Nixon

By KatGee

Nixon is the 3rd book in the Broken Series. (Ryan is the 1st, Brynn is the 2nd) Nixon leaves rehab early beca... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3

Chapter 8

68.2K 2.4K 872
By KatGee

Presley
• • •

I'm pissed to say I become a depressed hermit for a little over two weeks after kicking Kaleb out.

Sixteen days.

He didn't deserve a second of my time but I blew sixteen whole days crying over his ass anyway. He's called me numerous times and all I can do is sob while listening to his stupid voicemails, but I don't answer the calls or reply to any of his text messages.

Once my sob fest is over I purge him from my life. I go through my phone and delete every single picture that has him in it so I can't look at them. I trash all the pictures of us I displayed when we moved in, along with anything he left behind. After my life was clear of him I went to the salon and got my teal hair touched up and trimmed, then I got my acrylic nails filled and painted black. I shouldn't be spending money, especially now that all of the rent will be on my shoulders but it made me feel better.

Who gives a fuck about becoming homeless anyway?

Feeling better about myself, I finally post an ad online and print out paper ads that advertise my spare room for rent. I put them up all over campus praying I don't run into Kaleb or his friends in the process, so far I've completely avoided them. I make the Caf my last stop so I can eat before going back home.

"Oh, a room for rent, my brothers actually looking." A girl with long straight brown hair and sapphire blue eyes says, plucking the ad from the board I had just placed there.

She's dressed in a pair of tight jeans, gray thigh high suede boots, a white knit sweater, and an unbuttoned pale pink pea coat. There's a gray knit hat on her head with a large Pom Pom on top and a designer bag dangling from her elbow. She looks incredibly put together for a college kid on the verge of finals.

Her eyes run across the paper ad before flicking over to me and looking me over. The differences between us are night and day. I'm dressed in a pair of distressed jeans, my black Doc Martens I got for twenty bucks at a thrift store in LA, a gray hoodie under my black leather jacket, and a black beanie on my head. Her makeup is light and flawless, her lips a nude pink whereas my eye makeup is dark with a thick winged eyeliner, my lipstick a deep red, and way too much concealer coated under my eyes to hide the dark circles there.

She arches a perfect brow at me skeptically. "I don't think a female roommate would be wise though."

Shit.

"I'm a lesbian." I lie, thinking of the first thing that comes to mind.

Most everyone should already have a place to stay by now so finding a roommate will be hard and maybe if this guy is intimidating he can keep Kaleb away if he ever decides it's a good idea to come crawling back. I'm a weak ass bitch, I can't say for sure that I would turn him away. And this guy would definitely not have to worry about me jumping him, the last thing I want is another asshole to be chained to. I wished I were a lesbian. Instances like this just proves to those idiots that our sexuality isn't a choice. If it was I definitely wouldn't choose men, that's for damn sure.

Her dark eyes light up and her pink lips curl into a smile. "Perfect! You can stop advertising, I promise he'll take it. I'll show him and call you later." She purses her lips and sighs through her nose. "Wait, he's on probation. Would that be a problem?"

I bite my lip as I contemplate her words. "For murder, domestic violence, rape or anything to that extent?" Can't say I need rent that much.

She shakes her head, a horrified expression on her face. "No, nothing even close to any of those things."

I shrug. "Then I don't give a fuck. He could worship the devil for all I care, as long as he pays rent on time every month."

I'd just like to be able to pay my rent, his business is his business. She gives me another smile and tosses her long hair over her shoulder. "Perfect, he'll be in touch." She says and struts off in a cloud of perfume with a sway in her hips.

With that weird interaction over I grab a sandwich and a water and head back to my apartment. I didn't bother driving, needing the fresh air to help clear my clouded head. The air is cold but I don't mind. I eat my sandwich as I walk and ignore the stares I get. This campus is huge but it really doesn't feel that way when gossip spreads through it like wildfire. I keep to myself and never listen to the shit everyone talks about, but when the rumors are about how your boyfriend cheated on you it fucking sucks. I can't imagine how Ryan feels after what she's been through.

"Well if it isn't Wednesday Addams." A brown haired guy with tattoos says as I walk by.

I arch an eyebrow at him, he looks familiar but I can't place him. "Do I know you?" I swear I'm the worst at remembering names.

"I look a little different without the horns." He bows theatrically. "Lucifer, also known as Sawyer Westwood." He flashes me a devilish smirk.

Oh, the guy who was dating Olivia, the Olivia that became Kalebs side piece. That Sawyer. How could I forget? He was high as fuck on Halloween and this is the second time I couldn't remember him.

I cross my arms across my chest. "Mhmm, get any more toothbrushes stolen lately?"

Apparently right before Halloween the girl he hooked up with stole his toothbrush, who does that? That's just fucking weird.

He chuckles. "Nah, I kind of got over that." His face grows serious. "So I heard the story of our exes."

"They obviously deserve each other." I shrug, trying my best to remain nonchalant. As if I wasn't sobbing on my bathroom floor two days ago over my idiot ex.

He pushes his jaw length hair away from his face. "You have to watch your back around here, everyone's connected in one way or another."

Apparently.

"Presley!" Brynn shouts, sauntering up with a smile.

She's practically a ray of sunshine, it's almost annoying sometimes but most of the time it's refreshing. I only think it's annoying when I'm feeling down but that's also when I need her the most. Sawyer's eyes grow cold at the sight of her and he quickly walks off without another word. Guess he's still a little hung up over her.

"Hey." I reply, my tone less bubbly than hers.

Her eyes follow Sawyer's retreating form, her eyebrows furrowing, "Was that Sawyer?" I give her a nod in reply and she frowns for a minute, her eyes growing distant. She pulls me into a tight hug before I can blink, her green apple shampoo assaulting my nose. "I'm so glad to see you out, I could kill Kaleb." She says as she pulls away.

Before I can reply I'm pulled into another bone crushing hug by Ryan. "I think between the three of us we could take him if you're ready to kick his ass now." She pulls away and gives me a bright smile, her cerulean eyes dancing with laughter.

"You two couldn't hurt a fly, I could kick his ass if I really wanted to." I shrug and pull at my sleeves. "Why are guys so fucking stupid?"

I just don't get cheating. If you don't want to be with that person anymore just break up with them, don't start up another relationship behind their back. It's not fucking rocket science.

"Guys are serious assholes." Ryan agrees and Brynn nods.

I glare at them. "Says the two girls who are with two of the best guys I've ever met. Fuck you two."

Brynn laughs. "Hey Taylor and Seth both have their moments, right Ryan?"

Ryan nods in agreement. "Definitely. Have you forgotten that Seth broke up with me?"

I give her a look that says, 'Duh!' "He broke up with you because he thought you chose that guy that went to jail over him. Did either of them fuck someone else behind your back?" Brynn looks down at her feet and Ryan bites her lip. I nod. "Exactly, but it's okay. Who needs guys anyway, that's what vibrators are for." They both laugh and it makes me smile. "So where are your men?"

"They took Brooks to the park, he's been asking all day. So Ryan and I are grabbing lunch for the five of us." Brynn answers.

I shake my head and give them a smirk. "See, practically angels."

Ryan laughs. "They are not angels, you forget I grew up with Taylor and Seth was a huge player before we got together."

Yeah, but I've seen the way Seth and Taylor look at Brynn and Ryan. I thought Kaleb looked at me that way too, guess I was wrong though.

"You can join us if you aren't busy." Brynn suggests and I shake my head.

"I would but I just ate. I've got to get back to my apartment and get my spare room cleaned out anyway. I may have found a roommate." I reply.

"A roomie already, that's awesome." Ryan gives me an encouraging smile.

"Yeah, not being kicked out because I can't pay the rent is awesome." I reply dryly and she rolls her eyes.

Brynn pulls me into another hug. "Let us know how it goes, bye Pres."

"Call us if you want to talk or need anything." Ryan adds and they walk off together.

I nod, although I don't plan on it. I've gotten myself through much worse things than a breakup, I don't need anyone's help especially two girls who already have really good relationships with really good guys. Okay, maybe I'm being a little bitter and if I really did need them I would call, but I guess I'm not done wallowing in my misery yet.

I make the short walk back to my apartment and freeze at the sight of an icy blue eyed asshole sitting on the floor beside my door. Oh no. He looks up, his eyes staring right at me and a sad smile tilts his lips up.

I steel myself for the onslaught of emotions I get just from one look. "What are you doing here Kaleb?"

He gets up from the floor, dusting his jeans off. "I came to check on you. I know how hard you can be on yourself."

His words pierce my heart. "I'm fine, you can go." I grumble and unlock my door.

His hand comes down on my shoulder and I brush it off quickly. I spin around, glaring daggers at him. "Do not touch me."

If I could light him on fire with just one look he would be incinerated right now.

He holds his hands up and takes a step back. "I'm sorry. I was worried that my actions would affect your mental health, so I had to come check on you. You won't answer my calls or texts and it scared me."

It scared him? That's the biggest lie he's told so far. I snap. "You lost all concern for my mental health when you decided that I wasn't enough and found a fuck buddy on the side, Kaleb!"

He flinches. "I know you think I don't care about you but I do, this is killing me. I didn't mean for any of this to happen, baby girl."

I scoff. "Killing you? You've been fucking another girl behind my back, bare, might I add. Oh and don't worry I got checked and I'm clean, thank you so much. I moved across the country for you, you stupid asshole!" I have to fight the urge to choke him, but I want to so bad. "I left my Grandma in California to come all the way out here for you and you decided one girlfriend wasn't enough!" Tears prick my eyes as I think about how I molded my world around him like a naïve little girl. It was so stupid of me, I'll never make that mistake again.

"I broke things off with Olivia, I told her I couldn't see her anymore. I only want you, baby girl." He gives me a reassuring smile, as if that magically fixes everything.

"Yeah, after you had already fucked her who knows how many times!"

"I know I screwed up, just please give me another chance. I swear I will never do that to you again." His hands cradle my face gently.

I laugh. "You're damn right you'll never do that to me again." His lips curl up into a big smile. "Because you'll never have the chance." I knock his hands away, taking in his crestfallen face with nothing but satisfaction in my gut. "Leave!"

I slip inside my apartment and slam the door in his face. Hopefully he takes the hint but I have a feeling it's not going to be that easy, things usually aren't.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

503K 14.4K 55
Finished; September 13th 2019 #10 abuse #10 teenfiction #8 stepdad #6 hope #3 badboys #3 broken #1 escape #1 goodgirl #1 hate #1 stepbrother...
4.6M 140K 36
When college student Indie finds out her boyfriend cheated on her, she hooks up with his best frenemy Reece as payback but doesn't expect their one-n...
3.3M 107K 36
Brynn is the 2nd book in the Broken Series. (Ryan is the 1st) After a paternity issue in her senior year of highschool, Brynn ends up a single Mom...
10.9K 362 27
Growing up Charlotte Parker and Tyler Andrews were close and when he cut off all contact after he went off to college, she was heartbroken, but fate...