*Discontinued* The Cursed and...

Galing kay The_Revenant_King

This is a soulmate Au in which everyone is born with two gifts (powers) and one curse. I found inspiration fr... Higit pa

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33

19

2.1K 108 33
Galing kay The_Revenant_King

"Of course, I made it." Virgil pulled Roman through and laughed at the childlike wonder that filled the prince's eyes. Virgil giggled softly to himself as he stuffed his hands into his pocket waiting for Roman to be ready to head out. They ported to the closest gate but they weren't there yet. They still had to walk to their destination.

"How the fuck?" Roman was lost. He felt like a child again entering the magic tent. "Now that had to be magic!" Roman jumped giggling as he turned to Virgil not noticing the fear in the other's eyes due to his excitement. Roman blushed as he grabbed Virgil's hand and just beam. "How? How'd to do that? How did you make that?" His hyperactivity was coming out full force as he turned back to the door as he peeked in to see his bedroom still there. He couldn't help but screech like the fanboy he was. "God I love magic!" Virgil grabbed his arm pulling his attention back to him and Roman just smiled.

'You do?'

"Do I what?" Virgil frowned as Roman laughed.

'You said you loved magic.'

"I've always loved magic." Virgil's eyes lit up as Roman narrowed his eyes with a soft smile. "It's just been a fascination of mine. The way the movies portray it... Even the things those witches were able to do. I mean the dragon witch created fireworks out of thin air!" Roman jumped with excitement as Virgil smirked a bit.

"Normally when one mentions the dragon witch it's not with admiration." Roman frowned as Virgil looked away. "It's usually fear."

"Well, she did curse the entire void to suffer from these curses. When people are suffering it's easier to put the blame on someone. Don't you hate her?" Virgil laughed as he shook his head.

"It wasn't her fault." Virgil started walking off ignoring Roman's confusion who just bearly managed to read what he had said before Virgil turned around completely.

"You know you're an odd one Anxiety." Virgil shot the prince a look as Roman frowned. "What I mean is... You don't fit Thomas's mold. You're capable of such amazingly magical things. Plus it's like our relationship turned on its head the moment we mutually came out about our curses... largely do to you. I just... I feel like I know nothing about you but at the same time... I know more than anyone else."

"Well, technically Logan knows more than anyone." Roman stopped short as Virgil kept going. "He knows about my past and everything. He's known since before..." Virgil paused noticing Roman wasn't beside him anymore and frowned. "Roman?"

"Back here." Virgil turned to see Roman standing there with this sad look in his eyes. "You two have quite the relationship don't you." Virgil shot the prince a confused look as he laughed a bit.

"Well, yeah. Logan's been there for me since I was 10." Roman held back the wince as his chest tinged in pain. Why did that hurt him? Was Logan Virgil soulmate? Was that why Virgil was getting better? Why did that hurt? Roman frowned as his thoughts spiraled. It hurt to see Virgil hurting. It hurt to know Virgil could be destined to be with another man. Did Roman really care that much about the anxious one? Why? Virgil was practically perfect. He was far out of Roman's league. Even if Roman did care about Virgil, it would never happen. Virgil found his soulmate. "I care for him deeply."

"Do you love him?" Virgil was taken back by the sudden question as Roman smiled over at him. Roman didn't know why he asked that, but he supposed he needed to know. He had to... 

"What?"

"Do you love, Logan?" Virgil laughed as he truly thought about it.

"Well, yeah I guess so." Virgil could see the way Roman's body shook. The prince's eyes were dull and Virgil didn't understand what was wrong. Even if Roman wasn't showing anything, in fact, he was still smiling, it was clear he was upset. "Roman, what's wrong?"

"Nothing." His voice cracked and Virgil sighed. 

"It's clearly something. What's going on?" Roman shook his head and smiled again.

"It's not important. Now we should hurry up, or we're going to be late for whatever the surprise is." Virgil crossed his arms and stood there defiantly as Roman tried to change the subject. "Really, Virgil. It's not..."

"You're upset so it is important to me. I don't know why Logan came into the convo. The dude's a brother to me. He helped me out in the void when all I had was my mother. So yes I do love him... as family. The same way I care about Patton, who took me in when we all got there. He's like a dad to me. Even Deceit is like family... even if I want to kill him right now. There are a lot of people I care for."

"Virgil, it's fine..." Virgil shook his head and frowned staring at the dirt.

"I care about you too, Roman." Roman eyes went wide. He wanted to cry... to scream. He read Virgil's lips right. He knew he did. He only wished he could've heard it right to, instead of this radio static-like sound. "I know I don't show it often but I do care. I care about every single one of you all... Even Remus and that's saying something. You all are the only people that have ever accepted me. I don't want to lose that."

"Virgil..." Roman tensed seeing how Virgil's hands shook and he frowned feeling guilty. "I promise you, it wasn't anything important. You aren't going to lose any of us. I swear..."

"We're gonna be late." Virgil walked off not bothering to check if Roman was following. Roman was although slowly. He did it again. He upset Virgil. All because he couldn't let it go that Virgil found his soulmate. Why does that matter? He should be happy. He should be happy for Virgil. Instead... instead he's in pain.

Roman's hand went to his chest as they both just walked in silence, not that Roman would have noticed either way really. Virgil was ignoring the way his throat burned. He didn't understand why Roman was like that. He didn't understand what he did but he was adamant that this was going to fix everything.

"Why are we..." Virgil pulled Roman in before he could finish his question and smiled slightly. "...at the concert... hall?" Roman glanced around seeing the giant crowd of people filling the place to the brim and frowned. "Virgil?"

"I told you, I wanted to take you to see Ben." Virgil's small smile grew a tiny bit more as he led Virgil through the crowd until the entered the actual space and Roman's heart just dropped. On stage, there were the makings of what was clearly going to be a band playing. People were waiting with pure excitement in their seats. Virgil just squeezed Roman's hand seeing the confusion building. "What?"

"Virgil... I can't hear why..." Virgil laughed as he started walking off again, leading Roman through the rows until they came to a door. "Virgil, what are we doing?"

"Shh..." Virgil pushed the door open letting Roman walk through first and Roman froze up. Virgil skipped out in front of the prince only to laugh at the stunned look he had. "I take it you've never been backstage before?"

"Virgil, I've never been to a concert before." Virgil's eyes darkened as Roman took everything in. "The only times I went to anything sound-related was to keep up appearances. I was the crowned prince after all. I had to keep up appearances. I didn't have a choice." Roman took a step in reveling in the busy atmosphere as he smiled. He could almost feel the growing excitement that permeated the atmosphere. "I don't understand. Why take me here? I can't hear anything Virgil."

"Because, Roman..." Virgil took his hand again and just smiled up at the dazed prince. "It's not about hearing it." Roman's eyes narrowed as Virgil led him over to the curtain so they could look out onto the stage. The band was already on there getting ready as Virgil brought Roman closer to a speaker. "It's about feeling it, Roman."

Roman's eyes went wide as the place exploded with sound. Virgil smirked seeing the Prince tense up. Roman's eyes began to well up as his breath hitched. The sound he was picking up was more the drum if anything. He wasn't really hearing much but he felt the world come alive. He felt it in his bones... the beat rang through him as he struggled to keep a steady breathing pattern. Virgil just laughed fondly seeing Roman's eyes light up. Virgil took Roman's hands moving them to his chest and effectively catching Roman's attention.

"Close your eyes." Roman frowned reading Virgil's lips as Virgil held his hand tighter. "It's ok. Close them." Roman nodded as he let his eyes close. He took a deep breath just melting into the vibrations. Virgil pulled away letting go of Roman's hands and watching the prince relax entirely into everything. Roman was lost. It was like the whole world... the air, the ground... every vibrated with life and energy. It enveloped him completely pulling him into the rhythm. He felt it in his bones... in his blood... in his soul. 

Virgil didn't care about the music. Even if Ben was playing Panic at the disco right now, his attention was solely on Roman. As the music went on and every new song was played Virgil just stood there staring at the Prince as he felt the music around him. Virgil couldn't even look away. The look of euphoria that graced the prince's expression was one Virgil would thank the heavens for.

He never got to see this back in the void. There all Virgil saw of the prince was... well... He was often lectured or ridiculed. More times than Virgil would admit did the anxious one find himself in cuffs being taken to the police station or something as Roman watched the car drive off. He's seen Roman so many times in the void. And every single time all he ever saw was... disdain. This was something new. This time he saw something light... Roman was smiling because of something Virgil had done. He never wanted t end. When the music finally ended and the band was leaving the stage, Roman slowly opened his eyes to find Virgil with a slight yet caring smile on his face. 

"Virgil!" The two jumped as someone ran over pulling the smaller one into a hug. Virgil just laughed as the guy just beamed. "I'm so glad you could make it. I didn't even think you knew I was back..."

"Come on Ben. I told you I would check in with you." The man just chuckled as Virgil pulled himself away with a slight smirk. "You've actually gotten better there Ben. What, did you finally take my advice?"

"If you're asking if I finally asked my father for tips then... not really." Virgil's eyes brow raised a smidge as Ben frowned. "I asked him to actually teach me." Ben smiled brightly catching the eyeroll Virgil made as Roman just stood there awkwardly. "So... who's your friend?" Virgil jumped looking back to see Roman and laughed at himself for forgetting.

"This is Roman." Virgil smiled a bit as he signed while he spoke. Roman narrowed his eyes as Virgil shook his head with a slight eye roll. "He's that comrade of mine I told you about." Ben's eyes went wide as they darted over and Virgil just smiled.

"Wait that Prince?" Virgil nodded as Roman frowned in confusion.

"Wait, you spoke about me?" Virgil tensed up as he glanced over at Roman with this look of awkwardness in his eyes. Roman laughed as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Now, I feel bad." Virgil narrowed his eyes as Roman shrugged. "I usually try to avoid as much conversation as I can so I never really talked to anyone about you... o-or the others."

"Rude..." Virgil laughed as Ben smirked awkwardly. Virgil just shook his head as Ben glance back over at him.

"Not really." Ben narrowed his eyes as Virgil still continued to sign. At this point, it's just gotten into Virgil's head to always sign so that Roman has a better time paying attention. "Princey and I have actually learned a bit about each other lately... So I understand what he means by that." Ben narrowed his eyes even more in confusion as Virgil nudged Roman. "You need to get out more Princey. And if I'm telling you then there is defiantly something going on."

"Says the side that came to every concert and art show the mind space ever had." Roman's eyes shot wide as Virgil shrugged. "Not to mention every town meeting... event... fundraiser..."

"Ok, I think we get it." Virgil crossed his arms as he attempted to give Ben this dirty look. Obviously it was muted but the result was the same. Ben laughed as Virgil frowned. "I'm not as shut-in as I like to pretend I am... Give me a break. I spent my whole life in the void being a hermit for the most part. Every chance I got to be out and in the 'real world' I took."

"Virgil?" Roman frowned as Virgil glanced over at him. "You've never really spoken about your life in the void before." Virgil's eyes widened a smidge as he looked away and Ben smiled sadly. He was going to say something but his manager had shitty timing.

"Sorry boys, I have to book it. Talk to you later?" Virgil nodded as he watched Ben run towards a much older man. Roman gently rubbed Virgil's arm as the smaller just sighed.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

84.4K 2.5K 38
Virgil use to be a dark side and life was less than perfect. but he's a light side now so everything should be ok... Right? Trigger warning, self har...
30.3K 1.1K 24
So this is my very first story ever so let me know what you guys think! The following pictures that you'll see in this story do NOT belong to me so i...
48.7K 2.5K 22
The Light and Dark Mind Palaces don't talk with each other. They have no reason to. Until a message appears from The Dark Mind Palace. Patton sees it...
25.7K 688 66
I have forever wanted to do something like this and recently i have gotten back into Thomas. So, i decided to do this, plus i love interacting with p...