𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐢-𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐢...

By Guadess

[HIATUS] After the war with Gaea, everyone assumed peace would finally enter their demigod lives. Nico was no... More

The Guide to Demigods & Wizards
1• Two Demi-Gods & One Magic-y School
2• Dreaming Reality
3• Lau Mori, At Your Service
5• Your Highness, Nico Nico Nii
6• Chocolate Cake
7• Castle In Your Eyes
8• Circles
EXTRA 01: Roses
The End

4• Headache Material

6.4K 213 182
By Guadess

Hello! I'm back. I'm finally free from exams so I decided to finish up this chapter, it hasn't been edited though, so I'm sorry for any errors. Thanks for the comments— it makes me happy that at least someone reads little book.
Music is "You Know" - Jerry Folk x Eloq.
Enjoy!

|Nico|

Sniffling, Nico opened his eyes, making out a familiar face.

Nico squinted, wanting to murder the bright lights. Just waking up and having thoughts of murder, oh, that wasn't good. "Will?"

"Oh thank the gods!" Nico cringed at the mention of the gods but he quickly untensed, feeling cool hands on his face. "Good no fever anymore..." Will trailed off, biting his lip like he always did when he was nervous. Nico gulped at the little space between them.

Nico refused to look Will in the eye, staring at the white sheets instead. Will stepped away from the bed as Nico's eyes adjusted to the light. Something felt off and Nico couldn't pinpoint it.

That's when Nico realized.

Will Solace was crying.

"Will?!" Nico had no idea what to do as he watched Will sob, covering his face in his hands, leaning against the doorframe. It made Nico's heart twist and he almost stood up to hug the son of Apollo. Almost.

"I'm sorry Nico. It's just– its– I was so terrified. I lost it. When I saw you collapse, and then you wouldn't wake up, I was frozen. The thought that you might die, it killed me." Will wiped his face, turning to face Nico. "That was stupid, huh?"

Nico clenched his hands into fists, a strange feeling of anger filling him. He couldn't describe the emotion fully but seeing Will cry so easily in front of him, it made him angry, confused, and miserable.

"Yeah it was stupid."

Will smiled, despite the obvious tears welling up in his eyes, despite everything. Will was always smiling and now Nico could only wonder how many fake smiles the blonde had shone with. "I told you Ni–"

"Don't ever cry for somebody like me."

"Hmm?" Will met Nico's stone cold eyes. Nico hated that sight; Will crying. Nico never wanted to see it again. That's what it was– not anger, just hate. A hate for the way somebody like Nico- useless like him -had made Will cry. It was an old hate; a hate that had always been there. It had been dozing off but now it awoke, consuming Nico's mind.

"Only cry for people that matter. Don't waste your tears, your sadness, your empathy, on someone who doesn't deserve it." Nico forced his body to move, despite all his instincts screaming to freeze. They snarled, saying he shouldn't get close, that this boy would only hurt him more. Stubborn as always, Nico ignored them; he slid out of the bed, softly walking to Will.

Will was too good. Nico wasn't. He was a monster- the incident with Octavian was solid proof.

The cold of the tile floor seeped through Nico's bare feet like water, but Nico already felt cold.

If somebody had told him a month ago, he would be hugging Will Solace, Nico would have scowled and laughed bitterly, telling them to mind their own dam business.

"Don't cry for me again. You hear me Solace?" Nico buried his face into the crook of Will's neck, closing his eyes and breathing in softly. Such a warm, homey feel. "I won't forgive you if you do."

Nico almost cried in relief when he felt Will hug back.

°°°

"For two whole days?!" "I was knocked out for two whole days!?"

"Yep, that's 48 hours sunshine."

Nico hated the way Will brushed off so many things.

Nico realized there were lots of things he hated about Will, no, hate wasn't the right word. It was too out of context.

Nico knew that by now, he could never hate Will. He was too far in– too accustomed to the son of Apollo. That was not good at all.

The correct word, it wasn't hate.

Fear.

That fit in perfectly.

Nico was scared Will would brush him away or worse, brush off on him, with his contagious happiness and smiles.

Nico didn't think he could handle so much positivity and... Affection?

The son of Hades sighed, slightly shivering from the wild thought. He tried to ignore the little cheery voice in his heart that told him Nico himself had just hugged Will. Stupid heart... Nico's ears burned red.

Nico snorted, glaring at Will, who was stuffing his clothes from his bag into a trunk. "Don't call me that."

Will perked up, glancing at him coyly. "But why not...." Will looked like he wanted to add something on; the way his lips turned up at the edges, barely avoiding a grin.

Nico sighed, ears still on fire, "Don't."

"Sunshine!"

"Will stop."

"No."

"Stop."

"Sunshine~"

"Will."

"You are my sunshine~"

"Solace!"

"di'Angelo?"

Nico huffed, arms crossed delicately along his chest, looking away from Will's eyes.

"I already know you're going say it."

...

"Sunshine."

Hm? No singsong tone? Nico looked back at Will, puzzled.

Will had stopped his task and had his full attention on the gloomy son of Hades. His blue eyes were locked into his and Will had an expression of content. Of pride. He licked his lips- slowly, like he was savoring a nonexistent spice.

"My sunshine."

Nico felt a lump form in his throat, and a blush tickle his cheeks. He looked down at his shaking hands.

"Shut up... Will."

°°°°

"I'm Harry, Harry-" The green eyed boy hesitated. "Potter."

Nico blankly stared at the hand outstretched before him, unsure whether or not to shake it.

Will swiftly nudged Nico's side, a painful grin stretched across his face. His eyes sent daggers into Nico's; they screamed that Will would strangle Nico later.

"Oh," Nico blinked as the son of Apollo cleared his throat loudly and Harry's hand awkwardly floated in front of him. "Nico di'Angelo and you already know Will, right?" They shook hands.

Harry nodded, a smile on his lips. A fake smile. Nico could tell by the way it seemed pained at the edges. It looked like there was something else clouding Harry's mind, a looming monster. The thing prevented the wizard's smile to be fully honest. Nico shrugged, he didn't mind either way. Who was he to judge on fake smiles? Nico bit his lip— that would just be hypocritical.

"So," Harry ran a hand through his wild hair, making it more messy. "You're in the Order... right?"

Nico nodded, looking nervously at Will when Harry's hand clenched into a fist. It seemed like Harry hadn't even noticed.

"Great."

Steady silence followed until a high pitched cry zapped through the air.

"He got off, he got off, he got off!" Three people, twins and a girl, were dancing merrily, chanting the phrases like a prayer. They all had bright hair so Nico assumed they were kin. The demigod looked up at Will and Nico, brown eyes demanding an explanation.

Harry blushed, chuckling anxiously while more people poured into the dining room. They were loud, dressed with strange clothing, and talking amongst themselves so comfortably. So many new people;Great headache material.

Will smirked, slapping Harry on the back and wrapping an arm around Nico. Nico felt strangely warm.

Will's eyes twinkled. "Welcome to the Order of the Phoenix!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.3K 2K 34
Percy, Annabeth, and Nico just saved the Wizarding World from Voldemort. But that victory came at a price: Percy. Bellatrix Lestrange has been holdin...
558K 13.7K 27
After Gaea and Voldemort's defeat, various demigods enrol at Hogwarts. They befriend Harry Potter, fail homework assignments, and train the wizards t...
71.8K 2K 62
Nico di Angelo is finally happy. He's learning to accept himself for his sexuality and as a son of Hades. After everything horrible that has happened...
108K 3.6K 44
Annabeth was expecting a normal end to summer. She was expecting to end the day with Percy and wait for her father to pick her up. What she got inste...