Always By Your Side (Winter x...

By GiexesAdris

A few years back, before Winter entered the Atlas Military School... She had a close friend and butler named... More

Early Morning
Always
1000 Miles
So Much Screaming...
Put in a Good Mood
The Beginning of a Long Night
From Long Night till' Morning
Danger Zone
Finale
Extra Story 1: Prequel

T'was a Good Night

4.6K 79 14
By GiexesAdris

Imyo POV

I made my way down from my platform stage and walked towards a nearby long table, the foreigners from that table had their eyes glued on me immediately while my men ate their way through the banquet, silently.

"Heya!" I said as I pushed the butler away, letting myself sit beside him "Second day here already, how'd you guys like it so far?"

I got a few mixed responses from them, specially the older ones like Winter, her butler, and Jacques, it was the young ones who seemed to be unsure with their answer.

"Oh? Don't tell me that you haven't gone around here yet?" I asked them.

"It's been only our second day here" the little sister said.

"Oh hey, Weiss right?" she nodded to my question "You could've done a lot in just two days! I once got in enemy territory when I was taking over. Took me one day to know where I can hide and another to find weapons... gonna give myself a pat in the back for carrying all of these oafs to victory"

"Hey! It's not like we're always the heavyweight here!" replied my men "Remember that time with the Grim-drop mercenaries?"

"I'm boss here" I said as I took a gulp from the cup on the table "If I say it didn't happen, then it didn't happen!"

As they laughed, I looked back at the white haired family I was just talking to.

"You guys should really get out of here and check out the city proper" I pointed outside "You probably flew past it on the way here, it's a pretty short walk and it's pretty worth it"

The small city outside our wooden and stone fortress was a mishmash of different cultures and people. If one were to try and trace the origins of each product sold there, specially the crafts and arts, then they would have to travel around and probably even outside Remnant to completely record and trace its origin.

"Hey! Subo!" I called out to one of the escorts of our guests "Why don't ya help them out later, take them out of here and give 'em a tour" I said as I bit on some of the meat on the table.

Soon enough, he came running in. His head was rough and had no hair left, a single long scar slashed through from his leftmost side of the head all the way to the top of his head. If he were to take off his sleeves, there would be long claw-like slashes, if you were to see his back, you can see where the whips would lash at him. Despite all of it, he still had a smile that would make a clown jealous.

"Sup boss! I got another escort mission huh?" he said as he sat down behind me with a plate of food on his right hand and a bottle of booze on the other "Man it's becoming my specialty"

"Think of this as more of a reward" I said "You can bring your daughter with you while you tour them around!"

"Whoah!? You serious boss?"

"Yeah, you've been doing good lately. Why don't you buy her a gift or something, on me"

"Aww... so you do notice me hehe, you're gonna make me blush boss"

"Yeah-yeah shut up" I drank as I laughed at his face "Don't make me change my mind"

"Got it!"

"ONE gift alright? The next one is on you"

"Heh! Then how much are you gonna give me boss?" he asked with excitement.

"Hm? Just show me the gift then I'll buy it"

"I need to bring it here?"

"Nah, I'll also come when you guys go out!"

"Wait a minute!" Winter said "We never said we're going out!"

Immediately I turned to my side, towards her little sister.

"Awww... but do you really want to stay here?" I said as her little sister stared at me "All cooped up in some big house when there's just... so much to see outside!" not even to probe any deeper, I can see the gears in Weiss' head turning.

"When else will you have a chance like this?"

Soon enough, she spoke...

"I guess heading out is way better than just sitting around here..." Weiss said, not making eye contact with anyone "And having their leader by your side is the safest you could get..."

"Of course! I'm pretty strong" I said, flexing out my muscles as I rolled up my sleeves "I once took down a whole ship by myself you know"

"Whoah! How did you do that!?" Weiss suddenly asked.

"It's a long story, it all star-"

"Enough!" her older sister screamed "We're still in enemy territory"

"W-well!" Weiss began to rebuke but couldn't get the words out of her mouth to which I decided to step into action.

"C'mon, just relent" I said "It's pretty bad manners to refuse the offers of a ruler. And do Schnees have bad manners?"

"Oh just go!" to all of our surprise, it was Jacques who agreed "But be here by sundown and if I see so much as a scratch on my children, you will pay!"

"Hehe, got it!"

And just like that, our afternoon was all set...

Weiss POV

The smell of well burnt meat along with spices had completely overpowered the smell of sweat and dirt around us. It wasn't as tightly packed as I thought it would be nor was it chaotic. A single road consisting of two lanes was always devoid of any person and only small vehicles would drive by it; which was mostly horse drawn carriages but every now and then, there would be people who pull the carriage themselves or pedal through the rough road. It seemed rather barbaric but Imyo clarified that they were 'public workers'. Not really having a job so they were delegated to something like that. They acquire certain perks such as a small allowance and a small amount of food whenever they work.

Everyone on the table was with us as far as I could tell, even father was walking with us while (y/n) and Winter were at the back just chatting and Imyo at the front, leading the way alongside Subo and his daughter. It was due to this that people would bow at us as we walked on.

"The worst time I did that was way too long ago but it's still fresh in my mind" Subo said as he walked beside us, his daughter running around us "Got myself some hot noodles thrown on my head! And the girl kept lashing out on how badly I pulled the carriage! LIKE WHAT THE HELL!? It was too slow she said go faster, it's going too rough she said so I slowed down! WHAT DO YOU WANT WOMAN!?"

We laughed at his stories as we went around the town. Turns out Imyo's subordinates were required to do 'public work'.

"So anyway" he continued "So that's how I met your mother kid..."

"Wha-"

"Moving on!"

As we walked farther, the smell eventually changed as well. It was the smell of clay, smoke, dirt, and fire. Looking around, we got to see different types of metallurgy, from intricate plates to vases. Along with them are sculptures of wood depicting a hybrid of animals, each store having different styles, one was realistic while the other was oddly shaped and without form. Eventually, we even saw paintings showing depictions of nature and artificial works.

"Hey boss!" said Subo as he carried his daughter on his shoulders "When are we gonna fix the road anyway?"

"When we get the funds" she said without looking back "We're already having a hard time maintaining our ever expanding territory. Food and water, power, security, and livelihood have a higher priority in my eyes right now..."

"So..."

"This deal will help us out. I do hope that is made clear Jacques"

And all father answered was a grunt of acknowledgement.

Now that I do look around and looked carefully, I do see that not everything is exactly at its best. Living spaces were small and cramped, power lines had gaps and cuts in them and everyone was sweating outside. It was still a city on the rise...

But in the middle of it were still people laughing about, trying to make do with what they can. A normal person or a faunus, race, color, nothing mattered. They were all there alive and living with what they can, doing their best everyday. They were together through it all...

"Looking well little princess" Imyo said "This won't be like any nation you've seen before. This is my world, my nation... the nation of outcasts..."

It was those words that stuck on my head throughout our whole tour.

Soon enough, as we walked on and looked at different crafts and works and simply carried our lunch as we walked on more...

"Heh, I thought I smelled an out of place bull around here... with a stray cat even..."

As soon as we heard those words, the crowd suddenly stopped moving and all heads turned towards the two dangerous groups in their presence. It was there that I saw a woman whose dark skin was covered with dark stripes, a single diamond shaped gem was on her forehead, her tiger ears could be clearly seen on top of her head. Beside her was a man with red hair, his eyes were covered by a mask from which two small horns seem to come out off.

"Oh... look who we have here Adam" the woman said.

"Friends of yours Imyo?" the man continued as he looked pass Imyo.

"They could be, we're working on that right now" she calmly replied "Sienna and Adam... why are you here?"

Immediately Subo took down his daughter and hid her behind him as she hugged the back of his shirt tightly.

"You said you wanted to make a deal with us only to suddenly cancel it..." the woman named Sienna said "I was worried if something happened"

"Sorry about the last minute change. But I'm working on something here..."

"Cut the crap Imyo!" Adam suddenly screamed "After all we've been through in the end, you'll side with these humans..."

"What we've been through were all because of one common enemy. I've done my part and you did yours, that's all"

"So you'd rather deal with them?" Sienna asked.

"I'll still see about that, if they don't want to accept my terms by the end of the week then the offer is again open for you" Imyo moved forward "Until then, I must insist you stay out of this as my guests don't feel quite comfortable... just step aside for now"

"Fine" Adam suddenly stepped forward "But we're not going empty handed"

"Don't try it boy"

"ADAM!" screamed Sienna as she stepped in to stop him "We're leaving, we have what we need to know now..."

Just like that, they suddenly turned and left along with the small troop they had with them. The moment they were far from a long distance, Imyo immediately turned around and began to walk back.

"Be prepared tonight" she said towards Subo who held the hand of his shaking daughter "We might be having unexpected guests..."

Winter POV

Nighttime had just set in and the whole fortress seemed to be asleep though its halls were still well lit thanks to the bright moon shining above and the small lamps placed around. I quickly made my way towards (y/n)'s room.

If Imyo can spend a night with him then so can I!

I quickly turned the corner towards his room when I saw a shadowy figure move towards it as well.

(y/n)!

I dashed in as well quickly, ready to strike. The moment I saw who it was, I quickly did my best to stop what I was about to do...

"Imyo!?"

"Oh hey Winter! Fancy meeting you here!"

"What are you doing here!?"

"It's my fortress! How about you?"

"I-I w-was..."

"Gonna give (y/n) something tonight? Hehe, nice moves"

"Shut up! How about you huh!? Why're you heading towards his room?"

"Cause' I was bored again... and what's better than one happy night? TWO happy nights!"

"You've had your chance with him now it's my turn!"

"Not like I really care! There's still something I wanted to ask him about" she murmured the last sentence "But hey you have him all the time back at your place! If anything now is my chance..."

"Shut up! That doesn't count!"

"Oh fine... do what you will but I'm coming in there"

"Well me to!"

"Oh? Hehe, that's cool"

"What is?"

"Shall we come in together?"

Imyo POV

"Shall we come in together?" I teased as I stepped forward towards her.

"T-together!?"

"Are you secretly a parrot faunus or something? Yes together!" I complained but remembering my true agenda, I straightened the conversation "But seriously, there's something that I need to say and ask so let's just get this over with ok..."

Then, I felt something. I could tell, something was wrong within the fortress. My senses were heightened and I couldn't explain it at all. I could hear extra footsteps and smell something wrong in the air...

Not taking any chances...

"Get in there now and wake him up! You all need to leave!" I said, pushing her towards the door.

"W-wait, I'm not yet ready!"

"Not the time princess, I'm serious here. This isn't the safest week right now so get ready to head out this night!"

"What?" she stopped in her tracks and turned towards me "What's going on?"

"There-"

Before she could answer, a scream rang through the hall and immediately I know that they've struck. Without saying anything else, we bot sprang into action.

"I'll handle that, go wake your butler and leave ASAP. We'll talk some other time, I'll also check on your siblings... actually that might be them but..."

"Got it! They better be safe!"

I sprinted through the hall. Right now, Subo was still standing on guard for them. As strong as he was, it was still possible that they got through him and got the kids. Sure enough, there was a group of White Fang members guarding the door of the Schnee kids and were slowly moving through the castle with more and more forces.

I held my matchlock spear in hand and pounced upon them...

My spear pierced through flesh and bone of a White Fang member and I immediately pierced through the skin of another with my finger. Upon touching his blood, I activated my semblance, turning his own blood to acid. His whole body fell and collapsed into itself. He couldn't even scream for help...

I held my spear down on the first White Fang member and activated its special function. The intricate carvings on its body slowly glowed a menacing red as it slowly sucked on every ounce of blood within his body. When it was already filled, I took aim at another member and fired. Bullet pierced him and the blood coat it had, touched upon by my semblance, spread within his body and poisoned him. His mouth foamed and his eyes became bloody before collapsing on the ground.

Now, I know... it's going to be a fun night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.2K 1K 30
When magical prince (Y/N) (L/N) receives a royal magic wand for his 14th birthday. 3 years later, he showed his parents he is not ready for responsib...
96.1K 1.5K 8
Ironwood has decided that he can no longer run both the Atlas military, the school, and help Ozpin, so he has decided to make Winter his successor a...
790 7 13
Everyone already settled in their school life. The protagonists start uncovering a plot by Roman Torchwick and the White Fang while Cinder Fall's pla...
84.1K 1.2K 10
(Y/N) is the oldest son of one of the strongest huntsman, Endeavor. At first he loved his father, but soon realized that his father only sees him as...