Alpha Epiales

By twiiterpated

Amora has always wanted a mate, she yearned for someone to love and care for her, someone to replace all thos... More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI

IX

8.2K 264 69
By twiiterpated

Dinner dragged on for hours, Amora, who was quietly munching on her cake, was desperate to stand up and stretch her legs, but she knew she couldn't until the King announced the first dance.

She could barely sit down anyway, the metal crinoline making it very difficult to rest comfortably. She sipped on her tea, silently praying for King Richard to announce the end of the meal.

Many people tried to speak to her, after all the ball is for her and Epiales, but she spent her entire life isolated within her pack and didn't know how to communicate with such a large group of people without being awkward.

"So, Luna Amora, how did you and Alpha Epiales meet? Was it love at first sight?" A young woman wearing a very frilly yellow dress asked her, leaning over the table with a large smile on her face.

Amora froze, still holding her cup, "well I-I um, we just..."

"We met at Alpha Lincoln's pack where I was visiting for some business," Epiales cuts in, gently taking the, now empty, cup away from Amora's hands and setting it down.

"That's a name you don't hear often! How is Alpha Lincoln?" The older man sitting next to the woman asked the pair.

"Oh he is doing just fine," Amora grumbled under her breath.

"He is very secretive, but you know what? I think you, Alpha Henderson, should go down there! I hear he's looking to do some business with another pack," Epiales smirked.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is now my pleasure to announce the newly found mates, Luna Amora and Alpha Epiales', first dance!" King Richard boomed, servants already flooding in to clear the plates away.

It was now that Amora realised she had absolutely no dance training and she had no clue what she was going to do.

"Epiales! I can't dance," she hissed quietly as he took her hand in his and led her to the dance floor.

"I know, I don't think the King was worried about that, just follow my lead and it will be fine," he murmured, placing a hand on her back and clasping her other in his again as she places her free hand on his shoulder.

The soft classical music started to play, filling the silence that remained in the room.

Epiales began to move and Amora struggled to keep up with him, but he held on to her, guiding her through his movements.

"The King expects us to be more...intimate," Epiales mumbled coldly, pulling Amora closer as his movements slowed.

Amora ignored his tone and rested her head on his chest, feeling his racing heartbeat.

She heard Epiales sigh and stroke her waist gently, running his hand up and down her back as they sway together time with the music.

Amora wanted to tell him that this is how it's meant to be, they're meant to be this intimate without him pushing her away but she refused to let herself ruin the moment.

She hated herself for staying and continuously letting herself get hurt, but every time she feels his skin on hers, when he looks in her eyes, or when she hears his voice, she's glad she's there to experience it. Every single time.

The music slowly came to a stop and Amora lifted her head, expecting Epiales to immediately let go of her but he didn't, he continued to hold her and sway slowly, he even pulled her closer so that their chests were touching, their breathing becoming synced.

"That was the song they played at my Alpha ceremony," he mumbled, looking down into her sparkling eyes.

"Oh, did it upset you?" she asked quietly, sensing the King approaching them.

"I'm not so sure, I don't usually reminisce about the past, it was a good memory."

"Epiales, Amora, the next dance is about to start but it is a little more upbeat so I do not think this pose is appropriate," the King announced as couples started walking onto the large dance floor.

"There is someone I would like to introduce you to, please follow me," the King said, walking towards the large doors.

Epiales and Amora followed him all the way into another room within the castle, wondering who would be waiting.

"Epiales, this is Cassandra Winfrey," Richard smiled and Amora tensed up, sensing that something bad was about to happen.

Epiales stood in silence, staring at the King in confusion for a moment before speaking, "your majesty, why did you want to introduce us?"

Cassandra stepped forward, grinning at Epiales, "I was picked out by the Royal Court to be the Silverlake Pack's Luna."

Amora felt as though she had been punched in the gut and she was left gasping for air.

"My pack does not need a Luna," Epiales growled out, taking a step away from her.

"Why Epiales, every pack needs a Luna!" She laughed, throwing her head back.

"It's Alpha Epiales and I have a Luna."

"What?" Cassandra gasped in fake shock, her hand covering her mouth.

Amora stepped forward, glaring furiously at the raven-haired woman in front of her, "I am the Luna of the Silverlake Pack."

Cassandra glared back at her, taking another step forward, "I was chosen to be Luna, that is why I am here!"

"What did you think this ball was for? Did you think the King just felt like throwing a party?" Amora fumed

Cassandra huffed, turning towards the King, "your majesty, will you please tell this woman that I am the Luna!"

The King rolled his eyes but chuckled, stepping closer to Amora and Epiales, "Epiales, why don't you and Cassandra go into the ballroom? The next dance is about to start."

"I am not dancing with a woman who is not my mate!" He refused, eyeing Amora as she took a step closer to him.

"Epiales, the next dance is starting soon," the King said once again, glaring at him.

Amora watched in shock as Epiales let Cassandra grab onto his arm and drag him into the ballroom.

"Your majesty, surely you are not letting her take my place as Luna? I am Epiales mate therefore I am the rightful Luna of the Silverlake Pack," Amora remarked, spinning away from the door to face him.

"Do not fret Amora, as King I would never replace any rightful Luna, I am just doing what the court had decided, before you both met, and introduced them."

Amora nodded, feeling somewhat relieved, but standing in here while her mate was out there dancing with another woman who wanted to replace her made distress overpower her emotions.

"May I return to the ballroom?" Amora asked.

The King nodded, letting her rush through.

Amora's eyes immediately found them, he had his arms wrapped around her waist and she had hers wrapped around his neck. She wanted to look away so badly, her whole body burned with jealously but she couldn't tear her eyes away.

She stood in front of the dinner table, sending daggers their way as they spun around, moving around in time with the band's music.

She stepped forward, ready to run in and tear Cassandra away from him as she laughed, resting her head on his shoulder while a bored expression rested on Epiales' face.

Amora finally managed to tear her eyes away when she saw the King approach the musicians, whispering in someone's ear and suddenly the music came to a halt.

Epiales pushed Cassandra off of him, speeding away to the dinner table where he realised Amora was standing.

Cassandra, now pouting, jogged after him, "Epiales, won't you join me for another dance?"

"No he will not," Amora growled, stepping in front of him.

"Did the King not get it in your little head that I will be the Luna?" She fake smiled, patting Amora on the shoulder.

"Do not touch me, go talk to the King yourself, you delusional harlot!" Amora exclaimed, pushing Cassandra's hand off of her.

"You bitch!" She screamed, causing everyone's heads to whip round and stare.

"We are leaving now," Epiales whispered harshly, tugging Amora to the doors.

Amora glanced behind her to see Cassandra, very poorly, fake crying to the King as he spoke to her.

She followed Epiales to their room and stood leaning against the door as he aggressively shoved all their belongings in their cases.

"You caused a scene out there! Do you know how that makes my pack look?" He shouted, turning around to stare at her.

"You just let her put her hands all over you! She obviously wants to be with you, what was I meant to do? Just stand there?" Amora shouts back, her anger bubbling to the surface.

"I was following the King's orders!" He retorted, turning around once more to fling more clothes into the cases.

"The King ordered you to dance not grope each other!"

"Like what you and William were doing the day we left the pack?" Epiales growls, his eyes darkening.

"What?" Amora spluttered.

"Don't act stupid Amora, I saw the way he held onto you, you were instructed to simply bring him to my office."

"He was only helping me! I almost fell."

Epiales scoffed, closing over the cases and carrying them downstairs, Amora trailing after him, "This is a ball for us, we cannot just leave so early and besides we need to give back the clothes Epiales."

"The King said they were a gift from the palace, the carriage is waiting. I know it is early but I sense we have overstayed our welcome. Hurry up."

Epiales grumbled as he placed their luggage in the carriage, refusing to make eye contact with Amora before quickly running into the castle, returning a few minutes later.

The entire journey home was silent, both Amora and Epiales fuming with anger.

When they finally arrived at the pack, the sky was black, millions of stars were scattered across the sky, surrounding the glistening moon with no clouds in sight.

"Come to my office," Epiales muttered, glad to be back.

Amora didn't bother replying as she followed him up the long pathway, thanking the coachman who carried their bags inside.

Amora caught up with Epiales just in time to see a scared William running out of her office as Epiales smirked in the doorway.

"William what is the rush?" She asked, stopping him.

"No rush Luna, have a good evening," he smiled briefly, running down the stairs.

She shrugged and walked into her room to change into a more comfortable outfit, even though she knew Epiales would become impatient waiting for her.

"What did you want to speak about?" Amora asked, skipping into the office, suddenly in a much better mood.

"I just wanted to inform you that...the Royal Court is requesting that Miss Winfrey spends a few days here," Epiales said, looking away from Amora's burning gaze.

"What?" She shouted, standing up, "and you agreed?"

"I had no choice! I don't need the Royal Court on my bad side, it isn't good for the pack!"

"You are the most feared Alpha in England and you couldn't just politely decline?"

Epiales did not respond, he knew she was right, he didn't want Cassandra in his pack but he was so angry with Amora that he didn't think when he agreed.

Amora huffed, sitting back down and crossing over her legs, her dress sliding up, revealing her tan legs, "why did you agree Epiales?"

"Alright fine, I was angry at you and William, he clearly likes you and you seem to like him too," he admitted, jealousy spreading in his veins.

Amora growled in frustration, "you have made it very clear that you do not care about me and you would much rather ignore the mate bond, so please tell me what would be so wrong about me liking William? Which by the way I do not! We are just friends if anything and barely."

Epiales rolled her eyes at her, "do you think my Luna mating with another man makes me as an Alpha look good?"

"Everything is about this pack! All you talk about is how the pack looks and how the pack sees you but that is not what the world revolves around Epiales!"

"I am an Alpha! My world revolves around this pack and all my decisions and choices are for this pack and this pack only," he shouts, slamming his fists down on the table, making Amora flinch, memories of her sitting in Lincoln's office as he slams on the table flash through her eyes.

"I am meant to matter to you! I am your mate, you matter so much to me Epiales, I cannot stand being around you when you are being cruel but those rare moments when you accept the bond, even just for a moment, make it all worth it, but moments like these make my heart feel as though it's crumbling in your hands!"

Epiales stays silent, watching her intently, he didn't know how to respond, no one had ever felt so strongly about him before.

"Forget it Epiales, I am leaving, bring Cassandra here, I don't care. Maybe I will go see William," Amora seethed, pushing the chair back and storming to the door.

"Goddammit!" Epiales growls out, pulling her waist and slamming her up against the wall, "you have no idea what you do to me." He kisses her roughly, his hand sliding up her leg, the fabric of her dress moving up and bunching at her hips.

Amora pants, her hands finding their way into Epiales' hair, tugging at it harshly at he bites her lip gently.

She pants, breaking away from the kiss and Epiales takes the time to stare at her, now swollen, lips. He could truly feel the bond, it grasped him at the dance, he could feel every spark when he held her. He gazed at her bare skin, all the makeup taken off, her skin glowed and her freckles stood out proudly, not being hidden away like they normally are. He noticed that she always tried to cover the small blemishes that rested on her face, he hated when she covered them up, he always thought she was hiding from him, though he'd never tell her that.

"Epiales, what are you doing?" Amora asked, she was scared he'd suddenly move away from her but she needed to know what he was thinking.

"Denying the bond was so hard today, dancing with you just- it just made me realise how hard staying away from you is," he murmured quietly.

"Please stop trying to deny the bond," Amora whispered, resting her forehead against his, closing her eyes and breathing deeply.

"My brother went crazy searching for his mate, he only cared about pursuing a personal relationship and that is the reason for the downfall of my pack, I can't let that happen." He closed his eyes, conflicting emotions arising within him, he had spent over a decade drilling it into his head that he would never develop a personal bond with his mate and risk destroying the pack.

"It does not have to be one or the other Epiales, please," Amora croaked, sensing that the conversation would turn sour as he backed away from her.

"I know it does not have to be one or the other, but the mate bond can become so strong, I could become weak once again, I have spent so many years building this pack up the be the strongest it can be, we are so close to becoming stronger than any pack there has been, we are so close I cannot stop now."

A single tear slid down Amora's cheek as Epiales moved around to lean against his desk, his hands resting on the dark wood as his head hung low.

"You sound crazy Epiales, every Alpha wants power but this- this is too far, denying the mate bond, torturing us, for power? I am not here just for you to use."

"Amora, I think you should go to your room," Epiales croaked, "please, I will come get you in the morning and we will talk."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7M 332K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...
22.7K 1.4K 24
***COMPLETE*** THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK I EVER WROTE SO ITS RUBISH I SUGGEST READING MY MORE RECENT BOOKS THEN READ THIS ONE TO SEE HOW I HAVE IMPROVED...
362K 16.9K 37
Grace did everything she could to separate herself from the supernatural world. Little did she know, one moment of weakness would destroy all of her...
235K 6.5K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...