One Weekend - Grown Ups

By saintpug

Maxon is the thirteen year old daughter of Marcus Higgins. When Maxi's dad gets a phone call saying his old c... More

The Call Chapter 1
Funeral Service Chapter 2
Food Chapter 3
Wilderness Chapter 5
Dinner Chapter 6
Scared Chapter 7
Morning Chapter 8
Canoe Chapter 9
By the lake Chapter 10
Cup Phones and Greg Chapter 11
Protective Chapter 12
Water Park Chapter 13
Rides Chapter 14
Weird Chapter 15
Drunk dad Chapter 16
Dead man Chapter 17
Fourth of July Chapter 18
Arrow Roulette Chapter 19
Good Bye Chapter 20
New Books Chapter 21

The Lake house Chapter 4

6.9K 113 9
By saintpug

Dad parks next to the McKenzie family car and I quickly get out. 

" It's nice you drove your piggy bank here. " Lenny jokes while looking at Robbie and Gloria's car. 

" Hey! " Robbie helps Gloria out. 

" Hey. " Lenny and Eric mock Robbie and drag out the word. 

" Hey, Rob's car is an Oompa loompa too. " Dad jokes. I shake my head at my father and he puts his hand on my shoulder. 

I look at the house and a blue moth killer thingy makes a sound. Poor moths. 

" Daddy? What's that thing doing? " Becky asks Lenny. 

" It's getting rid of the moths honey. " 

" Where is it taking them? " Becky asks a little worried. 

" Hell. " Dad replies simply. 

I poke his side with my elbow. 

" Don't say that Higgins. " Lenny shakes his head. 

" Oh I'm sorry. Not hell, Mexico. " 

Sure Mexico. 

I follow my dad into the house and look around at the cool insides. It's so nice in here. I run my hand over a cool piece of wood as Lenny asks who's getting what room. 

They start talking about swimming. At least, I think they are. 

" Ooh! I want to go swimming with you guy! " Donna says excitedly. 

" Oh honey. We're not really going swimming. What I meant was-" Gloria is cut off by Sally. 

" That's okay. She doesn't need to know what you mean. I don't even know what you mean. " Sally says after she covers Donna's ears. 

" Oh I know what she meant. " Dad makes a throwing up sound. 

I look up at my dad who's looking down at us from the top of the stairs. " Daddy, what does she mean? " I ask very confused. 

" Um, she means, um, well, nothing. Just nothing. " Dad sighs. " You don't want to know. " 

Apparently a lot of things are ' just nothing '. No one tells me anything. This is the sucky part about being around a bunch of adults. They say, and do a lot of different things or say phrases I don't understand. 

Robbie leads upstairs and shows us the master bed room. " Let the kids have it. " Lenny says gesturing to the room. 

I look up at dad who nods and pats my back. I slowly walk in as the adults talk. I set my bag in the corner of the room and look around. 

" Dad? What's this big box connected to the back of the TV? " Kiethie asks. 

" That's the rest of the TV, son. We didn't always have flat screens you know. " 

" Whoa. That's some stone age shiznit. " 

" Yeah that's wack. " Lenny says looking away. 

I open my bag and pull out my book as Kiethie and Greg set up their video game stuff in the room. Can't they survive three minutes without a video game? " 

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

" Come on! " Kiethie yells as he stands up and kills some people in the game. 

What kind of sick game is this? Chopping people's heads off and drowning people isn't a good thing to do. 

" That's it. " Lenny grabs his boys and throws them over his shoulders as he walks out of the room with them. They drop their remote controllers on the ground and start protesting.  

I turn back to my book as Kurt and Eric walk in. They grab their kids and take them outside. Next is my dad. Dad picks me up and I squeal as he tickles me a bit. " Come on Maxi waxi. Let's go outside and show you how us old men used to spend our time. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68 33 11
Eleana Rodriguez, a high school girl who like all other people, dreams of having a thing with her crush, the most popular guy, Marcus Chase and let's...
436K 11.5K 51
Every woman's fantasy is to be married with someone they love someday. Most women are excited and ecstatic when planning their marriage ceremony with...
485 3 19
17-year-old Rachel Fowler is a professional babysitter who was trained to do her job like CPR, changing a diaper, feeding kids and so on. She goes to...
408K 6.6K 25
In which Bree Higgins falls for her dad's best friend's son. edit- i was thinking about deleting this entire fic, but a lot of people still read it s...