling. 

"Good. You manage Sophie Deveraux. I'll take care of the next step," Klaus commands and then hangs up. He turns to the newbie vampire, Joshua, who had been minding his vampire hostage, Max.

"I ordered you to drain him of blood. What's taking so long?" Klaus asked.

"Sorry. I'm not, like, medieval-torture-expert-guy," Josh says anxiously. Klaus sighs and grabs a pitchfork before he impales Max with it. "What did he do to you, anyway?"

"It's not about what he did. It's about what he's going to do when we're done here, which is whatever I want him to, just like you. For example-- "He stares Josh in the eyes and compels him, "-- drive this through his torso. Klaus, having removed the pitchfork from the vampire, compels Joshua and hands the weapon to him. Joshua immediately obeys, though he looks horrified as he does so.

"That is crazy. I didn't want to do it, but I did it anyway," Josh said, too many emotions running through his head to actually feel anything. 

"It's called mind compulsion. Vampires can compel humans. Originals, like my siblings and I, can also compel vampires, and no one can compel Originals. You following?" Klaus asked. Josh nods, looking frightened. "Good. That is how a brand-new nightwalker such as yourself is here doing my bidding with no one the wiser," Klaus said smugly.

"But I never had my guts drained out of me," Josh recalled in confusion. 

"Yes. That, young Joshua, is because I got to you before you had even a drop of herbal vervain in your system. You see, it prevents compulsion. Marcel has had his whole crew taking it since I returned to town, and that is why our friend here needs to be bled dry of it, so I can compel him to follow my every command. And with my brother currently in captivity awaiting rescue, we can't afford to be gentle about it, can we?" 

Klaus takes back the pitchfork and runs it through Max's abdomen before twisting it roughly

***

Rebekah and Amelia wait outside the shop and turns to greet Sophie, who is approaching them from down the street.

"Oh, so glad you could make it. Elijah only lies daggered and rotting whilst you dilly-dally," Amelia says sarcastically. 

"You two are lucky I came at all. What do you want?" Sophie inquired.

"Hayley was attacked last night by Marcel's crew because somebody  told him there was a werewolf in the Quarter. She only made one stop. Whoever saw her here ratted her out. Watch and learn," Rebekah commanded. Rebekah turns and walks into the shop, and Sophie follows her in. Inside the shop, Katie emerges from a back room with a box, and smiles when she sees Sophie.

"Hey, Soph." Karie says.

"Hey, Katie," Sophie says. She avoids saying too much aware that Katie was about to get into some trouble. Katie sees Rebekah touching a necklace hanging from a stand, and shows no sign of recognition toward her.

"That's filled with marigold-— great for attracting the opposite sex. It would look awesome on you!" Katie tells Rebekah.

"I very seriously doubt that. Do you have any others, one with, say, I don't know.... wolfsbane, perhaps?" Rebekah asks smugly.

"Wolfsbane? Why would you want that?" Katie asked in confusion. Amelia vamp-speeds toward Katie, and holds her off the ground in a choke-hold, before Rebekah could do anything. 

"Please do not play dumb with us," Amelia demands. Amelia picks her up and slams her flat onto her back on a table.

"Amelia!" Sophie cries in horror. 

"I just sold a werewolf some herbs. That's all," Katie answered.

"Are you lying to me, Katie? I suggest you answer my question honestly," Amelia threatened. Rebekah stands to the side with a smug smile on her face. She was highly surprised with the amount Amelia had changed and she was surprised that she even was able to act threatening.

Flashback

Oh come on Ameliana! It's simply a stink bug," Rebekah said urging her friend to step on the bug that she was so afraid of. 

"No Rebekah, I cannot. I would be harming it and that's something I'm not willing to do, please just kill it for me. I will look away," The redhead begged. Rebekah rolled her eyes at her friends innocence. 

"Lia, you are ridiculous," Rebekah responded and then walked over and squished the bug for her friend. 

Present

"Sophie—" Katie begs, as she's choking and coughing under Amelia's grip. Rebekah is pulled out of her flashback. 

"Just answer the question, Katie. Please," Sophie says, sighing uncomfortably. 

"Yes. I told someone, but you don't understand. I—I love him," Katie said giving in with a sigh. Amelia violently throws Katie down onto the floor and holds the heel of her stiletto dangerously close to her throat.

"And tell me, who is this vampire Romeo of yours? Shall I count to three?" Amelia threatens. 

***

Klaus and Josh are still in the cellar, where Klaus pulls the pitchfork out of Max's abdomen and hands it to Josh

"Be quick about it. I have an army to build, and one compelled minion does not make an army," Klaus commanded Josh. Klaus answers his phone, which has been buzzing. "Well?"

"You were right about the traitor. Luckily, she's just a kid and she doesn't know anything about us and what we're up to. Do you want to hear the part that's gonna please you the most?" Rebekah asked.  She quickly puts her phone on speaker and pulls Amelia into a small alley. 

"Oh, do tell!" Klaus says eagerly.

"She's in love with someone in Marcel's inner circle. Guess who it is?" Amelia informs him. 

"Right-hand-man type, favors silly caps?" Klaus asked, the smile evident through the phone. 

"Two points for you. Thierry is fraternizing with the enemy," Rebekah said in mock disappointment. 

"Well, that means he just unwittingly became the key to our entire plan," Klaus said deviously. 

"I told you you'd be pleased," Rebekah bragged.

"Oh, to be young and in love in a city where witches and vampires are at war. How very tragic," Klaus replied sarcastically. Klaus hangs up and Rebekah and Amelia make their way back to mansion. 

"So, that was some threatening you did back there," Rebekah pointed out.

"Mhmm," Amelia replied.

"Lia, what happened? You would have never done that a thousand years ago. Hell, you couldn't even kill a bug!" Rebekah exclaimed.

"Rebekah, that was a thousand years ago. A lot has changed," Amelia reminded her friend. 

"Right, whatever you say, but we are not done with this conversation," Rebekah informed her. Amelia just nodded and kept walking. "Are you coming to the party tonight?" 

"Of course I am, why wouldn't I?" Amelia asked.

"Well, because I feeling that you've been spending more time with me than with Hayley," Rebekah admitted.

"Oh Beks. Most of the time when you and Klaus are out trying to save Elijah and take over the world, Hayley and I are spending quality time gossiping about my old life," Amelia assured her. "Don't worry, Hayley actually told me that I didn't have a choice, and that I was going to the party no buts about it. Said she wanted to night to herself for once." 

"Ah, a woman who knows what she wants and how to make it happen. We need more of those in the world. I can only think of three," Rebekah said. 

"Oh really, who?" Amelia asked. 

"Hayley, you, and me," Rebekah declared. 

"Sounds about right," the brunette agreed.

"So are you going as a redhead or as a brunette?" Rebekah asked.

"Rebekah Mikaelson, that shouldn't even be a question asked," Amelia scolded.

"So red then?" Rebekah asked jokingly. 

"No definitely not as a redhead. Do you know how bad of a party that would turn into? 'Oh hey Klaus, it's me your dead lover from a thousand years ago. Remember when you killed me? Yeah turns out I was just transitioning. Don't worry. I've actually been here for awhile now,'" Amelia said sarcastically. 

"Oh come on, it wouldn't be that bad," Rebekah insisted.

"Beks, I was alive and I didn't even look for you. I was told from your father that all of you guys just left because you could. He told me you all didn't even give it a second thought. I was already frustrated with Nik for killing me, but I was willing to forgive him because he wasn't in control. But when Mikael told me that I was furious. Then he tried to kill me because he said that it would be better for me if I had just died. I lost him and when I came back he had left to hunt down the five of you," Amelia explained. Rebekah just walked along in silence for a few moments, fuming with what Amelia just told her. Mikael had no right to treat Amelia like that. When she looked up to answer she realized that they were right in front of Marcel's current residence. 

"We are not done with this conversation either," Rebekah assured the brunette. Amelia  rolled her eyes before they both vamp-sped to the mansion. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 4.3K 57
𝐊𝐨𝐥 𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐱 𝐎𝐂 I am 𝐋𝐮𝐜𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐫. I am known as The Devil by humans. I don't mind. Punishing the bad is my duty. If I am deemed...
232K 8.7K 24
☽ 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 ☾ ...
2.6K 72 28
"For an eternity, darling." He smiled. - Amelia Mikaelson, the original witch hybrid and the old wife of Klaus Mikaelson. Five hundred years of mar...
51.5K 2.3K 49
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐞𝐥𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐟. 𝐈𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭...