Number Neighbour » h.s

By harrylilies

Where Nina texts her number neighbour and applies as Harry Styles' new photographer. [ real life x oc ] [ soc... More

Prologue
Characters
[one]
[two]
[three]
[four]
[five]
[six]
[eight]
[nine]
[ten]
[eleven]
[twelve]
[thirteen]
[fourteen]
[fifteen]
[sixteen]
[seventeen]
important A/N
[eighteen]
[nineteen]
[twenty]
[twenty one]
[twenty two]
[twenty three]
[twenty four]
[twenty five]
[twenty six]
[twenty seven]
[twenty eight]
[twenty nine]
[thirty]
[thirty one]
[thirty two]
[thirty three: final]
Epilogue
blurbs & one shots
[63rd grammy's]
[love on tour: vegas]
[harryween II]

[seven]

13.3K 338 514
By harrylilies

Seated beside each other, with matching blushing cheeks and a bowl of popcorn in the middle, Harry and Nina chose to watch The Princess Diaries. Just because.

You know how in movies, the character would not-so-subtly stretch so they could put their arm around their date's shoulders? Harry wanted to do that, not that it was a date, no. It wasn't. It wasn't.
It wasn't, right?
But he didn't. He stole glances instead and he wished he was a good painter so he could paint Nina because good God she was beautiful.

Freckles were scattered on her face, reminding him of the stars they watched together just a few hours ago. Her nose was adorable, it took everything for him not to bop it because he was sure that would be just weird. Her eyelashes were thick and long, complimenting her eyes.

Her eyes.

Harry wasn't exactly sure what colour Nina's eyes were but they were a mix of brown and green from up close, looking green from afar but sometimes brown, too. It was almost a metaphor for Harry. He couldn't really read her character, exactly like how he wasn't sure what colour were her eyes yet. Yet.

And her lips.
The first time Harry met Nina at the club, her lips drew him in. Of course he wanted to kiss her. Hell, he wouldn't mind having swollen lips if it meant he'd keep kissing her. He can't deny imagining her in a not-so-holy position that looked exactly like a praying one but boy was it so far from praying. He shook the thought off because as much as he wanted to get laid and make love to someone, he couldn't be so vulgar with his imagination like that when he had just known the girl. But he also wanted to know how it felt to softly peck her lips, leaving lingering small kisses of affection over and over until she giggled and told him to stop but it'd come out broken and it'd be shown that she wanted him to do everything but actually stop. He was almost sure she was a great kisser.

"Hey," Nina suddenly said quietly, a bemused grin starting to form on her face as she turned to look at Harry, who was already looking at her but she payed no mind to it despite Harry humming and scratching his chin to avoid embarrassment. "Can you do this?"

She held a single popcorn before throwing it in the air, successfully catching it in her mouth and turning to look at him excitedly.

She was adorable to say the least.

Harry raised his eyebrows, smiling widely before grabbing a popcorn. "Girl, hold my hoops."

It wasn't everyday that Nina imagined him saying something like that and it's why she bursted out laughing, covering her mouth as she did. Harry grinned at the reaction before throwing the popcorn in the air and catching it with his mouth.

Nina put her hands close to her mouth, mimicking cheering audience. "He scores!"

Bumping his fist in the air, Harry looked left and right as to thank the "audience".
He took another one from the popcorn, leaning back, "Open up."

Nina giggled, perching back on the sofa before opening her mouth and watching his hand closely, leaning slightly forward when he threw it. "Poo," She scrunched her nose when she didn't catch it, taking it where it fell on her (his) joggers, "Again."

This time, she caught it. Both of them looked at each other with excitement, raising their arms up before high fiving.

"Your turn." She held one kernel, "She shoots," She said in an announcer voice before throwing it, watching Harry lean and catch it, "And she scores!"

Harry laughed, "You're crazy, you know that?"

"Oh no, want me to leave?" And he knew she was joking, she looked like it, but Harry instantly shook his head.

"No." He smiled softly, "Don't want that."

Nina wasn't entirely sure why this made her heart flutter. The only thing that came to her mind was the shooting star she wished upon hours ago; a new beginning.
But could it be? Could a new beginning start when things haven't ended for her?

They scooted closer to one another again, turning to watch the movie again, both of their minds being everywhere but what was on the screen.

Maybe it was how so much happened that day and night, or all the thoughts in her mind, or her stopping herself from cuddling to Harry's side, that tired her. But with no heads up or warnings, her eyes got droopy and so did her head and before any of them knew it, her head rested on Harry's shoulder.

He was taken aback but the second he glanced down slowly as to not disturb her, Harry was a goner. Her eyes were closed, body growing heavier as he saw her body gently and slowly move with the deep breaths she took. Harry smiled to himself, leaning back and opening his arm to wrap it around her, his smile only widening and his heart beating faster when she scooted closer to him, her arm moving to rest on his waist, gripping his sweatshirt.

His back will definitely hurt like a bitch tomorrow but Harry couldn't dare to move and disturb her. So sleeping on the sofa while sitting up was what he did.

Nina wasn't sure if she was seeing a rom-com or did she really wake up to find her body on top of Harry's?

Somewhere in the middle of their sleep, Harry sprawled on the sofa, Nina's body fully on top of his, her left arm around his waist, head on his chest and her hand beside her face there with his arms wrapped securely around her waist.

Harry was peacefully sleeping, as if not being able to toss and turn was no issue.
She tried to stop herself from smiling but she couldn't. Raising her head to peak at him, she let out a small sigh before resting her head back on his chest, not daring to move and wake him up.

Nina stayed awake, daydreaming and thinking for about 20 more minutes before she felt Harry shift underneath her, unclasping his hands to move one while keeping the other on her back, feeling him move his arm to his face to rub his eyes.

Nina moved her head, raising it up to look at him sleepily but with a bashful smile. "Good morning."

Harry's lips instantly formed a smile, face full on breaking into a gleeful expression. "'Morning, love. Sleep well?" It was probably too early for the teasing but Harry's tone made Nina blush, "I did."

"Shut up." She muttered with a smile, resting her forehead on his chest for a moment as they both laughed softly. "Should've woken me up. I feel sorry for your back."

"Could've done that but you looked tired." He put his other hand back on her back. He also could've told her that she looked way too adorable and he liked the physical contact but he decided to play it cool. "I'm not in pain."

Her mind didn't take control when she leaned forward, pecking his cheek softly, letting her lips linger for a moment against his smooth skin before she pulled back to look at him.
Harry had a dumbfounded smile on his face and if it wasn't for him respecting her space and pace, he would've reached forward and grabbed her face to press his lips against hers.

"Dibs on the bathroom." She eagerly said before getting up carefully, running her hands through her hair, feeling Harry's eyes on her.
He crossed his arms behind his back, full on looking at her as she put her hair up in a ponytail, tying it with the band around her wrist. "Do you think you might have a spare toothbrush? It's okay if you don't."

"I do, love. First drawer in the bathroom."

His voice did something to her. It was raspy from his sleep and low, waking the part in Nina that reminded her all the time of the last time she got any action.

"Thank you." She said gratefully before she moved up the stairs and to his room.

Harry gave out a sigh to himself, beginning to sit up before he noticed the sight in his joggers. He knew his dreams weren't all that saintlike but he hoped Nina didn't catch sight of the boner that was way too obvious for his liking.
He carried himself towards the other bathroom downstairs to wash up and take care of his business, wanting to get things over with so he can start cooking breakfast.

Not long after, Harry was in the kitchen taking necessary ingredients out before connecting his phone to the speakers he kept in the kitchen.

Hearing Rosie by John Mayer, Nina smiled to herself as she walked towards the sound, approaching the kitchen. She saw Harry's back, seeing him sway and hearing him singing along softly.

It was the sound of her giggle that grabbed Harry's attention, making him turn. He grinned once he saw her, "Hi."

"Hi, rockstar." She replied.

"Pancakes and omelette, how does that sound to us?"

"Sounds incredible." Nina approached him, "I'm on pancakes duty."

"How do I know if you make good pancakes or not?" He asked teasingly, raising an eyebrow at her.

Mimicking his expression, she put her hands on her waist, stepping closer to him. "There's only one way to find out."

Harry needed to control his eyes because as soon as she was that close to him, his eyes were on her lips. "Can't wait."

Nina's breath hitched in her throat, sneaking a glance at his lips before clearing her throat and turning towards the counter, Harry letting out a cough before running his hand through his hair.

"Hi and welcome to today's episode of Nina and Harry in the kitchen," Nina said to no one in particular, "Today we're going to be making some wicked pancakes and mean omelette, right, Harry?"

Harry giggled, standing beside her before unlocking his phone and opening the camera, setting it on video before flipping the camera so they were seen. He perched it on the wall, putting the small salt cellar in front of it so it didn't fall before recording, grinning as Nina laughed.

"Can we do the intro again?" He asked, looking at her.

She nodded, clearing her throat before exhaling as if she was getting ready.

"3, 2, 1," Harry counted, "Action!"

"Hi and welcome to today's episode of Nina and Harry in the kitchen," They both waved, "Harry, can you tell our big audience what we're making today?"

"Of course, Nina," He replied dramatically, "Today we're going to be making some wicked pancakes," Nina laughed as he emphasised, "And mean omelette."

"Yes, we are."

"First step is we're going to add flour, 2 eggs, milk and a pinch of salt."

Harry and Nina went on with their pancakes and imaginary show, not a second going by that they weren't laughing in at how dorky they were being.

As Harry was heating up the pan, Nina unlocked her phone. "Can I connect to the speakers?"

"Of course."

Since Harry's phone was already disconnected because of the recording, Nina connected right away, opening her "Throwbacks" playlist, all while standing in front of Harry's recording phone, forgetting about it for a second. "Do we feel like Rihanna?"

"We always feel like Rihanna." Harry answered, glancing back at her.

He definitely didn't expect her to play Umbrella.
Putting her phone down, Nina raised her hands, rapping along with Jay-Z as she looked at Harry who was bobbing his head dramatically, closing his eyes.

Approaching him, Nina helped him by scooping the batter and dropping it in the pan, Harry moving to move his phone. He stopped the video, instantly starting another one before putting it on the table so it showed them in front of the stove.

"But you'll still be my star." Nina and Harry sang, pointing at each other, "Baby, 'cause in the dark, you can't see shiny cars."

Harry watched as Nina flipped the pancake, both of them singing and swaying.

Opening his palm towards her, Nina put hers in as they danced. "When the sun shines, we shine together."

Harry twirled Nina, who laughed as she did before she held his hand, gesturing for him to twirl. They were a giggling mess because Harry was taller than her but they made it work.
Putting her hands on his shoulders, Harry let his rest on her waist.

"Now that it's raining more than ever, know that we still have each other." They both sang dramatically, swaying.

"You can stand under my umbrella."

"Ella, ella, ella, eh, eh, eh." Despite it not going with the tune but Harry still kept an open palm on Nina's back, dipping her.

Nina went back up, laughter dying down to small giggles as her face was only inches away from Harry's.
Added to the list of moments when they both wanted to do nothing but to press their lips against each other was that one.

Her eyes were hazel.

This time, they both leaned in. Harry's eyes going back and forth from her eyes to her lips, Nina looking at his eyes and she wanted nothing but to photograph them because good God they were heavenly.

The moment their lips were against each other was when they closed their eyes. Her hands on his shoulders gently clutching, his securely on her waist. Moving one arm, he kept one hand on her back, pulling her closer.

He was right, but not entirely. He guessed that she was a great kisser but great was an understatement.
He felt the slight hesitance first but then she melted, moving her lips against his as her hands moved to his neck, fingers in his hair.

The kiss was needy but soft, slow and in rhythm. Their bodies were pressed against each other, their lips still attached before they slowly pulled away.
She was in a daze. Seeming to have no control over herself as she leaned forward again to peck his lips, not missing the way his lips turned up into a smile.

Maybe they would've stayed in that position for more time but so little could be done when the pancake they were making starting to burn.

But at least Harry's phone caught the moment.

8,829 likes

hes.tylesupdates Harry seen in a house party in London with photographer, Nina Maye.

View all 3,004 comments

username1 that highlighter though

username2 are they dating??

username3 frat!boy harry coming to life

username4 i ship

username5 hahahahahahaha no.

username6 WHAT IF IT'S A PHOTOSHOOT???

username7 no. first camilla toe now this. no.

username8 she doesn't deserve him
username9 how do you even know??? literally nobody knows anything bad about nina
username8 @username9 um nobody knows anything about her, does this ring any bell? she's obviously using him
username10 👏👏
username11 lmfao just because your ignorant ass doesn't know who nina maye is doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. the girl who shot only few of the biggest campaigns when she was only 17 and only keeps getting better at her job (which she earned) and can probably buy you and your family altogether.
username12 you say that as if you know her so well. as if you even know harry himself. we literally know nothing about them and they can even only be friends and even if more, if you can't respect his decision then don't hate on her just because you're jealous and think you know what's best for him. he's a grown ass man who doesn't need the input of a 15 year old fangirl in his life. bye.

"Think I need to start packing today." Nina said after swallowing her bite of omelette.

Harry hummed, "How are you going by the way?"

"With the rest of the crew, how else?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"With me." He gave her a shrug.

"Oh." She slumped sheepishly, "Uh, I don't know."

He put down his fork, leaning forward to rest his elbows on the table. "Instead of being on a plane for about 2 hours and a half with people you don't know, you can join me instead."

"Oh, so we know each other now?" Nina joked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'd like to think I didn't kiss a stranger in my kitchen a few minutes ago, with proof on my phone." He replied with the same tone, knowing he got her when she blushed and rolled her eyes at him.

"Shut up." She mumbled, looking down at her plate.

Nina's mind was her first and worst enemy. She was an overthinker; something she hated about herself but couldn't stop doing.

She wanted this to be strictly business.
No, scratch that. She wished this could've been strictly business but she didn't want nor hope so.
Nina wished for a new beginning, one that assured her that her love life wouldn't end with confusion and heartbreak. And while she wished for that, she knew things were easier said than done.

But kissing Harry was easy, avoiding his lips wasn't. How could it ever be easy when he was like that? Himself?

"I don't really," She paused, choosing her words, "I don't want them to think something's going on."

"Oh." Harry replied, furrowing his eyebrow. "Isn't there? Something going on, I mean."

"I don't know. Do you want to?"

"I want to take you out properly and kiss you again, I do. In fact, I want to kiss you right now." He answered right away, leaning back in his chair as he kept his eyes on her.

"And I'll kiss you back but," She sighed, "Look, Harry," She took a breath, putting her arms on the table, "I love my job. I reached where I am without anyone's help but my talent and got lucky when I met Chris. I don't want anyone thinking I'm only shooting this because something's going on. You know when they, like, see us together."

Harry understood and he appreciated her telling him. He stood up from his stool to approach her, Nina turning her body towards his. "I understand and I respect whatever decision you're going to take, yeah? But no matter what you do, people know how insanely good at your job you are."

Nina smiled gratefully, putting her hands on his chest to softly pull him closer to kiss his lips. "I know I don't want to stop kissing you but-" She whispered, opening her eyes to look at his, "Can we take this slow?"

"Your own pace." He assured, pecking her lips, "I shouldn't have done that, should I?"

Nina leaned closer, pecking his lips. "Definitely shouldn't."

"Slow."

"Very slow." She giggled before looking seriously at him, "I-" She stopped, "I don't have the most repaired heart."

Nina felt like she wanted to give him a warning. Heads up. A chance for him to turn around.

Harry nodded slowly, wrapping his arms around her, "And I'm okay with that. At your own pace. I'm not asking for anything. Maybe a date soon."

"I'd love to go on a date with you."

"Good. Think we've had enough unofficial dates." He smiled, kissing her cheek.

"I really need to grab my things from Finn's house." She said suddenly, looking at him with a smile.

He nodded, "Let me change and we can go."

After changing to her clothes from the previous night, Nina took the opportunity of Harry changing to text her friend.

[Text Message]
{ Mick🥬, Nini📷 }

Nini📷:
i have so many things to tell you
but i'll text you later tonight
anyway, i think you'll like the updates
thanks to you anyway there ARE updates to tell
xx

Glancing at Harry's phone which was on the opposite sofa as it dinged with new notification, Nina leaned back on the chair she was sitting on and opened a game on her phone as she waited for Harry.

ninamaye added to their story.

6,193 likes

hes.tylesupdates Harry with a fan in London. via fanaccount

View all 2,723 comments

username1 is it true he was with nina?
hes.tylesupdates Yes.

username2 his hair🥺

username3 hina
username4 i ship them but that sounds awful

username5 nina 🤢

fanaccount you guys hate on her for NO REASON! she was so nice and she offered to take the picture of harry and i and we took a picture together (which she was okay with retaking because i had my eyes closed) and was just overall so freaking adorable and kind??? give her a break. harry looks like he really likes her but idk if they're friends or more

//

i can't wait to share what's up with nina's past. cannot. wait.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

372K 9.9K 30
( 🍝 ) - 𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄 | in which harry styles decides to take a break from the music industry for about a year and moves to italy with his girlfr...
91.1K 1.3K 105
(COMPLETED) started april 2021 - ended in february 2022 She just wanted a little fun, so she texted her number neighbor, turns out to be a lot more...
2.2K 84 3
in which you and Harry got matched for a penpal thing back in middle school (but it's been 10 years now since you've last corresponded and you'd pret...
151K 4.8K 89
Nola, and her three beautiful girls, are looking for a fresh start. When they take up temporary residence in her grandparents home in London, she is...