Paradise: A Brittana Fanfic

By thekid05

AU. Brittany and her family relocate to Hawaii. She meets a intriguing local girl who turns her world upside... More

Kamuela
CC Jons
Kiholo
Haole
Palehua
Kohala
Hana Hou
Homecoming
October 15, 2006
Pololu Valley
Mauna Kea
Laupahoehoe Point
New Years Eve
Pahoa Tournament
Waiakea
Waimea Wooden Playground
Konawaena
Waipio Valley
Hi'ilawe
The Valley
Her Past
Beer Pong
Argument
Coming Clean
Hear Me Out
Senior Game
Secrets & Stories
Fishing Tales
Questions
Worry
Truth Be Told
Uncle Ben's
Recovery
BIIF Championships
85
Changes
States Pt. 1
States Pt. 2
Champions
Mana Road
Puddle Action
Pualena
Graduation

Spring Formal

3.6K 86 39
By thekid05

AN: Whoa. Sorry for the incredible wait there. Lol.

Time flies when you're constantly working.. So here's an update. Hope you guys enjoy =)

----------

Thousands of questions started to pop up in Brittany's mind. Were Santana and this girl serious? How long did they date? Was she prettier than her?

"I see it in your head already, Britt. Come on. Let's go grab something to eat at the food court and we can talk about it. That is, if you're down." Rachel went to grab something in her back pocket and when she reached back she winced a little as if she were in pain.

"You alright, Rach?"

"Yeah of course. I'm good. I'm just a little sore from the game." Brittany shot Rachel a look. "Yes. I did ice it okay."

"Alright, alright. So food court? What do you feel like grabbing?" She sat on her bike and turned it on. Rachel was in her car now, and was rolling down her window. "I kinda want Korean BBQ."

"Cool. Meet you over there."

Brittany slipped her helmet on her head and threw the kickstand up. The sun was just setting, and the air was cool. It was one of Brittany's favorite times to ride. She took off in front of Rachel, but made sure she wasn't speeding. The last thing she wanted was for Santana to find out and then they'd get into another argument about it.

It was around 5pm now, so that meant that there was going to be traffic. Brittany hated traffic, she hated how she would always have to accelerate a couple feet and then end up putting her foot on the ground. And that would continue on forever. This was one of the only times that she wished she had a car. This, and when it would start pouring rain while she rode.

Regardless of how frustrated she was over being stuck in traffic, the thought of Santana's ex coming to Spring Formal never left her mind. She knew that she shouldn't let it bother her. But she couldn't shake the feeling. Brittany was sort of a jealous person, and she hated that she would always get so worked up over little things.

When the girls finally reached the food court, they parked next to each other and headed inside. After getting their plates, they went to sit.

"So, to finish what we were talkin about- you don't have to worry about Jessica at Spring Formal. She's harmless, foreal. Her and San only dated little while and they ended the relationship mutually."

Brittany continued eating, not knowing what to say.

"San is still friends with most of her exes, except for Kehau of course."

And that didn't make Brittany feel any better. She didn't even know that Santana talked to any of her exes. It shouldn't matter though, right? Because Santana was with Brittany now, and that was all that mattered. But Brittany couldn't help by think that maybe deep down inside, Santana wanted to be with someone more for her. Someone, as in someone that was local and not a hauole from the mainland.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be saying it like that." Rachel must've caught on to the facial expressions that Brittany was making. She wasn't trying to make her feel bad or anything but as the thoughts continued to roam through her mind, her face must have been looking a little uneasy. "Please don't worry too much about it all, because San is a very loyal girlfriend. She would never cheat on you. Promise kine."

"I know, don't worry I'm not thinking about it too much." That was a bold faced lie. "You threw a great game today, almost a shutout."

"It was nothing, really. HPA just kinda sucks, they never usually hit off of me. Last season, San pitched and I caught when we played them."

"She... pitched?" It came to Brittany as a surprise. It wasn't something she would've thought Santana would do, so it made her curious. "Why'd that happen? Like why did Coach Sue switch you guys?"

"San made this huge deal about my shoulder. HPA was one of our last games last season and she didn't want me throwing out my arm over a team that wasn't even that good. And if it were possible, they were worse last year. We played them with eight people, because Nalani didn't make it to the game because of family issues. We TKO'd them, and San threw a hell of a game for someone who doesn't pitch like ever."

Brittany was more impressed than shocked. "I'll be sure to ask her about this later on. I can't believe she's never told me. She told me about freshman year, when they started her off in right field."

"I almost forgot about that. Right field, man she hated it. After she got catcher, she always said outfield was for the wea-" She stopped herself mid-sentence after realizing that she couldn't finish what she was saying.

"Outfield was for the wicked." She finished.

"Whatever, Rach. I know what San says about outfield. She's just made that she can't handle it out there. She has to sit the entire game."

"Are you saying I'm weak, Brittany Pierce?" Santana sat in the chair next to Brittany with a smirk on her face. "Because if you are, I'd be pretty upset."

"You said it first, babe. According to your best friend here," Brittany continued. "You think all outfielders are weak. When you actually started out there."

"Did she?" Rachel put her head down and continued eating her food. "Yes, I did start there. But I moved because I was too good for outfield."

Brittany pushed Santana playfully, and they all laughed. "I prefer you at catcher anyway, babe. I love being able to always see you from center."

The smile on Santana's face grew as she looking into her girlfriend's eyes. They continued staring for a couple more seconds until Rachel interrupted.

"Ahem, alright that's enough love birds. I'm still sitting right here." She was cleaning up her area. "I gotta get going though, my dad's are waiting for me at home."

"Alright. See you later, Rach." Before she left, she fist bumped them and walked out of the food court. Santana moved to the seat across from Brittany and smiled. "So. Spring formal. I was thinking, we could ride down with the girls in a limo. Good idea or no?"

She had forgotten about Spring Formal for a few minutes until Santana brought it up again.

"That sounds like a great idea. Quinn and I had a limo with a few friends our sophomore year. It was pretty awesome." Brittany was trying to sound enthusiastic but with the thoughts back in her head she was having a hard time.

"Are you okay, babe? You don't sound like yourself."

"I'm alright. Don't worry."

She finished up her plate and they walked back outside.

"I'll meet you at your place okay?"

And with a kiss, the girls headed to Brittany's house for the night.

---------

The next week and a half went by in a hurry. Brittany was going around trying to pick up things for spring formal, which included make up she needed, a purse and a corsage to give to Santana. Brittany had never been to a formal dance with a girlfriend before, let alone a date. She was excited because she would've never imagined going to spring formal with the most amazing girlfriend.

Softball was going extremely well. The last two games they played were against Kealakehe and Kohala, which were both wins. So up until this point, their only lost was against Konawaena. The next game was against Kamehameha.

"Are you excited Britt? I mean, it's spring formal!" Quinn sounded more excited than her. Of course she was excited, why wouldn't she be? It was finally the night of spring formal. Brittany was at home, skyping with her bestfriend while her mom did her hair. She went with the medium length blue dress that Quinn said would look good on her. The corsage that she bought for Santana was beautiful. Up until this point, she didn't know what Santana would be wearing. But whatever it was, she knew that her girlfriend would look amazing.

"Of course I'm excited Q. Gosh, calm down."

"How can I? THIS IS YOUR FIRST PROM WITH A DATE! I tried for years to get you to go with someone to prom. Or the homecoming dance. But nothing." She pretended to wipe tears from her eyes. "My bestfriend is all grown up."

The statement made Brittany's mom chuckle.

"I can't believe you aren't here, Q. It'd be amazing if you just happened to show up. I'm sure Rachel would be bawling like a baby."

"Most likely. I wish I could be there too. It's alright, we'll all go to some formal function in college together. All of us. Me, you, San and Rach." Quinn grabbed her phone off of the table and held it up to her. "Look what I did to my phone today, though."

"The fuck?"

"Brittany!"

"Sorry mom." Her face flushed a little. She hated getting scoldings from her mom. "What did you do?"

"I dropped it when I was getting into Tina's truck. And when it hit the ground, I literally died because I heard it crack."

"That sucks, Q. Now you have to wait until your next upgrade."

"There you go, baby. All done." Brittany looked up into the mirror and admired her mothers work. Her hair was down, straightened with slight curls at the ends. It was exactly how she wanted it. "Do you like it?"

"I love it, mom. Thank you."

"Stand up B! I wanna see." Brittany stood so that she could show Quinn. "Oh my God Britt it's perfect!"

As she was finishing up her make up, the doorbell rung and her mom went to answer. From upstairs, she heard her mom say, "Oh my gosh, Santana. You look so beautiful. Brittany is just finishing up. She'll be down any minute."

"I gotta go, Q. I'll take choke pictures for you okay?"

"Choke? Did you just say choke?" Quinn started laughing a little. Her bestfriend was slowly using the terms without realizing it.

"Wow. That just came out."

"You better get going, Britt. San is waiting for you. Text me when it's all over with some pictures okay? Have a great time."

"Thanks. I will. See ya later."

And with that Brittany signed off and took one last look in the mirror before walking out of the room. She was nervous, because what if she didn't look good? What if Santana thought that she wasn't as beautiful as she expected her to be?

The nerves were overtaking her body now, and she started to tremble a little.

As she made her way to the stairs, she took a deep breath in a attempt to calm down. But before she even reached the first step, she closed her eyes and quickly turned around and started walking back towards her room. She took a couple steps forward when she heard, "You look amazing."

Brittany turned to see that Santana was halfway up the stairs, making her way over to her with a corsage in her hand. She looked stunning, with a black short length dress. Her hair was half up, half down and looking good as ever.

"Where are you going? You look absolutely breathtaking." Brittany smiled. "Come on. We have to get going. The girls are waiting in the limo."

Brittany took her hand and they walked down the stairs together. Her mom was at the bottom of the stairs with her camera in her hand snapping a million pictures a second. They had a mini photoshoot, and put their corsages on each other.

"Have a good evening baby. Call me if you need anything alright? But I'm sure you are going to be very well taken cared of." She smiled at Santana, who returned the gesture. "Bye girls."

"Bye." They said in unison, as they headed out the door and towards the limo that was parked outside.

"Oh my God, Sooner. You look hella good!"

Everyone was dressed up, and ready to have a good night at spring formal.

The ride over to the hotel was great, full of laughs and fun. The limo pulled up to the front and everyone got out. Brittany and Santana came out last, and followed the rest of the team to the entrance of the ballroom. They were at the Hilton Waikoloa Village Hotel, one of the nicest on the island.

When everyone was finally checked in, they made their way to their table and sat down. Santana made her usual rounds around the room, telling everyone hi. The football boys were a couple tables over and Santana hadn't gotten there yet.

"Which girl is she?"

"What?" Rachel turned to look at her, while pressing send on the text message that she was writing. "Oh, Jessica?"

Brittany nodded without saying another word.

"It's the girl sitting next to Rory." She looked, and the girl was really pretty. She had a bright pink dress on, while Rory wore a suit with a matching tie and boutonniere. "Like I said, Britt. Don't worry about her."

And for the time being, she wouldn't be. It wasn't until later, that she would start to worry.

----------

Brittany and Santana were standing in line to take pictures when someone came up behind Santana and tackled hugged her. She turned to see that it was Jessica.

"Jess!" Santana hugged her, and smiled. "I never know you was coming. Rory brought you?"

"Of course, you know that guy. He gets all sappy over things like this. We always have to go." She turned to Brittany, and shot her the same smile that she gave Santana. "And who's this, San?"

"Jess, this is my girlfriend Brittany. Britt, this is Jess. My uh- my.."

"I'm her ex." She finished for Santana.

Brittany kissed her hi and took a couple steps back. "It's nice to meet you."

"I'm glad to see you've finally someone to make you happy, San. I'd better get back to Rory, I told him I was going bathroom when I spotted you and I had to come tell you hi."

"Haha. Only you ah."

Jess turned and walked away. Brittany was left with a thought that bothered her, the fact that Santana had a little trouble saying that she was her ex girlfriend. But maybe it was just because she was put on the spot? She shook it off, hoping that it was just nothing.

When it was finally their turn to take pictures, the photographer got them into position.

"Wait uncle. I like switch um up. Can?"

He nodded, while adjusting his camera lens. At that point, they were just standing next to each other. They didn't think the photographer was aware that they were a couple. Brittany sat on the square box while Santana placed her hands on her shoulders and stood as closer as she could to her.

"Very nice girls. Nice look here. Ready? 1, 2, 3." He snapped a couple pictures, and just like that they were finished.

"I hope they turn out nice." Brittany fixed her heel strap, then continued walking with Santana.

"They will. Uncle takes nice pictures every year." They went back to the table and sat down.

After dinner and the presentation of spring formal king and queen were announced, the MC announced that there was going to be a song for all the couple in the room. The music started playing.

Santana looked to Brittany and smiled. She stood up from her chair, and held her hand out to her. "May I have this dance, beautiful?"

"Why, yes you may." She followed Santana's lead and joined the rest of the couples on the floor.

Brittany placed her hands on Santana's shoulders while she placed her hands around Brittany's waist.

When the visions around you,
Bring tears to your eyes
And all that surround you,
Are secrets and lies
I'll be your strength,
I'll give you hope,
Keeping your faith when it's gone
The one you should call,
Was standing here all along..

"Can I tell you a secret?" Brittany asked.

"Of course you can, babe. What is it?"

And I will take
You in my arms
And hold you right where you belong
Till the day my life is through
This I promise you
This I promise you

"I've never slow danced before."

Santana looked at her girlfriend, with a surprised look on her face.

I've loved you forever,
In lifetimes before
And I promise you never...
Will you hurt anymore
I give you my word
I give you my heart
This is a battle we've won
And with this vow,
Forever has now begun...

Just close your eyes
Each loving day
I know this feeling won't go away
Till the day my life is through
This I promise you..
This I promise you..

"Never?"

Brittany shook her head, confirming what Santana had said.

"Well, do you want to know something?" Brittany looked into Santana's eyes. "Neither have I."

They continued swaying together, in perfect unison. Like they had been here, doing this, a thousand times before. Brittany placed her head on Santana's, and smiled.

Over and over I fall
When I hear you call
Without you in my life baby
I just wouldn't be living at all...

And I will take
You in my arms
And hold you right where you belong
Till the day my life is through
This I promise you baby

"I love you, Santana Lopez. And I couldn't have asked for a better dance and song for my first slow dance."

They kissed once, then followed that with a longer one, filled with passion and heat.

"I love you too, Brittany S. Pierce."

Just close your eyes
Each loving day (each loving day)
I know this feeling won't go away (no..)
Every word I say is true
This I promise you

Every word I say is true
This I promise you
Ooh, I promise you...

Once the slow song finished, the music became fast and upbeat. Everyone started filling the dance floor. Nearly everyone there was dancing now, and the floor was really crowded.

After a couple songs, Brittany wanted to sit down for a bit. She hadn't taken her heels off like Santana had, and now her feet were killing her.

Kalei and Rachel were sitting at the table, enjoying yet another piece of cake.

"Hey Britt. Tired already?"

"Not tired, more like my feet are killing me from these heels." She slipped them off and massaged her feet. "I don't know how half those girls do it."

"No one has their heels on, that's how they do it." Kalei pointed back to the dance floor and noticed that every single girl on the dance floor was bare footed.

Brittany scanned the crowd, watching as her fellow classmates and friends were dancing the night away, having a good time. The front doors to the ballroom were unlocked now. The doors were not open during the dance because the teachers didn't want anyone going outside and drinking, then coming back in. So for a set time, the doors remained locked.

And that's when Brittany saw her. Santana was dancing with Jessica. It wasn't anything bad, but it pulled on her jealousy strings. It played them like a six string guitar and the longer she watched the further the strings were stretched. And what the worst part about it was, it looked like Santana was having a great time.

"Britt?" Nothing. She didn't say a word. "Hey. It's nothing. I know who you're looking at."

"She looks like she's having a better time dancing with her than with me."

"But you were just up there with he-"

She cut Rachel off. "Yeah. Was. What if she was just waiting for me to get off of the dance floor so she could dance with her?"

Brittany stood up from the table and grabbed her purse. She turned and walked out of the ballroom without looking back.

"Kalei. Let San know that I went after Britt okay." And Rachel stood up and followed Brittany outside.

She was walking really fast down towards the pool area. She didn't want to be with anyone or let alone talk to them.

Pulling her phone out, she called the one person she knew would answer.

"Britt, it's like really late. Whatsup? How was spring formal?" But before she said anything, Quinn spoke again. "You saw her ex, didn't you. What happened?"

"She was really nice, okay. Nothing was wrong with her. But because she was so nice, it bothered me like she had some kind of underlying plan to uproot our relationship and get Santana back."

"I told you about thinking like that." Quinn sat up in her bed now, realizing that this conversation was going to take much longer than five minutes. "I told you to trust Santana. What happened to that?"

"I do trust her!"

"Then why think like this? Why always assume that whenever someone is talking with their ex, their gonna cheat on you? This isn't anyone you've dated before. She loves you and from what I know about Santana, she's loyal. Very, very loyal. Don't let you're jealousy get in the way of you seeing that, Britt. Because it could mess everything up for you one day. And I don't want to see you hurt. Not again."

Her words cut into her. She knew she was right. Santana hadn't done anything up till this point to show Brittany that she wasn't to be trusted. In fact, it was the exact opposite.

"I know that, but it's hard okay?"

"Brittany?"

She heard someone say her name, but not a voice that she really recognized. That's when she turned, and realized.

It was Jessica.

-----

The word used is This I Promise You by N*Sync.

I hope you guys haven't lost hope on my story! I'm still here, and will be getting updates out WEEKLY. Promise.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.4K 727 17
(Completed) Santana is a college student, studying abroad with her best friend Quinn. She's never been on her own and has always had someone controll...
4.6K 179 15
Brittany gets a call that changes her life forever. Brittana and a little of Faberry & Samcedes. This was my first long piece that I had ever written...
19.7K 286 14
Pezberry fanfiction
9.2K 211 23
This story takes place during season 2. I play around with what some events that took place in this season. The story starts with Rachel and Quinn...