If You Invite Them In

By let-it-down

⚠️ minors DNI. Dark, mysterious.....possessive....Irresistible. More

The Scent
Meeting At Last
Laying Claim
Paul
A Lesson
The Scarf
Too Much
Gone
No Matter What
Can't Stay Away Forever
The One
The Introduction
Settling In
Lessons In History
The Bath

Phantom

1.1K 53 25
By let-it-down

***George's POV***

I make my way through the empty streets of this small, dreary town. The sky darkening as night approaches.

My mind feels hazy, like I'm stuck in a cloud.

I'm so hungry...I haven't eaten anything since....

I shake my head, wanting to pummel my brain for bringing those painful memories back.

I stare hard at the sidewalk, my boots pounding the pavement steadily as I approach The Cavern.

It's not long before I arrive. The dank club welcoming me with it's stifling air as I walk down the stairs, hands shoved deep into the pockets of my leather jacket.

As soon as I enter the room I see the others sitting with their backs to me at the bar.

I frown as I slide back into the shadows where they cant see me.

Of course they're here.....I can't face them....not yet...I just need to find someone....

A soft hand landing on my shoulder makes me turn quickly.

________? No...

"George!" She says in a flirty squeal, "I've missed you so much! It's been forever since you all have played!"

I press my finger to her lips so the others won't hear. Her eyebrows raise and a smirk stretches beneath my finger.

"Oh, so you want to be quiet, then..." She purrs, "Well, I know a certain little alley we can...be quiet in..."

The hunger deep inside me screams to take her offer.

This meal is falling right in my lap....at least she'd like to, anyway...

I smile devilishly at her, "then lead the way, love."

***Your POV***

I watch my feet striding slowly across the cracked, uneven pavement. Not sure what I even intend to do when I get to The Cavern.

It seems to take a hundred years, but when I finally arrive I can't seem to bring myself to walk down those familiar stairs.

I stand there stupidly for God knows how long, catching my breath. Heart pounding in my chest from the exertion.

What if he's in there?....I don't want to see him..........but.......no!

I shake my head and carefully climb down the stairs.

I enter the too hot club and make my way to the bar without paying too much attention to my surroundings.

I can't see him if he's here. I can't.

An arm wraps around my shoulder, a melodic, familiar voice filling my ear, "______! It's been such a while since we've seen you! Say, where's George?"

I turn and look into the hazel eyes of Paul. John and Ringo leaning forward to wave at me.

I give them a strained smile.

Haven't seen George? Where could he have gone?

An unwanted thought of him sneaking into my house sends a shiver up my spine.

My eyes survey the entire space, there's maybe 5 other people here. Since the boys aren't playing this place seems pretty...dead...

This was a terrible idea....should have just stayed home...

John speaking brings my attention back to the current situation. "Is he off in the pisser er what, love?"

I open my mouth but no sound comes out. My tongue feels dried out and I can barely get the words out. "I...don't know...haven't seen him in over a week..."

"What? He hasn't been with you?" Paul says incredulously.

He's probably lying. Don't fall for it, __________.

I shake my head, "the last night we were together we uh....." I blush madly, deciding to just skip it. "He was drinking and I couldn't get him to stop...he was too into it...I passed out. And when I regained conciousness.....He was just...gone. I could hardly get out of bed...I think.....I nearly died..."

I look up to see their faces twisted in a mixture of shock and something I can't place, unease rising in my blood.

Their reactions are making me feel very vulnerable....uneasy.

I realize far too late just how dangerous of a situation I so carelessly have gotten myself into.

George's unwanted words echo through my mind "no one can resist the way you smell....you're like a beacon....they can pick you out easily. Skillfully. But since you wouldn't be their One...."

I shake my head, causing Paul to pull his arm from my shoulder.

I feel my heart pound again, my eyes wide.

"________..." he says carefully, reaching to place his hand on my hand.

I stand abruptly, needing to get away from all these damn vampires. "I..need some air. Goodbye.."

With that lame excuse I walk as quickly as I can to the exit and stand at the top of the stairs trying to catch my breath.

Home. Go home. It's too much..

************************

"What the hell was that? She looked bloody terrified of us!" John asks dumbfoundedly, rising from his seat.

Paul grabs him by the arm as he begins to walk to the door, "No. We need to go after George."

**********************

I stumble my way towards home. My head pounding along with my heart.

It's all too much. I have to stop.

I lean against the opening of a dark alley, panting as I clutch my chest.

It hurts....I'm using too much energy...

I gasp for air as my legs tremble under my weight.

*****************

I look at the girl in my arms, she's nothing like ________. And her blood smells...average at best.

She flashes me an attempt at a sultry smile. I smile back, this doesn't feel right. It's too soon. I'm tainting her memory.

I lean down, my lips at this girl's throat. Not tantalizing whatsoever.

Suddenly that familiar scent weakly makes it's way to my nose. So faint it's like a phantom of her has come to haunt me in the waking world.

I lift my head from the girl quickly, my eyes snapping to a figure hunched over at the opening of the alley.

The smell is a bit stronger now.

It's her. She's haunting me....the ghost of the One I was supposed to protect...

I release the girl, the manifestation of my love standing taller now.

I feel myself gaping, but can't help it.

Suddenly she notices me, her eyes widening in shock.....fear...

We stare at each other for a few moments before she spits at me, "surprised to see me?"

I push the girl toward the opposite end of the alley. She protests but goes with a huff and a death glare to ________.

I step closer to her, my mouth still open in surprise, confusion.

"Surprised to see me still kicking?"

She turns quickly and runs off.

I reach my arm out uselessly, "________ no! Wait!" She doesn't even give me a spare glance as she disappears.

I go to run after her, but a strong hand grips my shoulder painfully.

I turn to see John, then Paul and Ringo appear from the darkness.

"George. Where have you been." John says, not so much as a question, but as a blatant statement of accusation.

"Home.." I say, which isn't really a lie.

John throws me against the wall. "Be serious George! We just spoke with _______. She said you nearly drank her to death! How could you do that?!"

I feel shame and sorrow flow through me, my eyes stinging as I look away from his accusing stare.

"I...did.....I thought...I thought I killed her...I..couldn't stop myself....she just tasted...and felt...so, so good....When I got up the next morning she was cold, unresponsive...I couldn't get her to wake up...I thought she was dead...because of my greed.."

"Why didn't you come to us for help, George?!" Ringo asks exasperatedly.

"I couldn't!! I spent so much time fuckin' moping about not having someone and I go and fuckin' kill her! I was scared! I couldn't ask for help! I was terrified of what I had done! All I wanted to do was step out into the sun and join her after it happened!"

"Calm down, George...You need to go to her...tell her everything....she seemed so terrified of us...I can't imagine how she's been feeling...left alone to die..nothin' but her thoughts.." Paul says pushing me from John's painful grasp.

"Go to her."

"I...can't...."

"Go stay with her tonight, George. Or one of us will." Paul says cooly, his shadowed face serious as death.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 72 17
11K 421 64
𝟣𝟫𝟨𝟢,𝖩𝗈𝗁𝗇 𝖫𝖾𝗇𝗇𝗈𝗇 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖻𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖺𝗅𝗅 𝗀𝖾𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗈𝗉𝗉𝖾𝗋𝗍𝗎𝗇𝗂𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗈 𝗀𝗈 𝗍𝗈 𝖧𝖺𝗆𝖻𝗎𝗋𝗀, 𝖦𝖾𝗋𝗆𝖺𝗇𝗒. 𝖶𝗁...
77.2K 1.4K 49
-"𝑙𝑒𝑡 𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑑𝑜𝑤𝑛, 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑖𝑚 𝑔𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑤𝑏𝑒𝑟𝑟𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑒𝑙𝑑𝑠"