Discover (Completed)

By pettibratz

India Manory thinks life in Queens, New York will never change. It's the same routine, same bullshit she has... More

Characters
1. Cheetah
2. Troubled Waters
3. Side Nigga
4. All I Want
5. You Like That
6. Come Together
7. You Like
8. Reddi Whip
9. Natural Disaster
10. Other Niggas
11. On Me
12. Enemy
13. No Exit
14. Run Away
15. Tough Love
16. Zero
17. Little More (Royalty)
18. Do Better
19. Blow It In The Wind
20. Same Sh*t
21. Autumn Leaves
22. Get Off
23. Secret
24. Don't Slow Me Down
25. No Guidance
26. Burgundy
27. Under the Influence
28. Tell Me How You Feel
29. Technology
30. Flashbacks
31. See You Around
32. Don't Be Gone Too Long
33. All On Me
34. Let Sh*t Go
35. Nowhere
36. Mirage
37. Proof
38. Yellow Tape
40. Desperado
41. Stereotype
42. Everybody Knows
43. Girl of My Dreams
44. Day One
45. With You
46. Only 4 Me
47. Discover
Tough Love
Sequel?
48. Epilogue

39. X

1.9K 103 11
By pettibratz

I keep my secrets in a safehouse, better if I don't speak
Devil's tryna tempt me, they just outline my shape out
Place me at the crime scene
I can see from this high up, you ain't got a heart girl
Privacy is for the cheater obviously you're deceiving
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
India
"Ms. Manory, somebody is here to see you." One of the guards informed me, opening my holding cell so I could leave. He stepped to the side as I gave him a glare and walked past me.

I entered the cold, enclosed room to see Karin sitting at the table. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't Chris, but I know if he came I would have just told him to leave. It's still the thought that counts.

"What you got for me?" I licked my lips and looked at the lady who was sitting beside her.

"Well, I got you a lawyer. India, I want you to meet Paria Spencer, she got your case approved for the court of law." Karin motioned to the lady who had an emotionless expression on her face.

"Karin put me up to date on the gist of your story. You were in LA, you got kidnapped by your two ex boyfriends, along with your boyfriend's ex girlfriend. You were held hostage, beaten, and raped countless times. As an escape mechanism, you killed the both of them. Anything I'm missing?" Paria clicked her pen over and over chewing on her lip. I pondered on the question for a moment, before shaking my head.

"When is my court date?" I asked.

"May 1st. That gives Teaira 2 weeks to get a lawyer and prepare her case."

"I wasn't given time to prepare my case when they put me in those damn cuffs." I muttered loud enough for the both of them to hear.

"That's why I'm here. Those cuffs aren't going back on you. I'll make sure of it." Paria reassured me.

"I like you." I nodded.

"Karin said the same thing." Paria mumbled causing Karin to nudge her. I raised an eyebrow before I caught on.

"Oh, y'all are nasty." I shook my head while chuckling.

"It was a one time thing. I haven't had any in months." Karin brushed off the idea of the two of them being each other's booty calls.

"It was a one time thing, huh?" Paria said while staring intently into the side of Karin's face. I'm guessing she felt the hole begin to engrave itself in her skin, since her dark caramel complexion became tomato red.

"A-Anyways, you gonna be okay in here?"

"Do I really have a choice?"

"I'll take that as a yes." Karin cleared her throat.

"Time's up." The guard opened the door, motioning for the two of them to leave. Karin rolled her eyes and stood up, along with Paria.

"Oh, and one more thing," She stopped in her tracks and turned back around to face me. "Chris said when you get back, he's gonna fuck the attitude outta you." Karin winked before leaving. I remained unmoved, feeling just a bashful as she did a moment ago.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Teaira
"She wants to take this to court?!" I exclaimed as I read the two weeks notice about my court date.

"I thought they already found her fingerprints on the bodies. She's just going to get found guilty, I don't understand the point." Kianna read the note alongside me.

"I'm guessing she wants to tell the rest of the story. You know, what supposedly led up to the murder." I exhaled deeply and slumped back on my couch.

"Shit, we're in deep trouble." Kianna rubbed her temples.

"Well, they have no proof that we were in on it."

"They can check like phone records and stuff." She argued.

"Even if stuff is deleted?" I sat up.

"I think so. You didn't leave me any voicemails or anything right?"

"No, I don't think so. You?" She looked off for a second, trying to ponder on it.

"Please don't tell me-" Before I could finish my sentence there was a pounding at the door. I took a wary glance at Kianna before standing up and going to the door. Opening it, I saw the sheriff standing there.

"To what pleasure do I owe you this?" I batted my eyelashes.

"I just need to ask you a few questions, if that's alright. Bring your cellphone with you too." I turned around and looked at Kianna, who's face showed me that there was something to be worried about. I cursed under my breath and reached in my pocket, handing him my phone. He took it and put it in a plastic bag, before putting cuffs on the both of my wrists.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Chris
"How did it go? Is she okay?" I stood up as Karin barged into the house.

"Yeah, it went okay. That's not what's important right now. Chris, did anything interesting happen during you and India's relationship, her disappearance, anything. Preferably involving your ex girlfriend or Teaira." Karin leaned against the wall as I gave her a cup of coffee.

"Does it have to be recent?" I rubbed the side of my cheek with an arm crossed as I sat back down at the kitchen table.

"No. Go as far back as you can. As long as it  has something to do with India." She took a sip of her coffee.

"Well I remember when Kianna broke into my house in Miami on some bullshit." I started.

"Elaborate what bullshit is supposed to mean." Karin raised an eyebrow.

"I had just got back from the hospital, because India got shot. When I came in, there were rose petals literally everywhere. I went into my room and there the bitch was, wearing my shit." I shook my head in disappointment.

"Did she say any slick shit to you?"

"Yeah, now that I think about it. She mentioned India being gone. Except she thought that India was dead. The crazy part about that is, she said it before any news outlets posted about it or anything. So I was wondering how the hell she knew."

"Was she there when India got shot?"

"Couldn't have been. It was at her birthday party. I made sure the bouncers didn't let her in if they saw her. I don't even think she dared to show up." I scoffed and dismissed the thought.

"From what you're telling me, it seems as if she was in on it." Karin took another sip of her coffee, which was probably getting cold by now.

"That's what I said! I just don't know how to prove it." It was silent between the two of us before something struck her.

"You said this all happened at your home in Miami right?" She chewed on her lip and looked down at the ground.

"Yeah, why?"

"Did you have security cameras?" She finally looked up at me.

"I did." I was beginning to catch on to what she was getting at.

"How about we take a trip to Miami?" Karin said with a sly smirk tugging on her painted lips.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Miami, FL.
When we got to my old crib, I noticed the countless amount of paparazzi, reporters, and fans standing outside of the gates.

"What the hell..." I honked my horn several times, motioning for them to move out of the way or they would get ran the fuck over.

"Does this always happen?" Karin scanned the crowd with her eyes.

"No, not at all. I see somebody leaked my address." I rolled my eyes and parked against the curb. I cautiously opened the door and for out, seeing how everybody's attention was on me and Karin.

"CHRIS, IS THIS YOUR NEW GIRLFRIEND?!"

"WHERE'S INDIA?!"

"WHAT HAPPENED TO INDIA?!"

"DID SHE FAKE HER DEATH?!"

"WHERE'S YOUR DAUGHTER?!"

I kept my head low as I unlocked the gates to my home, letting Karin in and closing it behind me.

"That was ridiculous." She took a deep breath and sighed heavily.

"You get used to it." I shrugged.

"You get used to it. I'm not a big shot celebrity." Karin chuckled as she looked around the house.

"This way." I motioned with my head to my office, where all security footage was held. I sat down at the desk, looking at the computer monitor which showed all the people that were outside.

"Do you remember the date?" Karin asked me. I thought about it for a second, until I remembered it was.

"February 21. A week after her birthday." I typed in the date on the computer, clicking on the file that showed up. It didn't show anything happening until I fast forwarded it a little.

"Right there. I see something." Karin told me to stop. I pressed play, seeing Kianna creep into the house. She took out her phone and dialed somebody's number.

"Can you turn the volume up on this thing?" Karin took a seat next to me, seeing she was tired of leaning over my shoulder. I took the computer off of mute and immediately we heard dialogue coming from her.

"Okay, I'm in. You sure this is gonna work?" The phone wasn't on speaker so we couldn't hear who was on the other line.

"Alright. I saw him leave the hospital. He should be here soon..... Okay, bye." She hung up the phone and rushed up the stairs. Once she changed, I saw her throw a framed picture of me and India out of the window. I fast forwarded a little to when I came in the house.

"Bro, what the fuck you got going on?!"

"I figured since your girlfriend is gone, you'd need some company."

"My girlfriend ain't gone no where! Get the hell out of my house!"

"I see what you were talking about. She assumed India was dead, even though nobody said she was. Shit, this is perfect." Karin scoffed and shook her head. I fast forwarded slightly to when Kianna was outside. She was dialing somebody's number, again. I played the footage again, increasing the volume slightly.

"What do you mean you know she's not dead?"

"I didn't want her dead. That wouldn't be much help to me would it?" This time the phone was on speaker, so we could hear everything that was being said.

"If she's alive, they'll just keep running back to each other."

"Not if one of them gets hurt. You got any dirt on him?"

"All I have is this sex tape we made like a year back- Oh shit."

"So, she's the dirty bitch that tried to make it look like I cheated on my baby!" I exclaimed in angry revelation.

"Chris, calm down. We're past that. The point is, we got it. This could be sole evidence that she was in on it. With this security footage, we can help India win the case."

"You're right. What do we do now?" Karin chewed on her lip before taking out her phone and dialing a number. She held the phone to her ear.

"Hey, Paria," She glanced at me. "How quickly do you think you can get down here to Miami?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323K 9.7K 67
How did we get like this, I thought I gave him my all and it all came crashing down on me. I lost everything and I can't do anything about it, I'm al...
1K 34 12
WARNING: Rated Mature for Sexual content, Language, Violence and Drug use. **Long Chapters** Two weeks. Two years. Who cares?" A lesson in love, c...
1.8M 58.4K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
4.5K 38 31
Read to find out!!!!! Let me know what you think of the story. Comment & Vote