We, the Dreamers: A RWBY x Wa...

By After_Hours_Writer

In the furthest depths of the void, a new solar system was discovered. A system of planets, unknown to any fo... More

Chapter One: I Mean You no Harm
Chapter Two: An Invitation
Chapter Three: The Ride There
Chapter Four: Meeting the Ice Queen
Chapter Five: Initiation Preparation
Chapter Six: Partners
Chapter Seven: Stress
Chapter Eight: New Roommates
Chapter Nine: The First Day
Chapter Ten: Sparring
Chapter Eleven: Lesson Learned
Chapter Twelve: Conspiracy
Chapter Thirteen: Revelation
Chapter Fourteen: Jaunedice
Chapter Fifteen: Jealousy
Chapter Sixteen: Forever Falls
Author's Note: Quite A Dilemma
Chapter Seventeen: Rememberence
Chapter Eighteen: Tending Wounds
Chapter Nineteen: The Stray
Chapter Twenty: Chaos
Chapter Twenty-One: The Beach
Chapter Twenty-Two: Board Games & Investigation
Chapter Twenty-Three: Quality Time
Chapter Twenty-Four: Distress Call
Chapter Twenty-Five: Intimacy
Chapter Twenty-Six: The Orokin's Ball
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Tiny Kubrow
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Hunt
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Search and Destroy
Chapter Thirty: Vytal Festival
Chapter Thirty-One: A "Gift" From the Void
Chapter Thirty-Two: A Gruesome Finale
Chapter Thirty-Three: The Dreamer's Greatest Nightmare
Chapter Thirty-Four: The Inevitable
Volume II Preview: Defy our Destiny
Volume II / Chapter One: Natah
Volume II / Chapter Three: Coming Home
Volume II / Chapter Four: Reclamation of Vale
Volume II / Chapter Five: War on the Grineer
Volume II / Chapter Six: Patch
Volume II / Chapter Seven: Formalities
Volume II / Chapter Eight: Stolen Army
Volume II / Chapter Nine: Hostage
Volume II / Chapter Ten: Love United
Volume II / Chapter Eleven: The Calm Before The Storm
Volume II / Chapter Twelve: The Storm After The Calm

Volume II / Chapter Two: Prison Break

1.4K 32 15
By After_Hours_Writer

Saturn Six Penitentiary...
3rd Person POV

Alarm: Der Wolf ist aus seiner Zelle entkommen! [The Wolf has escaped his cell!]

Ryoma: The Wolf?

From a small opening, the Tenno watched as Grineer Lancers and Heavy Gunners took aim down a narrow hallway and fired; Their bullets echoing the hall as a wolf's howl was also heard from the other side. As bullets rained across the hall, a large figure appeared in front of the group armed with a large, jet powered hammer. Taking a swing, the figure crushed the group of Grineer units against the walls with ease, surprising the Tenno as he backed away.

Ryoma: How the-?

After waiting a few minutes, the sound of gunfire and Grineer gibberish ceased from the hallway. From there, the Tenno opened the door all the way and left his cell, marking the beginning of his escape.

Ryoma: I have to find my Warframe... I know they took it, somewhere.

Searching the bodies of the deceased, the Tenno had only found one weapon he could use with one hand: the Sheev dagger.

Ryoma: Damn.

Scorpion: Hier entlang! [This way!]

Ryoma: This'll have to do...

From the other cell block, a small unit of Scorpions ran into the hallway where the Tenno stood, facing him with Sheev daggers of their own.

Scorpion: Tenno skoom!

Ryoma: Crap!

As the scorpions charged towards him, the Tenno closed his eyes and dreamed, using the powers of the void to become incorporeal, turning his physical body into thin air as they swung their blades. Upon opening his eyes, the Tenno took notice of his lack of body, as well as the Scorpion's faces of confusion.

Scorpion: !?

Ryoma: At the very least, it hasn't killed me.... yet.

Walking by the confused unit, the Tenno's body reappeared as he entered confinement block B: A small room with four vault style doors on each side, with only a small eyehole serving as communication  between the inmates and the outside. As the Tenno walked along the block, hugging the wal to maintain some balance, a Grineer operative peeked out the small hole, scaring the Tenno upon whispering to him.

Grineer Fugitive: Tenno... Ten-!

Ryoma: !

Taking a step back in panic, the Tenno pointed the Sheev at the hole, causing the fugitive to step away from the hole as well.

Grineer Fugitive: Warten! Warten! [Wait! Wait!]

Ryoma: Oh. Just an inmate.

As the Tenno lowered the dagger, the fugitive slowly stepped forward towards the door, speaking to the Tenno in a calmer, more simple tone.

Grineer Fugitive: Hilfe, Tenno sk-.... Tenno.
[Help]

Pointing at a switch across the block, the fugitive continued.

Ryoma: Hmm?

Grineer Fugitive: Hilf mir.Wir entkommen als Rudel. Sei gesegnet vom Wolf.
[Help me. We escape as a pack. Be blessed by the Wolf.]

Ryoma: They're with the wolf... whoever's it is. I'm guessing they're planning to escape.

After a long pause, the other seven fugitives peeked on from their holes as the Tenno asked, not understanding their language.

Ryoma: Warframe... where?

In unison, the fugitives pointed upwards towards the surface.

Ryoma: Son of a-!

Grineer Fugitive: Hilf uns, Tenno. Wir führen dich zu Warframe.
[Help us, Tenno. We'll lead you to Warframe.]

After another short pause, the Tenno approached the switch and pulled it downward, causing more alarms to blare as the vault doors twisted themselves open. Upon opening the doors, the eight fugitives cried out in rejoice.

Grineer Fugitive: Freiheit!
[Freedom!]

Grineer Fugitive: Freiheit!
[Freedom!]

Grineer Fugitive: Segne den Wolf!
[Bless the Wolf!]

Grineer Fugitive: Segne den Tenno!
[Bless the Tenno!]

Confused about the cries, the Tenno gripped the Sheev, gripping it further upon feeling a small hand patting his shoulder from behind.

Ryoma: !

Grineer Fugitive: Tenno... Begleiten Sie uns.
[Tenno... Join us.]

The solomn moment of rejoice came to an abrupt end as the Scorpion unit from before had entered the room, alarmed by the fugitive's presence.

Scorpion: !

Fugitives: !

Scorpion: Geh zurück in deine Zellen!
[Get back in your cells!]

Upon seeing the unit, the Tenno went back into the void, dashing through the group of Scorpions and knocking them against the walls, including the death of one of them. Upon reappearing, the Tenno's torn legs tensed up, like an athlete running without any nourishment to burn.

Ryoma: Tsch!

Scorpions: !

Fugitives: !

As the Scorpions stood up, the fugitives beat them back down to the ground in a bloody fashion with their fists, taking their blades and slashing their throats with them to finish them off. As they wiped away the flesh on the blades, the fugitive in charge of the group patted the Tenno's shoulder once more.

Fugitive: Vielen Dank, Tenno.
[Thank you, Tenno.]

As he said that, another fugitive rubbed the Tenno's legs, releasing the stress off so that he may be able to move again.

Ryoma: Thanks.

As the Tenno moved, the fugitives raised their swords in unison, yelling at the top of their lungs.

Fugitive: Zur Freiheit!
[To freedom!]

Fugitives: Zur Freiheit!
[To freedom!]

Fugitive: Zur Freiheit!
[To freedom!]

Fugitives: Zur Freiheit!
[To freedom!]

15 Minutes Later...

Ryoma: Its hard to believe that a Tenno is leading a bunch of Grineer outcasts out of a prison. Then again, nothing makes sense anymore.

Standing in one of the four elevators that lead to the 1st floor of the penitentiary, the Tenno was alongside the ever growing army of Grineer fugitives held captive. What was a small group of eight doubled in size after releasing the first cell block, then doubling once more upon releasing the rest from solitary confinement. Dividing themselves evenly, the organized group took over all four elevators as they headed towards the main floor of the facility, hearing a mixture of gunfire and the Wolf's howl as they got closer.

Wolf: *HOOOOWWWWLLLL!*

Fugitives: *HOOOOWWWWLLLL!*

Ryoma: ....

Ryoma: What a strange bunch.

*Ding!*

Remaining silent as the fugitives howled, the Tenno waited as the elevator he was in reached its destination. On the other side, the clicks and ticks of Grineer weapons lock and load were heard.

Ryoma: !

The fugitives, too, heard the same ticks and clicks from the other side, prompting them to take cover beside and aim the Karaks and Hive rifles they looted from the deceased at the door.

Fugitive: Feinde auf der anderen Seite. Pass auf dich auf.
[Enemies on the other side. Watch yourselves.]

As the door began to open, the Tenno used his Void powers once more to make himself incorporeal. As he did so, the fugitives opened fire through the opening, tearing through the metal and flesh of the Grineer Gunners on the other side with minimal pressure on their end.

Ryoma: A strange group... but effective.

As the Tenno reappeared, the fugitives moved out from the elevator towards the hallway ahead, taking point.

Ryoma: What exactly did they do to end up here instead of a Grineer special unit?

Fugitive: Tenno...

Looking back at the fugitive who spoke, he listened as the fugitive pointed forward.

Fugitive: Wir sind fast da.
[We're almost there.]

The Tenno simply nodded in response as they continued down the darkened halls of Saturn Six, following a path of decapitated bodies and lost limbs; Grineer blood and guts covering the halls. In following the group, the Tenno stopped himself as he encountered an entrance to an oddly lit up room admist the darkened halls. A room that was reminiscent to the Grineer Queen's throne.

Ryoma: Huh?

In stopping, so too did the fugitives he followed. Seeing the entrance, the fugitive in charge patted the Tenno's shoulders once more as he suggested.

Fugitive: Es ist der Thron der Wurmkönigin. Sie ist da drin und wird von ihren besten Rittern bewacht. Wir müssen gehen, solange wir können.
[It's the throne of the worm queen. She's in there, guarded by her best knights. We need to leave, while we can.]

Ryoma: Queen....

Understanding only the word "queen" in the Grineer language, the Tenno proceeded inside the room, much to the dismay of the fugitives.

Fugitive: Tenno, wa-!

*Slam!*

Ryoma: !

Behind him, the entrance to the worm queen's throne slammed shut, locking the Tenno inside as the fugitives began debating their next course of action.

Ryoma: Shit!

As the Tenno realized his situation, the voice of a snobby woman emanated from the other side of the throne.

Worm Queen: Did we get one? Did we get one?

Ryoma: !

In a state of panic, the Tenno used his void powers once more to dash towards one of the many steel pillars that held the room up and hid. As he did so, the worm queen herself playfully jumped out from behind her throne to surprise her new guest, only to find nothing there.

Worm Queen: Gotch-Heh!?

Confused by the lack of anyone in her presence, she summoned her guardians to her from behind.

Worm Queen: I heard someone enter this room! Guardians!

As three guardians, each one eight times her size, stepped out from behind her, she instructed them.

Worm Queen: Find our intruder!

As the guardians began to move in search of the intruder, the Worm Queen indulged on a beverage that was in essence a mixture of the Tenno's blood and wine, drinking it on her throne.

Ryoma: Damn. They know I'm here.

As he peeked out a bit from the steel pillar, he noticed a Guardian quickly approaching his spot, prompting him to become incorporeal once more till the guardian passed by. Reappearing once more, th constant use of his power began to take a toll on the Tenno as he felt a sense of nausea upon reappearing.

Ryoma: Bleh! Stomach... aches. I can't be using this power much longer without extreme side effects. But what to do?

Peeking out once more, the Tenno noticed an awfully large shadow behind the throne. Upon prepping himself and dashing silently towards another pillar, he captured a glimpse of the figure creating the shadow.

Ryoma: What the-!?

In the shadows behind the Worm Queen's throne, there lied a single Rhino Prime Warframe: The latest experiment of Grineer engineering. It's smooth, metallic skin now nothing more than a concoction of flesh and metallic bone. It's helmet no longer resembling that of a knight, but of a mutated insect. In place of a syndana, a pair of wings, forged from the bones of eidolons, were present, giving it a demonic look to it.

Ryoma: Is that....my Warframe?

Guardian: !

Ryoma: Oh, how they've massacred my frame...

Spotting the Tenno, the Guardian pointed its polearm at him while sprinting.

Guardian: Ich fand ihn!
[I found him!]

Worm Queen: !

Ryoma: !

Ryoma: Dammit! I'm not even sure if transference will even-. Ah, to hell with it!

Closing his eyes, the Tenno's body faded away as the Guardian swung its polea, displaying confusion as the Tenno became one with the monstrous Warframe. Like a machine upon its activation, as the Tenno took control, the Warframe's eyes lit up a demonic red as a similarly colored aura enveloped around it.

Worm Queen: !?

As the Tenno looked down at himself, now able to function with two hands again, the Worm Queen muttered to herself as the Tenno looked up upon the throne at her.

Worm Queen: Ahh.... shi-.

*RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!*

Exploding into a fit of rage, the Tenno lept forth towards the worm queen as she backed herself away from him, spilling the contents of her beverage onto the throne as she cried out to her guardians.

Worm Queen: GUARDIANS! KILL THE-!

Interrupting the Worm Queen, the Tenno grabbed her by the head with one hand, covering her mouth as she tried to scream.

Worm Queen: MMMMMMMM!

Sprinting past the Guardians, the Tenno pulled his arm back as he swung the Worm Queen's head into the entranceway door, bashing it down with one fluid swing.

*CRASH!*

Fugitives: !?

As the Tenno busted through the doorway, he took the now unconscious Worm Queen and raised her upward before pulling her head apart from her body; Her flesh and bone tearing from ancient circuitry as blood and oil stained the Tenno's Warframe. As the Tenno tossed aside the Worm Queen's body, her Guardians stood in horror as he inspected her decapitated head. The fugitives, in seeing this, opened fire upon the Guardians, taking advantage of the moment to kill them where they stood.

Fugitive: Offenes Feuer!
[Open fire!]

As the Tenno stood, a mist of bullets scattered past him towards the Kuva Guardians, eradicating them before they could react.

Ryoma: It's definitely the annoying one of the two.

Strapping the Worm Queen's head to his side by the ear, the Tenno looked back at the small army of fugitives behind him as they began to rejoice of the Worm Queen's death.

Fugitive: Die Wurmkönigin ... ist tot... Die Wurmkönigin ist tot!
[The Worm Queen... is dead... The Worm Queen is dead!]

Fugitives: HOORAAAAH!

Watching the fugitives rejoice, the Tenno felt something pat him on the back. When he turned around, he was greeted with two fugitives carrying a familiar sword.

Ryoma: Paracesis...

Fugitive: Für dich, Tenno.
[For you, Tenno.]

Taking the massive greatsword from the two, the Tenno thought to himself as he sheathed it on his back.

Ryoma: At least you saved me a trip back down.

As he nodded in good gesture, the fugitive in charge spoke to him once more, pointing behind him towards the bloody halls.

Fugitive: Wir sind nicht weit von der Freiheit entfernt.
[We're not far from freedom.]

5 Minutes Later...

As the fugitive squads reunited together, they led the Tenno to the front entrance of the Saturn Six Penitentiary. There, the Tenno was met with an unusual sight: A Grineer fugitive, much larger than even the Tenno's Warframe, standing atop of a pile of Grineer Noxs and Eximuses. Beside him, a stolen Bursa smashed into pieces, with a large jet powered hammer sticking out from within its frame.

Ryoma: The hell is that!?

As the fugitives sprinted towards the Wolf, like cubs, the Tenno stood in awe of him. That was until the Wolf took notice of the Tenno's presence, when he reached forth for his hammer and pulled back to swing it at him.

Ryoma: !

Fugitive: Halt! Halt!
[Stop! Stop!]

Ryoma: !?

Wolf: !?

Fugitive: Er hat uns von den Fesseln des Grineer befreit; Hat uns geholfen, unser Rudel zu befreien.
[He has freed us from the shackles of the Grineer; Helped us to liberate our pack.]

As the group stood in silence, the Wolf slowly approached the Tenno, standing in front of him as he towered over him. After a few seconds of inspecting, the Wolf took a few steps back, speaking to the Tenno in his own language.

Wolf: Fumidasu.
[Step forward.]

Ryoma: !?

Wolf: Kakurete iru kaigarade wa naku, hontō no jibun o misete kudasai.
[Reveal your true self, not the shell that you hide under.]

Ryoma: He speaks our tongue!?

Doing as the Wolf instructed, the Tenno transferred out of his Warframe in front of him, revealing himself. As the Wolf inspected him further, he took notice of the physical wounds he developed during the stay.

Wolf: No doubt, he was an inmate alongside the pack.

Finished, the Wolf of Saturn Six turned his back to the Tenno, speaking to him on me last time before leaving him towards an empty Grineer transport ship.

Wolf: Anata wa watashitachi no tekidesuga, anata wa watashi no pakku o kyūshutsu shimashita. Ōkami wa anata o musabori kuubekideshitaga, kawarini karera wa anata o jibun no mono ni shimashita. Ikinokoru tame ni tatakau koto wa arimasen... Imanotokoro.
[You are our enemy, yet you have rescued my pack. The wolves should have devoured you, but instead made you one of their own. We will not fight for our survival.... for now.]

Wolf: Watashitachi no pasu ga futatabi kōsa suru hitsuyō ga arimasu... Watashi wa son'nani kan'yōde wa arimasen.
[Should our paths cross again... I will not be so forgiving.]

As the fugitives boarded the Grineer transport ship, the Tenno boarded a different ship. As the two ships began to take off, the Tenno muttered to himself as the ships began to separate.

Ryoma: Onaji.
[Same.]

*HHHHHOOOOOOWwwwwwllll!*

As the two ships separate, the Tenno crunched in his next destination: Earth.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 31 32
RWBY x Male Reader Fanfiction. In a different world of RWBY the fall of Beacon never happened. The creatures of grimm still roamed and evil forces st...
7.7K 104 64
(Sequel From Im Not Your Brother...I Am A Marine) 1989: US Fleet conducted Operation with Highly Advanced Submarine in The Mariana Trench. Crystals a...
47.9K 844 50
After the events of Max Steel Season 2 with The destruction of Makino and Just after the events of, the Wrath of Makino, but before the Morpheus movi...
4.9K 55 11
Shortly after RWBY and the resistance fighters went through the rift portals, Y/N now only known as the Goliath found out their intentions. In his fo...