gumlee Fluff /ddlb Oneshots...

By XxXlemonzXxXsourhot

A ddlb book with Marshall and gumball. if you don't know much about the community and wish to know more dm me... More

hey
daddy~ part 1
a day with fiona~ part 1
dealing~
did you get the to go plate?~
ok so
a day with Marshall
piano lessons
sweet, but also... confusing??
not a chapter, but you should still read.
announcment

lonely day

1.1K 17 5
By XxXlemonzXxXsourhot

top marshall                                                   bottom gumball                                           small warning, its sad, if your not in the mood for something sad probobly sit this one out. im also going to change the title of this book to just fluff, i want to get used to writing these charachters and practice my smuts before i start publishing any of it, and i dont want to false advertise. the day i write a smut is the day ill specify it in the title again.                  ----------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                            It all started as a normal day, well as normal as a day is when me and marshall get to get away from our usual lives.  I woke at about noon to the smell of burnt toast coming from down stairs, I grinned to myself knowing marshall made me something for breakfast. I pondered the thought of waiting a little to see if he comes to get me up or if I should go downstairs myself to surprise him. I thought  on it for a few more moments, finally coming to a conclusion, I got out of bed and headed for the door. My hand hovered over the door knob, I heard him gently plucking the strings on his guitar, I almost felt like I recognise the tune.

    Deciding to listen, i put my back on the door and slid onto the floor. It sounded very melancholy, differing from what I normally hear him play. Soon he starts singing, I turn and lean my ear to the door to hear his soft voice. “Such a lonely day, and it's mine. The most loneliest day of my life. Such a lonely day should be banned, it's a day that i can't stand.” his voice trails off at the last word the soft music coming from the guitar stopped.

. I heard him sigh. I lean my back against the door like I had before when he was playing. Should i be worried for him? He sounded like a completely different person singing. I sighed as I stood and went down there, he was sitting at the coffee table drinking something from a mug, staring down at music sheets with notes scribbled on them and some sheets with writing, many words being scratched out.

   He looked up and saw me there, his facial expression flashed something unrecognizable before he smiled at me telling me goodmorning. He starts putting away his stuff, but I interrupt him asking what he's working on, He looked up at me and said “just something for a friend”. While he finished putting away his things i made my way to the kitchen to eat, i realised i forgot about the toast. I saw it sitting in the trash, he usually just scraps the burnt off and smears sweet jams on top.

   I hear him walk up behind me seeing that i was looking at the toast, I turned to him, he seemed to see the question on my face and said “yea i burnt the toast again, but this time I figured you might like to have something new” he walks over to the pantry and pulls out a bag of cinnamon toast crunch while saying “like an essentially toast breakfast” I let put a small laugh  and took my seat at the table while he pours me my cereal, I smiled and thanked him before I started eating

  . He sat next to me asking how I slept, “pretty good actually” i said. we kept making small talk, but my thoughts never left the melancholy song he was singing. I spaced out and stopped talking. He said he was writing for a friend, what if he's lying.. Who would he be writing such a sad song for? I got snapped out of my thoughts by him literally snapping in front of my face, it startled me abit and i jumped. I heard him giggle and i started blushing profusely. I gently pushed him and he hugged me in return, but our moment was interrupted by a loud rapping on the door. He went to answer it leaving me alone to drift into the bothersome thoughts of curiosity He came back with peppermint butler, “uh sire, there's been some issues with the banana guards, and we've collectively decided that you need to be there.” Reluctantly I walked up stairs for all my things, marshall was quick to follow me up. We get upstairs and he starts to make the bed while I change, I went for something casual. A baby pink button up, the cuffs had embroidered sedum flowers. I settled on some light wash jeans. The shirt, marshall had got me after the first time he fell off the face of the earth. He does that sometimes, and it's really hard when he does, I don't even know why. I just always trust that when he comes back he will be better than he was when he left.

  Its sad, and people looking in from the outside find it really strange, unhealthy even. Maybe it is, maybe I'm just blind to it, but it's the way we've always done it, right from the start. Heck, ive needed the space a few times he's left, i just wish he would let me in on why he leaves. I felt him wrap his arms around me, he put his face in the crook of my neck, leaving a trail of kisses to my cheek before kissing me on the lips. I turned around and hugged him back. 

  We held onto the hug for some time before he let go. “Bye gumwad, have fun taking care of the guards” he said floating to the bed. I jumped on his back making us fall on the bed laughing. “Don't call me gumwad you michael jackson knock-off” ( get it, because he's pale and does music stuff HahA)(wait, no, HehE)

 I got up and grabbed his hand, leading him down the stairs, all the way to the front door, I let go, I bit my lip, letting my eyes trail to his lips. I felt myself blush, I looked him in his eyes and before he could tease me I kissed him, letting my lips linger there just a moment before parting, “bye, marshall. I'll be back before lunch.” I say before walking away with peppermint butler. 

Marshal pov bc fak you

I watched as gumball left, feeling the sadness return, the same sadness that lies dormant when he's around. I went back to the living room and pulled out all my stuff again, looking down at the notes , then looking at the lyrics. I then pulled out a folded piece of paper that gumball  had given me a few days after the last time I ran . Looking down at the paper i read it to myself. 

“Dearest marshall,

I love you, and every day we spend together just gets me more excited for our future. Wherever that may lie, it's hard to believe and much easier to hope that we do have that future, you know the one we always talked about.  Even if our future doesn't play out how we hope, no matter what happens, im here, and im not leaving. Even if you have to leave again i'll wait for you, we both know how difficult these things are, And im willing to take the time and effort to put into us so we could be happy. Your always talking about flowers and what they represent. So let me help you plant that garden, and make the path. We could walk it together, whenever your ready. 

         Love gumball”

I sigh, knowing that i can't, knowing the mistakes ive made. I know I can't stall it anymore, I know the consequences of my actions and wont make that mistake again, and now I know the consequences of starting something i'm unable to finish. I absolutely won't do it again.  

I leave my thoughts and go back to my music, I wrote a song about it. I have everything figured out. I'm gonna make a recording of the song, and leave a note I wrote with it. I know he deserves something better, i just can't look him in the face and say what I have to say. I set up the tape recorder and grabbed my guitar and started playing.

I finished up and put the note on the tape. I look down and see tiny puddles of liquid on the ground, I realise that im crying.  The tears stream down my face, I can't stop them, there's no use in trying to. I sit down and pull a picture off the table, it's one of us at my house gardening. That day he planted a few different flowers, dark red carnations, sunflowers and orchids. The seeds never grew but we still had fun. 

The seeds couldn't grow, no matter the green thumb. The only things that can grow there are weeds and chrysthanthemums. I take the picture out of its frame, fold it up, and put it in my pocket. I look around our little house one last time before flying off, hopefully i can come back, as someone who won't hurt him again. Although I have little faith in the idea, if I come back chances are ill run again, i cant keep hurting gumball like this. 

Gumballs pov

  I started walking up the steps, I threw the door open and hollered “marshall! Im home.” there was no answer, he's probably just in the shower. So I walk to the living room to pick a movie for us to watch when he's done. I saw a tape and a folded piece of paper on the table, i then noticed his bass wasn't anywhere in the room to be seen, I immediately thought the worst. What if he left again? Could I handle that again? I rushed up stairs and started frantically searching every room. Marshall is nowhere to be seen. He probably just went to the store to get things for lunch, of course he did. I don't need to be worried that I told myself as I made my way downstairs.

I looked in the kitchen, he wasn't there. I made my way to the living room again, and picked up the paper. It's just him letting me know thats hes gone for a little, I opened it and started reading.

Dear gumball,

. You want to break walls, to break them and go through planting your garden. 

You plant that garden wherever you go, whether you choose the flowers for the way or if the flowers choose you for your way, is a mystery. I've seen the way gardens can embed themselves in people's lives, how they affect the gardens being planted even when that person moves on. 

To make a path for us to go through that garden would be altruistic, and ignorant. For me to follow you on that path would be even more ignorant.

I know you want to know why, i know it's confusing, but the answer is very simple. We all plant gardens.

Marshall. 

my Breath caught in my throat, it really was what I feared. I started sobbing, I let myself fall  to the ground, what does he even mean? I let my thoughts run wild, letting them think as they please. 

 I ended up losing track of time, i don't know how long i layed there, but i couldn't cry anymore, and the sun had gone down. I picked up the tape and put it in our tape player, the same melody from this morning started filling the room, shortly followed by his broken and sad soft voice. 

“Such a lonely day, And it's mine. The most loneliest day of my life. Such a lonely day, Should be banned. It's a day that I can't stand. The most loneliest day of my life. The most loneliest day of my life. Such a lonely day, Shouldn't exist. It's a day that I'll never miss. Such a lonely day, And it's mine. The most loneliest day of my life, And if you go, I wanna go with you, And if you die, I wanna die with you. Take your hand and walk away. The most loneliest day of my life. The most loneliest day of my life. The most loneliest day of my life (life). Such a lonely day, And it's mine. Its a day that i hope we  survive.” 

His voice trailed off again, he then spoke and said “ im sorry I left again, i dont think im gonna come back this time. I'm sorry again”  the tape abruptly stopped and I was left with the lonely silence of the room, and the tears i thought had dried up completely. My heart felt as if it had been broken. I laughed dryly, i know i should call up fiona and stay with her, but i couldn't even imagine the amount of anger and vengefulness she would feel. 

    I decided that id explain that i needed her more than she wants to punch marshall. I stand up and make my way to the phone, dialling her number. The phone rang a few times before she picked up, “h-hello?’ she asked, she had obviously been sleeping, I felt a little bad. “Uh, f-fiona, um, i'm sorry to call you this late.” “you mean this early?’ she said with a tiny bit of annoyance in her voice. “Oh, W-what time is it?? I said as I felt my eyes water a little bit more. “Like three in the morning,” she said before she yawned “im, really sorry, it's just uhm, marshall l-left again, around lunch time. I don't want to be alone right now c-can you please come over?” i asked as more tears started falling. “Oh, im sorry gumball. Im headed that way shortly. Your gonna be ok bubs.” she said, i heard ruslyn in the background before she said her goodbye and that sheel see me shortly, “bye fiona, t-thank you”. “Of course just let me know where you are.”  “me and marshalls vacation home” i said. She hung up the phone.

I went and laid down on the couch. Just waiting for fionna. I felt my eyes flutter closed and then open. Im gonna fall asleep i thought to myself. Ii got up and wrote a note and left it on the door saying to let herself in if i fall asleep. I went back to the couch and let my body fall lemp, soon sleep would take over.

Part two coming soon, I promise. i didnt ceck this very well so if there is any problems theyll be fixed. our wifi is out so this will be the last post for slittle bit. i have the second part half done-friggen lemonz

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 3.7K 36
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
386K 23.4K 82
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
384K 18.5K 80
Kang y/n was always been the black sheep of the family. Overshadow by her extremely talented, gorgeous sister Roseanne . Who has the world revolve a...
430K 29.5K 44
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...