1. Amberstone | βœ“

By chrltt-t

❝𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒂 π’Šπ’π’„π’π’Šπ’π’‚π’π’•, 𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒏𝒐𝒏 π’π’ƒπ’π’Šπ’ˆπ’‚π’π’•.❞ (the stars incline us, they do not bind us... More

Author's Notes
1. The Truth about Prophecies
2. Their Birth
3. Her Fate
4. Jason Wayland
5. Eight Years Later
6. Mother?
7. You Will Return It All
8. Prince of Iftia
9. The Girl with Amber Eyes
10. New Moon
11. The Queen's Plan
12. Lylia
13. Jason
14. Nadia
15. It Hurts
16. The House in the Mountains
17. The Execution
18. Elianna's Gift
19. First Meeting, Ten Years Later
20. Eli
21. His Nightmare, Her Lullaby
22. I Don't Sleep At Night
23. A Vow of Vengeance
24. Rowan's Knights
25. Iftia
26. Royal Doctor
27. First Day in Iftia
28. Royal Medical Exam
30. Medical Records
31. Please Don't Cry
32. Second Prince of Ifita
33. Nvre Palace
34. Haunting Nightmares
35. Thethia's Visit
36. Jealousy
37. Distance
38. Crystal Clear
39. In the Shadows
40. Stay with Me
41. Elizabeth
42. Those Eyes
43. Heartfelt Feelings
44. Rivian Crisis
45. Truth Be Told
46. The Border
47. Fever
48. Part of the Plan
48.5. Veilstein Manor

29. Moonshine

10.3K 641 161
By chrltt-t

Iftia: Lyx Palace, Dining Hall

Elianna

"Sweetie, won't you sit down?" Alec asked.

Elianna had been pacing the room ever since Kaylon told her that Ilias had gone to the Royal Medical Department to receive her exam results. Even when she felt confident of her own answers to the essays, the ideas that she put forth haven't been acknowledged by the royal scholars. The suspense was killing her right now and she just hoped that Ilias would arrive at the dining hall right at this moment to announce her results. 

"I'm sure you did fine," Tristan smiled as he got up from his seat and approached her. He placed his hands on her shoulders, attempting to stop her from taking another step. 

"Tristan." 

A warning voice sounded, following the quiet creak of the door opening. Elianna felt Tristan flinched a little before he removed his hands off her and stared towards the door. Without turning her head, she recognised the voice as Rowan and immediately dashed across the dining hall and in the direction of Rowan and Ilias. She rushed, "How did I do?" 

She must've been too nervous to realise that her entire body was almost clinging onto Rowan until he gently pried her hands off his arm. Her face heated and she quickly released the hands that were clutching onto his sleeves. While she tried to pull her arms back, he quickly caught her hand and held onto it firmly. He laughed deeply, "You did amazing, love." 

It was as though she was afraid that she heard him wrongly that she had to check, "Say again?" 

"You did amazing, Eli," he chuckled, raising his other hand to pat the top of her head. "Professor Hamley had visited a moment ago, requesting for you to report to the Royal Medical Department tomorrow and meet him once you've registered yourself as a medical official." 

"Really?" she gasped. 

Beside Rowan, Ilias gave her a slight smile, "Yes, Elianna. Congratulations." 

A confirmation from Ilias was all she needed to feel grounded at the reality of everything. Everyone cheered for her and she giggled in excitement for passing the first exams in her life. When she turned towards Rowan, he seemed as though he had something to say but when she was about to ask about it, he had brushed that intention off. He only said, "Enjoy your achievements, love. Let's all have a good dinner." 

Over dinner, Alec raised his glass, "This calls for a celebration!" 

Elianna wasn't sure what Alec meant but she nodded excitedly, thinking that it would be fun to share her joy with everyone. Suddenly, a hand landed on her arm and she turned to look at Rowan when he checked, "Eli, how old are you?" 

"I turned nineteen this spring, is there a matter?" Elianna dropped her head to the side, supposedly unsure why Rowan would be curious about her age all of the sudden. 

"That's even better!!" Alec shrieked in excitement.

Everyone at the table laughed joyously but Rowan was the only one who sighed. He directed his gaze towards Alec and cautioned, "Everything in moderation, understood?" 

"Of course," Alec laughed. "We'll take good care of her." 

Elianna continued the meal, feeling confused about what Rowan meant by moderation and what Alec meant by celebration. Either way, she was sure that it would be alright as long as she was with them. The atmosphere over dinner was pleasant and everyone had their fill before they returned to their bedchamber and Alec told everyone to meet at the receiving room in an hour time. When she saw Thunder on the couch when she entered and she squealed in excitement, "Thunder, I passed!" 

The panther pushed himself up and looked at her, purring with a click of his tongue as though trying to say, you're so noisy. Elianna didn't care as she jumped on him and wrapped her arms around the big cat. He rested his head on her shoulder without any more complaints and Elianna asked, "Do you want to go with me to celebrate with the rest?" 

Thunder shook his head, tilting his head towards the area in her bedchamber where Rowan had carved a magic circle for her to return to Thethia anytime. She followed his gaze and asked, "You're going to Thethia again?" 

The panther nodded and when the mood suddenly became a little heavier than before, he licked the side of her face to tickle her. He was trying to tell her, it's okay. She pulled a smile and brushed her hand through his soft, dark fur. Exhaling a sigh, she mentioned, "Everyone's waiting for me, I shall get going now. Stay safe, Thunder." 

Everyone was already in the receiving room when Elianna entered and she saw that they brought along some glasses and crystal bottles. The clear contents inside those crystal bottles resembled water and it kept her wondering what they were trying to do. Regardless, she settled herself in their circle and Tristan began filling up several glasses and handing them out. Elianna reached to take one. Noticing that there was one glass that was left empty, she asked, "Where did Rowan go?" 

"Rowan had an official matter to attend to, he'll be here once he's done," Ilias replied. 

"Ah, thank you for telling me," she replied and unsure why was it that she felt slightly disappointed that he wasn't around. 

Everyone raised the glass in their hand, a loud clank sounded when the glasses came into contact and a joyous cheer followed. Alec glanced towards her and said, "Sweetie, you've got to finish this in one single gulp alright?" 

"Alright!" she nodded.

"Okay, bottoms up everyone!" Alec exclaimed.

Everyone tipped their glasses and emptied the contents.

The water was like liquid fire, burning its entire path down her throat and into her stomach. She grimaced, "Whoa!"

"How do you feel?" Kaylon asked, curious.

"It burns!" she complained and the knights broke into a laughing fit.

Everyone went on with their next few glasses, but they made sure that she drank in moderation. She wasn't sure why the first drink already got her feeling light-headed, she wasn't too sure if she had a few more later but she was already lying on the couch, on her side while cuddling an empty crystal bottle to her chest. Elianna felt a little lightweight, "Alec, what am I drinking?" 

"Moonshine," Alec replied. "You doing okay?"

"I feel GREEAAAATTT!"

━━━━━━━━━━

Iftia: Lyx Palace, Study

Rowan

"Your Highness, I will take my leave now," The Royal Secretariat bowed as he made his way out of the study. Rowan waited impatiently for the old man to leave his study. Finally gone.

Rowan tidied up his documents and left hastily for the cabinet room. He wanted to run there but it would be inappropriate. He wanted to teleport there but casting a portal would take some time. So, he walked briskly, hoping that he could reach the receiving room in a blink. The stood outside and slammed the door open when he entered, pushing the door a little harder than he wanted to. At the sudden sound, his knights jumped and all of them turned sharply towards the door to stare at him. All of their expressions on their faces were indiscernible and he wondered, "Is she okay?" 

Silence prevailed and no one dared to say anything. Rowan strode across the room to the couch where his knights stared at. Elianna mumbled something that caused Kaylon to tense and his throat worked on a hard swallow. Rowan didn't catch her at first but she repeated herself with a hiccup, "Kaylon, one more glass—" 

Rowan didn't want to spoil their celebration since it was a happy occasion and it had been a while since his knights got to let loose and enjoy themselves. He only checked, "How much did you guys drink?" 

"2 bottles," Ilias was the only one who dared to reply.

"How much did she drink?"

"2 glasses."

A sudden chuckle came out of Rowan and everyone in the room heaved the heaviest sigh of relief they could ever find in themselves. He tried to get the bottle out of Elianna's grasp, but she tightened her hold onto it, "Thunder, stop it."

Rowan raised his brows, finding it amusing that she is acting like a child at the moment. He made a second attempt at the bottle and cooed, "Eli, I'll bring you back to rest." 

A frown pulled on Elianna's mouth. "Don't take it away."

"Eli," he chuckled.

The lady laying on the couch raised her head, glaring towards the person who was trying to take the bottle away from her. The amber in her eyes was sharp at first but gleamed the moment their gaze met and she grinned adorably, "Rowan?" 

He leaned down and placed an open palm in front of her, requesting softly, "Will you give the bottle to me, love?" 

Elianna nodded and handed the crystal bottle over happily. The supposedly cold crystal bottle was wrapped with her warmth and he laughed, not knowing how long this lady had hugged onto it for it to be this warm. Rowan took it from her and passed it to Alec who was sitting beside her. Then, he reached his hand out towards her, "Let me bring you back." 

The lady didn't take his hand. Instead, she wrapped her arms around his neck and held him tightly towards her. Rowan was stunned at first but he put an arm under her knees and another firmly around her waist before he lifted her off the couch. He left a line for his knights, "I'm going to take her back. Don't drink too much." 

"Do we get tomorrow morning off?"

"No."

Rowan left the receiving room, carrying Elianna in his arms. They walked down the dimmed hallway leading towards her bedchamber. She rested obediently in his arms and a string of incomprehensible words left her lips in soft murmurs. But he caught his name against her voice, "Rowan—" 

"What is it?" he asked softly.

"I didn't know people can drink moonshine."

"That's the name of the drink," he laughed.

"I want another glass."

"No more for tonight, Eli."

She mumbled his name again, "Rowan—" 

"What is it, love?" he responded gently.

Elianna moved slightly in his hold to face him and her amber-coloured eyes stared at him intensely. The hallway was dim, but her eyes glowed in a beautiful shade of gold. She looked at though she had something to say and he couldn't figure out all the intricate thoughts that danced in the light of her eyes. Before he could ask her why she had looked at him in that manner, the lady leaned forward and sealed her lips against his. His feet halted to a complete stop immediately and he looked towards her with widened eyes. 

The kiss was brief, but her lips were incredibly soft and sweet against his. She giggled softly and lay back down, burying her head in his chest. 

Rowan stood still, unable to move. He came to the realisation that he was caught unguarded and heat has already crept up to his face. Damn.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

394 122 14
"Losing my crown and title cannot stop me. Leigh, I must do this. For justice. For Emilia." Princess Elilia twin to Princess Emilia watches her siste...
629 71 20
"Why?" A painful whisper escapes my mouth. My vision keeps disappearing from the corners of my eyes. I can't hear the loud thunders of this stormy n...
2.3K 261 26
Seventeen-year-old Lucy Owens is struggling. It's been two years since the death of her parents, but she just can't seem to get a handle on life with...
609K 20.2K 57
"Are you sure you're one of the girls? You seem like a spy to me. Are you spy, Arabella?" My name rolled of his tongue perfectly and I stood complete...