Lover • Klaus Mikaelson

By LaurenG185

Ameliana Moretti was not an ordinary girl. She was the only person that Niklaus Mikaelson truly trusted. Unfo... More

Cast
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
A/N
Forty Three
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter ~ 1
A/N
Bonus Chapter ~ 2

Four

26K 533 202
By LaurenG185

3rd person POV:

Elijah went off to find Klaus. Meanwhile, Amelia and Hayley were left alone in the cemetery.

"Lia, what's wrong?" Hayley asked. Amelia looked up from playing with her hands.

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"I could feel your hand. You were tense the entire time that Elijah was showing us his past, what's wrong?" Hayley repeated.

"Nothing is wrong Hayley, really," Amelia assured her.

"Oh come on Amelia. I know you, and I know when you're upset. Tell me. What's wrong?" Hayley scolded, rolling her eyes. Amelia sighed, knowing that she wasn't getting out of this one.

"Fine, Hayley. But you have to promise not to hate me and don't tell anyone," Amelia insisted.

"I promise, but why would I hate you?" Hayley asked.

"You'll see," Amelia responded. She closed her eyes and imagined her red hair. She imagined her old self. Her true form. She felt a tug in the middle of her forehead and it spread downwards. When she opened her eyes she saw Hayley with her mouth hanging open. She looked down and saw her red hair.

"You- what? What the hell? You look exactly like that dead girl!" Hayley cried. She stood up and slowly came over touching Amelia's hair.

"Hayley, I am the dead girl," Amelia responded. Hayley froze and just stared at her, her eyes wide.

"So you're trying to tell me that you were alive for everything that Elijah just showed us. You're the girl that Klaus loves so much? Hold on, I just saw your dead body, how are you alive?" Hayley questioned.

"Well, turns out the blood was still in my system, it was just barely there. That's why it took me so long to wake up. Yes, I'm the girl that Klaus loves, no I don't want him to know that I'm here. He killed me. Plus, I've gotten over him," Amelia explained. Hayley took a minute to let sink in.

"Wow, okay. Well if you ever need anyone to talk to about any of this stuff, I'm always here. I mean I'm always here anyways, but yeah," Hayley told her.

"Thank you for not hating me," Amelia told her. "And please don't tell anyone."

"I could never hate you Lia, and I promise that I won't. I get why seeing that stuff would be hard though. Seeing yourself die doesn't sound very fun," Hayley responded.

"Yeah it's not," Amelia confirmed.

"Oh my god! I just realized. You're like a thousand years old! Wait, so are you an Original?" Hayley asked.

"Yes as a matter of fact. I am an Original. I'm the sixth," Amelia told her. Just then she heard voices coming towards them. She closed her eyes and imagined her mask. Her straight, brown hair. She always kept her eyes the same. They were a brilliant blue, and they were her favorite feature. She didn't want to lose them. When she opened her eyes Hayley was gawking again. "It's amazing how you can just do that." Amelia shot Hayley a small smile. Sophie and the witches came back and they had Elijah and Klaus in tow. As soon as she saw him, she sucked in a breath. Amelia didn't know how it was possible but he looked even better now. His hair was short, and curly, and he was lean and muscular. His jawline was sharp and his pink lips were as full as ever. Almost immediately Klaus' blue eyes met hers. Just as quickly, she looked away. If he looked too long, he would recognize her. She couldn't have that happen. She glanced over at Hayley and both of them stood up, making room for the newcomers. Hayley squeezed her hand.

"I don't know if I can do this Hayley," Amelia whispered to the brunette beside her.

"You're going to be fine. Act as if you don't know them. Don't blow your cover. Everything will be fine," Hayley reassured her. Hayley was also trying to convince herself. She was also aware that she was carrying Klaus' child. What if Amelia started resenting her for it? What if this ruined their friendship? Hayley quickly brushed of those thoughts. Amelia wasn't that kind of person. If Hayley had known about their history, she wouldn't have even gone anywhere near him. The witches came over and dragged Hayley away from Amelia. Amelia shot them a look but didn't fight them. Sophie started explaining the situation to Klaus and everyone held their breaths as they waited for him to react.

"No. It's impossible," Klaus said.

"I said the same thing myself," Elijah informed him. She quickly glanced at Hayley and noticed that Hayley was growing increasingly anxious.

"This is a lie. You are all lying. Vampires can't procreate," Klaus cried.

"But werewolves can. Magic made you a vampire, but you were born a werewolf. You're the Original hybrid, the first of your kind. And this pregnancy is one of nature's loopholes," Sophie reminded him.

"You've been with someone else, admit it!" Klaus roared at Hayley. Amelia was shocked. She didn't remember him having such a temper. 'It's been a thousand years,' she reminded herself.

"Hey, I've spent days held captive in a freaking alligator bayou because they think that I'm carrying some magical miracle baby. Don't you think I would've fessed up if it wasn't yours?" Hayley shot back. She cautiously glanced at her best friend, but Amelia was smirking which caused Hayley to relax a bit.

"My sister gave her life to perform the spell she needed to confirm this pregnancy. Because of Jane-Anne's sacrifice, the lives of this girl and her baby are now controlled by us. We can keep them save. Or we can kill them. If you don't help us take down Marcel, so help me, Hayley won't live long enough to see her first maternity dress," Sophie threatened.

"Wait, what?" Hayley asked in disbelief. Amelia growled.

"Threaten my friend again, and I'll kill all of you before you can lift a finger," Amelia threatened Sophie. The brunette witch turned towards her, fear written all over her face. Sophie knew that Amelia wasn't lying, and she was very capable of killing all of them before they could even lift a finger to stop her. Klaus saw this interaction and was curious. Why was Sophie Deveraux so afraid of this girl? He had noticed her as soon as he had walked in. She was extremely beautiful and there was something so familiar about her presence, yet Klaus couldn't put a finger on what it was.

"Enough of this. If you want Marcel dead, he's dead. I'll do it myself," Elijah concluded.

"No. We can't, not yet. We have a clear plan that we need to follow, and there are rules," Sophie insisted. Amelia was done with this witch. It took every ounce of her self-control not to rip Sophie apart, limb by limb. Everyone looked over at Klaus, awaiting his reaction. When Amelia turned her head she was surprised to see he was staring directly at her. He took a deep breath, as if to calm himself, and then looked back at the witches.

"How dare you command me, threaten me, with what you wrongfully perceive to be my weaknesses. This is a pathetic deception. I won't hear any more lies," Klaus yelled, a few seconds later turning his head away from her.

"Niklaus!... Listen," Elijah exclaimed. Klaus pauses for a moment, and it's clear that he can hear the heartbeat of the baby. He looks at Hayley, then at his brother and the witches.

"Kill her and the baby. What do I care?" He said finally, leaving everyone shocked. Amelia was frozen in her spot. She was shocked that he had gotten this bad. She never thought that Niklaus Mikaelson would condemn an innocent woman and child to death. Let alone his own child!

"Screw this. I'm out of here!" Hayley exclaimed. She tried to push the witches out of her way but they stood firm.

"No one touches the girl. I'll fix this," Elijah promised. Sophie nods and he quickly follows after Klaus.

***

Elijah was thinking about Hayley's friend Amelia while he was searching for Klaus. Her last name was Moretti which means she must be related to Ameliana. Their names were so similar. Yet there was no physical similarities. Their face structures were different, their hair colors. The only similarities were their piercing blue eyes. There was no way that it could be the same person. Elijah sighed knowing that Klaus missed her terribly. He found his younger brother running through a street and promptly caught up with him.

"Niklaus," Elijah called out to his brother.

"It's a trick, Elijah," Klaus said turning around. He was well aware that his brother was frustrated with him.

"No, brother. It's gift. It's your chance – it's our chance," Elijah told him with conviction. He really believed that this was his brother's chance at redemption.

"To what?" Klaus asked incredulously

"To start over. Take back everything we lost, everything that was taken from us. Niklaus, our own parents came to despise us. Our family was ruined – we were ruined. And since then, all that you have ever wanted – all that we have ever wanted was a family," Elijah explained.

"You know full well that out family will never be complete brother!" Klaus shouted at the suited Original.

"And why pray tell not?" Elijah asked.

"Because of Ameliana! She is not here with us anymore! She was the glue Elijah! Without her we would have fallen apart. Even as humans!" Klaus said sighing

"Niklaus, that was over a thousand years ago. Please. Let her go! She was one girl of many others." Elijah begged.

"I will not be manipulated," Klaus said with finality. He turns away but Elijah vamp-speeds over to block his way.

"So they're manipulating you. So what? With them, this girl and her child – your child – live," Elijah informed him. He was hoping that his brother would have common sense for once in his lifetime.

"I'm gonna kill every last one of them," Klaus told him hatefully. He shoves Elijah and turns away, but once again Elijah vamp-speeds over and blocks him.

"And then what? Then you return to Mystic Falls to resume your life as the hated one, as the evil hybrid? Is it so important to you that people quake with fear at the sound of your name?" Elijah questioned.

"People quake with fear because I have the power to make them afraid. What will this child offer me? Will it guarantee me power?" Klaus asked.

"Family is power, Niklaus. Love, loyalty – that's power. This is what we swore to one another a thousand years ago, before life tore away what little humanity you had left, before ego, before anger, before paranoia created in this person before me someone I can barely even recognize as my own brother. This is us, the Original family, and we remain together, always and forever. I am asking you to stay here. I will help you and I will stand by you. Ameliana or not, I will be your brother. We will build a home here together. So save this girl. Save your child," Elijah begged again. He was appalled that he was reduced to begging, but at this point he just wanted his brother to realize that what he was saying was true. Elijah has placed a hand on Klaus' shoulder. Klaus brings his own hand to Elijah's neck in a brotherly gesture.

"No," Klaus whispered. He turned around a walked away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 29 24
"For an eternity, darling." He smiled. - Amelia Mikaelson, the original witch hybrid and the old wife of Klaus Mikaelson. Five hundred years of mar...
959 31 14
Faith Mikaelson has suffered through a lot with the loss of her mother, Hayley Marshall, and her father, Klaus Mikaelson. She has grieved and is stil...
33.2K 643 49
"I'm glad you came, Alex. Like it or not, when one refers to the Mikaelsons, they're referring to you, as well. Tonight will allow you to make up you...
718K 14K 33
What if there what another person who knew the Mikaelson's before they got turned into Vampires. What if Niklaus had a best friend in the other world...