𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐂, 𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐚...

بواسطة venuslore

In which the small town of Hawkins is in immediate danger and it's up to Summer Bradshaw and her friends to... المزيد

introduction
playlist
chapter one; the internship
chapter two; welcome home
chapter three; material girls
chapter four; we could be heroes
chapter five; not so secret
chapter six; cracked the code
chapter seven; operation child endagerment
chapter eight; russian elevators
chapter nine; the truth
chapter ten; the russian vs harrington
chapter twelve; confessions
chapter thirteen; interrogations
chapter fourteen; the escape
chapter fifteen; secret's out
chapter sixteen; an angel
chapter seventeen; resuscitation
chapter eighteen; car trouble
chapter nineteen; the itch
chapter twenty; at what cost
chapter twenty-one; the aftermath
chapter twenty-two; the last goodbye

chapter eleven; the plan

7.2K 244 44
بواسطة venuslore

꒰꒰・┄┄・𓆩♡𓆪・┄┄・꒱꒱

"STOP, PLEASE!" Summer pleads, her voice hoarse and knuckles split with blood as she bangs against the door. She heaves a sigh, letting out a few ragged breaths and softly rests her head against the cool metal. It was hard trying to keep calm when all she could hear were the violent groans coming from her boyfriend's mouth as the soldiers laid into him in the next room.

It was killing Summer having to listen to the pain and torture the boy was enduring all whilst she hadn't so much as a scratch beside the self-inflicted cuts across the back of her hands.

There were times when the room would go silent and she'd get her hopes up thinking it was over only for it to continue on a few seconds later. Steve was strong, Summer knew that, hell he'd singlehandedly fought off monsters from another dimension, but being wailed on by multiple professionally trained Russian soldiers was far different than any of the fights he'd encountered before.

As Summer peels herself away from the wall and prepares to hit it again, a loud beeping sound goes off and the main door opens up revealing two guards. They step inside, pulling along Robin, frustration and anger radiating off of her as she fights against their hold. An array of curse words leave her mouth, which seems to annoy the men and in retaliation, they harshly throw her to the ground.

Summer watches as Robin tumbles across the floor and races to help her. Guiding her to sit up and as she tries to remove the restraints from around the girl's wrists the guards start barking orders at her. They gesture for her to move away, using their guns in a threatening manner, and when she does they fasten a pair of leather cuffs around her wrists too.

In doing so Robin sees the bloody mess that Summer's knuckles had become and though the blonde doesn't say anything her gawking eyes don't go by unnoticed. Summer heaves a sign and nods toward the side door where some of her blood had smeared across the metal in her failed attempts to break through.

"Steve's in there." She pauses for a second. "What about you? Are you okay?"

"Well, other than the shitty hospitality, yeah, I'm fine." Robin huffs at the same time a loud groan is heard followed by dead silence. "Is that..."

Summer nods, a sombre expression casting across her face and her head sinks down, lip trembling slightly. "It's been going on for hours."

"Hey, he's going to be okay." Her voice is a hushed tone as she tries to reassure the brunette. "He pinky swore that we were getting out of here together, no matter what, remember?"

The ghost of a smile graces Summer's lips but it's gone just as fast as it had appeared, her expression faltering as the side door finally begins to open. The girls' attention immediately falls onto the unconscious boy being dragged carelessly towards them.

Steve's head drooped between his shoulders as blood covered his now swollen face, crimson droplets falling onto the white collar of his Scoops Ahoy shirt. His hair was a dishevelled mess, sweat soaking the chocolate brown locks and causing them to curl. They watch in horror as he's roughly thrown to the ground, his body limp from the state he was in.

"Steve? Steve! Baby, please wake up!" Summer cries out, struggling to get to him with her new restraints, but there's no response from him at all. "What did you do to him? WHAT DID YOU DO?" She screams at the shorter man adorning a slightly different uniform to the other guards, though she hadn't really noticed at the time, and out of nowhere the back of his hand collides with the side of her face.

"WHAT THE HELL!" Robin shouts and tries to shuffle towards her but is grabbed by guards before she can.

A seething pain instantly starts emanating through Summer's cheek and as she writhes in pain for a moment, the shock of the blow consuming her, she too is grabbed by guards. Though while Robin gets tied to the cabinet against the back wall with her arms dangling above her aimlessly, Summer is forced into a chair.

One guard begins wrapping a rope around her body while another picks Steve up and shoves him into a chair behind her, their backs against one another as they're bound together.

"Get your hands off of him! Get away! Don't touch him!" Summer snarls, tears brimming her eyes and the ropes dig into her chest as she pulls against them.

The shorter Russian man, the officer of this whole operation they were running, slowly paces in front of her. A pleased smirk on his face as he stares down the now contained brunette and clicks his tongue a couple of times. There was nothing Summer hated more than an entitled male. Especially after her experience with Billy the year prior.

"Steve? Come on, please, wake up." She pleads once more, throwing her head back in frustration.

"I think your friend needs a doctor." The officer says the first English words she'd heard from any of the Russian men leaving his mouth. "Good thing... we have the very best."

The anger building up inside of Summer becomes too much for her to handle and she spits in the man's face, a decision she knew would have consequences, but she needed to show that she wasn't scared of them. And that she wouldn't stop fighting.

With a disgusted grunt, he wipes away her saliva and leans in closer. "You are going to regret that, bitch." And for the second time, the back of his hand meets her face, sending her head to the side in a fast motion.

"You bastard! Get away from her!" Robin shouts and tries to pull free of the ropes binding her hands to the cabinet.

There was no doubt that the second hit would leave a mark, and as the taste of blood enters Summer's mouth, she knows she's right.

Satisfied with himself the officer exits the room, guards following close behind and leaving the two girls to their own devices. Immediately they try to set themselves free but there was no hope of doing so without any help. The bindings were far stronger than they looked and practically impossible to get off.

Out of pure frustration, Robin begins to shout for help, not that she really believed anyone was going to hear them. All the while Summer was scanning the room vigorously for anything they could use to get out when she spots a pair of scissors on the table next to where Robin was sitting. She didn't want to get her hopes up but it was exactly what they needed to escape and find the others. The only problem; they were out of reach.

"HELP! ANYONE, PLEASE HELP US!" Robin shouts one last time, growing more impatient by the second and angrily yanks her hands down at the rope, but just like every other time it doesn't budge.

"Hey, would you stop yelling?" A voice mumbles, catching both girls off guard but instantly filling them with relief.

Summer lets out a small gasp, grateful to hear the voice of her boyfriend even if it was possibly for the last time. "You had me so worried. Are you okay?" She sniffles.

His head wobbles a little, still stirring from his unconscious state. "My ears are ringing and I can't really breathe, my eye feels like it's about to pop out of my skull but, you know, apart from that, I'm doing pretty good." He widens his eyes in an attempt to wake himself up properly as a soft laugh musters from the two girls, glad that the brunet was okay. "Wait, I heard screaming. Sum... please tell-"

"Oh, my god, no, I'm fine." She semi-lies in an attempt to keep him calm and rests her head against the back of his shoulder. "I was screaming for them to stop hurting you."

He closes his eyes for a second as a wave of guilt washes over him, though he had no reason at all to feel at fault for her panicking, and when he opens them he sees the smeared blood on the door. "Is that... your blood?"

"Yeah, note to self.... don't try to beat down a thick metal door with nothing but your bare hands." She lets out a soft laugh.

Robin's eyes dart between the couple, watching the conversation unfold and waiting to hear whether or not Summer was going to tell Steve what the Officer had done to her. Either way, he was going to know the second he saw the cut on her lip and the bruise forming around it.

"Summer..." Steve sighs. It was rare that he used her full name as opposed to her nickname and that set her on edge a little.

"I'm fine, I promise, okay?"

"Did they touch you?" He presses.

Summer heaves a sigh, she wasn't even sure why she was so afraid of telling Steve that they had but he was going to find out anyway. "When they brought you in I started shouting at them and that little officer guy backhanded me. And then again after I spit in his face."

"Fuck, Sum." He grits his teeth. "You can't - you need to be careful."

"I was just - I was trying - I had to protect you." The boy falls silent. It was endearing to know she'd risked getting severely hurt to protect him but he was worried that they'd retaliate even further and hurt her worse.

"I'm fine, by the way, a few shoves and scrapes on the knees, but I'm fine." Robin tries to break the ice and succeeds as both Summer and Steve smile at the girl.

Steve wasn't all that worried about himself and though his main priority was Summer's safety and whether or not the foreign men had hurt the girl he loved he, of course, was still worried about the wellbeing of his quirky new friend as well. He manages to turn his head enough to see the blonde tied up on the floor next to them, ignoring the agonising thumping as he does so.

"Also, the good news is that they're calling you a doctor." Robin chuckles from the floor beside them.

"Is this his place of work? I love the vibe. Charming." The boy says as he takes in their surroundings, wincing from the small laugh that escapes his lips.

"Hey, Steve, you see that table over there to your right?" Summer gestures in the direction of said table but the brunet turns the other way mistakenly. "No, your other right, babe. And you see those scissors?" He hums in response.

"Wait, there's scissors?" Robin shoots up, her posture straightening with hope.

"Yeah. I'm thinking that if we move at the same time, we could get over there." Summer reveals her plan and the other two nod in agreement.

"I can kick the table and knock them into Steve's lap," Robin adds, earning approval from the couple.

"And I can cut the binds," Steve says proudly before letting out an amused sigh. "Those morons. They left scissors in here?"

"Okay, ready, on the count of three, we're gonna hop." Summer instructs her boyfriend and the two ready themselves.

"Hop on three, good, we've got this." He encourages.

"All right. One, two, three."

Robin watches with anticipation as the two of them smoothly hop closer to the table, landing with a bang but nothing loud enough to startle the guards outside and a sigh of relief escapes her. Summer revels in their accomplishment for a second before they hop again, getting even closer to the table. Closer to getting out of the hell hole they were in.

"Holy shit, this is gonna work! You've got this!" She lends them her support as they ready themselves once more.

"One, two, three!" The couple says in unison but it seems that they celebrated too early because rather than hopping closer to the table the two of them fall to the floor with a thud, letting out an array of groans as they writhe in pain.

"We almost had it." Summer says through gritted teeth, disappointed in herself and hits her head on the floor out of anger, a range of curse words following right after.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

30 10 12
steve harrington finally realizes he loves his best friend but neither of them will admit it steve harrington x oc
Pretty Boy بواسطة mel

قصص الهواة

343 17 19
~COMPLETED~ RJ Mayfield is spending her summer working at a bookstore in the new Starcourt mall. Suddenly, her simple summer gets turned upside down...
9.1K 105 23
ashlee wheeler finally comes home but the small town of hawkins has changed completely. when a string of teens turn up dead she is desperate to find...
4.2M 108K 61
❝ the wires got the best of him ❞ s. harrington x henderson!oc stranger things seasons two, three, and four lowercase intended © hollywillow- - award...