Five Little Sacrifices

By Veikari

Continuation for my first book Waiting for My Mate, I recommend to read that one first so this one makes more... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107

Chapter 31

620 30 17
By Veikari

Freed looked at the clock on the wall. Almost noon. Only few minutes left. He had to be honest, he really was getting nervous. This wasn't just any ceremony, but his and Laxus' wedding. It was... Still so unbelievable to even think! It just felt like he might wake up at any moment and everything – everything! - had been just a big dream. A wonderful dream that would leave him heartbroken in a moment when he would wake up.

Freed jolted when a big hand touched his shoulder and he looked at Laxus. The blond man smiled slightly, as if he could see right through what was going on in his mind. He gave Freed a slight nod, like with only that he was saying "I know, I feel the same but this is true. All of it."

Freed smiled and he nodded as well. This was their moment. In front of their guild, their family, they would make promises to always love, respect and trust each other. They were already a team, best friends, partners, soulmates, parents, family and now they would be husbands as well.

The rune mage looked around as they were standing near the doors. All the tables had been removed beside the walls and were full of all kinds of amazing foods and drinks. It was really a handful of trouble to keep Natsu away from all of that. All the chairs were assembled in the middle of the Hall, facing towards the platform made by Gajeel with his iron magic. It was amazing how detailed and even delicate looking carvings there were, since when you saw Gajeel you wouldn't exactly imagine him being much of a sculptor. But still, the platform was incredible and the top of it was covered with hoarfrost made by Jish-Ahrna.

Freed smiled when looking at the demons who had joined them as well, sitting on their own seats and Jish-Ahrna was enjoying the warmth of the fireplace. One by one, as the clock ticked on towards twelve o'clock they all found their places and sat down talking with each other. Evergreen was still making sure of the last things, Felix was sitting and waiting for his turn to bring the rings, Chester was sitting with Cana, Roxanne and Roscoe, Bickslow was pigging while eating a piece of pie he had managed to snatch from the table... Even Porlyusica was there, sitting on a chair at the backseats and it was really surprising. No one could have believed she would actually come.

Freed inhaled deep and tried to calm himself. He was nervous, he couldn't help it. And as he glanced towards Laxus, he could see how his jaw was clenched and as his arms were crossed over his barrel chest covered by the black suit, his index finger kept tapping against his arm.

Surprisingly, it was somewhat calming to see that Freed wasn't the only one nervous here.

The clock on the wall let out a click and it was followed by loud gongs as it hit noon. Everyone went silent and turned to look towards the platform where Makarov walked on. The old man looked around, happy to see his kids here to celebrate this occassion.

He smiled brightly to all of them.

"There are no words for how happy I am right now", he announced. "Not only is the Hall so beautifully decorated but for what occassion! To celebrate a ceremony that will join two of our members together!"

Others cheered loudly and Freed chuckled. Of course Makarov couldn't resist of making a speech.

"And it makes me even more happy that one of those two members is my own grandson", Makarov smiled fondly and Laxus grumbled something. "It just... Fills me with joy... That I could actually live long enough to see this day..." the old master of Fairy Tail stuttered as his eyes started to fill with tears and Laxus sighed.

"Geezer..." he grunted and Freed hold back a laugh.

"Ahem, anyway", Makarov said after wiping tears from his eyes and he cleared his throath. "Let's begin the ceremony", he announced and everybody turned to look towards Freed and Laxus.

The rune mage smiled looking at his Thunder God who was now clearly nervous. This was it.

They looked at each other, smiled and was about to take each others hands to walk through the aisle, when suddenly Laxus flinched and he turned towards the doors. Alerted by this, Freed did the same and others moved so they would be ready to defend the guild if there was an attacker.

"Ohey-Oo! And a bottle of rum!" they heard a distant singing from outside. "Or how did it go...? And a bottle of rum!"

"Seriously...?" Laxus pouted annoyed as they all recognized the voice and the owner of it was obviously drunk.

"A bottle of rum that is brought by a damsel, she has a mighty softy bum and gigantic round – Yo-ho-hoo!" Gildarts hollered as he shoved the doors open. "Or something like that", he laughed loudly while slightly swaying.

For a moment there was a complete silence until it was cut by a hiccup and Gildarts peered down at the bottom of the bottle he was holding, tried to get the last drops and came to a conclusion it in fact was empty. After that he finally looked more around noticing all the fancy clothes, beautiful decorations and such.

"Sorry, wrong guild house", he said turning around and almost tripped over.

"Old man!" Cana shouted both surprised and embarrassed because of such an enter.

"Huh? Cana! My little girl!" Gildarts shouted happily. "How have you been? It's been such a loooong time!"

"It's your fault, not mine", Cana said coming over and grabbed the empty bottle from his father.

"I'm sorry my little sweetheart", the old man sighed and grabbed Cana into a hug – or more like just leaned against her. "Why does this place look so different?"

"Because it's Laxus and Freed's wedding!" Cana shouted trying to hold the man with a dark cape up while others were laughing.

"Oh right, I did get a note about them getting married, that's why I was hurrying back here! So there's gonna be a party after it, right? More booze? I already bought some rum – Hey, where did my rum go?"

"Only thing you need is a kick in the ass. Bicks", Cana said and the seith mage came over.

"Up we go", he smirked lifting Gildarts arm over his shoulder and keeping him on his feet.

"Hey, it's Bickslow", Gildarts laughed looking at the tall man. "You know, it has been a few years since we saw last time and I have finally accepted the fact that you and Cana are dating... And I still don't like you."

"Love you too, baby", Bickslow cackled.

"I'm so sorry about this", Cana apologized when turning towards Laxus and Freed. "But seriously, no one could have guessed that this old drunkard might appear right when the ceremony is supposed to start."

"That's alright", Freed smiled reassuringly. "At least now even Gildarts is back home, we are all here."

"That's true", Laxus said looking how Bickslow helped Gildarts to find a seat and of course there were lots of questions about where he had been and such. "Actually, it was even better that he appeared like that."

"It was?" Cana asked confused.

"Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I was getting nervous as hell because of all the waiting and hassle, everone staring us and now things feel more relaxed again."

"What are you babbling there?" Ever suddenly snapped as she stepped beside them. "Everybody back to their places!"

For a moment there were lots of noises around as everybody went back to their places and finally the ceremony could start again. Freed felt how his feet were trembling as he took steps just beside Laxus and they walked through the aisle.

Makarov welcomed them up in the platform made out of iron, everybody's attention on them. It felt really odd, at least for Freed. He was used to that where ever they would go, people would stare Laxus and it was a fact that when they noticed Laxus, they didn't really pay attention to Freed and others. It didn't bother them, it actually sometimes made things easier for them. It worked like a trick, Laxus would act as a decoy and keeping the attention so the Thunder Legion could sneak around and no one would notice.

This time they were both stared just as much. Then again, this was a really special situation so no wonder. Freed smiled when he looked at Makarov, who smiled brightly to them both.

"Remember, you promised to keep it short", Laxus murmured so only they could hear it.

"I know, brat", Makarov said and he again cleared his throat. "Okay! So as you all know we have arranged this ceremony to celebrate this magnificent day when not only one, but two of our fellow guild mates will step into a holy matrimony. This is a rare occassion indeed and we couldn't be more happier for you two", he smiled to Freed and Laxus. "We will always wish you happiness and love."

Ever moved her hand and Felix almost jumped up. He climbed up on the platform and gave a box for Makarov, who opened it and took out two golden rings. They were old and battered, but full of great meaning as they were the same ones he had once used with his wife. Now as he didn't need them anymore, it filled him with joy and happiness as he could give them to his grandson and the person he loved so deeply.

"Thank you, Felix", he smiled and Felix quickly escaped the situation as he felt so nervous and embarrassed because all the stares. He just sat down with Roxanne and others, glad that he didn't need to stay up there longer. "Alright, once I give you these rings you will say what you want to say and exchange rings", he explained. "Laxus, you start", he said and gave a ring for the tall blond man.

Laxus silently gulped and took the smaller ring. Of course they had made sure they would fit so at least there wouldn't be an embarrassing moment to realize their rings didn't even fit for them. He looked at the old surface of the ring, how the darkness of pure gold was so intimidating yet still warm. It would always make sure they would never forget that they were not alone.

"Okay..." Laxus finally said and he was nervous again. This was probably the hardest part of this whole ceremony! He had been thinking it for days what the hell he should say but he just wasn't good with words! "You know I'm no good at making some poetic shit, Freed. Well, that's one of the reasons I love you", he smiled. "With you I don't need to pretend, act or anything. I can just be myself. When I feel like I'm falling, you make sure I can keep on standing. When we're against enemies, I always know I don't have to worry about what's happening behind me because I know you're there and will take care of things. And I will do that all for you as well, I promise that", Laxus said as he took Freed's hand and with shaking fingers he slid the ring on the slender finger. "I will always guard your back, Freed. No matter what."

"Laxus..." Freed gasped and he was almost ready to cry. It wasn't helping that he could hear sniffles from the crowd.

He just forced the tears away and took the ring Makarov was offering. He lifted Laxus' hand and he could feel how it was trembling. Or was it his hand that was trembling?

"Laxus... I seriously could have never believed this day would actually come true", he said after calming himself. "It wasn't mutual love at first", he smiled. "And for a longest time I was sure I was doomed to live my life with loving a man I could possibly never get."

Laxus felt a slight twinge of guilt, but he understood it wasn't his fault that Freed had been hurting. He had learned about Freed's feelings much later and that way started to question what he himself felt.

"I had accepted that fully", Freed assured. "I knew I would only hurt myself, but I couldn't bear a thought of not staying beside you, even if you would never understand my feelings. Even if you would hate me because of my feelings. I was never trying to pressure you to love me, I would rather die that try to force you to do something like that. For us to actually stand here, exchanging rings, promising things to each other... It's like a dream", the rune mage smiled looking at those orange eyes. "For me, it's like a miracle. You're the only man I love, Laxus. I will follow you even to the depths of hell and as long as I live, I will make sure you can keep going forwards and don't need to worry about defending your back. I will do that for you."

Laxus smiled softly looking at those turquoise eyes as Freed slipped the ring on his finger. That man was amazing. How come he could get so lucky that he could find Freed?

"Those were beautiful words, both of you", Makarov smiled warmly. "We could all hear how much you love and respect each other. Okay, so is there anyone here who has something against this marriage?" he asked looking around.

Freed chuckled as he saw Evergreen scanning thought the Hall with her glare, ready to turn anyone who would say something into a stone statues.

"Well then, I guess there's nothing more left than announce that with the power as a former guild master, I announce you two married", Makarov smirked and the Hall was filled with loud cheers, stomping feet against the floor, whistles, yelling and shouting.

Freed smiled looking at Laxus who looked back.

"Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!" others yelled loudly and that made them laugh. They leaned towards each other, lips touching and with that sweet kiss everything was sealed. Everyone jumped up from their seats, all happy for their friends.

"We went through so much annoying things and hurried everything for just this small moment", Laxus chuckled. "Feels stupid, but guess it's all worth it."

"It is", Freed nodded happily and they turned towards others.

"It's finally time for the battle!" Natsu howled excitedly and others accompanied him.

"Battle?" Roscoe asked confused.

"It's a tradition in Fairy Tail", Evergreen explained with a smile as they looked how Laxus and Freed walked past the chairs together, towards the big front doors. "Those who get married and they both belong to Fairy Tail should have a battle after the ceremony. To prove that they indeed are compatible and that they trust each other. There won't be fighting until other one can't continue, but testing each other and their limits, as well as their trust that their spouse will never hurt them so badly they can't get up."

"That's so... Fairy Tail", Roscoe snorted and he followed after the others, as they were all heading outside to see the battle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 593 35
It all started with a stupid spell. Lucy and Levy were creating a fun new spell but they accidentally cast the spell on a certain green haired rune m...
243K 5.4K 24
{Completed} Laxus has always been your first love, he is the one that saved you after all. You've been dating for 8 years but your relationship has b...
1.5K 104 147
[PLEASE READ ALL OF THE CHAPTERS AND LOVE STORIES IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER (no skipping anything)] This collection features imaginative love stories ce...
41.4K 1K 33
He's just a shy, green haired kid who comes across a guildhall in Magnolia. Not much is known about his past, and not many people try to question it...