One Weekend - Grown Ups

By saintpug

Maxon is the thirteen year old daughter of Marcus Higgins. When Maxi's dad gets a phone call saying his old c... More

The Call Chapter 1
Funeral Service Chapter 2
Food Chapter 3
The Lake house Chapter 4
Wilderness Chapter 5
Dinner Chapter 6
Scared Chapter 7
Canoe Chapter 9
By the lake Chapter 10
Cup Phones and Greg Chapter 11
Protective Chapter 12
Water Park Chapter 13
Rides Chapter 14
Weird Chapter 15
Drunk dad Chapter 16
Dead man Chapter 17
Fourth of July Chapter 18
Arrow Roulette Chapter 19
Good Bye Chapter 20
New Books Chapter 21

Morning Chapter 8

5.1K 85 8
By saintpug

" Oh look how adorable this is! I didn't think Higgins would be such a softy like this. Look it. " Someone gushes. 

The warm surface next to me moves a bit. 

" What a cute father/daughter moment. So sweet. I've got to get a picture. " Another woman says. I hear the click of a camera and I yawn. 

" Shh! She's waking up! " 

" The birdie's here! " Someone says walking into the room. " Oh look at that. " 

I sit up straighter and yawn a bit. I rub my eyes. My dad snores a bit and his head rolls onto the side of the couch. I guess we fell asleep sitting up while he was comforting me. Dad mumbles something about darn rabbits and tinker bell. 

" Hey sweetie. " Sally greets. 

" Morning. " I mumble sleepily. 

" Why were you down here? I thought you were gonna sleep with the other kids. "  

" I got scared. " I blush. 

Sally smiles sympathetically. " Oh. I get scared all the time. Don't be embarrassed for going to your dad for comfort. " 

I smile at her a bit as Lenny slaps Robbie with a weird looking thing. Dried banana? We tried some in class one time when we were learning about processed foods and dried food. It's not that bad. I guess it's a little different from what I usually eat, but it's okay. 

Roxanne walks down the steps in a fancy outfit. Everyone but Robbie and Lenny who are still talking about food and slapping each other with dried banana, Lenny, turns to look at Roxanne. 

" Those are Christian Louboutin shoes! " Sally gushes. 

" I know, I know. I'm over dressed. But sorry, I packed for Milan. Not the lake. " She glances at Lenny. 

Robbie hands he a cup of Joe that's made from acorns. I wonder how that tastes. Hmm. Maybe dad with let me taste a bit of his coffee. 

" Dude, I'm not eating any of this. You got any normal food? Cereal? " Lenny says to Robbie as he gestures around to the dehydrated food. 

" Would you like me to make you your egg-white frittata Mr. Feder? " Rita, who Lenny claims in not a nanny but I think other wise, asks. 

Dad looks up and points at Rita while looking at Lenny. He has this ' I told you so ' face on. " I mean, is that what you're doing in science class now? " Lenny asks avoiding Dad's gaze. " Making frittatas? " Rita looks confused. " No. We're okay. You can go practice that in your room though. " 

How do you practice cooking food in your room if you don't have a stove? 

" I know you got that big test coming. " 

Yikes. I hate tests. 

Rita looks confused but she head up to her room. " You know, honey, I think you're overwhelming Lenny. " Gloria says to Robbie. She turns around and takes a bag out of the fridge. " Bacon. " She hands it to Lenny with a smile. " Knock yourself out. " 

" Bacon. " Lenny looks at the pack of meat in his hands. 

" She gets it. " Robbie sends Lenny a lazy smile. 

" Hey, she gets it. " Lenny says to his wife. 

" Thank goodness she gets it. " Dad says happily. 

" Oh hey, daddy Higgins. How'd you sleep? You looked so adorable when you woke up. " Lenny teases. 

Dad rolls his eyes but smiles. 

" Alright, so, " Lenny opens the micro wave and is about to put the bacon in when Robbie stops him. 

I turn around and walk upstairs to change before they start talking about processed food again. 

" Hey Maxi. " Greg smiles widely at me as I walk upstairs. 

" Hey Greg. " 

" How'd you sleep? " 

I shrug. " Okay I guess. " I see my reflection in a mirror by the TV. " Aw shoot. " I blush. " I look like a mess. " 

" I think you look nice. Pretty. " Greg says softly. 

I blush even harder. " Thanks. " 

Greg nods before his little sister drags him away. 

My heart pounds a bit at his smile. 

What is this feeling? 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 2K 12
In which Lenny and Roxanne have a 17 year old daughter... In which Eric and Sally have a 17 year old son... In which their fathers basketball coach d...
95.3K 1.1K 14
A Grown Ups fan fiction. What will happen when Katie the 13 year old daughter of Marcus Higgins falls for the fun, good looking, sweet Greg Feder?Ho...
321K 7K 23
Zaylia Higgins, 18 year old daughter of Marcus Higgins. In many ways she was like her dad. But the thing that brought them together the most, was the...
436K 11.5K 51
Every woman's fantasy is to be married with someone they love someday. Most women are excited and ecstatic when planning their marriage ceremony with...