Creation Begins with an I, De...

By CrashOfWorlds

Error and Ink are two Gods, one of creation, the other of Destruction. One is a tattoo artist, happy with his... More

Fried Chicken and Video Games
Guilt
Creation Meets Destruction
Emo Love Advice
"We'll Regret This In The Morning."
Playing Mute
'Inky'
'Mr. Perfect Nurse'
Official and Illegal
Suspicious
You're Replaceable
Idiot of the Highest Order
Kidnapped
"Stick The Knife Back In, It Might Help."
Philosophical Nonsense
Mr Monochrome and his Misplaced Brother
Act Serious For A Minute, You're Being Held At Gunpoint Now
'Crossing' The Line
Reverse Child Kidnapping
99 Problems and People are Every Single One of Them
Your Local Drug Dealers
The Air Has The Consistency of Ice Cream
Starbucks Group Therapy
Perfectly Ordinary Library
Why Does Everyone Have a Million Secrets Now
Drunken Latino Meltdown
Normal Day at the Office
Randomly Generated Conversation Topics
Is It Supposed to Look Like That?
Ordinary Family Dinner
Bowls and Bullets
Feeling Like We'd Rather Not Feel at All
A POSITIVE announcement about the future of this book
Exciting News! (+Exclusive content preview!)
THE REWRITE OF THIS BOOK IS OUT NOW

Hospitals Are Fun!

3.5K 172 644
By CrashOfWorlds

Four stood and waited. He couldn't hear anything now, but they were somewhere around here... After a few seconds, he heard a scream, which seemed to be cut short as if someone else had silenced them. Four sprinted down another street, trying to locate the source of the sound. There was another yell of pain, but it was quieter this time. He hadn't gotten further away, the person was just quieter. He got to what he thought was a dead end, so he turned back around. But then he heard a familiar voice behind him, so he looked back. Upon closer inspection, there was in fact a narrow passage that the darkness had not allowed him to see the first time. He approached it slowly. What he saw on the other side made him feel so many things at one time: anger, worriedness and horror to name a few.

Alpha had Error pinned to the floor with one hand, the other was raised above him with a sharp-pointed bone, aimed directly at Error's soul. Four reacted faster than he could think, charging forwards and crashing into Alpha, tackling him to the floor milliseconds before the bone could do the damage. Alpha yelled in surprise, kicking Four off of himself. Four stood up first, Alpha quickly following and went to lash out, but Four caught the attacker's fist in his own. Looking up, Alpha noticed who it was. "Four?" He hissed, pulling his hand away.

"What did you do?" Four kept his voice low, but it was full of hostility and Alpha took note of this, stepping back. 

"You told me to prove myself, so I did."

Four took a shaky breath, stuffing his hands in his pockets to avoid lashing out at the other. He'd deal with him later, right now his priority was Error. "All you've proved to me tonight is that you're irresponsible and a general idiot. I suggest you get out of my sight, for all three of us' sakes." He nodded at Error's inanimate form.

Alpha gave him a bitter look, but it was nothing compared to the furious glare he gave Error. He, again, glanced at Four, who's response was certainly telling him to go. His expression was mostly calm(or trying to be, at least), yet his eyes showed a fiery fury which he'd certainly unleash on him later. Knowing what would happen if he didn't leave, he sprinted off, back through the narrow passage Four had arrived through. 

Four crouched down beside Error, visually assessing the skeleton's injuries. It only took him about three seconds of observation for him to decide that he needed to get him to a hospital immediately. He'd be dead before an ambulance could arrive, so he had no other choice, he'd have to take him there himself. He was afraid he'd hurt the frail skeleton further, so he scooped him up as gently as possible. As Four stood up Error opened his eyes, but whether or not he could tell who was holding him, Four didn't know. "Hey, Error? Can you hear me?" Obviously he got no response, or anything at all from Error. Well, apart from the fact that his eyes were sliding closed... 

"Wait, Error, don't pass out! Don't pass out, okay? I need you to be conscious!" Four panicked. The injured skeleton was trying to stay awake, he could see that. But he couldn't, and went completely limp in Four's arms, his eyes sliding closed. "No! No, no, no, you look dead right now, please don't be dead! I swear I'm going to kill you if you've just gone and died on me!" He knew teleporting was risky with someone so severely injured, but if he didn't (and if he wasn't already dead) he'd die anyway, so he took a deep breath and clicked his fingers, closing his eyes. 

He opened them again. Well, they were outside the hospital, and Error looked... well, the same, so he took it as a good sign. He walked into the hospital.x

Casually walking into a hospital.

With a possibly dead person in his arms.

A few seconds after he entered, a doctor came running over. He looked from Four to Error, clearly stunned. He cleared his throat and called down the hallway, "I need some help here!" A few more doctors came running over.

"So... is he alive, or...?" Four asked as the doctors took Error from him and lay him on a gurney, "I sort of need to know."

They didn't answer him, just talking amongst themselves, shouting medical things that Four didn't understand. An older doctor rushed over, took one look at Error, and shouted something about getting him to the ICU.

And then they took him away, just like that. The older doctor approached Four.

"You're a friend, or...?" He asked.

"Uh... not really, but I do want to know if he's dead. But I'd rather you saved him, it would save me a lot of trouble." Four replied. The doctor gave him a strange look, so he sighed and continued, "Okay,  that and I want you to save him because in a way I do like him. He might not know it, but... I do care about him."

The doctor did not look any less confused. "...Right. I'm going to have to call the police."

Four raised an 'eyebrow'. "On me?"

"No, just in general. Someone did that to him, correct?"

"Well yeah, but how come you've never called the police when things have happened to him in the past-?"

"This has happened before?"

"...I guess?"

The doctor didn't really know what else to say, so he just decided to drop it. "...Okay. I'll be on the ICU, we'll find the patient's medical records and I'll, uh, look at the previous... 'incidents'. Oh, what's his name?" 

"Error CQ."

"Got it. Once he's stable, you'll be able to come and see him."

And as the doctor left, Four whispered to himself, "You never even told me if he was alive or not, though...?"

**

Geno had only been working for about half an hour, but he already wanted to go home. 

It was 7:30am-ish. Geno yawned, trying desperately to make sense of a patient's medical records. 

Something was suddenly dropped on the table in front of him, and Geno jumped. He looked up to see one of the doctors. The thing he'd dropped was a file, clearly a patient's notes.

Geno let out a long sigh and dropped his pen, looking at the file. "Right, what have we got?"

"Twenty-four year old male, admitted with... well, he's had the crap beaten out of him." The doctor replied, "And you're going to be his nurse, good luck."

Geno jumped up and grabbed the doctor's wrist as he tried to leave. "Oh, no you don't. I'm not the doctor."

The doctor checked the clock on the wall at the nurses' station. "I'm due in theatre, you're going to have to be the doctor." He pulled his wrist away and walked off. Geno was annoyed, but used to it. Though if the consultant knew about this, he might have the doctor punished... maybe clinical duties only for a few days..? Geno sometimes wondered if he knew enough to actually be a doctor at this point, he did sort of have to act like one a lot.

He picked up the file. The doctor was right: twenty-four, male... admitted for some sort of physical trauma... Geno was skipping over the information and completely missed the patient's name, until another doctor walked past him and called, "Hey, Nurse CQ! There's a patient with the same last name as you. He's downstairs."

Geno looked up. "...Impossible. People don't have the same last name as me."

"Except for Error CQ? Male, twenty four? Admitted with-"

"...Physical trauma to the chest and head?" Geno asked, his soul momentarily stopping. 

"That's the one!" The doctor called, "He's in the ICU."

Geno looked back down at the file. 

Patient name: Error CQ

"...When was he admitted?" Geno looked back up at the doctor, who was just about to walk off.

"The early hours of this morning I think."

Geno slammed the file closed. "Well no one bothered to tell me."

"...You related?"

"Well, yeah," Geno huffed, "He's sorta my brother."

"Oh."

"I'm going to go see him." Geno stated, heading towards the door of the ward. 

"He's not awake yet-"

"I'm his nurse." Geno kept walking, pushing he door open and heading to the staircase. He headed down the steps, went down a few more corridors, and eventually got to the ICU. He went straight up to one of the doctors, who was just standing on the side of the ward, writing in a patient's notes. "Hi, I'm looking for Error CQ?" The doctor looked up and nodded to a side room. Geno approached it and went inside. 

And there on the bed was Error.

His skull was cracked, his body bandaged up, and he was hooked up to various machines. 

"Oh, Error..." Geno whispered, setting aside the file on the table beside the bed. He reached out, gently taking Error's limp hand. He momentarily looked down at him with a sad expression before letting go of his hand and reopening the file. There was a note from one of the doctors that had first treated him:

'According to the guy who brought him into here, this has happened before. The police have been called. He is not to be questioned without the permission of his nurse or doctor.'

Geno looked back at Error. He knew it would be one of the Trinity that had done this to him.

Reading through the many injuries Error's notes described, Geno decided that his brother was lucky to even be alive. Something was wrong, very wrong. Error had never been this badly hurt by anyone before. What could he have possibly done to deserve this? He sighed and pulled out his phone. He'd have to let Error's friends know.

He pressed on Nightmare's contact first, and began to type out the message:

G: Error's in the hospital, he's on the ICU. He's got head and chest injuries. 

While it didn't quite describe how badly Error was injured, it would do for now. At least he mentioned he was on the ICU. The same message was sent to Reaper. He put his phone back in the pocket of his scrubs and sighed again, pulling out a pen and writing in the file: the time, and that Error was stable (just about), and that he hadn't woken up. 

"Excuse me," Geno jumped as a voice sounded from behind him. He turned around, it was two police officers, one male, one female. "Is this Mr CQ?"

Geno sighed for the third time in about two minutes. "Yep. And guess what, he's unconscious. So you can go away."

The female officer raised her eyebrows. "We will not 'go away', doctor..." She waited for Geno to say his name.

He did so with venom in his voice, "It's Nurse. Nurse CQ."

The male one gave him a confused look. "So you're saying this person is a relative of yours, or do you just both happen to have a rather...unique last name?"

Geno rolled his eyes. "Yes, and 'CQ' is not a weird last name. Or at least it isn't amongst skeletons. We have names that seem weird to you. Anyway, this guy is my brother. No, he will not want to speak to you when he wakes up."

Both officers were humans. They gave him looks that were both surprised and possibly annoyed. The female one cleared her throat and spoke again, "Right, and how do you know that?"

"I just do. He's not going to want to." Geno replied, flipping through the file again.

"...Well, let us know when he wakes up." The female one said before walking out of the room and gesturing for the male officer to follow her. 

Geno finished writing everything that needed to be written and placed the file into the slot at the end of the bed. He gave Error a quick look before walking out of the room. Thankfully the police did not seem to be on the ward anymore. Just as he was about to leave the ward, someone tapped him on the shoulder. It was a skeleton.

"Hi, Geno. Is Error alive?" He asked. 

Geno looked up at the tall skeleton. "Uh... Excuse me, who are you and how do you know my name?" The skeleton gave Geno a weird feeling. 

"Well, you're Error's brother, and I'm Error's... mentor, I suppose."

Geno gave him a quizzical look. "Error's mentor for what..?"

The skeleton sighed. "Has Error told you nothing? I'm Error404, but just call me Four. I'm-"

Geno suddenly took a step back and cut Four off, "Oh, in that case, I know who you are. You're probably the one who did this to Error."

"Actually, no, it was Alpha. Anyway, I'm assuming he's alive because you'd probably be somewhat sad if-"

"I don't believe you. Get off the ward." Geno hissed. 

"Ask him. He may not have noticed, but I'm the one who brought him here."

Geno glared at him. "In that state he would have needed an ambulance to get here alive."

"I teleported. He would have died if I waited for an ambulance, I thought he was dead at one point, so I just got him here."

"You don't care about Error. You're just here to see if he's alive, and he is, obviously, so you don't need to worry about replacing him." Geno pushed past him, heading back towards the stairs.

Four had seen the room Geno had come out of, it was a side room. He approached it, checking that no one was watching before slipping in. He walked up to the bed and looked down at Error, and while on the outside he seemed to not care, internally he wanted to hug the poor skeleton. But that would probably hurt him anyway, so he didn't. He did, however, mumble a quiet apology. 

Four, despite everything, didn't hate Error. He couldn't. For various reasons. 

"What are you doing here?" A new voice said from behind him. Four didn't need to see them to know who it was.

"I'm checking that he's not dead, Nightmare." Four sighed. Footsteps indicated that Nightmare was approaching him. 

"I think it's pretty obvious as to whether he's dead or alive." Nightmare said. His tone was a mix of annoyance and worry, if that was possible.

"It wasn't earlier."

"What?"

"Oh, you know, when I saved his life."

Nightmare almost laughed. "You? Save him? I'm not falling for it. You're probably the reason he's here. You did this to him and then realised you couldn't let him die because you don't have a replacement Destruction lined up."

"Alpha did this."

"Sure."

Four looked over at Nightmare. He looked exhausted, frustrated, anxious... Four sighed upon seeing him.

"Have you slept?" He asked.

Nightmare shot him a resentful look. "Why do you care?"

Four looked back at Error. "I don't want you to end up like this too."

Nightmare gave a confused expression, though Four didn't see it. "Okay, who are you and what have you done with Four? Not that I honestly care what you do with him."

Four gave Nightmare an unamused glare and said nothing.

"Why are you really here, then?" Nightmare asked.

"I want to see that he's okay." Four waited for Nightmare to tell him again how out of character he was acting.

"...You're scaring me. Say something I'd expect to hear from you."

"I will hurt you."

"Thank you."

There was a few seconds of silence, Nightmare staring at Four and Four gazing at the wall next to Error. Suddenly he turned around and started towards the door, making Nightmare jump. "Text me when he wakes up, I want to talk to him." Nightmare watched as Four headed to the door. He stopped and looked back. "Nightmare, I don't want you doing any sort of work until your arm is healed." And with that he left.

Nightmare looked down at his arm with an utterly bewildered look. "What...?"

"That's nice of him."

Nightmare jumped again, there was no one else in the room with him, right? Apart from Error, who wasn't even conscious- wait, no. He was looking at Nightmare with an eye half open.

Nightmare struggled to find words for a few seconds. "Okay, you were asleep just now...?"

"No I wasn't." Error's voice was quiet and he seemed to have difficulty talking. 

"...How long have you been awake?"

"Long enough to hear that whole conversation."

Nightmare walked over and sat down on the chair beside Error's bed. "I'm glad you're not dead."

Error rolled his eyes and then closed them again, not responding. 

"So... what happened? Is it true that Alpha did this? Did Four save you?" 

"I'm tired." Error kept his eyes closed and spoke in a tone that told Nightmare he was trying to end the conversation. However the God of Negativity wasn't having it.

"No, you have to tell me what happened!" Nightmare protested, "Who saved you?"

"As far as I'm aware, Four. I don't remember seeing my saviour's face, It felt like Four though. But Alpha did it to me. It hurts to talk, leave me alone." Error seemed short of breath.

"...Oh. So it actually was Alpha. Hey, are you okay? You look like you're having trouble breathing." Nightmare stood up and looked down at his friend. 

"Well I did kinda get stabbed in the chest multiple times."

"You remember what happened?" Nightmare asked.

"Yes, I do. You lied to me!" Error suddenly tried to sit up, only to cry out in pain and have Nightmare push him back down gently. 

"Woah, okay! Deep breaths, Error." Nightmare felt a wave of guilt, an emotion he wasn't too used to feeling. 

"Get off me!" Error shouted, slapping Nightmare's hand away. Suddenly something started beeping. Nightmare looked up, it was one of the many monitors Error was connected to.

"Uh..." Nightmare looked around for doctors, "I think I did something bad!"

Suddenly two people came rushing into the room, Dream and Geno.

"Why are you-" Nightmare was about to question Dream about being down here and not up on the paediatrics ward, but Dream ignored him. 

"Right, BP's rising." Dream informed Geno.

"Yeah, I can see that! You should have specialised in 'stating the obvious' rather than paediatrics!" Geno hissed. 

Dream didn't respond to this, instead focusing on the monitor. "Okay, Geno, intravenous labetalol. Get a doctor." 

"We don't need a doctor. "Geno hissed.

"I said IV labetalol, please!" Dream shouted over him, shooting him a fierce look.

Geno huffed and tried to leave the room, but suddenly someone else appeared in the doorway. It was Reaper.

"What's going-"

"Move!" Reaper was forcefully pushed aside by Geno.

Reaper turned around, seeing Error try to sit up and get pushed back down by Dream. Error called out Reaper's name but Dream nodded for him to leave the room. He didn't, and instead approached Nightmare. "What's happening? What's that beeping sound?"

"I made Error get mad, basically. And now his blood pressure's through the roof." Nightmare said quietly. 

"Oh." 

Suddenly Geno ran back in and handed Dream a pouch of a clear liquid. Dream took it and hung it up on the IV stand next to the bed while Geno attached some sort of tube to it. Reaper and Nightmare watched as the two nurses worked, neither really knowing what was happening or what they were supposed to be doing. 

"Nightmare, ask for Error's doctor at the desk out there." Dream ordered his brother. 

"Reaper, pass me that alcohol swab, and that needle. Oh, and that little bottle there." Geno shouted. "And Error, you need to lie down, stop trying to get up. I can't administer this until you lie down."

Error relaxed a bit, glaring at Nightmare as he left the room. The two gazed at each other for a second before Nightmare walked off to get the doctor.

"It's okay, just try to breathe..." Dream's voice suddenly became soothing and he gently pushed Error further down so that he was lying flat on the bed. Meanwhile Geno was injecting something into the IV bag.

Reaper walked back outside to find Nightmare, who was speaking to a nurse at the desk in the middle of the ward. He turned around as the nurse picked up a phone, sighing at seeing Reaper. "I'm sorry, this is all my fault..."

"Well, you certainly didn't help. I would have told him." Reaper huffed. 

"No, he said he asked you!"

"Yeah, but if he'd have told me Ink's name, I would have told him to stay away!" Reaper shouted. 

"I'm sorry! I don't know why I did that!" Nightmare yelled.

Suddenly the beeping from Error's room stopped. Reaper almost wanted to make a joke about that meaning Error had died, but decided it wasn't appropriate at the moment, especially since it was Nightmare's fault that it went off in the first place. 

"If he had died, it would be making one long beep. Flatlining, I guess. He's stable now." Nightmare said. It looked like he was fighting back a grin.

"...Did you just break into my mind or something?" Reaper was also stifling a laugh.

"I don't need to break into your mind to know that you're making jokes with your black humour." Nightmare said.

The two just looked at each other for a few seconds before Reaper burst out laughing, Nightmare cracking after too. 

"We need to stop laughing, Geno would kill us!" Reaper snorted. 

This only made Nightmare laugh harder. 

Dream came out of the room, looking at his brother in confusion as Nightmare tied to stop laughing. "Uh... What's the joke?"

"Reaper said that- Well, no, he- Error died and-" Nightmare couldn't get his words out between his laughter, so Reaper took over. 

"I was thinking about making a joke about the machine going quiet and it meaning that Error had died, and Nightmare said 'no, he'd be flatlining'! And he just guessed what I was gonna say!" Reaper chuckled. He expected Dream to tell them off, but Nightmare didn't seem surprised when Dream smirked. 

"Nightmare and I accidentally read each other's minds all the time, guess he's learning to read other people's now."

"Having a twin must be weird." Reaper stated. 

Dream shrugged. "Not really. It's like having a brother, but better!"

"But you are brothers..."

"Yeah, but it's even better because we're twins!" Dream giggled, "It's like having a brother that knows everything about you, and is the only person that fully understands you. They're that one person you can call at two in the morning and rant to, and they won't be mad! They share your sense of humour, your intelligence... It's great! Oh, that's my pager. My shift hasn't actually started yet, I got here early because of Error. Someone must have seen me and decided that I was working early, so I guess I am now. So see you later guys! Also, Error's stable now. He'll be alright, just don't stress him out." Dream smiled at the two before heading to the door that led to the staircase.

"Calls at two in the morning? You'd kill someone if they woke you up." Reaper said, mild surprise in his voice.

Nightmare's face fell. "Yeah, he... A few months ago he called me at like two thirty. He'd just got home from a really long shift and a kid he'd been taking care of for months had died in front of him. It hit him really hard, he was crying and everything."

Reaper paused. "Oh. Oh shit."

"I'm a good twin, so I told him to come over to mine for the night."

"This conversation went from cute to depressing in a matter of seconds." Reaper didn't know whether to laugh or not. "How about we go see Error now that he's stable?"

"Uhh... I don't think that's a good idea. He's not too happy with me." Nightmare said, shifting uncomfortably. 

"Well, just come into apologise." Reaper took Nightmare's arm and dragged him back into the room. 

"Hey Error! I'm glad you're alive!" Reaper said cheerfully.

Error didn't respond, his eyes fixed on Nightmare. 

"I'm sorry..." Nightmare muttered.

"I just wanna know why, though." Error said quietly. 

"I don't know! I panicked, and I know that's no good reason, but it's the only reason I have!"

Error sighed and put his head back on the pillow. "Guess you were right. Love sucks."

Nightmare suddenly smirked,  taking a deep breath. "I TOLD YOU SO!" He screamed out. Error let out a cry of annoyance and Reaper burst out laughing. 

"Quiet, this is a hospital!" Geno hissed from the corner of the room.

"Oh, didn't even notice you were even still in here." Nightmare giggled. 

"You should go. Error doesn't want to speak to you." Geno hissed.

Error looked at Geno. "When did I say that?"

There was silence. 

"Well, he kind of sent you into a hypertensive emergency about five minutes ago." Geno said bitterly. 

"Oh, yeah. That. I mean that wasn't fun, but..." Error broke off, causing everyone to look at him, "...Sorry, felt kinda weird for a second."

Geno stepped forwards. "In what way?"

"...Really, really tired suddenly. And lightheaded." Error responded.

"Oh, that'll be the labetalol," Geno said, "It can make you feel pretty tired or dizzy." Error gave him a confused look. "It's the thing we put in there." He nodded at the IV they'd inserted into his arm a few minutes ago, "It's to bring down your blood pressure. It works almost straight away, you usually feel any side affects a few minutes after the drug is administered."

Error nodded, slowly sinking back down and under the covers of the bed. "So, Nightmare wanted to speak to me?"

"I... I just wanted to apologize." Nightmare said, guilt showing again in his voice. 

"Apology accepted. Don't lie to me again." Error said, closing his eyes.

"Thanks, Error. I'm sorry, again."

"It's okay...Can I be left alone now? I wanna sleep..."

"Yeah, I need to do a quick examination of your wounds and stuff, then you can sleep. Both of you, get out." Geno said bluntly. Nightmare and Reaper left, shutting the door behind them.

"Right," Geno walked over to the bed and pulled the covers off Error, exposing his bare ribcage, "You have several broken ribs and a bunch of other stuff. How bad is the pain right now?"

"It's not bad. I assume I'm on morphine?" Error asked. 

"Yup. You're all drugged up right now, but when it starts to wear off, you're gonna feel it. A lot. You'll need more as soon as it's worn off, so tell someone when it does. Now, your head. How's that? Looks like something happened there, you've got cracks on your skull, especially at the back."

"I got kicked. Hard. But I only really have a mild headache."

"It's gonna be really bad later."

"Great."

"I tried to call Fresh, but he's not picking up. He doesn't even know you're here, unless he's seen my texts." Geno informed him.

"Okay." Error said.

"So... I wonder if Ink will visit you."

"Of course he won't, he hates me."

**

"I see we're both still alive," Cross called, walking towards Ink, "Looks like you didn't need to do anything straight away."

Ink was in the process of lighting a joint. He put it to his mouth and inhaled for a few long seconds. He sighed, the smoke forming a cloud around his skull. "Somehow. I don't know what happened, I should have been punished."

Cross suddenly snatched the joint from Ink, putting it to his mouth. "Or you lied. I'm not saying you don't need to mark me, but you probably have time. Just chill out."

Ink decided to just drop it, despite the fact he'd been threatened if he didn't do it. "So you're not mad at me?"

"I'm annoyed." Cross sighed.

"I'm sorry, dude." Ink avoided eye contact with Cross.

"No you're not, but I'll pretend you are."

"No, I actually am. Personally I don't know how I offended you, but if I did, I'm sorry." Ink took the joint back off Cross, putting it back to his mouth. "So, I only heard about the story of you and Nightmare in a car through Dream. What happened?"

"Basically we got him home." Cross shrugged.

"Nice. Meanwhile my boyfriend turned out to be the God of Destruction." Ink said casually. 

Cross opened his mouth, as if silently gasping. "What was his name?"

"Error." Ink said the word with spite in his tone, and gave a sour expression as if it had left a bad taste in his mouth.

"Wow. So what happened? Are you two over?" Cross asked. The two continued to pass the joint between them.

"Yeah, I think so. And the worst part is I was minutes away from getting laid!" Ink cried out dramatically, sending Cross into a mini fit of laughter.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I actually was. I was getting his shirt off and everything! But then I saw the tattoo. It was on his chest." Ink sighed. 

Cross paused. "That's my phone, hold on." He took it out, looking at the screen. "It's an unknown number... I'll answer it."

He did, and Ink fell silent to see if he could hear the conversation. He could just about hear the other person's voice.

"Hello?" Cross said.

"Uh, hi. It's Nightmare. The guy you took h-"

"Yeah, I know who you are. How do you have my number?"

"Your brother gave it to me."

"...What?"

"It doesn't matter. Basically, I need to contact Ink, he's blocked my number. Usually I'd use Dream for this kind of thing, but he's working right now. Can you tell him to stop being so childish and to unblock my number? We have a problem."

Ink heard this and took a long inhale of the joint while sticking a hand out for Cross to pass him the phone. Once he had it he exhaled, sighing again, and reluctantly spoke to the Negative God. 

"What kind of problem?"

"Oh, you're there?"

"Yeah. Now get on with it."

"...Has no one told you?"

"...Told me what?"

"About Error?"

"...What about him?"

"He's currently lying in hospital, critically injured. He's on the ICU, I accidentally made him hypertensive to the point of needing emergency IV meds, so he's currently passed out. I don't advise you come and see him because you'll probably stress him out and kill him. Unblock me, I'm calling you back later to talk about other stuff."

Beep.

Cross looked at Ink.

"You're going to see him, aren't you?"

Ink nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So real quick before we talk about the chapter, I got tagged three times, it was the same tag but three people tagged me. However it was in Spanish again so I've just done a rough translation and I'm just gonna write it here:

1) Favourite game soundtrack and favourite song from that soundtrack?

Bit of a random question but it's one I can answer! As much as I love the Undertale soundtrack... I might have to say that my favourite soundtrack is the World of Goo soundtrack... AAAA, DON'T MAKE ME PICK!!!

Anyway my favourite soundtrack song is this song from World of Goo, it's called Screamer. It's beautiful and depressing at the same time, and it's only about a minute and a half long, so I'm just gonna ask you to just give it a quick listen :3 I always loved to play the levels that use Screamer, they tend to be the sadder levels. 

Here it is:

Don't worry, I still love the Undertale soundtrack just as much :D

2) Favourite band or singer?

Hmm.... Probably Marilyn Manson. 

3) What do you look like?

Honestly I'd do a face reveal right now but I look like a potato today, that and I can't be bothered to take or find a picture of myself XD There's pictures of me on my Discord, but I'll get one for Wattpad soon.

4) Last song listened to?

Screamer, listening to it right now. Have had it on repeat for 10 minutes XD

5) Future book spoiler?

 U h 

In Love With The Enemy will have a sequel soon, I've been working on the plan for a couple days now.

6) Favourite game?

W e l l 

That depends 

I really like:

Undertale (No reason needed, it's an amazing game)

World of Goo (OKAY EVERYONE JUST- I know it's a game about building towers to reach a goal, but there's a story, and it's really sad. The creators also made the game 'Little Inferno', which was a touching game too. Both games have a very basic principle, WoG's was basically just building towers to reach goals, like I already said, but there is an actual story behind all the levels. And don't even get me started on the soundtrack, like hhhhhhhfhfheerhheguhgquq---)

The Stanley Parable (YET AGAIN, GAMEPLAY IS LIMITED ONCE YOU'VE FOUND ALL THE ENDINGS, BUT I STILL LOVE THAT GAME, IT'S SO CLEVER AND FUNNY!)

7) Favourite weather? 

Rain :3

8) What do you want to do right now?

Go to my favourite cliff BeCauSe it's BEEn MoNtHs sINcE i'vE bEEn *sob*

9) When is your birthday?

2nd July.

10) Where are you from?

Dorset, England. 

11) Tag ten people!

oh boy:

DaMoomin

klprettykitty

BritishBoiAzzi

imacreamoo

runningdog18

UniverseGlitch

...

I can only think of 6 people---

So another little shout out to imacreamoo since she wrote a whole essay on why Error's saviour would be Reaper on my Discord XD Obviously, it was Four in the end, but she put effort into that thing!

And last tag: pinky10sb for guessing that it was Four first XD

~~~

 S O 

This chapter is over 5,000 words long, yikes

Hopefully it was worth the wait!

So, what do you think will happen when Ink arrives at the hospital?

And also I keep promising it but C r o s s m a r e      s o o n      

And Afterdeath

I promise-

y e e t 

Also yes I'm making a sequel to ILWTE!

...What am I doing---

ALSO DREAM VS GENO: ROUND TWO

Dream won this time I think aha

Well bye, hopefully I'll get a chapter out sooner next time XD

-Brooke

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 83 28
Error and Ink finally made a truce, Ink decides to step up and befriend Error. He may have failed a few times but he finally got a frenemieship with...
74.1K 2.3K 14
Hiya! I'm Bluey, and this is my first story. -×- About this story: Error is the forced God of Destruction, but an adorably innocent/clueless glitch...
158K 9.3K 73
"I'm not, I repeat, I'm NOT going to play around with you." "It's your fault why we're stuck like this." "I can disguise as a guard! We could-" "We c...
27.8K 1.1K 19
It's their starting for a new world! Ink with his childish personality, and Error with his destructive tensions. Throw curiously into the mix and wha...