One Weekend - Grown Ups

By saintpug

Maxon is the thirteen year old daughter of Marcus Higgins. When Maxi's dad gets a phone call saying his old c... More

The Call Chapter 1
Funeral Service Chapter 2
Food Chapter 3
The Lake house Chapter 4
Wilderness Chapter 5
Dinner Chapter 6
Scared Chapter 7
Morning Chapter 8
Canoe Chapter 9
By the lake Chapter 10
Protective Chapter 12
Water Park Chapter 13
Rides Chapter 14
Weird Chapter 15
Drunk dad Chapter 16
Dead man Chapter 17
Fourth of July Chapter 18
Arrow Roulette Chapter 19
Good Bye Chapter 20
New Books Chapter 21

Cup Phones and Greg Chapter 11

4.7K 77 5
By saintpug

I giggle as Donna starts talking about a cute guy she met at school. 

" He sound cool. " I say into the cup. 

She nods. " He is. And so so cute! " 

" Hey! Didn't I say no cell phones?! " Mr. Feder yells as he walks into the room. " I thought we had a deal. " He quiets down once he realizes we're using cup phones. " 

" What's up dad? " Greg asks as we all turn towards Lenny. 

" Are those cup phones? " 

" Yeah! Charlotte told us how to make them. Check out Becky's. " Kiethie says smiling. 

" Look dad, I've got a cup waiting. I gotta call you back. I'm on with sponge Bob. " I chuckle and Lenny smiles. 

Donna's dog barks and Bean pops out of the chest he's in. " Was that a turkey? " 

" Yo Andre, can you hear me? " Greg asks. I can hear him since cup is connected with mine. 

" Crystal clear. Can you hear me? " I hear Andre's voice. 

" Oh yeah. " Greg smiles. 

Lenny makes his way over to the bath room where Andre is. Donna makes a weird face as she talks to me and Charlotte. 

" ...the best thing about these, " I get distracted from my conversation with the girls to Andre's conversation with Greg. I have a string connection to his cup too. " is we can leave a cup in the shower, and listen to Jasmine clean herself tomorrow. " 

My heart pangs in a little bit of..jealousy? Yeah, I think it's jealousy. 

I guess Greg and Andre really like Jazzy. She's nice. I met her earlier. 

" What?! " Lenny opens the shower curtain, scaring Andre half to death. 

I chuckle and Lenny turns to us after taking Andre's cup. " Attention children! There has been a request from the phone company. Would you pleas install cup phones in ever adult bed room? Right away. " 

Everyone kid jumps up and we head out on our assignment. 

I grab some string and attach it to my cup. I leave my cup in the room as Lenny opens the door leading to Mama's room. Deanne's mama is pretty....interesting to listen to. She talks to herself sometimes. 

I rolls the string down the steps to the couch where dad is staying. He's on his phone, probably texting a girl friend or something. " Hey pumpkin. " Dad says glancing up from his phone. " What are you doing? " 

" Installing a cup phone. Greg's dad said to install one in ever adults room. " I hand him a cup and rolls the string out a bit more so he has room to move. 

" Oh. That's..interesting. " Dad looks at the cup as I take it out of his hands. I attach the string to his cup and smile proudly. 

" You cup is done daddy. " 

Dad smiles. I hug him and kiss his cheek. He kisses my softly and hugs me back. " Good night Maxon. " 

" Night daddy. " I hurry upstairs to try out the new cup phone. 

I'm the first to arrive. I put my cup to my mouth and call into it. " Daddy, can you hear me? " I ask loudly. 

" Yup. " Is dad's response. " I can hear you clear as day. " 

I giggle and put the cup to my mouth as I get in bed. The other kids chat together as they get into their beds. 

" What's going on over there? It sounds like a stampede of wild horses. " 

I laugh. " Everyone's trying out their new cup phone. " 

Dad laughs. " It sounds crazy from here. " 

" It's crazy here. " I smile. " What are you up too? " 

" I'm talking to you. " 

" What were you doing on your phone? " I ask as I glance at Greg. He smiles at me and waves a bit. I blush and smile back. 

" I was looking a bunch of pictures on my phone. " 

" Oh. " I nod. " I love you daddy. " 

" Love you too kiddo. Get some rest. " 

" Bye. " I say softly into the phone. 

" Bye sweetheart. " 

I ' hang up ', and Kiethie holds out a few movies. " Okay, who's ready to see another horror? " 

My heart pounds again. Not me. Not me. 

Everyone but me decides on a movie called ' Happy Death Day '. 

I curl up again and shiver at the scary parts. " Hey, are you okay? " Greg asks softly. 

I shake my head. " I'm scared. I hate these movies. " 

" Oh. I can tell Kiethie to change it. " 

" No. I'll, I'll be fine. I don't want to ruin their night. " I sigh. 

" Are you sure? " 

I nod. 

" Well, I'm here. Want to hold my hand? Will that help? Or do you want to go to your dad? " 

" I'll, I'll hold your hand. " I don't want to seem like a baby for going to see dad. Greg stretches out his hand and I carefully take it. 

My heart pounds and I feel butterflies. I turn away from Greg, happy the darkness can disguise my blushing. I'm sure I'm as red as an over ripe strawberry. 

I jump at a scary part and hide my head in Greg's arm. He hugs me a bit and I breath heavily. 

I finally fall asleep after feeling a little bit safer and tiring myself out with all my thinking about what I'm feeling. Emotions can be so over whelming. It's hard to understand them. 

I feel butterflies and very nervous when I'm around Greg. I blush a lot for no reason when he compliments me or even just talks to me. When Greg smiles at me, I feel really shy. What's up with me? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.7K 1.8K 20
Josh and Katie have been best friends since he first moved nextdoor midway through freshman year. They were attached to the hip and acted like they'v...
68 33 11
Eleana Rodriguez, a high school girl who like all other people, dreams of having a thing with her crush, the most popular guy, Marcus Chase and let's...
6.3K 157 18
Rivals to Lovers <3 El had met Max when she had joined the party 5 years ago, when she was 13. And now she's 18 and graduated. In school, they were...
436K 11.5K 51
Every woman's fantasy is to be married with someone they love someday. Most women are excited and ecstatic when planning their marriage ceremony with...